PDA

View Full Version : OT James Brewer Reflects On The Season

RoanokeFan
01-26-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/OT-James-Brewer-reflects-on-the-season/45c4ad21-9321-402a-888a-73a3ad8b7e7b

"Q: What was the best team moment of the season?

Brewer: I wouldn’t say one game in particular. There are several games where I think we kind of made statements – Philadelphia to end the season, Green Bay, San Fran, New Orleans, Carolina. I think those were games we really showed people why we were world champions last year. I thought those games really defined the team that we wanted to be.

Q: What was your best individual play of the year?

Brewer: I would say against Carolina when it was really my first time getting out there during a regular-season game. We had some goal line plays and stuff and we scored on both of the goal line plays that we ran to my side. I think on the second one, they actually gave me some credit and stuff on a good block. So that was pretty cool. I got text messages about that. But then even though we didn’t do too well against Baltimore, but that was my birthday and I got in and was part of the last scoring drive that we had and that was legit going against starters to gain some game experience. I think I did very well, so I think that was big just to prove that I could do it and belong here.

Q: What is one play or game you could change?

Brewer: I think that’s a tough question because there are so many plays and games where if we would have done this or scored here and then it could change the entire outcome of our season. So there’s not one play in particular or one game in particular. If anything, if we would have won one more division game. If we would have beat Philly in the first meeting or Dallas in the first meeting, it could be a completely different conversation than we’re having right now.

Q: What are your plans or goals for the offseason?

Brewer: For me, a birthday gift I got was to go to Miami to see the Lakers play Miami. And the Lakers are my second favorite team next to the Pacers, so that’s pretty exciting. Other than that, I’ll be here training and getting better. "

NorwoodBlue
01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
I saw this, and I think people have written Brewer off; but, I think he still has the potential to be a good lineman. When he did finally get into a couple games this year, he played pretty well. I wouldn't be too awefully surprised to see him starting at RT next year.

TCHOF
01-26-2013, 06:42 PM
I saw this, and I think people have written Brewer off; but, I think he still has the potential to be a good lineman. When he did finally get into a couple games this year, he played pretty well. I wouldn't be too awefully surprised to see him starting at RT next year.

That is the armegeddon scenario for our team. He is terrible.

jomo
01-26-2013, 06:45 PM
That is the armegeddon scenario for our team. He is terrible.Next season we need better starters than we had this year AND we need better depth. If JR can pull that off, there is no room for Brewer.

DownWitJPP
01-26-2013, 06:45 PM
That is the armegeddon scenario for our team. He is terrible.

even worse was McCants...oh man was he bad in the pre-season. I thought Carr was gonna get killed lol . It's pretty bad that both Tackle prospects on the roster suck

drewz
01-26-2013, 07:01 PM
He's never had a chance to show constistency, because David Diehl has been the best tackle in Football

TCHOF
01-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Next season we need better starters than we had this year AND we need better depth. If JR can pull that off, there is no room for Brewer.

Completely agree

Sundown
01-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Funny how some are dissing brewer; at one time Beatty looked terrible too and look how that worked out. Give the kid a break as he learns and improves.

gmen0820
01-27-2013, 01:28 AM
I can't take this Teddy Bear seriously.

Captain Chaos
01-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Boothe and Beatty were the same way when they came here, good raw skills but had to work to develop their frames to compete at the pro level. The best case scenario is that he develops into a stud RT worst case we see the G'men draft an OT in the first or second round.

Toadofsteel
01-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Boothe and Beatty were the same way when they came here, good raw skills but had to work to develop their frames to compete at the pro level. The best case scenario is that he develops into a stud RT worst case we see the G'men draft an OT in the first or second round.

No, best case is OT in 1st or 2nd... because Brewer is so bad he can't even beat out Diehl... Beatty was just always injured, and Boothe was pretty much mediocre, not straight up BAD...

jomo
01-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Funny how some are dissing brewer; at one time Beatty looked terrible too and look how that worked out. Give the kid a break as he learns and improves.We should aspire to MUCH better than Beatty who has now progressed to being just an adequate NFL player when he's not injured............... which is often..

Sundown
01-27-2013, 11:06 AM
We should aspire to MUCH better than Beatty who has now progressed to being just an adequate NFL player when he's not injured............... which is often..

If I remember correctly Beatty was one of the better LT in the league. Not saying a stud but better than adequate. Some discount his play here.

NorwoodBlue
01-27-2013, 11:23 AM
No, best case is OT in 1st or 2nd... because Brewer is so bad he can't even beat out Diehl... Beatty was just always injured, and Boothe was pretty much mediocre, not straight up BAD...

To be fair, Locklear clearly beat out Diehl and TC still kept Diehl on the field. Expecting one of the younger players to actually get a fair chance to beat out Diehl was pretty unrealistic, it just wasn't going to happen under the Coughlin regime.

Brewer and Hosley need a chance to practice with the first team, and get the reps to develop. So far, I haven't heard anything of Diehl retiring, so I fully expect more of the same next season.

Beatty's eye injury in 2011 was pretty much a freak thing, and he did struggle a bit early with back spasms and lost some time; but, he was very steady once he got that situation under control.

Boothe may not be pro bowl material; but he isn't as bad as some people would like to believe.

I'm not opposed at all to drafting a top notch OT; but tackles in the first round often times don't live up to their hype. Let's just hope that JR and TC have been looking down the road and have a plan to fortify the line. The Diehl situation worries me. He's a salary cap nightmare, and he doesn't seem to be inclined to retire.

nycsportzfan
01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
James Brewer was the guy i wanted when our pick was up in rd 4 a couple yrs ago, and i woulden't be so quick to knock em, as we all knew it was gonna be a couple yrs before he was ready, as he had all the measurables, but needed to be coached up in technique, and now here we are, going into his 3rd yr, and i think the kids gotta a chance...