PDA

View Full Version : What Free Agent do you want most?

Bones911
01-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Hey guys we are entering free agency in little over a month. What Free Agent would be at the top of your list the Giants to go after? Do not let money get in away. What guy would your drool over for.

My pick: OT Jake Long

I have no idea if he will resign with Miami or if they will Franchise him. This year the Franchise tag for OT would be 15 million. That's a lot of money to reserve a guy. If Reese would be able to get him here in NY he would solidify the line, open up holes for the running game and be a true leader in the locker room. Not to mention he is young enough that he could be a Giants for years to come protecting our best asset Eli.

So who is your top Free Agent Priority?

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey guys we are entering free agency in little over a month. What Free Agent would be at the top of your list the Giants to go after? Do not let money get in away. What guy would your drool over for.

I have no idea if he will resign with Miami or if they will Franchise him. This year the Franchise tag for OT would be 15 million. That's a lot of money to reserve a guy. If Reese would be able to get him here in NY he would solidify the line, open up holes for the running game and be a true leader in the locker room. Not to mention he is young enough that he could be a Giants for years to come protecting our best asset Eli.

I'd be happy if we resigned Beatty.

Drez
Hasn't Long's play fallen off a cliff the past couple years?

RoanokeFan
Will Beatty, Victor Cruz, Martellus Bennett

Drez
I'd be happy if we resigned Beatty.I concur. Or Cruz.

Morehead State
01-24-2013, 07:34 PM
I concur. Or Cruz.
I don't see any chance we don't sign Cruz (knock on wood)

I agree with RF with Beatty and Bennett.
I would just like to see some veteran depth in the O line.
We're not going to sign high impact free agents. We just need some signings for depth, not just in the O line, but in the defensive secondary as well. I'd like to see a veteran corner or two. Not big names, but competent players.

ozzie0075
01-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Hasn't Long's play fallen off a cliff the past couple years?

Yes his play has fallen off big time. There is no way Miami brings him back but someone will over pay for him. This draft is so deep at the OL positions there is no need for the Giants to pay what long will want.

Carter.525
01-24-2013, 07:45 PM

this.. and Loadholt or Vollmer to play RT

ShakeandBake
01-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Beatty is the #1 priority

tonyt830
01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
I'd be happy if we resigned Beatty.

Will Beatty, Victor Cruz, Martellus Bennettagree with both of you gents! The Giants are going to have their hands full with re-signing their own FAs. It will be interesting to see where we stand after FA and prior to the draft. There could be some tough cuts coming.

TheBookOfEli
01-24-2013, 09:16 PM
this.. and Loadholt or Vollmer to play RT

This. I want Loadholt as our RT next year.

Draft womack with the 19th and we have a solid Oline for next year.

tonyt830
01-24-2013, 09:25 PM
This. I want Loadholt as our RT next year.

Draft womack with the 19th and we have a solid Oline for next year.In your scenario, would you be putting Womack at LG and keep Boothe for depth. Or would you move Boothe to C?

I think the Giants may bring back Locklear at RT, and see if Brewer is ready to challenge that spot. Trust me that Bama O-line looked great this year with Fluker, Womack and Jones. And I would have no problem with Womack at 19. Something tells me though that Reese will be going to the defensive side of the ball with our 1st rd selection. Only time will tell.

GTGiantsFan
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Dolphins won't tag or sign Long I think so if he comes for good money him, or Loadholt.

I wouldn't mind an underrated CB either.

Drez
01-24-2013, 09:41 PM
In your scenario, would you be putting Womack at LG and keep Boothe for depth. Or would you move Boothe to C?

I think the Giants may bring back Locklear at RT, and see if Brewer is ready to challenge that spot. Trust me that Bama O-line looked great this year with Fluker, Womack and Jones. And I would have no problem with Womack at 19. Something tells me though that Reese will be going to the defensive side of the ball with our 1st rd selection. Only time will tell.In his scenario they might let Boothe walk. I fear Locklear may not be in the NFL next year. That injury looked nasty and he's getting on in years.

giants8493
01-24-2013, 11:02 PM
dwayne bowe

GTGiantsFan
01-24-2013, 11:03 PM
dwayne bowe
Overrated.

giantsfan420
01-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Overrated.id disagree. if anything id say hes underrated. he's had no one with any legitimate claim to being a starting qb throwing him the ball his entire stay at KC and he's still been a beast consistently. u put him on this offense, he'd be an absolute beast

GTGiantsFan
01-24-2013, 11:50 PM
id disagree. if anything id say hes underrated. he's had no one with any legitimate claim to being a starting qb throwing him the ball his entire stay at KC and he's still been a beast consistently. u put him on this offense, he'd be an absolute beast

We view a lot of things differently, the box score's show a lot of good stats and the fantasy points are there because of a lot of late scoring in garbage time. He drops a lot of balls and is responsible for interceptions. He'd be a good #2 but is too unreliable to be a #1. One of the most overrated players in the game.

gmen0820
01-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Definitely not the most, but a couple of guys that would be nice signings would be Leodis McKelvin and Kassim Osgood. Our STs have made strides, these two guys would just make them kick ***.

Wilson and Randle should have much larger roles in the offense next year, so they'll definitely be cutting back on STs.

TheBookOfEli
01-25-2013, 12:50 AM
In your scenario, would you be putting Womack at LG and keep Boothe for depth. Or would you move Boothe to C?

I think the Giants may bring back Locklear at RT, and see if Brewer is ready to challenge that spot. Trust me that Bama O-line looked great this year with Fluker, Womack and Jones. And I would have no problem with Womack at 19. Something tells me though that Reese will be going to the defensive side of the ball with our 1st rd selection. Only time will tell.

Having Boothe for depth would be great. My starting line would be Beatty, Womack, Bass, Snee, and Loadholt.

I doubt Locklear is coming back next year. If we do go Defense in round 1 i hope it's linebacker or DE.

Jppallday
01-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Sean Smith all day. I think he's a very good player and we could probably get him cheaper then what we are paying Webster. Make it happen JR

BigJ
01-25-2013, 02:24 AM
U guys all are looking to resign Giants...... Nobody wants a real cornerback or linebacker? Hahaha maybe a DT

Jppallday
01-25-2013, 02:35 AM
U guys all are looking to resign Giants...... Nobody wants a real cornerback or linebacker? Hahaha maybe a DT

....Sean Smith

giantscolombia
01-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Mr. Chad OchoCinco!!

TheShouldersOf
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Phil Loadholt for sure!

nhpgiantsfan
01-25-2013, 09:34 PM

and Kevin Boothe

CDN_G-FAN
01-25-2013, 10:05 PM

if they do nothing else but keep those three, i'll be stunned/thrilled.

if they keep boothe too, i'll throw a party for everyone in this thread.

uther99
01-25-2013, 10:16 PM
This makes sense, its a salary cap league, not everyone can be a star

Carter.525
01-25-2013, 10:16 PM
if they do nothing else but keep those three, i'll be stunned/thrilled.

if they keep boothe too, i'll throw a party for everyone in this thread.

whoo hoo..!!

nycsportzfan
01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
outside of some of our own guys, and thinking about our Cap situation, i woulden't mind if we could get Wallace Gilberry DE Bengals and i woulden't mind taking a shot on Derek Cox CB Jags.. Theres plenty of other guys out there, and for all i know, we can't afford these guys, but as far as possible affordable guys , these would be 2 that i'd be interested in..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-25-2013, 10:41 PM
outside of some of our own guys, and thinking about our Cap situation, i woulden't mind if we could get Wallace Gilberry DE Bengals and i woulden't mind taking a shot on Derek Cox CB Jags.. Theres plenty of other guys out there, and for all i know, we can't afford these guys, but as far as possible affordable guys , these would be 2 that i'd be interested in..

add phil dawson,,we need a kicker with a real leg.

hungrrrry
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM
outside of this organization I hope we bring in a young but veteran starting Olineman or MLB...not some scrub who is on and off due to injury.

inside we need to keep Beatty, Cruz and Bennett on tap...I think if we get a nice compliment at RT or guard our Oline will be inline to get our run and pass attack going again which means Cruz and Martellus will have fantastic seasons!

I could stand it if we re-signed Osi but not at the risk of bringing in great talent at MLB in FA...Osi is capable but I think Kiwi and Adrian tracy shift to fill that void and have great seasons as long as our defensive coordinator can make the pieces fit properly this time around! I still believe T'eo would suffice as a rookie!

Phillips seems to make this defense work the way it needs to but that is scary **** because he is often injured and not on the field...dammed if you do and dammed if you don't in this case...maybe Webster could be shifted to Safety AND take a pay cut.

FBomb
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM

THIS!!!!

Carter.525
01-26-2013, 12:06 PM
THIS!!!!

Stevie Brown..??

FBomb
01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Stevie Brown..??

HIM TOO!!!!

Giantslb66
01-26-2013, 04:22 PM
this.. and Loadholt or Vollmer to play RT 100% agree!!!!!!

TCHOF
01-26-2013, 05:01 PM
outside of this organization I hope we bring in a young but veteran starting Olineman or MLB...not some scrub who is on and off due to injury.

inside we need to keep Beatty, Cruz and Bennett on tap...I think if we get a nice compliment at RT or guard our Oline will be inline to get our run and pass attack going again which means Cruz and Martellus will have fantastic seasons!

I could stand it if we re-signed Osi but not at the risk of bringing in great talent at MLB in FA...Osi is capable but I think Kiwi and Adrian tracy shift to fill that void and have great seasons as long as our defensive coordinator can make the pieces fit properly this time around! I still believe T'eo would suffice as a rookie!

Phillips seems to make this defense work the way it needs to but that is scary **** because he is often injured and not on the field...dammed if you do and dammed if you don't in this case...maybe Webster could be shifted to Safety AND take a pay cut.

Where is all of the money for these signing going to come from?

hungrrrry
01-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Where is all of the money for these signing going to come from?pull it out of their ***...they need to figure it out...my job as a fan is not to worry about that, my job is to demand it

TCHOF
01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
pull it out of their ***...they need to figure it out...my job as a fan is not to worry about that, my job is to demand it

Why not just demand that they sign Jake Long and Loadholt, then trade for Revis and Patrick Willis then?

JJC7301
01-26-2013, 11:25 PM

Even if we had the cap space, JR is not going to spend primo money on a top LT like Long. He'll be looking for more unheralded players (and less expensive) like when he signed O'Hare. I'm not interested, anyway, in breaking the bank on FA's. If we were only a player away, then fine, but that may not be the case with this time. We'll see next season.

Flip Empty
01-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Even if we had the cap space, JR is not going to spend primo money on a top LT like Long. He'll be looking for more unheralded players (and less expensive) like when he signed O'Hare. I'm not interested, anyway, in breaking the bank on FA's. If we were only a player away, then fine, but that may not be the case with this time. We'll see next season.

Wasn't O'Hara an Accorsi signing? Reese broke the bank on Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty; he isn't afraid to dive head-first into the free agent pool.

Reese wouldn't pay top dollar for an OL simply because he doesn't appear to value the position too highly - who knows why. Reese inherited Accorsi's great o-line and has just let it die.

born blue
01-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Resign: Beatty, Boothe, Bennett, Stevie, Rivers, Cruz, Hixon, Cordle, Lumpkin, Tracy, Tryon, Tynes, Pascoe (done), Locklear, Barden

Don't Resign: Phillips, Witherspoon, Blackburn, Bernard, Rodgers, Osi, Carr, Beckum, Torain

Restructure or cut: Webster, Canty, Diehl, Tuck, Bradshaw

You know you aren't worth it, but you are married to the coach's daughter or are a prized FA signing, so please give up money: Snee, Bass

FA signing: Loadholt

Antwuan
01-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Resign: Beatty, Boothe, Bennett, Stevie, Rivers, Cruz, Hixon, Cordle, Lumpkin, Tracy, Tryon, Tynes, Pascoe (done), Locklear, Barden

Don't Resign: Phillips, Witherspoon, Blackburn, Bernard, Rodgers, Osi, Carr, Beckum, Torain

Restructure or cut: Webster, Canty, Diehl, Tuck, Bradshaw

You know you aren't worth it, but you are married to the coach's daughter or are a prized FA signing, so please give up money: Snee, Bass

FA signing: Loadholt

What about Andre Brown?

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-27-2013, 02:46 AM
phil dawson

Rat_bastich
01-27-2013, 02:53 AM
Wasn't O'Hara an Accorsi signing?

Yes he was.

NorwoodBlue
01-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Maybe it's time to stay out of the FA market for a year. At least, RFA. We 'd get a higher number of compensation draft picks, and maybe we'd find a gem in there somewhere. Then next year our salary cap situation might not suck as bad as it does right now. Our luck with FA hasn't been that good lately anyhow.