PDA

View Full Version : Just a little Victor Cruz love

AceOspadZ4
12-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Love this kid. Met him at training camp before the season and he's such a humble young man who knows his place. He's got a good head on his shoulders. The type of player I'd root for even if he was on another team. It's funny, I always see exciting players like him and think,"why can't the giants have a player like that?" and now we do.

On another note, sad to see AP get hurt today. A guy I've met a couple times and he's one of the nicer guys you'll meet in this league, and one of the best players too. Hope he can come back healthy at some point next season.

Merry Christmas fellow giants fans!

Gmen2005
12-25-2011, 02:21 AM
Victor Cruz has shut me up. I thought he was a preseason star, but he has proven me wrong time and time again. The guy just plays football well.

GiantLegend
12-25-2011, 02:49 AM
He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me.

krygny
12-25-2011, 04:15 AM
The guy is wicked good. And he's not one of those arrogant big mouth *******s that so many wide receivers are. With all their trash talk, T.O. and Randy Moss will retire without rings and it's not that they didn't have their opportunities.

Despite the fact that Nicks has not played well the past few weeks, the Giants currently have THE two best WRs in their long history. I've been waiting all my life for the Giants to have a league-class passing game. I was getting a little tired of just being known as a rushing team only. That won't get you very far in the NFL today.

mcillo
12-25-2011, 04:49 AM
He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me. Yeah, I think it`s you cause the whole country is doing it.

redbeardxxv
12-25-2011, 05:06 AM
He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me.
I hate the Salsa too, but I love to see him doing it. His dancing mean 6 points..... I'll deal with it.

Bohemian
12-25-2011, 05:47 AM
I have to say that I am extremely excited about how he has stepped up and taken over the second option in the receivers crew, as I am still waiting for Manningham and the rest to show their potential. Cruz has been nothing short of amazing. I remember wanting to see him play after watching him play during the preseason.

About the salsa dance. I heard him say during an interview that he was doing it for his grandmother, and representing his Latin roots. And even though it is not the best salsa dance that I have ever seen, I have to say that Latinos like myself get a kick out of seeing him dance after a TD.

Feliz Navidad to all Giants fans out there.

yoeddy
12-25-2011, 07:53 AM

I'm not a big fan of the salsa celebration, but I am a fan that Cruz knows when to do it and when not to. Hate those guys who do their big celebration when the team is losing...

AceOspadZ4
12-25-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd rather see Cruz salsa than Jacobs "worldwide" dance. Actually as long as its a giant in the end zone I don't care

SweetZombieJesus
12-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Victor Cruz has shut me up. I thought he was a preseason star, but he has proven me wrong time and time again. The guy just plays football well.

I was a homer for him after that Jet game, I just saw unnatural, uncoachable talent. And he's exceeded what I could have imagined. Single season record as essentially a rookie... Makes Nicks look like Manningham (I think Nicks is kind of dispirited). Makes Manningham look like Jernighan.

AceOspadZ4
12-25-2011, 10:01 AM
I think Nicks is going through a rough stretch but he is the real deal. I feel like he's gotta stop thinking too much, you could see the one catch he had against revis he saw the ball and just went and got it.

Meanhothead
12-25-2011, 10:15 AM
I can't see Nicks having 3 bad games in a row

trenken311
12-25-2011, 10:24 AM
He's been awesome. And hes starting to make Nicks look really awful. First of all Nicks cant even catch a football anymore. Secondly, Eli doesnt trust him and is going to Cruz and Manningham (not yesterday of course) before Nicks, which he should.

At this point I think the order is Cruz, Ballard, Manningham................................... Nicks. He's the last guy I would throw that ball to right now.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2011, 10:27 AM
cruz is a beast! I knew he'd be a player in this league but never to this caliber. For me its great becasue being so close to UMASS(45minutes away from campus) and to have him play for the minutemen and now my giants is just fantastic! Way to go Victor! U are a beast even though u killed me in my fantasy championship yesterday...lol

Joe Morrison
12-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Cruz has the tools, now he just needs to get on the same page with Eli, that wheel route was there all day and Cruz misplayed it 3 times which would have been huge, if they work out the communication, watch out.</P>

Nicks pulled the same bull last year, temp. goes under 50 degress and he puts on a pair of ski gloves thay make my snowmobile gloves look small, man up Nicks, put on a real pair of football gloves and catch the damn ball.</P>

Barden, they were looking his way but he did not fight the fight for the ball, needs to toughen up and come back to the ball and box out the defender, once he learns that he will be consistent.</P>

Beckum, just a waste of a roster spot, can't block, so that means when he's in the game they know its a pass, line him up as a wide out and he can't get open, time to cut bait on him and move on.</P>

Other recievers that came in did absoulutely nothing, and Manningham will be gone next year because he can't stay healthy, so if he's looking for a pay day he will be moving on.</P>

GMEN need to find another wide out - another TE and please find someone who can make a big play in the return game, but for now we should beat the Cowboys and if that was a real defense yesterday maybe they make a run and get into the big show.</P>

Merry Christmas</P>

Bohemian
12-26-2011, 01:41 AM
I have to agree with your analysis of Beckum and Manningham, but I do see that Manningham can be a great third receiver when he is on his game. I would not get rid of Manningham if he was to sign for a reasonable amount, otherwise, he is definitely replaceable.

Nicks is a pro-bowl talent, but he just has to get over his current slump. Another wide out is never a bad idea, but I rather see that our Oline and LBs personnel get the reinforcements they deserve, and if Ballard is for real, then we can consider him to be the long term solution.

Cruz is absolutely fantastic, and the more experience he gets, the better he will become.

It will be interesting to see what the injured receivers will do next year to earn their spot in the depth chart. Barden, Hixon, Jernigan, and even Thomas should have quite the time trying to compete for that third and fourth receiver spots. Overall, I have to say that I like our situation with the receiver position, as our team has more depth than most, and things should improve as they get more experience.

giantsfan420
12-26-2011, 02:41 AM
i dont get how this kid went undrafted...WAY TO GO SCOUTS! there loss is our gain.

that said, he still has a lot of room for improvement, which is scary. he is amazing already, imagine him really working on his craft. i truly think he could be a top 3 wr. if he can work on his already uncanny ability to get open and be slippery, he could be a steve smith type route runner with the ability to take any catch to the house.

he's got a giant heart, he isnt the biggest or fastest, he just has amazing will. hopefully when he gets his deserved contract it doesnt mess with his head.

and nicks will be fine, every player goes thru a couple games where they dont play well.

Jiffy Jeff
12-26-2011, 09:32 AM
He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me. Yeah, I think it`s you cause the whole country is doing it.

I don't think the dance is a big hit in Philly, though.

jomo
12-26-2011, 09:47 AM
He'd lead the league in all categories if he held onto the ball more relaibly. Interestingly his drops are usually the easy one which means (to me) that it is just a lack of focus before the catch in preparation for making something happen post catch. He is a dynamic young talent and couldturn out to beone of the Giants' all time steals.