PDA

View Full Version : 49ers' Frank Gore On NFC Championship Loss To Giants: "We Were The Better Team"

RoanokeFan
01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/49ers-frank-gore-on-nfc-championship-loss-to-new-york-giants-we-were-the-better-team/

Since 2007, the New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) have never won a game. At least not if you were to ask their opponents, who all claim they were the "better team" and the Giants either got lucky or some other nonsensical excuse. And that line of thinking continued on Monday as San Francisco 49ers (http://www.giants101.com/tag/san-francisco-49ers/) running back Frank Gore (http://www.giants101.com/tag/frank-gore/) recalled the NFC Championship game from a year ago, claiming the 49ers were the "better team," but just didn't finish.

"Knowing we were the better team. We didnít finish," Gore said on Monday. "The Giants won the game. It was tough. It was real tough. I had a chance to go to the Pro Bowl and I couldnít even go because I was so hurt. Knowing that we were the better team, but we didnít finish. They won and they moved on.Ē

The Giants, of course, were the better team a year ago and went on to win Super Bowl XLVI. They were also the better team in week six of this season when they demolished the 49ers 26-3." Read more...

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/49ers-frank-gore-on-nfc-championship-loss-to-new-york-giants-we-were-the-better-team/

Since 2007, the New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) have never won a game. At least not if you were to ask their opponents, who all claim they were the "better team" and the Giants either got lucky or some other nonsensical excuse. And that line of thinking continued on Monday as San Francisco 49ers (http://www.giants101.com/tag/san-francisco-49ers/) running back Frank Gore (http://www.giants101.com/tag/frank-gore/) recalled the NFC Championship game from a year ago, claiming the 49ers were the "better team," but just didn't finish.

"Knowing we were the better team. We didnít finish," Gore said on Monday. "The Giants won the game. It was tough. It was real tough. I had a chance to go to the Pro Bowl and I couldnít even go because I was so hurt. Knowing that we were the better team, but we didnít finish. They won and they moved on.Ē

The Giants, of course, were the better team a year ago and went on to win Super Bowl XLVI. They were also the better team in week six of this season when they demolished the 49ers 26-3." Read more...

Before everyone starts calling Gore all kinds of names...its no big deal. Its good to think that yours was the better team.
It must be a tough pills to swallow to have those 2 Kyle Williams plays cost you the game.

Rudyy
01-29-2013, 01:38 PM
That's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

RoanokeFan
01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Q@$%*(^%&%^$^#*%%)_(*&)&&%^%#!#*&^%%%%

So there

Mercury
01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Good, maybe if we meet them next year, it will inspire our team once more to put up a shallacking on them.

shane4177
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
They are in the SB......why is he bringing up last years NFC title game loss? He needs to get over the fact that we were the hot team, and we outplayed them, plain and simple.

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
They are in the SB......why is he bringing up last years NFC title game loss? He needs to get over the fact that we were the hot team, and we outplayed them, plain and simple.
Not sure I would say that we outplayed them really. If the ball doesn't bounce off the kids leg we lose that game.

ryan12
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM

agreed

shocknaweny
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Frank Gore should be worried about Ray Lewis and the Holoti Ngata not last seasons NFCC game

Buddy333
01-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Eh, doesn't mean anything but now I really do care who wins. Go Ravens.

BlueBlooded1979
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Not sure I would say that we outplayed them really. If the ball doesn't bounce off the kids leg we lose that game.

That is pure speculation and plenty of evidence supports the fact that Eli probably would have scored on them again. Given the time left in the game we may have not even needed overtime to end their season.

Frank Gore can go suck rope. Virtually the same two teams, except our FAs they rushed to sign, met again in 2012 and they got smacked around.

wuzpapn
01-29-2013, 02:12 PM
They were the better team this year, too, scoring a scorchering 3 points.

Cloud57
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
It's things like these which makes me say "Go Ravens!"

Antwuan
01-29-2013, 02:40 PM
The better won the game and it was the Giants.

Kruunch
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd more readily admit to losing to a superior team than an inferior one.

But whatever gets him through the night.

P.S. - What was his excuse when we kicked their asses this year?

drewz
01-29-2013, 02:46 PM

Actually this year he made an excuse after the game saying they abandoned the run to early.. LOL

this guy is a whiner, the 49ers didn't convert a single 3rd down till garbage time when we were heading for OT, they were NOT the better team that year.

JPP
01-29-2013, 02:59 PM

They still had to drive the field and Smith had not played inspired football up to that point. Our defence had a few busted plays on Davis and that is the only reason they were even in the game offensively so I think you can argue either way.

ny06
01-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Oh stfu Gore and get ready for the Ravens.

rebelfan1966
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Knowing that.... why even play the game? We could just have a panel of experts pick the better teams, then decide who should be in the playoff, and who is the best two playoff teams, then who should win the SB..... this way no players get injured. Gore is a friggin genious.

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 03:18 PM
That is pure speculation and plenty of evidence supports the fact that Eli probably would have scored on them again. Given the time left in the game we may have not even needed overtime to end their season.

Frank Gore can go suck rope. Virtually the same two teams, except our FAs they rushed to sign, met again in 2012 and they got smacked around.
Are you saying he stopped trying once we were tied but if we were behind he would have tried harder?
I'm not sure what you are saying here. I'm sure we would have scored again if we could to avoid overtime.

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 03:20 PM

Well they are in the SB and we are sitting at home.
They are the better team this year. Despite the results of the game we played against them this year.

rebelfan1966
01-29-2013, 03:21 PM
In light of this startling new information, I think the Giants should immediately give last years championship to the 49ers.

rebelfan1966
01-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Along the same line of thinking, the Packers were clearly the better team in 07, we should hand that trophy back to them for that season.

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
In light of this startling new information, I think the Giants should immediately give last years championship to the 49ers.
This is a tad snippy.....Don't you think?
Its tough to lose a game when you had two late turnovers as the difference, especially when one was purely flukish.
I have no problem with a competitor having a hard time forgetting it. These guys go through a lot to get to where we and the Niners were last season.
I have no problem with this kind of statement at all.

You guys are too sensetive.

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Along the same line of thinking, the Packers were clearly the better team in 07, we should hand that trophy back to them for that season.
I guarantee you, when we lost to the Rams in the Flipper Anderson game, there wasn't a player in that lockerroom who didn't think they were the better team on the field...and still lost.

GiantRoc
01-29-2013, 03:28 PM

So there

After this... What else is there to say. HAHAHA

BlueJayC
01-29-2013, 03:31 PM
I actually like Gore and he's entitled to his opinion but to say that is just ignorant especially after getting spanked at home......again........but that's the mentality to have......you should believe your the best and play like it.

Not sure which game I enjoy watching more the NFCCG or the SB both still get me nervous (not sure why) and give me the chills.

GiantRoc
01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
They are the better team this year. Despite the results of the game we played against them this year.

They may not be better, but they won when they had to. We did not. You play to win the Championship for the year. Doesn't always mean you are the best team.

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 03:38 PM
They may not be better, but they won when they had to. We did not. You play to win the Championship for the year. Doesn't always mean you are the best team.
It takes an entire season to determine who's better, not one game. If not, last year Rex Grossman and the Skins would have been better than us.

Spytheweb
01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
49ers had a better record, they had home field. The better team does not always win. The team who plays the best, does!

Kruunch
01-29-2013, 04:29 PM

No ... they are the team with the better record.

There is a world of difference between the two.

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 04:31 PM
No ... they are the team with the better record.

There is a world of difference between the two.
How how do you determine who the "better team" is?

shane4177
01-29-2013, 04:31 PM

I think we won the game regardless.......the better team did win last year, US! Morehead do you enjoy being the Anti-Giants fan.......kinda like the anti-hero?

pathas
01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
I think we won the game regardless.......the better team did win last year, US! Morehead do you enjoy being the Anti-Giants fan.......kinda like the anti-hero?

Morehead needs to go back to giving morehead to frank gore

SimmsandLT
01-29-2013, 05:07 PM

And we were the better team last year.

gumby74
01-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Uhm. I think we need to define what a "better" team is. In my mind, "better" means that if you play each other - say 100 times, who would win the majority of them.

So in SB 42, we were the better team that day, but the Pats were the better team. Period.

But i don't htink SF was better last year.

wuzpapn
01-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Uhm. I think we need to define what a "better" team is. In my mind, "better" means that if you play each other - say 100 times, who would win the majority of them.

So in SB 42, we were the better team that day, but the Pats were the better team. Period.

But i don't htink SF was better last year.
I see where you're coming from, but don't exactly agree with it. I think the playoffs to the superbowl is the ultimate test of teams as a whole. The playoffs are meant to skim the surface of the league and put the top teams in a bracket. We earned, and deserved that 4-0 sweep all the way through. Yes Patriots had the better record/stats, etc. But if you look at the big picture at the end of the season, the Giants were most definitely the best team in the league and could of beat anyone at that point.

Cloud57
01-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Not surprised he's on this list

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1130834-nfl-draft-2012-the-5-best-and-the-5-worst-wonderlic-scores-in-nfl-history/page/10

slipknottin
01-29-2013, 05:57 PM

How do the giants lose that game? Apart from two blown coverages the 49ers had absolutely no offense that entire game, how were they going to score?

JesseJames
01-29-2013, 06:01 PM
I've been reading these same statements by players after a loss ever since I've been following football, "they didn't beat us we beat ourselves", that same statement could apply to every game if you think about it

Morehead State
01-29-2013, 06:02 PM
And we were the better team last year.
I never said we weren't.
I'm only saying that I can understand the statement. And that these kinds of sentiments don't bother me at all. I have fealt it many times in games that we lost.
Were we a better team than Washington in both those losses in 2011? Yes. They just beat us those two days.

I don't know why some of you guys are so sensitive. Like its some kind of personal insult.

joemorrisforprez
01-29-2013, 06:55 PM

Just one more reason I'm going to be rooting against the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

GiantRoc
01-29-2013, 07:21 PM
It takes an entire season to determine who's better, not one game. If not, last year Rex Grossman and the Skins would have been better than us.

Winning when you have to, does not mean winning one game. There are times however, that a game has more impact on a season. We had such games. We lost most of those games. We we're 9-7 last year and we were the Champions because we won "when we had to". Were we the "best" team last year? It is debatable. The fact that we were Champions is not.

Drez
01-29-2013, 07:31 PM
And if the queen had balls she'd be the king. Kyle Williams' mistakes means that the Niners WERE NOT the better team along with a score of other things, like them being 1-13 on third downs and only completing 1 pass to a WR all game long.

Drez
01-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Its tough to lose a game when you had two late turnovers as the difference, especially when one was purely flukish.
I have no problem with a competitor having a hard time forgetting it. These guys go through a lot to get to where we and the Niners were last season.

You guys are too sensetive.The first turnover was in the first half. And again, if they were the better team they would have made the plays necessary to win a close game. They didn't so they weren't.

FBomb
01-29-2013, 07:48 PM
The scoreboard tells the tale.

pathas
01-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Winning when you have to, does not mean winning one game. There are times however, that a game has more impact on a season. We had such games. We lost most of those games. We we're 9-7 last year and we were the Champions because we won "when we had to". Were we the "best" team last year? It is debatable. The fact that we were Champions is not.

the "best" team is the Champion.

rationalize it all you want but that is the way it is.

sharick88
01-29-2013, 08:51 PM

I laugh at all of these players that say stuff like this after they lose. I also laugh at fans making a ginormous deal out of what he said. Regardless of which team was better or not, I only know what the scoreboard tells me.

foosball
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
That's cool the Giants were the better team this year when they kicked the 49ers ***.

Cool Papa B.
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM

That NFCCG was a a very tough, hardnose defensive battle. Neither teams defense was going to allow their team to lose the game.....not on their watch. You knew- at least I did anyway-that the game was going to be decided on a turnover. With the field and weather conditions, and the teams having no margin for error, the players & coaches have to press into there heads to protect the football. That's part of the game too.

And the 49ers were very ****y too. I think they thought that they would walk right over the Giants. They underestimated them.

Delicreep
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM

Too sensitive? Maybe people are.

What seems much, much more likely is that your ridiculous position, designed solely to get the results you have, is 100% without any trace of merit.

Let's pretend that the second fumble never happened, and that Williams was tackled on that spot: Tell the class the results of every 49 drive in the forth quarter. How many were 3 and outs (hint...it rhymes with "ball but bun")

Total yards in the second half?
Passing yards?
Running yards?

How about this one: a roughing the passer call against the giants gave the niners more yards than they had passing in the 4th!!

Don't know what game Gore or you watched, but he one I watched had the Giants D (that you routinely credit and rightfully so) absolutely took complete control of that game in the second half and the niners could do nothing about it.

But somehow, in Gore's mind (and yours) the niners were A-OK.

Maybe they were resting?

Worst.
Post.
Ever.

Cool Papa B.
01-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Actually this year he made an excuse after the game saying they abandoned the run to early.. LOL

this guy is a whiner, the 49ers didn't convert a single 3rd down till garbage time when we were heading for OT, they were NOT the better team that year.

^this.....

And it's not like they blew out the Giants in the reg. season match up either. In fact most of the Giants were hoping they meet them again.

pathas
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
well said deli. I don't think we're being too sensitive by simply pointing out Gore's mis-rememberance. After all - this is the GIANTS message board.

Gmen2005
01-29-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm surprised he's talking about it still. He's got a great chance to get a ring himself.

Delicreep
01-29-2013, 09:21 PM
well said deli. I don't think we're being too sensitive by simply pointing out Gore's mis-rememberance. After all - this is the GIANTS message board.

Maybe it was Gore's 12 total yards in the 4th that made him so sure they could score at will.

Again...roughing the passer call greater than Gore's output.

pathas
01-29-2013, 09:37 PM
it amazes me the things people remember on this board. nice job again deli. Gore's a fn crybaby.

miked1958
01-29-2013, 10:10 PM
The three teams in question here all had one thing in common. They were all arrogant. They were up on the mountain thinking their was no way anyone could knock them off seeing they were so far superior then everyone else. An when they were finally knocked off the mountain they had to much pride to admit they were beaten by the better team. So they just made lundry lists of excuses

GentleGiant
01-29-2013, 10:49 PM
You can't say this anymore. If you were the better team then that 3-28 shutout I saw never happend?

Better team means everyone does their part(including the PR). You lost, therefore you were the lesser team. Get over it.

Redeyejedi
01-29-2013, 11:16 PM
I see where you're coming from, but don't exactly agree with it. I think the playoffs to the superbowl is the ultimate test of teams as a whole. The playoffs are meant to skim the surface of the league and put the top teams in a bracket. We earned, and deserved that 4-0 sweep all the way through. Yes Patriots had the better record/stats, etc. But if you look at the big picture at the end of the season, the Giants were most definitely the best team in the league and could of beat anyone at that point.Pats won 1 game over a team with a Winning record that season

GiantRoc
01-30-2013, 12:23 AM
the "best" team is the Champion.

rationalize it all you want but that is the way it is.

I did not rationalize. Good, better, best. It is arguable. That's the fun of being a fan. Last year we were the champions. And I could not have been happier.

rebelfan1966
01-30-2013, 09:54 AM

I don't think it is any more snippy than someone saying "we were the better team but lost". True, they had a couple of mishaps in the game, but on the same token, if Gore had played a little harder and scored one more time during the game, then he would not be making such a disrespectful comment about the Giants. I can live with comments like "They were the better team on the field today" or "They played harder than we did today" or "They wanted it more than we did today"..... but to say we have a better team reaps of sour grapes.

embeshAtYa
01-30-2013, 09:57 AM

So there

I think so!! also ~~``~~&))(-

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't think it is any more snippy than someone saying "we were the better team but lost". True, they had a couple of mishaps in the game, but on the same token, if Gore had played a little harder and scored one more time during the game, then he would not be making such a disrespectful comment about the Giants. I can live with comments like "They were the better team on the field today" or "They played harder than we did today" or "They wanted it more than we did today"..... but to say we have a better team reaps of sour grapes.
So when we got beat in the Flipper Anderson game you thought that the Rams were a better team. If so...you are the only Giants fan in America who did.
We beat them all over the field but because of a fluke int. and TD return at the end of the half and a horrific PI call in OT, among other things, we got beat. That was one of the best Giants teams of all time. But sometimes the ball bounces the other way.

My point is that its just human nature, when you lose a very tough and important game when two turnovers in the second half (one was just a freak bounce off the kids leg) to think that you should have won the game and that your team was better. I'm not saying that we didn't win the game fair and square or that they were better than us. I'm saying I understand a player thinking that.

Again, this kind of comment only bugs you guys when its against us. Lets see the next time we lose a tough game to a team we hate and one of our players says that we are a better team. We'll see how consistent you all are then.

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Lets remove the 49ers two mental blunders, the fumbles.

Then equally, lets remove the giants two blunders, the two blown coverages.

Final score, giants 10, 49ers 3.

Or are we just going to say the 49ers deserved to play perfect but the giants didn't?

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 10:15 AM

Or are we just going to say the 49ers deserved to play perfect but the giants didn't?

I'm not saying he's right. I'm saying that I understand why a player would think or say it.
As a matter of fact, its pretty normal with competitive players.

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
So when we got beat in the Flipper Anderson game you thought that the Rams were a better team. If so...you are the only Giants fan in America who did.
We beat them all over the field but because of a fluke int. and TD return at the end of the half and a horrific PI call in OT, among other things, we got beat. That was one of the best Giants teams of all time. But sometimes the ball bounces the other way.

My point is that its just human nature, when you lose a very tough and important game when two turnovers in the second half (one was just a freak bounce off the kids leg) to think that you should have won the game and that your team was better. I'm not saying that we didn't win the game fair and square or that they were better than us. I'm saying I understand a player thinking that.

Again, this kind of comment only bugs you guys when its against us. Lets see the next time we lose a tough game to a team we hate and one of our players says that we are a better team. We'll see how consistent you all are then.

Since when does being consistent go hand in hand with being a fan? ... not to mention anytime a Giant player "talks" there is literally 100 posts to "just shut up and play"

Its easy to point to a freak bounce, but it cant be correlated to THE reason we won that game. The play made by the Giants to knock the ball loose is when there was already a fumble on a nearly identical play EARLIER in the game is the reason.

Human nature doesnt mean its not stupid.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Since when does being consistent go hand in hand with being a fan? ... not to mention anytime a Giant player "talks" there is literally 100 posts to "just shut up and play"

Its easy to point to a freak bounce, but it cant be correlated to THE reason we won that game. The play made by the Giants to knock the ball loose is when there was already a fumble on a nearly identical play EARLIER in the game is the reason.

Human nature doesnt mean its not stupid.

If you read his comment you will see that he blamed himself and his team for not finishing. I just don't know why this comment upsets you guys.

Let me ask you this......when Rex Grossman beat us last year....did you think the Skins were a better team than us?

And I love your comment about fans. You point seems to be that we accept that fans are idiots and why should we be blamed for taking idiotic positions.
Good one.

Marvelousmik
01-30-2013, 10:28 AM

+1

This is the main point i always try to make when someone says a team got lucky or gave the game away because of 1 play. I was one of the few people who thought the seahawks deserved to the beat the packers earlier in the season. many looked at he last play of the game and felt like the packers got robbed. but if you watch the game closely, the packers got a way with 3 bad calls (2 of them were pass interferences that the refs missed.) on that same drive

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 10:30 AM
If you read his comment you will see that he blamed himself and his team for not finishing. I just don't know why this comment upsets you guys.

Let me ask you this......when Rex Grossman beat us last year....did you think the Skins were a better team than us?

And I love your comment about fans. You point seems to be that we accept that fans are idiots and why should we be blamed for taking idiotic positions.
Good one.

Way to close your eyes and run with that one... and also call anyone who doesn't hold your same position an idiot.

We as fans are naturally biased and will point out the faulty logic made by others teams players - you can brush off Gore's sour grapes a human natures but fail to do the same for the fans. Seems like the most "sensitive" one in all this is Gore.

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm sure Gore has plenty of confidence in himself and his team

But they weren't the better team in the playoffs. Then they spent all offseason talking about how hey we're the better team only to get absolutely stomped by the giants again.

Giants have been clearly the better team the last two matchups.

Lets not forget the third meeting the giants were inside the ten and would have won had they scored a Td at the end of the game. I'll give that game to the 49ers but that was not a convincing win for them.

How many times do the giants need to beat them for gore to stop saying they are the better team? Right now it's best of 3 with the giants winning 2-1. Should we go best of 5? Best of 7?

Or do we keep going forever until gore retires or gets cut?

bigblue58
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Before everyone starts calling Gore all kinds of names...its no big deal. Its good to think that yours was the better team.
It must be a tough pills to swallow to have those 2 Kyle Williams plays cost you the game.

When did it become "good" to be a sore loser?
Funny...back when we beat the Cowgirls in the Divisional round, I don't recall anyone here being this diplomatic towards Wade Phillips when he whined after the game that.... "the better team lost"!
For him not to acknowledge the big sp teams turnover the Giants got or compliment Eli for how tough he was that day is totally bush.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm sure Gore has plenty of confidence in himself and his team

But they weren't the better team in the playoffs. Then they spent all offseason talking about how hey we're the better team only to get absolutely stomped by the giants again.

Giants have been clearly the better team the last two matchups.

Lets not forget the third meeting the giants were inside the ten and would have won had they scored a Td at the end of the game. I'll give that game to the 49ers but that was not a convincing win for them.

How many times do the giants need to beat them for gore to stop saying they are the better team? Right now it's best of 3 with the giants winning 2-1. Should we go best of 5? Best of 7?

Or do we keep going forever until gore retires or gets cut?

That's fine but do you blame him for thinking that HIS TEAM, the team that was 13-3, including beating us, was better. To me its human nature. Especially the way they lost, in OT with two late turnovers (one being a fluke)

My only point is that its just no big deal for him to think this or say it. Why you guys care is beyond me.

Again...there were plenty of games where we lost and I still thought we were the better team. I'm sure we can all say that. If you don't accept that you are just in denial.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
When did it become "good" to be a sore loser?
Funny...back when we beat the Cowgirls in the Divisional round, I don't recall anyone here being this diplomatic towards Wade Phillips when he whined after the game that.... "the better team lost"!
For him not to acknowledge the big sp teams turnover the Giants got or compliment Eli for how tough he was that day is totally bush.
I admit that I hated those comments because his implication was that the Giants were undeserving. At least that's the way it felt to me. I don't get that from Gore at all. He admitted that they "couldn't finish".
Seems to me Gore was holding his own team accountable for the loss.

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Saying they were the better team that year or the better team that game are very different things.
Redskins were the better team both time they played the giants that year, but certainly weren't the better team that season

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Saying they were the better team that year or the better team that game are very different things.
Redskins were the better team both time they played the giants that year, but certainly weren't the better team that season
Glad to see you coming over to my argument.

He never said "we were better that day". He never said that "they didn't deserve to win". He never said "they were lucky"
He said that they believed that they were the better team and they "didn't finish". At least not in the quote cited in this thread.
When we lost to the Skins I'm sure every player on our team thought that we were the better team and didn't play well enough to win.

Again...this is no big deal at all. That's why I posted so early in the thread. I predicted the overreaction of posters to this. It doesn't take much of a sophisticated mind to understand the context of these remarks.
But still.....Here we are......

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm still not agreeing with you because it's still a stupid comment for him to make. To be the better team you have to beat them when it matters most. They didn't. Giants were absolutely the better team.

They talked up all offseason about how the giants didn't deserve to beat them. Then the giants pounded them again. They need to shut up about it. They lost twice and sound like babies

TCHOF
01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm still not agreeing with you because it's still a stupid comment for him to make. To be the better team you have to beat them when it matters most. They didn't. Giants were absolutely the better team.

They talked up all offseason about how the giants didn't deserve to beat them. Then the giants pounded them again. They need to shut up about it. They lost twice and sound like babies
+1

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 12:10 PM

They did? I never saw any of that. Do you have a link where a Niner says that the Giants didn't deserve that win?

But we are talking about these specific comments made by Frank Gore. To me, (even by the standards you described a few posts ago) they were no big deal.
And to your point about this season. They are in the SB and we didn't make the playoffs. They went into Atlanta and beat them when we lost 34-0 to the same team.
You know how these things go. Team A beat's team B. Team C beats team A and team B beats team C. Its the NFL.
We won the championship game last season and deserved the win. I don't see anything that Gore is saying that disputes that. He just believed that they were a better team. And should have won the game if they "finished".

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 12:18 PM
They did? I never saw any of that. Do you have a link where a Niner says that the Giants didn't deserve that win?

But we are talking about these specific comments made by Frank Gore. To me, (even by the standards you described a few posts ago) they were no big deal.
And to your point about this season. They are in the SB and we didn't make the playoffs. They went into Atlanta and beat them when we lost 34-0 to the same team.
You know how these things go. Team A beat's team B. Team C beats team A and team B beats team C. Its the NFL.
We won the championship game last season and deserved the win. I don't see anything that Gore is saying that disputes that. He just believed that they were a better team. And should have won the game if they "finished".

Isnt that it in a nutshell? The better team DOES finish.

Gore (and you to some extent) is equating a better regular season record with being a better team during a post season matchup.

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
And now Kyle Williams is mouthing off that the giants should have been investigated for saying they wanted to hit him. What a bunch of crybabies.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Isnt that it in a nutshell? The better team DOES finish.

Gore (and you to some extent) is equating a better regular season record with being a better team during a post season matchup.
Again...that's fine. I don't disagree at all.
BUT
It doesn't bother me that a player on the losing team thinks otherwise. Its just an expression of frustration. He's not attacking our team or the legitimacy of our championship.
Its a pure knee jerk reaction for Giants fans to get all huffy over comments like this. Its as predictable as the sunrise. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have some posters not react like a bunch of Pavlovian dogs? And actually take a breath and understand the context of the comments.

I guess I'm just a naive dreamer. But I happen to think that Giants fans are a cut above.

Laurah1275
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Giants and 49ers. Two exceptional teams, no matter what, but, according to recent history, NY Giants are the better team. If 9ers can prove different, bring it! Until then, let's go Big Bl....er...Go Ravens!

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Giants and 49ers. Two exceptional teams, no matter what, but, according to recent history, NY Giants are the better team. If 9ers can prove different, bring it! Until then, let's go Big Bl....er...Go Ravens!
No..We were the better team last season. They are in the SB and we didn't make the playoffs.
This year..they are better.

Toadofsteel
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Again...that's fine. I don't disagree at all.
BUT
It doesn't bother me that a player on the losing team thinks otherwise. Its just an expression of frustration. He's not attacking our team or the legitimacy of our championship.
Its a pure knee jerk reaction for Giants fans to get all huffy over comments like this. Its as predictable as the sunrise. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have some posters not react like a bunch of Pavlovian dogs? And actually take a breath and understand the context of the comments.

I guess I'm just a naive dreamer. But I happen to think that Giants fans are a cut above.

It's not knee-jerk. By him saying they were (meaning 2011-2012 season specifically) the better team, they're saying that the Giants had no business being in the Super Bowl to begin with.

On the other hand I can easily agree they are the better team this season... however, last year, WE were the better team. Not them.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
It's not knee-jerk. By him saying they were (meaning 2011-2012 season specifically) the better team, they're saying that the Giants had no business being in the Super Bowl to begin with.

On the other hand I can easily agree they are the better team this season... however, last year, WE were the better team. Not them.
That's not what it means at all. That is a huge leap from those comments.
Saying that you think you're a better team doesn't it any way suggest that the opponent who beat you didn't deserve the win.

If you choose to interpret those comments in that way, there is no reasoning with you.

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/30/san-francisco-49ers-kyle-williams-shocked-nfl-didnt-investigate-giants-after-nfc-championship/

Excerpt: "The 2011-2012 season has already been written in the history books. The New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants reigned as world champions, and did so by first defeating the San Francisco (http://www.giants101.com/tag/san-francisco/) 49ers in the NFC Championship game and then the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.

2012-2013 brought about a new season, and both the Giants and Patriots had let go of the previous year. However, despite being in Super Bowl XLVII, the 49ers have not.

Since arriving in New Orleans earlier this week, they've done more talking about Big Blue than they have the Baltimore Ravens. And admittedly, a large part of that has to do with the questions they're asked by the hoards of media, but they've clung to that 20-17 overtime loss since the very moment it happened. Even after signing Mario Manningham (http://www.giants101.com/tag/mario-manningham/) and Brandon Jacobs in free agency, the team refused to acknowledge or discuss that game.

Already this week Manningham and running back Frank Gore (http://www.giants101.com/tag/frank-gore/) have talked about the Giants and last season (http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/30/former-new-york-giants-wr-mario-manningham-is-tired-of-talking-about-super-bowl-xlvi-catch/). Gore expressed an incredible amount of bitterness (http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/49ers-frank-gore-on-nfc-championship-loss-to-new-york-giants-we-were-the-better-team/), and that trend continued on Wednesday when the media met with wide receiver Kyle Williams (http://www.giants101.com/tag/kyle-williams/).

Williams, as you might remember, fumbled twice in the NFC Championship game – his second leading to the game-winning field goal in overtime. Following the contest, Williams received death threats from 49ers fans, and it was later revealed that the Giants may have been targeting his head as he had a history of recent concussions.

Looking back on it now -a moment Williams considered one of the worst in his professional career- he remains "shocked" the NFL didn't investigate the Giants for what he considered equally as bad as the New Orleans Saints' bounty program.

"The only thing that was crazy to me was that nothing came of it. That was the only thing. Because I fully expected it to because of what just had happened with the Saints," Williams said. "When that came out I was like, ‘Oh, OK there’ll be the same type of thing.’ But there was nothing. I don’t know if that was because (the Giants) won it, or if it just wasn’t a big deal. But I just thought it would be exactly the same type of thing." Read more...

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 01:39 PM
This is really getting weird now.

Toadofsteel
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbcWBrlm_VW7xuzx-Of5avD1XqMob50eo8AE6UvbCkIO5ku-CFFA

this is just making me want to root for the ravens more to be completely honest...

TheEnigma
01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Teams tailoring a gameplan around your weaknesses? NO WAI

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/30/san-francisco-49ers-kyle-williams-shocked-nfl-didnt-investigate-giants-after-nfc-championship/

Excerpt: "The 2011-2012 season has already been written in the history books. The New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants reigned as world champions, and did so by first defeating the San Francisco (http://www.giants101.com/tag/san-francisco/) 49ers in the NFC Championship game and then the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.

2012-2013 brought about a new season, and both the Giants and Patriots had let go of the previous year. However, despite being in Super Bowl XLVII, the 49ers have not.

Since arriving in New Orleans earlier this week, they've done more talking about Big Blue than they have the Baltimore Ravens. And admittedly, a large part of that has to do with the questions they're asked by the hoards of media, but they've clung to that 20-17 overtime loss since the very moment it happened. Even after signing Mario Manningham (http://www.giants101.com/tag/mario-manningham/) and Brandon Jacobs in free agency, the team refused to acknowledge or discuss that game.

Already this week Manningham and running back Frank Gore (http://www.giants101.com/tag/frank-gore/) have talked about the Giants and last season (http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/30/former-new-york-giants-wr-mario-manningham-is-tired-of-talking-about-super-bowl-xlvi-catch/). Gore expressed an incredible amount of bitterness (http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/29/49ers-frank-gore-on-nfc-championship-loss-to-new-york-giants-we-were-the-better-team/), and that trend continued on Wednesday when the media met with wide receiver Kyle Williams (http://www.giants101.com/tag/kyle-williams/).

Williams, as you might remember, fumbled twice in the NFC Championship game Ė his second leading to the game-winning field goal in overtime. Following the contest, Williams received death threats from 49ers fans, and it was later revealed that the Giants may have been targeting his head as he had a history of recent concussions.

Looking back on it now -a moment Williams considered one of the worst in his professional career- he remains "shocked" the NFL didn't investigate the Giants for what he considered equally as bad as the New Orleans Saints' bounty program.

"The only thing that was crazy to me was that nothing came of it. That was the only thing. Because I fully expected it to because of what just had happened with the Saints," Williams said. "When that came out I was like, ĎOh, OK thereíll be the same type of thing.í But there was nothing. I donít know if that was because (the Giants) won it, or if it just wasnít a big deal. But I just thought it would be exactly the same type of thing." Read more...

THIS comment....IS pathetic.

MustWarnOthers
01-30-2013, 01:52 PM
There's a difference between:

1. Deliberately targeting an injury on opposing players and attempting to make it worse or end their career.

2. Knowing a player is putting himself in the game in a degraded state and playing tough, hard hitting football in general to wear him out.

If a player is questionable/borderline for gametime, no matter the injury, the other team is going to look for weaknesses and target you. Why is this a surprise? This isn't a bounty scandal. This isn't coaches telling their players to deliberately injure a player. It's a player that's less than 100% deciding to play and getting the pressure put on him for being the weak link.

Rudyy
01-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Butthurtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
THIS comment....IS pathetic.

Truly

Kruunch
So he fumbled after we hit him in the head?

Oh wait ... we didn't hit him in the head ... he just had butter fingers.

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww138/maestor_2009/butthurt.png

TheEnigma
The Giants should be stripped of the 2011 Superbowl Championship, lose their next 5 1st rounders, and be suspended from ever making the playoffs as long as the Harbaugh family exists.

MustWarnOthers
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
I hope the Karma Train comes chugging into the station on Sunday, and Kyle Williams muffs at least one.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Truly
I have a feeling that even Niners fans find this ridiculous.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
I hope the Karma Train comes chugging into the station on Sunday, and Kyle Williams muffs at least one.
That's the irony here....He's on IR.

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 01:58 PM
I have a feeling that even Niners fans find this ridiculous.

I just don't understand why this is even a discussion point for them. Could it be something Manningham or Jacobs has said to them? It just seems so odd to me.

Here's what he said then:

"Williams, returning kicks in place of the injured Ted Ginn Jr., muffed one punt early in the fourth quarter to set up a go-ahead touchdown for New York, then was stripped by Jacquian Williams in overtime to give the Giants the ball at the 24.

“You hate to be the last guy that had the ball, to give it away in that fashion and to lose a game of this magnitude,” Williams said. “It is what it is. We’re going to move forward as a team. Everyone has come to pat me on the back and the shoulder to say it’s not me.”

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
In other news, the NFL formally launched an investigation on who Kyle Williams is.

Rusty192
01-30-2013, 02:00 PM
In other news, the NFL formally launched an investigation on who Kyle Williams is.lmfao

Sundown
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
This has officially given me a reason to root for a team in this SB; **** the 40 whiners!!

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
This has officially given me a reason to root for a team in this SB; **** the 40 whiners!!

I have to agree

Toadofsteel
01-30-2013, 02:18 PM
That's the irony here....He's on IR.

Yup... I believe he tore the ACL in the same knee that punt bounced off of... if so, then Weatherford is secretly a Jujitsu master.

Mercury
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
I think he is referring to some comments made after that game by our defense "targetting" him and taking it out of context to mean like the Saints did bounty-wise.

sharick88
01-30-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm shocked that the 49ers can't shut the **** up about the Giants

Harooni
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
i was a little surprised that they didnt investigate our fake injuries. but this is new , i dont see how he was proof of any kind just speculation.

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
lol this goes on all the way down to pewee football....if your opponent shows a weakness you attack it. The difference is the Giants did not pay their players to injure you. Damn these FORTY WHINERS are really starting to piss me off.

rebelfan1966
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
I wish Patrick Willis played for us....

egyptian420
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
And I'm "shocked" they are still bitter about us beating them. You would've thought if they had any doubt about who's better, us owning them this year would have settled that....

rebelfan1966
01-30-2013, 03:06 PM

In the case of the Giants/49ers game, I think both teams matched up well across the board. We won by playing hard. Lucky breaks happen in a lot of games and sometimes teams make their own luck.... sometimes teams that should win just lay an egg.... like we did when we allowed the Eagles to come from a huge deficit in the second half and beat us a couple of years ago. We could have said we were the better team..... but the truth of the matter is they wanted it more than we did and they played a full 60 minutes. Shame on us.... not them.

ImElectric2
01-30-2013, 03:15 PM
What the hell man. Teams lose. They lost a hard faught battle. It was a great game for both teams; win or lose. I said that during the 4th quarter of that game and stand by it. I'm pleased with the outcome, of course, but accept the loss and move on. This is why I will do something I.vowed to never ever in my life do....root for Baltimore to win a Super Bowl.

giantsfan420
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Saying that you think you're a better team doesn't it any way suggest that the opponent who beat you didn't deserve the win.

If you choose to interpret those comments in that way, there is no reasoning with you.while i agree t is a big leap from those comments, toads point still kinda does make sense. if hes saying that they were the better team and remarking about it like the rest of the 9ers seem to be doing, one could easily (and correctly imo) infer that hes saying the better team didnt make it to the SB and thus, an undeserving team made it over them, a deserving team...
i agree more with ur sentiment im just saying i could see toads point

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
i was a little surprised that they didnt investigate our fake injuries. but this is new , i dont see how he was proof of any kind just speculation.

You mean in the Seattle game?

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 03:36 PM
while i agree t is a big leap from those comments, toads point still kinda does make sense. if hes saying that they were the better team and remarking about it like the rest of the 9ers seem to be doing, one could easily (and correctly imo) infer that hes saying the better team didnt make it to the SB and thus, an undeserving team made it over them, a deserving team...

Makes me also wonder if he is just echoing what Harbaugh is yapping behind the scenes.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 03:47 PM
In other news, the NFL formally launched an investigation on who Kyle Williams is.
I must always give credit when a poster makes me laugh.
This one was damned funny.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 03:57 PM
while i agree t is a big leap from those comments, toads point still kinda does make sense. if hes saying that they were the better team and remarking about it like the rest of the 9ers seem to be doing, one could easily (and correctly imo) infer that hes saying the better team didnt make it to the SB and thus, an undeserving team made it over them, a deserving team...
I have no reason to believe that Frank Gore is suggesting that we didn't deserve the win. We won the game...period.
What I gather from those comments is that he thinks that if they played the way they're capable, they would have won the game. To me, any other interpretation is a major reach.

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
I must always give credit when a poster makes me laugh.
This one was damned funny.

Every once in a while :)

ny06
01-30-2013, 04:14 PM
The media might as well have asked the ball boys the same question, for they have as much as an importance on the 49ers team as Williams does.

Drez
01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
i was a little surprised that they didnt investigate our fake injuries. but this is new , i dont see how he was proof of any kind just speculation.Devon Thomas, among others, said that they knew that Williams had a history of concussions and that if they were able to hit him hard a few times it might rattle him (as he'd be concerned about getting another concussion) and make him lose focus.

Honestly, I thought I did read something about the NFL reviewing the game tape and clearing of us from any wrong doing (no head shots, no after the business shots, etc.)

Whatever. It's just another whiny Niner *****.

Drez
01-30-2013, 04:25 PM
You mean in the Seattle game?St. Louis.

giantsfan420
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
I have no reason to believe that Frank Gore is suggesting that we didn't deserve the win. We won the game...period.
What I gather from those comments is that he thinks that if they played the way they're capable, they would have won the game. To me, any other interpretation is a major reach.well i dunno his exact wording. and dont get me wrong, i understand what ur saying. im just saying it isnt a major reach IMO if gore said they were the better team. if they were the better team, then the team that made it was not as deserving as the team that should have been there "bc theyre better"...really tho, i could care less. no words can change history.

giantsfan420
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Makes me also wonder if he is just echoing what Harbaugh is yapping behind the scenes.def. woyld not surprise me in the least

Rusty192
01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
St. Louis.Correct.

Ruttiger711
01-30-2013, 04:49 PM
St. Louis.

ummm yes... thats what I meant ... even worse is i was actually at "flop-gate" and got it wrong.

Marvelousmik
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
This is really getting weird now.

Go ravens?

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Go ravens?

+1

Rusty192
01-30-2013, 04:59 PM
ummm yes... thats what I meant ... even worse is i was actually at "flop-gate" and got it wrong.That game was also famous for Boley nailing that guy with the ball after he scored the TD lol

r1000
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
That game was also famous for Boley nailing that guy with the ball after he scored the TD lol

bwahahaha... oh yea.. that THING IS HILARIOUS to watch!!!!!

thomasjmarino
01-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Just another reason why I can't stand Harbaugh.
But, on the bright side, I'm glad to see his team is becoming what he is.
A whining crybaby.

BJacobs aka The Problem
01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Don't these guys have an important game they need to prepare for this Sunday? I mean, it's probably the media stirring all of this up, but these guys seem content talking about the Giants more than the team they're facing in the Superbowl.

Toadofsteel
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
And I'm "shocked" they are still bitter about us beating them. You would've thought if they had any doubt about who's better, us owning them this year would have settled that....

I have a feeling this is why they stuck with Humperdinck (or whatever his name is)... they're trying to play the one style of offense that gives the Giants fits.

Okay, i'm taking off the tinfoil hat now...

Toadofsteel
01-30-2013, 06:33 PM

If you choose to interpret those comments in that way, there is no reasoning with you.

If they don't believe that they should have gone to the SB last year over the Giants, why are they so butthurt about it now when they have another super bowl right in front of them? They shouldn't even be thinking about the Giants at all at this point... in 2012 the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders while the Giants didn't even crack the playoffs. Does that mean I think the Giants deserved to be in this year's SB even though we smacked the bejesus out of them when we visited the Stick? Not at all. Niners deserve the shot they have in front of them.

The bottom line according to my logic: There is no such thing as an "undeserving world champion". I may hate having to hear about the Cowboys 90s dynasty, but they won all those lombardis fair and square. Only exception is when someone cheats to win said championship, like Belicheck.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Just another reason why I can't stand Harbaugh.
But, on the bright side, I'm glad to see his team is becoming what he is.
A whining crybaby.
They've also become......a team with a great defense, outstanding O line, dynamic running backs and an explosive young QB, with a coach that does nothing but win and is in the Superbowl.
Don't kid yourself, they, along with every 49rs fan in America, are very happy about what they've become.

Morehead State
01-30-2013, 06:39 PM
If they don't believe that they should have gone to the SB last year over the Giants, why are they so butthurt about it now when they have another super bowl right in front of them? They shouldn't even be thinking about the Giants at all at this point... in 2012 the 49ers are Super Bowl contenders while the Giants didn't even crack the playoffs. Does that mean I think the Giants deserved to be in this year's SB even though we smacked the bejesus out of them when we visited the Stick? Not at all. Niners deserve the shot they have in front of them.

The bottom line according to my logic: There is no such thing as an "undeserving world champion". I may hate having to hear about the Cowboys 90s dynasty, but they won all those lombardis fair and square. Only exception is when someone cheats to win said championship, like Belicheck.

Where did he say the Giants were undeserving? You are filling in blanks to fit some alternate reality. And I have no idea why you need to do that.

And talking about being "butthurt" I'm still lamenting over our getting crush by the Rams, week 14, 1970 where we had a chance to win the division.

P_Simms_#11
01-30-2013, 07:16 PM
I have a feeling this is why they stuck with Humperdinck (or whatever his name is)... they're trying to play the one style of offense that gives the Giants fits.

Okay, i'm taking off the tinfoil hat now...

Humperdinck. :D

GiantWarfare
01-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Lets go Ravens...

repeatchamps
01-30-2013, 07:25 PM
They've also become......a team with a great defense, outstanding O line, dynamic running backs and an explosive young QB, with a coach that does nothing but win and is in the Superbowl.
Don't kid yourself, they, along with every 49rs fan in America, are very happy about what they've become.

Lol, the organization has 5 Super Bowl titles. When they lose to the Ravens Sunday, what will be so special about this version of them other than a team that has had just 2 straight winning seasons in like over a decade but no new Super Bowl trophies and will have to contend with an arguably as good or better Seahawks team the 49ers can't seem to beat for many more years to come as well as a Rams team they can't beat that may not be better but matches up perfectly with the 49ers. They now will be considered a bunch of cry babies on top of all of this. Not so rosey after all.

Cool Papa B.
01-30-2013, 07:27 PM
I find it very interesting that the 49er players are still talking about that game. Here they are in the Super Bowl; 60 minutes from the Lombardi trophy and they're still talking about that game. They are immature soar losers who IMO don't know how to handle being in the lime light.

Redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
The 49ers must think crying about last years championship game will overturn the Super Bowl

Gmen2005
01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
jeese...when will it stop...

Redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
I hope the Ravens blow them out

Pksoze
01-30-2013, 09:13 PM
I really wanted to see the Ravens lose because of SB XXXV. But the 49ers team, coach, and their fanbase are very obnoxious. Wow does this SB suck. Only thing worse would be something like Eagles vs Jets.

OX1
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
I really wanted to see the Ravens lose because of SB XXXV. But the 49ers team, coach, and their fanbase are very obnoxious. Wow does this SB suck. Only thing worse would be something like Eagles vs Jets.

Amen, it better be an outstanding game, or it is getting turned off.
The only thing remotely attractive about it, is it's the last football game this year to watch.

pathas
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Where did he say the Giants were undeserving? You are filling in blanks to fit some alternate reality. And I have no idea why you need to do that.

And talking about being "butthurt" I'm still lamenting over our getting crush by the Rams, week 14, 1970 where we had a chance to win the division.

sigh -- the game in which I put my fist through the wall next to me while watching Bobby Duhon let the opening kickoff of the second half go through his outstretched hands and into the endzone where a Ram pounced on it to make the score Rams 7 Giants 3. We lost that game 31-3. I watched none of the second half since my mom had banished me.

thomasjmarino
01-30-2013, 09:50 PM

You may be right.....for now.
But if they lose the SB, they'll be gone.
Whining crybabies don't last very long in this league.

thomasjmarino
01-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Lol, the organization has 5 Super Bowl titles. When they lose to the Ravens Sunday, what will be so special about this version of them other than a team that has had just 2 straight winning seasons in like over a decade but no new Super Bowl trophies and will have to contend with an arguably as good or better Seahawks team the 49ers can't seem to beat for many more years to come as well as a Rams team they can't beat that may not be better but matches up perfectly with the 49ers. They now will be considered a bunch of cry babies on top of all of this. Not so rosey after all.

Like I said.
Lose on Sunday and Bye Bye!!!!

thomasjmarino
01-30-2013, 09:53 PM
I find it very interesting that the 49er players are still talking about that game. Here they are in the Super Bowl; 60 minutes from the Lombardi trophy and they're still talking about that game. They are immature soar losers who IMO don't know how to handle being in the lime light.

Well put, my friend.
Let's hope they keep focusing on the Giants.

embeshAtYa
01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
they made a mistake. lost. period. I dont remember seeing anything that showed they were doing anything to win the game either. Eli got blasted over and over and hung in there. Thats a champion. If they were so bitter and angered over this talkin all this crap why did they let us go into san fran this year and dominate them. Shut the ____up san fran!!!

chuckedafter5yards
01-30-2013, 10:13 PM
In the 2 games the Giants last year Gore had something like 40 yards on 20 carries, completely ineffective.

thomasjmarino
01-30-2013, 10:16 PM
they made a mistake. lost. period. I dont remember seeing anything that showed they were doing anything to win the game either. Eli got blasted over and over and hung in there. Thats a champion. If they were so bitter and angered over this talkin all this crap why did they let us go into san fran this year and dominate them. Shut the ____up san fran!!!

Touche'

Redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 11:27 PM
To bad he wont be on the field love to see him choke again in a big spot

JJC7301
01-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Williams is a doofus.

C1010
01-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Well, it looks like I know what team Im pulling for.

moosedrool
01-31-2013, 12:23 AM
I guess the 40 whiners were the better team in week 6 too when they lost 26-3. Alex Smith's 3 INT's were all flukes. And poor Frank Gore had a whopping 36 yards rushing. Nice job backing up your mouth with your play Frank.

greenca190
01-31-2013, 12:42 AM
This is exactly why coaches do not want to release injury reports every week.

GiantRoc
01-31-2013, 12:44 AM

Spoil sport. Why bring us down with a dose of reality. ( just kidding) This thread is damn fun to read though. hahaha

bleeding blue
01-31-2013, 12:55 AM
Must be real awkward for Manningham in that locker room.

AllHailEli
01-31-2013, 01:11 AM
Watch Kyle Williams have the same stupid sentiment when the Ravens hand them a devastating loss on Sunday. I would not expect Jim to be sour grapes against his brother though or we will see.

P_Simms_#11
01-31-2013, 01:44 AM
Must be real awkward for Manningham in that locker room.

Manningham is on IR.

BeatYale
01-31-2013, 02:07 AM
Well he kinda has a point. His comments are in regards to one of our players admitting that we knew he had a head injury and we wanted to hurt him. I think it was our rookie LB Williams who mentioned it during an interview. Sure it wasn't about a bounty program because money wasn't involved, but the intent to injure was -and that was another issue Goodel was bringing the hammer down on.

AllHailEli
01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
Well he kinda has a point. His comments are in regards to one of our players admitting that we knew he had a head injury and we wanted to hurt him. I think it was our rookie LB Williams who mentioned it during an interview. Sure it wasn't about a bounty program because money wasn't involved, but the intent to injure was -and that was another issue Goodel was bringing the hammer down on.

He fumbled without anyone touching him. He's either already concussed or he's not mentally prepared for the game.

TomCat_FIN
01-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Oh man. I'm not really a fan of the Ravens, but after reading this moaning and whining from the 49ers, I hope Baltimore win.

GMEN86900711
01-31-2013, 05:56 AM
They still had to drive the field and Smith had not played inspired football up to that point. Our defence had a few busted plays on Davis and that is the only reason they were even in the game offensively so I think you can argue either way.

Definitely. There are so many what if's, but the only thing that matters is the end result. They can indirectly blame the loss on Williams, but he said better "TEAM", and that team includes Williams.

Eli got pounded in that second half, and while he got away with a pair of errant thorws, it was an all around gritty performance. I was especially impressed with that touchdown to Manningham on 3rd and 15 while down by 4 in the 4th quarter, after Eli had gotten pounded. He just hung in there and made a play.

BuffyBlueII
01-31-2013, 06:28 AM
Meh. I don’t really think the comments are a big deal. Marshall Faulk claimed after losing SuperBowl to NE Patriots “sometimes the better team doesn’t win.” It is just frustration. I think that what does get folks ire is the timing of it just like the comment by Clay Matthews months after the game. I mean, shouldn’t Frank Gore be worried about Baltimore Ravens right now and not the NFCCG from 2011? All in all however, I don’t really think he is knocking us but voicing his frustration at himself and his own team for not finishing a game they thought they should’ve won if they were better finishers.

Players make comments like Frank Gore did about being the better team and losing but it is better sportsmanship to keep that in the lockerroom and be gracious in acknowledging your opponents victory. I may be mistaken here but folks always bring up how NE Patriots keep making excuses about SuperBowl XLII but I have never heard the players state that. Now, I have heard plenty of fans making excuses for NE Patriots but not the players. does anyone have a link?

BuffyBlueII
01-31-2013, 06:31 AM

Well. The way some folks would take the comments by Frank Gore could be interpreted as “if we just finished, NY Giants couldn’t do anything about it.” Some would state that his bellyaching is stating that it was due to their own ineptitude and nothing NY Giants did and that is why they lost. It can be interpreted in many different ways. Frank Gore should be worrying about SuperBowl XLVII.

Drez
01-31-2013, 07:25 AM
He fumbled without anyone touching him. He's either already concussed or he's not mentally prepared for the game.He fumbled when JWill hit him. The other "fumble" was more of a muff/touch situation.

Drez
01-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Well he kinda has a point. His comments are in regards to one of our players admitting that we knew he had a head injury and we wanted to hurt him. I think it was our rookie LB Williams who mentioned it during an interview. Sure it wasn't about a bounty program because money wasn't involved, but the intent to injure was -and that was another issue Goodel was bringing the hammer down on.Not really. Our guys (Devin Thomas was the first to say anything about it) said that the point was that due to his concussion history if they were able to give him a good lick or two it'll make him lose focus, as he'd be more concerned about getting another concussion than doing things like, say, covering up the football.

The intent wasn't to injure him or give him another concussion, but rather just to rattle him to get him off his game.

TheAnalyst
01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
BUMMER!

Those guys are a bunch of pansies.

GO RAVENS!

Morehead State
01-31-2013, 09:44 AM
He fumbled without anyone touching him. He's either already concussed or he's not mentally prepared for the game.
No he didn't. The ball was knocked out of his arm. It was a good play by us.

tdawg1413
01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Most people are shocked that Kyle Williams is still in the league considering he sucks.

FBomb
01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure why everyone else is so butthurt over the Niners still talking and making excuses about the loss last season. I LOVE that we got in their heads and hate us so much. Have always hated the Whiners and thier fanbase. Minus the championships, they are the Eagles on the left coast.

BuffyBlueII
01-31-2013, 10:01 AM
The object is to hit the oppossing player that has the ball and try to rattle him. You hit him hard and you hit him clean. Kyle Williams has a history of sufferring from concussions and that means he may lose focus so the object was hat when Kyle Williams had the ball to hit him clean and hit him hard and to exploit that weakness. NY Giants didn't hit him in the head and we didn't take dirty shots at him. There was nothing wrong with what we did and it sounds like Kyle Williams has sour grapes. Also, he may just be frustrated because he turned the ball over once without being touched and another time with light contact while Eli Manning kept his poise better than any QB playing in NFL right now can considering the beating he took. Nobody crying about them going after Eli the way they did because that was obviously their plan and I don't blame them. Also, they hit Eli clean and fair.I guess we should take some solace that although we didn't make SuperBowl thia year that wr are still a poiny of focus during SuperBowl week.

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure why everyone else is so butthurt over the Niners still talking and making excuses about the loss last season. I LOVE that we got in their heads and hate us so much. Have always hated the Whiners and thier fanbase. Minus the championships, they are the Eagles on the left coast.

Not really, the Raiders are the eagles of the left coast. Same kind of wretched hive of scum and villany...

sodbuster
01-31-2013, 11:54 AM
williams did not lose that game for the 9ers..going 1-for 13 on 3rd down and not getting past the 50 yard line untill late in the game is what loset it for them!!!!!!!!!!!.. if they go 6 or 7 on 3rd down they win the game. it never goes in to OT!!!1

wuzpapn
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Kyle Williams really needs to shut his mouth. He's lucky his life wasn't taken from his own fan base.

The whole 49ers' intelligence has been leaking through media week. Hilarious.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
This is why Im now rooting for the Ravens, that and the comments that Moss said about being the best all-time and the anti-gay comments by whatshisface. Moss hasn't done anything in years and even behind Tom Brady he was non-existent. They're all talk and seem bitter...

I can't believe Ill be rooting for the Ravens but it out weights the other, as Wes Welker's wife pissed me off too with her comments.

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 12:59 PM
This is why Im now rooting for the Ravens, that and the comments that Moss said about being the best all-time and the anti-gay comments by whatshisface. Moss hasn't done anything in years and even behind Tom Brady he was non-existent. They're all talk and seem bitter...

I can't believe Ill be rooting for the Ravens but it out weights the other, as Wes Welker's wife pissed me off too with her comments.

Honestly the only things that I could reasonably see as annoying about the ravens now are Ray Lewis and John Harbaugh. Flacco has endured enough crap from his fanbase and should get named SBMVP... Ray Rice is pretty awesome too.

TheAnalyst
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/btjjKvS.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/btjjKvS.jpg)

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Honestly the only things that I could reasonably see as annoying about the ravens now are Ray Lewis and John Harbaugh. Flacco has endured enough crap from his fanbase and should get named SBMVP... Ray Rice is pretty awesome too. Let's see how many times Ray Lewis can say the word "God" if he wins.

sharick88
01-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Frank Whiskey Hotel Oscar Romeo Echo is talking more about the giants than he is about their football game.

GameTime
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
ehh..
they dont call them the Fortywhiners for no reason.

hope they ****ing lose

GameTime
01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
hope they lose

sheli no more
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
"And if the queen had balls she'd be the king. Kyle Williams' mistakes means that the Niners WERE NOT the better team along with a score of other things, like them being 1-13 on third downs and only completing 1 pass to a WR all game long."

I agree 99%. They made mistakes, we did not. Eli took a beating and never turned the ball over. However if the queen had balls, she might be a homosexual.

BuffyBlueII
01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Lets go Baltimore Ravens. lol........Gee thought we never be wrting that. lol.....

BuffyBlueII
01-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Not really, the Raiders are the eagles of the left coast. Same kind of wretched hive of scum and villany...

San Francisco 49er fans and Oakland Raiders fans are interchangeable. Both are misereable examples of humanity.

Morehead State
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
San Francisco 49er fans and Oakland Raiders fans are interchangeable. Both are misereable examples of humanity.
My son-in-law is from Montana and is a big Niners fan. He's a fine young man.
Stop with this nonsense.

AllHailEli
01-31-2013, 11:27 PM
They had a better record, I gave them that, but they were not the better team that night. They wanted the Giants, they got the Giants. They should have been careful who they wished for in the first place. There's something ominous about all the bitterness, I think it's about to spill over the game they should be focusing on.

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 11:55 PM
They had a better record, I gave them that, but they were not the better team that night. They wanted the Giants, they got the Giants. They should have been careful who they wished for in the first place. There's something ominous about all the bitterness, I think it's about to spill over the game they should be focusing on.

The fact that they have another legitimate shot at a lombardi only makes this even more strange... the whole reason they were bitter at the Giants to begin with was disrupting their chance at a ring. Well here you go, you want your goddamn ring, go play for it. Stop *****ing about a team not even in the playoffs...

Rusty192
02-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Maybe we can just root for the 49ers to lose, instead of actually cheering for Baltimore.

clawwolf
02-01-2013, 01:53 AM
GO RAVENS. SMASH THESE WHINERS IN THE MOUTH.

Diamondring
02-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Most people are shocked that Kyle Williams is still in the league considering he sucks.I thought they were the Honey Badgers and they don't give a ....

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Most people are shocked that Kyle Williams is still in the league considering he sucks.

lol...2 times

SweetZombieJesus
02-01-2013, 06:59 AM
The fact that they have another legitimate shot at a lombardi only makes this even more strange... the whole reason they were bitter at the Giants to begin with was disrupting their chance at a ring. Well here you go, you want your goddamn ring, go play for it. Stop *****ing about a team not even in the playoffs...

I think THEY think they've got the win already, and they're mad it won't be 2 in a row. They're that arrogant.

Which is why I say Go Baltimore.

Redeyejedi
02-01-2013, 08:21 AM
49ers fans saying how amazing it is the made the Super Bowl without Manningham and Kyle WIlliams injuries . LOL the team started the same Defensive starters all season. I think 1 starter missed 1 game at the end of the season. The Nickel and Dime package guys played all 16 as well. What are they doing in SF to keep the team that healthy. Their worst injury was Manningham who missed 4 games , 4 frickin games.

TheEnigma
02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
49ers fans saying how amazing it is the made the Super Bowl without Manningham and Kyle WIlliams injuries . LOL the team started the same Defensive starters all season. I think 1 starter missed 1 game at the end of the season. The Nickel and Dime package guys played all 16 as well. What are they doing in SF to keep the team that healthy. Their worst injury was Manningham who missed 4 games , 4 frickin games.

Wasn't Justin Smith out for a few games? I recall their pass rushing being nonexistent at the time of his injury and Aldon Smith was "exposed" for not being as great because he needs Justin to eat up blockers so he can get a pass rush going.

Diamondring
02-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Giants are really the better team. Giants had Eli manning and a good wr core at the time. The backs weren't bad and the tes were hot. I was suprised the game was close.

bigblue58
02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I admit that I hated those comments because his implication was that the Giants were undeserving. At least that's the way it felt to me. I don't get that from Gore at all. He admitted that they "couldn't finish".
Seems to me Gore was holding his own team accountable for the loss.

True....when you put it like that, I have to agree with you.
I guess I'm just tired of opponents back handed compliments and caveats attached to any reference to any Giants victory.
To me it's cut and dried.....the best team on the field is the one who makes one more play than the other team did and leaves the field with th "W"!

giantsfan420
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Wasn't Justin Smith out for a few games? I recall their pass rushing being nonexistent at the time of his injury and Aldon Smith was "exposed" for not being as great because he needs Justin to eat up blockers so he can get a pass rush going.iirc he still played thru it and still is. he missed 1 game iirc. he's just basically one armed...

pino
02-01-2013, 03:55 PM

Poor Kyle Williams. Everyone wants to point the finger at one individual. Never mind the fact that the Niners were 1 for 13 on third down conversions, or had MANY chances to win it in the 4th quarter and OT.

Unfortunately this is the same tune the Niners sing when they say they were the "better team". They tend to ignore the fact that their offense was garbage that day. But your right, it's no big deal because we all know Gore is full of it, but I don't agree that is "good" to think your team was the better team if you lose. When the Giants lose, I would hope they believe that they need to get better, not that they are already better.

Congratulations Niners for making it to the Super Bowl regardless.

Ruttiger711
02-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Mother flippin BUMP

Anyone defending Gore - please reconsider. No doubt just a whiner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000135807/article/frank-gore-san-francisco-49ers-were-the-better-team

Flip Empty
02-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Jim's ego lost them that game.

CDN_G-FAN
02-04-2013, 08:10 AM
i can't stand the 49ers and about 95% of their fan base.

they just whine like they getting paid by the tear..........

wuzpapn
02-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Whatever parent brought Gore to the States through that $.39/day program should be ashamed of themselves.

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Truth is they will probably be favored to go again next year. That's horrible considering the game will be played here.

gumby74
02-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I pull for the stanford cardinal, but something about Harbaugh bugs me. "We didn't play our best football today". How about giving props to the other team for once? The blackout saved your butt.

GameTime
02-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Forty Whiners....

Rusty192
02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
The niners are really making a disgrace of themselves around the league.

Cool Papa B.
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
A message to Jim Harbaugh, the Forty-Whiners players and fans:

"On Any Given Sunday You Can Win Or Lose. The Point Is Can You Win Or Lose Like A Man."

Yesterday they proved they cannot lose like men.
They might pass Detroit as the most hated team in the NFL if this sore-losing attitude keeps up.

Drez
02-04-2013, 10:07 PM
A message to Jim Harbaugh, the Forty-Whiners players and fans:

"On Any Given Sunday You Can Win Or Lose. The Point Is Can You Win Or Lose Like A Man."

Yesterday they proved they cannot lose like men.
They might pass Detroit as the most hated team in the NFL if this sore-losing attitude keeps up.
Case in point: The difference in the press conferences after the game. Jim Harbaugh continues to whine about the no call. John Harbaugh continues to talk about how great a coach his brother is and how he knew that he would have his guys fighting after the blackout.

Gmen2005
02-04-2013, 11:15 PM
He's a sore loser.

G-Men Surg.
02-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Well, the best team lost again, to bad for Frank, maybe he has to demand a trade to a " bad " team to win it all next year. Seriously, we all get how frustrated he must feel but man up and be humble about it, show some class and just get to the drawing board to come out firing next year.

Drez
02-04-2013, 11:37 PM
It must be a tough pills to swallow to have those 2 Kyle Williams plays cost you the game.That wasn't the only reason they lost. Nor does it change the fact that Gore is a whiny little *****.

rebelfan1966
02-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Well, yall read my mind. I guess the better team lost the SB.

Redeyejedi
02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Truth is they will probably be favored to go again next year. That's horrible considering the game will be played here.They have 1 more year before they have to start giving out contracts the depth will be gone.

Morehead State
02-05-2013, 01:02 PM
That wasn't the only reason they lost. Nor does it change the fact that Gore is a whiny little *****.
There were many reasons they lost but you have to admit, from a players perspective, when you have 2 horrible ST fumbles that turned into 10 points, (one being a fluke bouncing off the kid's leg) you can be frustrated with an overtime loss. Easy to blame that for the loss.

Don't forget folks, my comment came last week before the SB. Quite honestly, to repeat the same rap after the SB this season is bad behavior.

Rusty192
02-05-2013, 01:10 PM
They have 1 more year before they have to start giving out contracts the depth will be gone.Justin Smith will also be one year older. Not to mention his injury issues. Guy is the key to their defense, that D-line is totally average without him. Aldon is not even near as effective when JS isn't in the game. Their secondary is also a huge liability with bloated contracts. The 49ers D wasn't the same this year, and will be worse next year.

GameTime
02-05-2013, 01:24 PM
lets see...the Forty NIners org, coach, and players seem to always have excuses when they lose.
What are their excuses when they win???......get it....???

ImElectric2
02-05-2013, 02:14 PM
It's so disrespectful to your opponent to consistently say "we were the better team and deserved to win more" after every tough, hard faught loss. What the Ravens weren't destroying you before that power outage? The Ravens weren't deserving of victory considering how they played from week 16 on? It's really poor sportsmanship. I can't even believe they, as professional athletes, feel justified in coming out with nonsense like this every year.