PDA

View Full Version : Eli is All Class

ozzie0075
01-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
Just watched Eli Manning discreetly give several hotel workers at Pro Bowl each $100 bills, calling them by their first names. That's class.

Rudyy
01-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Atta boy Elisha.

brad
01-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Wow, that's pretty awesome.

There are many that will say a lot of things about Eli... good and bad. But one thing you can't argue, the man is a class act off the field. Giving $100 bills meant very little to him, what impresses me more is that he knew the names of the workers. I would never pull that off!

Carter.525
01-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Eli is a good dude

Tuckit91
01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
Just watched Eli Manning discreetly give several hotel workers at Pro Bowl each $100 bills, calling them by their first names. That's class.

Was just about to post this....Class act need more people like that

Toadofsteel
01-26-2013, 01:07 AM
The thing is, I bet that this is something he was brought up to do. I've been to New Orleans before on some volunteer trips after Katrina happened, and a lot of folks down there are very generous people, regardless of skin color or income level. It's just something that's expected in New Orleans' culture. There was the simple fact that, after our church had linked up with a church down there and had just gotten that church back on its feet physically and financially after several years, they turned around and ask us if we needed any help... twice... after Irene and Sandy. Our building was on higher ground and didn't suffer any damage so we didn't need help, but the fact that we had received an email from them while the storm was still going on was tremendous.

It also explains why the city rallied hard around the team when the whole Bountygate thing happened. While I was on said trips, I heard plenty of first-hand accounts from people there of Saints players and other folks in the organization donating significant amounts of time during offseasons to the rebuilding effort. I'm not saying it excuses anyone for their on-field conduct, but it is perfectly understandable as to why the city would rush to their defense (had such a thing happened here, we would have downright crucified Tuck and Osi...)

Anyway, to me, it's no surprise that the three most truly generous (as in they will actually be generous just as they are, not to make a PR stunt) QBs in the NFL today are both Mannings and Drew Brees.

teaneck
01-26-2013, 01:09 AM
I love Eli.

Drez
01-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Wow, that's pretty awesome.

There are many that will say a lot of things about Eli... good and bad. But one thing you can't argue, the man is a class act off the field. Giving $100 bills meant very little to him, what impresses me more is that he knew the names of the workers. I would never pull that off!
Most workers in the hospitality industry wear name tags, lol.

Toadofsteel
01-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Most workers in the hospitality industry wear name tags, lol.

Still, most people (myself included) wouldn't think to greet them by name...

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-26-2013, 01:39 AM
lets trade the bum,,who does he think he is? :cool:

p.s. I work in the hospitality biz and it's amazing how many of these actors and athletes just don't have a clue,,never mind remembering peoples names. good for Easy.

Antwuan
01-26-2013, 03:39 AM
I Love Eli!

He Is A True Class Act.

GameTime
01-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Not surprised but good to hear....

Ruttiger711
01-26-2013, 09:12 AM
He should be using that money to clear cap space instead.

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-26-2013, 10:20 AM
And Jeff Darlington was inundated with negative posts after posting that. He seemed pretty disgusted by the negativity.

fizzlesticks
01-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Guy discretely does something probably because he doesn't want anyone to know........let me broadcast it to the entire world.

Roosevelt
01-26-2013, 03:42 PM
And Jeff Darlington was inundated with negative posts after posting that. He seemed pretty disgusted by the negativity.

Of course. Now all every hotel worker will be lined up at Eli's door.

BurnerNYG
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
When you do things in secret and you're genuine about it, that's how you get rewarded. Not to get all extra religious but it says that in the bible. When I went down to donate bone marrow to my sister I didn't broadcast it expecting a pat on the back, I did it because I want my sister to live.

Eli is a good guy, you can tell by how he carries himself. I like meeting people too and I try to treat all with respect until they cross me because you never know if you're gonna ever need that person again. That's good for Eli to still consider himself human instead of carrying that bigger than life God like syndrome(ego) that most millionaires do.

Delicreep
01-27-2013, 10:32 AM

If the story was how Eli* pulled orphans out of a burning building and then adopted all off them, the comments would be about 30% negative.

Seems like the nature of the internet.

* not an Eli observation, this is across the board

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-27-2013, 11:42 AM
If the story was how Eli* pulled orphans out of a burning building and then adopted all off them, the comments would be about 30% negative.

Seems like the nature of the internet.

* not an Eli observation, this is across the board

Yes, comments on the news stories demonstrate the worst of humanity - doesn't matter the topic of the news story.