PDA

View Full Version : Troy Aikman Not Sure Coaching Changes Have Improved The Cowboys

RoanokeFan
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/troy-aikman-not-sure-if-coaching-changes-have-improved-the-cowboys.html/

Excerpt: "Former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman says he doesn’t think Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett is having much say in the changes that are occurring to his coaching staff. The Hall of Famer is also unsure if those changes are going to make much of a difference.

Aikman discussed how Garrett is dealing with those moves Thursday during an interview with The Musers on 1310 The Ticket [KTCK-AM]. The FOX NFL analyst said Garrett is simply handling the situation the way team owner and general manager Jerry Jones is telling him it should be handled.

“That’s essentially what happened, or at least that’s the way it looks,” Aikman said. “Jerry comes out and says there are going to be a lot of changes this off-season and everyone’s going to be uncomfortable, I didn’t hear a comment from Jason Garrett with regards to that. I didn’t hear him say that during his post-game press conference or postseason press conference.

“So yeah, it’s got the look and feel as though Jerry’s making these decisions and I don’t know that that’s necessarily good. When you’re making staff changes and whether Jason’s on board with that or not on board with that I really have no idea. I think the difficult things is that this was a team the last two years that played in the last game of the season and went into Week 17 with a chance to win a division. If they win the last game of the year, they win the division. I just wonder if they had won one or both of those games if we would be looking at this team differently. And I think that we would, even if they didn’t win in the postseason.” Read more...