PDA

View Full Version : Giants add 3 new guys

egyptian420
01-25-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-add-three-to-reservefuture-list/3f1607f8-25aa-454f-89ca-93f889626e43

Anyone know anything about these guys?

slipknottin
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
The TE was really not productive in college at all, but had a pretty good pro day. That's probably what got him on a couple practice squads. Have not seen or heard anything since.

The corner I'm not sure why he is listed at 6'3. He is 6'. Ran sub 4.4 at his proday.

Funny thing about the corner is when the colts put DJ Johnson on the active roster from the practice squad they signed Jackson to replace him. If you remember the giants had DJ Johnson previously. Guess these two follow each other around

tdawg1413
01-25-2013, 01:42 PM
The TE was really not productive in college at all, but had a pretty good pro day. That's probably what got him on a couple practice squads. Have not seen or heard anything since.

The corner I'm not sure why he is listed at 6'3. He is 6'. Ran sub 4.4 at his proday.

Funny thing about the corner is when the colts put DJ Johnson on the active roster from the practice squad they signed Jackson to replace him. If you remember the giants had DJ Johnson previously. Guess these two follow each other around

Childers was a college QB until his Senior year I believe which may explain the lack of production. Never hurts to have an extra kicker around especially since Tynes is due a contract. Maybe this guy is insurance if he leaves. Also, a 6' CB who can run, why not.

Old Giant
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
If they are still looking at 6 ft CBs, what is his vertical leap. Can he outjump Dez?

slipknottin
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
If they are still looking at 6 ft CBs, what is his vertical leap. Can he outjump Dez?

He had a 40" vertical. Which is really impressive. But also has very little to do with his ability to high point and attack the ball

egyptian420
01-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info.....If just 1 one of these guys actually makes the team that would be great

giantsfan420
01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info.....If just 1 one of these guys actually makes the team that would be greatand to add, even if they're camp bodies but raise the level of play from the typical camp fodder, thats a win too. u want the absolute best you can get from top to bottom. competition in preseason functions is huge, helps the coaches evaluate the players with more accuracy...

Carter.525
01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info.....If just 1 one of these guys actually makes the team that would be great

I concur..

Redeyejedi
01-25-2013, 05:01 PM
He had a 40" vertical. Which is really impressive. But also has very little to do with his ability to high point and attack the ballYeah thats whats frustrating about Brandon Coleman the WR from Rutgers. Guy is a freak and is 6'6" but he has bad ball skills. He lets 5'9" corners make plays on the ball.If he can improve on that he would be a Top 10 pick

Rat_bastich
01-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Here is some stuff on Buddy Jackson:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/buddy-jackson-21/

Summary: Raw, athletic, experience on special teams.

Captain Chaos
01-26-2013, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the 411, I like the idea of an a athletic Corner thrown into the mix, will be keeping an eye on the secondary as they move forward into next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked a CB on the first day of the draft.