PDA

View Full Version : DE Justin Tuck Prepares For Next Season

RoanokeFan
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/DE-Justin-Tuck-prepares-for-next-season/7c9ab34e-985b-4bb1-af25-a4b8f3bf66c9

"Q: What was the best team moment of the season?

Tuck: Probably Green Bay. We were at home playing against the quality football team that they are and we just came out with a dominant win like that. Or maybe in San Fran. I would say either one of those two.

Q: What was your best individual play of the year?

Tuck: I don’t know, maybe the sace on RG III (Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III).

Q: What is one play or game you could change?

Tuck: There are so many I’m trying to narrow them down. A game I could have back, probably Washington in Washington. A play, I don’t know. I don’t know what play it would be. I have a few on my mind but I can’t narrow it down.

Q: What are your plans or goals for the offseason?

Tuck: Just work my butt off to become Justin Tuck of old. Do whatever I can do as a leader in a leadership role to prepare this team for a championship run next year. And get some rest and just come back knowing that regardless of what happened this year, we still have a very quality football team that could put it all together again next year and have an epic 2013. "

ny06
01-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Tuck needs to get back to what made him an all-pro. Because last season his play came off as he was satisfied with championships and the accolades.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dbuxz5.jpg

P_Simms_#11
01-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Too bad he didnt prepare for this season.

TCHOF
01-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Too bad he didnt prepare for this season.

And you know that how?

P_Simms_#11
01-28-2013, 05:24 PM
And you know that how?

If he did he apparently didn't do a very good job, or perhaps he thought he did. The results speak for themselves. He actually seemed more mentally unprepared than physically. I like Tuck, he seems like a good guy and he was a big part of 2 SB wins, but maybe its time to pack it in?

myles2424
01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
And you know that how?
If he has any heart & preprared the way youd expect a champion to prepare, then i guess he's just no good anymore...

nhpgiantsfan
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
And you know that how?

The problem is he talks like he can actually do something this offseason to bring back the old Tuck. So why didn't he do that last year. Is talking about how he is gonna work hard to get back to the old Tuck supposed to make us feel all fuzzy? Because it kind of pisses me off.

TCHOF
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
If he did he apparently didn't do a very good job, or perhaps he thought he did. The results speak for themselves. He actually seemed more mentally unprepared than physically. I like Tuck, he seems like a good guy and he was a big part of 2 SB wins, but maybe its time to pack it in?

So because he didn't have good results, that means that he didn't work hard in the offseason and/or was mentally unprepared?

TCHOF
01-28-2013, 05:47 PM
If he has any heart & preprared the way youd expect a champion to prepare, then i guess he's just no good anymore...

That's what I believe to be true . . . that his body will not stand up to the rigors of being an every down player any more. IMO the only way to improve his performance next year is to cut way down on his number of snaps.

ashleymarie
01-28-2013, 05:48 PM
The problem is he talks like he can actually do something this offseason to bring back the old Tuck. So why didn't he do that last year. Is talking about how he is gonna work hard to get back to the old Tuck supposed to make us feel all fuzzy? Because it kind of pisses me off.

+1

Rudyy
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
The problem is he talks like he can actually do something this offseason to bring back the old Tuck. So why didn't he do that last year. Is talking about how he is gonna work hard to get back to the old Tuck supposed to make us feel all fuzzy? Because it kind of pisses me off.+ a lot

rainierjef
01-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Lol smfh. I'll leave this one be

jomo
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Are we going to have to hear him say the same thing every week until the season begins?
He is on the record at least 3 times since the season ended telling his story of underperforming and what he plans for next year.. It is a tired story already and we have 7 months til camp begins ARGHHHHHHHH. Talk is cheap JT, get in the gym and shut the flap. IMHO

FBomb
01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
And you know that how?

Good lord.....I'm pretty sure he was trying to be funny with that statement. Not making the playoffs has sucked out all the humor from this board.

TCHOF
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Good lord.....I'm pretty sure he was trying to be funny with that statement. Not making the playoffs has sucked out all the humor from this board.

Sorry. I have only one requirement for funny statements . . . . that they actually be funny.

I get sort of sensitive about people questioning the heart of a guy who we basically owe two SB Championships to.

P_Simms_#11
01-28-2013, 08:43 PM

Thanks for your support. :)

P_Simms_#11
01-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Sorry. I have only one requirement for funny statements . . . . that they actually be funny.

I get sort of sensitive about people questioning the heart of a guy who we basically owe two SB Championships to.

Lighten up Francis. We're all disappointed.

ShakeandBake
01-28-2013, 08:56 PM

The guy has said on more than one occasion that he was contemplating retirement, its completely understandable if people are questioning his heart.

nhpgiantsfan
01-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Now he's the reason we won 2 SB's? Thats a bit of a stretch. He was a major force in SB42, but 46? Why because he got credited with a coverage safety? And a sack on the Pats last possession? He was good in the SB's but there are many players that contributed just as much.

Rudyy
01-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Why are people overly sensitive about Tuck all of a sudden? lol

ShakeandBake
01-28-2013, 09:04 PM

Its tiring hearing the same sad song from our so called leaders on this team, the frustration is understandable

GiantRoc
01-28-2013, 10:39 PM
I think it's mostly because we are human. We expect our guys to be better than the rest. We get upset when they admit to trying to get by without giving it their full effort. We don't like to find out our football heroes are human like all the rest of us. I personally hope Justin looked within, and can get back that monster he used to be.

B&RWarrior
01-28-2013, 11:32 PM
He needs to be in peak shape to regain his old form. The beauty of Strahan was he always came to camp ready to go to war. As Stray got older he adjusted his preparation based on the changes his body was undergoing. He dropped about 20-30 lbs to maintain his edge and durability for the entire season in his final years. Tuck may need to do the same.

Buddy333
01-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Every player on this team needs to get better and they have all said so but when Tuck says it he is just talking to much?

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Now he's the reason we won 2 SB's? Thats a bit of a stretch. He was a major force in SB42, but 46? Why because he got credited with a coverage safety? And a sack on the Pats last possession? He was good in the SB's but there are many players that contributed just as much.

Obviously, more than one person contributed to our SB victories, but do you think we win the last 2 SB's without Tuck? I say no.

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 07:36 AM
I think it's mostly because we are human. We expect our guys to be better than the rest. We get upset when they admit to trying to get by without giving it their full effort. We don't like to find out our football heroes are human like all the rest of us. I personally hope Justin looked within, and can get back that monster he used to be.

When did Tuck admit to trying to get by without giving it his full effort?

nhpgiantsfan
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Obviously, more than one person contributed to our SB victories, but do you think we win the last 2 SB's without Tuck? I say no.

SB46 absolutely still would've won. SB42, he was a real force, although it's hard to say we would've lost without him.

Buddy333
01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
SB46 absolutely still would've won. SB42, he was a real force, although it's hard to say we would've lost without him.How so? He was the best defensive player in both games against great offenses.

nhpgiantsfan
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
How so? He was the best defensive player in both games against great offenses.

He was the best defensive player in SB46? He got pushed into Brady causing an intentional grounding in the endzone, and got a big sack on the Pats last possession. There were a lot of huge plays in the SB. Chase Blackburn had a few big plays. JPP batted 2 balls and made a few big tackle's for losses. Even Aaron Ross made some big plays. And even with all of that, if Wes Welker makes that catch, there is a very good chance we don't win that game. Tuck certainly didn't win us the game in SB46.

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
How so? He was the best defensive player in both games against great offenses.

and in super tight games, where one play either way could have made the difference.

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 10:10 AM
He was the best defensive player in SB46? He got pushed into Brady causing an intentional grounding in the endzone, and got a big sack on the Pats last possession. There were a lot of huge plays in the SB. Chase Blackburn had a few big plays. JPP batted 2 balls and made a few big tackle's for losses. Even Aaron Ross made some big plays. And even with all of that, if Wes Welker makes that catch, there is a very good chance we don't win that game. Tuck certainly didn't win us the game in SB46.

There's a difference between saying he won the game for us and saying we probably wouldn't have won it without him.

As to SB46, we also probably don't get there without him.

We obviously have a difference of opinion on this. If you want bash the guy, continue on. Just find it real strange how fast people turn on a guy who was an important part (at the least) of a SB champion just last year. But to each his own I guess.

Buddy333
01-29-2013, 10:14 AM
He was the best defensive player in SB46? He got pushed into Brady causing an intentional grounding in the endzone, and got a big sack on the Pats last possession. There were a lot of huge plays in the SB. Chase Blackburn had a few big plays. JPP batted 2 balls and made a few big tackle's for losses. Even Aaron Ross made some big plays. And even with all of that, if Wes Welker makes that catch, there is a very good chance we don't win that game. Tuck certainly didn't win us the game in SB46.Lol. So now he was lucky to force that intentional grounding? Look, he has not played well the past two regular seasons but he was absolutely a force in the post season. You chose two plays that where extremely important plays to try and down play his game and also forget the rest of his game.

nhpgiantsfan
01-29-2013, 10:16 AM
There's a difference between saying he won the game for us and saying we probably wouldn't have won it without him.

As to SB46, we also probably don't get there without him.

We obviously have a difference of opinion on this. If you want bash the guy, continue on. Just find it real strange how fast people turn on a guy who was an important part (at the least) of a SB champion just last year. But to each his own I guess.

I'm not trying to bash him, He was one of my favorite players. I just don't want to hear how he thinks with the right preparation he can get back to old form.. If it's something he thinks he can controll than why didn't he do it last year. just tired of the talk out of him. Shut up and show us on the field.

VBGiantsFan
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Tuck and Osi have both slowed down. I don't think effort was the problem because Coughlin can get that out of anyone. They are at a position where small decreases in ability can have drastic effects to your on field performance. Not everyone is Strahan. Tuck has lost it physically and this season it seemed mentally too. Osi is showing he is losing it physically as well.

nhpgiantsfan
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
And by the way, a lot of guys that were important parts of SB's get bashed around here. See: Osi, Webster, Ross, Deihl, Manningham, Jacobs,

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm not trying to bash him, He was one of my favorite players. I just don't want to hear how he thinks with the right preparation he can get back to old form.. If it's something he thinks he can controll than why didn't he do it last year. just tired of the talk out of him. Shut up and show us on the field.

IMO the guy is obviously frustrated and just can't admit that his body won't stand up to being an every down player in the NFL anymore, so he keeps telling himself that if he just keeps working harder and harder he'll somehow find the fountain of youth. I actually feel bad for him.

I'd rather have him take the approach he's taking than to just give up and ride out the last year of his deal.

Rudyy
01-29-2013, 10:34 AM
IMO the guy is obviously frustrated and just can't admit that his body won't stand up to being an every down player in the NFL anymore, so he keeps telling himself that if he just keeps working harder and harder he'll somehow find the fountain of youth. I actually feel bad for him.I'd rather have him take the approach he's taking than to just give up and ride out the last year of his deal.Feeling bad and trying to find the fountain of youth doesnt help the defense out. Tuck is a good player, but I don't expect him to be the Tuck of old. I'm just going by from what I've seen.

nhpgiantsfan
01-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Lol. So now he was lucky to force that intentional grounding? Look, he has not played well the past two regular seasons but he was absolutely a force in the post season. You chose two plays that where extremely important plays to try and down play his game and also forget the rest of his game.

I never said he didn't play well, in the SB. I was simply stating that there were alot of players that stepped up. I refuse to give Tuck all the credit for the SB and I still think we could've won without him. That's all. I'm rooting for him. I want him to succeed. I just don't want to hear from him anymore. Just do what you have to do in the off season, and show us next year.

Buddy333
01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Never said he was the ONLY reason why they won either. Just that he was the best defensive player of that game. The entire team played well.

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Feeling bad and trying to find the fountain of youth doesnt help the defense out. Tuck is a good player, but I don't expect him to be the Tuck of old. I'm just going by from what I've seen.

Nor do I.

B-Red22
01-29-2013, 11:21 AM
And you know that how?

By watching him play

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
By watching him play

That's how you know that he didn't prepare last offseason . . . ok . . . . how can one argue with that?

FBomb
01-29-2013, 07:13 PM

Funny is subjective. I found it to be a humerous look back at Tuck's poor performance last season.

And "sensitive" is exactly what I was saying you are.

And Tuck gets credit for the SB wins as a TEAM win. Just like the entire team gets the credit for missing the playoffs last season.

I love Tuck and I appreciate what he has meant to this team and will where his jersey proudly.......but he's NOT the player he once was and he did not play well last season.

FBomb
01-29-2013, 07:17 PM

It was Tuck's turn

RoanokeFan
01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
It was Tuck's turn

+1 AND the Eli and Cruz doormats are being rewoven

FBomb
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Sigh.....I miss the good old days. Can someone bump an "Eli...elite?" thread?

RoanokeFan
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Sigh.....I miss the good old days. Can someone bump an "Eli...elite?" thread?

Oy

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Funny is subjective. I found it to be a humerous look back at Tuck's poor performance last season.

And "sensitive" is exactly what I was saying you are.

And Tuck gets credit for the SB wins as a TEAM win. Just like the entire team gets the credit for missing the playoffs last season.

I love Tuck and I appreciate what he has meant to this team and will where his jersey proudly.......but he's NOT the player he once was and he did not play well last season.

I completely agree with that statement, but am simply not willing to attribute his poor performance last year to a lack of heart, as so many on here are quick to do. In my opinion the guy's body is failing him . . . .

GiantRoc
01-30-2013, 12:44 AM
When did Tuck admit to trying to get by without giving it his full effort?

When he said he has to work his butt off to be the Justin Tuck of old. To me that says HE didn't think he worked hard enough the last couple years. It was not a slam on Tuck. I read it as he thinks he has to work even harder to be in the same place he was as a young Tuck. If you took that wrong, I apologize. You will rarely see me slam a player. I don't have the right.

myles2424
01-30-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm sick of hearing all these plans this guy has, just do it.....you've embarrassed yourself the past few years

giantsfan420
01-30-2013, 02:38 AM
well if theres one positive to this, this kind of mentality is infinitely better than the mentality tuck had after the first matchup vs rgknee