PDA

View Full Version : Thomas to Safety?!?!?!

KillaRich
01-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Giants DB Terrell Thomas (torn ACL) will begin running next week. "Everything has been progressing smoothly as I begin to add more weight and lunges to my routine," Thomas said via his personal blog. Thomas had his ACL in his right knee surgically-repaired for the third time in his career in mid-September. If he returns to the Giants in 2013, GM Jerry Reese suggests Thomas could move to safety to take some pressure off his knees.

Hope not...sounds like KP is gone if true

VBGiantsFan
01-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Giants DB Terrell Thomas (torn ACL) will begin running next week. "Everything has been progressing smoothly as I begin to add more weight and lunges to my routine," Thomas said via his personal blog. Thomas had his ACL in his right knee surgically-repaired for the third time in his career in mid-September. If he returns to the Giants in 2013, GM Jerry Reese suggests Thomas could move to safety to take some pressure off his knees.

With Will Hill and Stevie Brown, I don't think KP is going to be part of the Giants picture anymore and TT is not just going to transition to that spot. He will most likely get cut by the Giants. Hill especially has a similar build at 6'1" around 210 and KP being 6'2" around 210. HIll needs experience and Brown can take his position as the 3rd safety.

Having an extra safety would also be beneficial dealing with the pistol IMO trying to contain these fast QBs now. The only concern is our horrendous run defense taking a LB off the field. We need some more beef up front.

Buddy333
01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Don't like the idea of relying on a guy that tore his ACL 3 times. Hope he can though.

nhpgiantsfan
01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Give him an invite to camp with a CHANCE to make the team. Don't cound on him to be a vital part though.

TCHOF
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Give him an invite to camp with a CHANCE to make the team. Don't cound on him to be a vital part though.

+1

Gotta love the guy's heart, but it would be foolhardy to rely on him to be any sort of contributor next year. If he makes a miracle comeback, then that's just gravy.

slipknottin
01-29-2013, 10:33 AM
TT was playing some safety back before he got injured. It's a more natural fit for him with how physical he is. He could be the giants version of Charles Woodson. Great in the box

He will be released then resigned.

Carter.525
01-29-2013, 10:54 AM
3rd saftey role is whats best for TT..

Kruunch
01-29-2013, 11:07 AM

Actually makes sense ... he was at his best when playing the Free Safety type of position as CB (e.g center field in a C3 look).

And he's solid in run support and would allow the Giants to comfortably run the Nickle D more effectively.

wuzpapn
01-29-2013, 11:08 AM
T2 has sadly become the new Bob Sanders in the league. I feel for the guy. Hard to rely on someone that has a gumby knee at this point.

Cloud57
01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Give him an invite to camp with a CHANCE to make the team. Don't cound on him to be a vital part though.I'm sure he will perform well in camp and then probably get injured in the first game of the season

jomo
01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
This is one of those long shots that't I'd love to see work out but fear it won't. TT is a great kid and a class act.
We just can't bank on any of it working out. If it happens on the cheap, great. We need to prepare like it won't happen.

Redeyejedi
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm sure he will perform well in camp and then probably get injured in the first game of the season Which will be worse because we will release or IR a CB that could of helped

GiantRoc
01-29-2013, 03:46 PM
If he shows he has the most talent, and looks like he will hold up, you have to give the guy a shot. Its a gamble any way you look at it. If he plays well and gets cut due to fear of injury, it hurts the team. If he plays well for an opponent, it hurts even more. If you keep him and and he gets hurt, it hurts them team. Welcome to the world of a GM in the NFL. You either make the right move or the wrong move. The hell of it is, they both can be the same move.

VBGiantsFan
01-29-2013, 04:07 PM
If I'm TT, I have Corey Webster's spot in mind instead of trying my hand at a position currently occupied by Rolle, KP, Brown, and Hill. Webster is the most primed to lose his position after one of the most abysmal seasons a CB has ever had.

slipknottin
01-29-2013, 05:25 PM
If I'm TT, I have Corey Webster's spot in mind instead of trying my hand at a position currently occupied by Rolle, KP, Brown, and Hill. Webster is the most primed to lose his position after one of the most abysmal seasons a CB has ever had.

are we kidding? Webster wasent even close to being the worst CB in the league, especially for one who spent a lot of time shadowing the top WR of the other team.

And we forget about T2s struggles as a CB

gmenfan0488
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
are we kidding? Webster wasent even close to being the worst CB in the league, especially for one who spent a lot of time shadowing the top WR of the other team.

And we forget about T2s struggles as a CB

Disagree here. Corey was awful this year, got burned consistently. TT was great uin 2009 and 2010 before getting injured, he was a pro bowl snub in 2010. If he stayed healthy, he'd easily be our starter

slipknottin
01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Disagree here. Corey was awful this year, got burned consistently. TT was great uin 2009 and 2010 before getting injured, he was a pro bowl snub in 2010. If he stayed healthy, he'd easily be our starter

T2 was like 2nd in the league in catches allowed in 2010.

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Disagree here. Corey was awful this year, got burned consistently. TT was great uin 2009 and 2010 before getting injured, he was a pro bowl snub in 2010. If he stayed healthy, he'd easily be our starter T2 was never a great corner and that's a fact...he was a good tackler and good in run support..that's it. he got burned deep consistently and never attacks the ball when its in the air. receivers always out jumped him for the ball

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-30-2013, 01:40 AM
TT was playing some safety back before he got injured. It's a more natural fit for him with how physical he is. He could be the giants version of Charles Woodson. Great in the box

He will be released then resigned.

we all ready have a safety who is great in the box.

Captain Chaos
01-30-2013, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately TT is likely done, we need to get an impact CB in the Draft!

Kruunch
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM

Watch more than the highlights.

rebelfan1966
01-30-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm sure he will perform well in camp and then probably get injured in the first game of the season

You read my mind...

Drez
01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
T2 was like 2nd in the league in catches allowed in 2010.IIRC he was 2nd in yards allowed and 1st in TDs, or the other way around. Either way, it wasn't good.

Drez
01-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Watch more than the highlights.Webster definitely had a horrible year, but he wasn't nearly as horrible as most would make you think. It's like people think he played like the Ravens game all season. Hell, there were a few plays there that he had great coverage but Flacco put the ball on a dime where Webster couldn't make a play. And even on a bunch more in that game he had decent coverage but just didn't locate/make a play on the ball.

Hopefully he'll return to form next season.

FrankAE
01-31-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm sure he will perform well in camp and then probably get injured in the first game of the season

That's a crappy thing to say

egyptian420
01-31-2013, 01:07 PM
Love the heart he has but I really don't see much in his future unfortunately