PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Lattimore

teaneck
01-26-2013, 12:04 AM
If Lattimore is on the board during our 3rd round selection. I say we pick him up.

Worst case scenario he turns out to be another AB.

Best case scenario, he turns into the complimentary back with DW and AB, or trade-bait.

teaneck
01-26-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm probably going to get crucified for this post. I would go for this pick assuming we pick up Okafor in the 1st and Brown in the second.

My Mock would be

1st-Okafor
2nd- Arthur Brown
3rd- Marcus Lattimore

myles2424
01-26-2013, 12:39 AM
I was waiting for this thread...in a good way

JSpin
01-26-2013, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't touch him before the 5th. He's had multiple severe knee injuries so it's too risky.

teaneck
01-26-2013, 10:57 AM
It is no secret that Jerry Reese loves his projects. This could potentially be his best project because of the medium-risk high reward potential.

Heres a list of all the 3rd round picks under Reese.

2007-Jay Alford
2008-Mario Manningham
2009-Ramses Barden
2010-Chad Jones
2011-Jerrel Jerrinigan
2012-Jayron Hosley

Sooo... based on this track record. If Lattimore was available in the 3rd round. It would coincide with our past draft picks

TheEnigma
01-26-2013, 11:08 AM
A few RBs have seen their stock rise recently so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if other teams explore other options way before Lattimore at RB. Someone probably takes a chance on him in the late 4th to early 5th round range.

Redeyejedi
01-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Much higher than Medium risk that knee injury looked career finishing

Imgrate
01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Don't think its worth it to this team to take him in the 3rd. The reason you draft a rb in the first place is to get a guy with fresh legs because they typically don't last long. Lattimore is damaged goods at a the worst position possible to have accrued injuries at.

Carter.525
01-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Much higher than Medium risk that knee injury looked career finishing

yup.. that was a scary looking injury

teaneck
01-26-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't know if its the dislocated knee that I'm worried about. While it is a serious injury, it is a freak injury but recovery in most dislocated knees go well and the knees usually return to normal. While Lattimore may have the "damaged-goods" moniker attached to him, Adrian Peterson also had multiple ACL injuries in college. I'm not comparing the two players but rather their injuries.

I stand by my assertion that Lattimore would be a solid pick in the 3rd round. Bottom line, he will recover and he will play at one point. By taking him in the 3rd we could let him rest for a year and recover without having to pay him too much.

Imgrate
01-26-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't know if its the dislocated knee that I'm worried about. While it is a serious injury, it is a freak injury but recovery in most dislocated knees go well and the knees usually return to normal. While Lattimore may have the "damaged-goods" moniker attached to him, Adrian Peterson also had multiple ACL injuries in college. I'm not comparing the two players but rather their injuries. I stand by my assertion that Lattimore would be a solid pick in the 3rd round. Bottom line, he will recover and he will play at one point. By taking him in the 3rd we could let him rest for a year and recover without having to pay him too much.Ap did not have any acl injuries in college

teaneck
01-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I think that these type of players may lead to a rise in another aspect of the game that goes unnoticed.

Looking back at the Chargers in the 2011-2012 season, their o-line was constantly injured. That could be a result of poor coaching/conditioning.

Highly talented players with injuries may lead to a rise in teams amping up their physical therapy staff and injury recovery staff.

This is just a crazy thought I had when thinking about what could incentivize highly talented but injured UFAs going to specific teams.

teaneck
01-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Ap did not have any acl injuries in college

I'm sorry! I must have remembered incorrectly. I remember that during his draft class he did not go as high as he did because of his durability issues. Whatever that means.

Imgrate
01-26-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm sorry! I must have remembered incorrectly. I remember that during his draft class he did not go as high as he did because of his durability issues. Whatever that means.he had a broken shoulder.

myles2424
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Am I wrong or is jaqaun williams the only pick after the 4th to produce since after 2007? In the 4th id be with gambling on lattimore, hes a 1st round talent all day...

teaneck
01-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Yeah Williams is the only talent I can think of, obviously there is AB in 2006. but yeah 3rd-4th. I think the third in itself is a reach.

Cincy is thinking of taking him in the 1st.

tonyt830
01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
A couple years back before he tore his ACL, I was all aboard the Lattimore train as a potential future Giant. I was glad to see him comeback last season, but felt terrible for the kid when he dislocated his knee. I am no draft expert, but I dont think I would take a chance on him in the 3rd rd, maybe 4th or 5th rd.