PDA

View Full Version : Osi Umenyiora Not Expected To Be Re-Signed By Giants

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/975/osi-umenyiora

Excerpt: "ESPN's Dan Graziano says Giants impending free agent DE Osi Umenyiora is "almost certain" to be gone.

After being forced to restructure his contract and then playing behind Jason Pierre-Paul/Justin Tuck in 2012, Umenyiora sees the writing on the wall." Read more...

dezzzR
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Good.

GiantX
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Time to say goodbye to Osi.

Carter.525
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
no crap Osi..

Rudyy
01-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Yay

Kruunch
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
In other news, water is wet.

Sundown
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Sigh I can't wait for the draft sheesh

Cloud57
01-30-2013, 02:08 PM
old news

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
ahhh yes. The weekly Osi thread. How many pages will this weeks version go?

sharick88
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Good. Now he can go to Oakland and be a one trick pony for them.

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 02:51 PM
everyone says good but now we have 1 good pass rusher on the whole team. I wasn't a fan of Osi's antics in 2011 but he was a damn good football player for the Giants...people are so quick to write him and Tuck and Webby off....people that won us 2 superbowls

Harooni
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
we say good because he constantly complained and he was over paid. not that he wasnt good DWJPP

P_Simms_#11
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
More beating a dead horse. The draft cant get here soon enough.

sharick88
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
everyone says good but now we have 1 good pass rusher on the whole team. I wasn't a fan of Osi's antics in 2011 but he was a damn good football player for the Giants...people are so quick to write him and Tuck and Webby off....people that won us 2 superbowls

How was a good player for the giants this past season? The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" organization. He is a one dimensional player and that is it. I would only be down for him coming back as a back up, for passing downs only, and as a player getting a back up's salary.

rebelfan1966
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
I honestly hate to see Osi go.... I thought he helped our defense a great deal. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

sharick88
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM

Even Joe Montana, the best QB in history IMO, eventually got traded despite leading his team to 4 Super Bowl wins. Business is business. When a player appears to be on the decline, a franchise will and should get rid of them and get whatever they can for them. I think you're being a little too personal with our players. Players come and go.

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
How was a good player for the giants this past season? The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" organization. He is a one dimensional player and that is it. I would only be down for him coming back as a back up, for passing downs only, and as a player getting a back up's salary. never said he had a good year last year....but you guys are treating him like he was some sort of Bum or bust. he has 76 sacks for this organization. He was a good player here.

BurnerNYG
01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Osi helped us win 2 Superbowls. Why all the hate? He was a great Giant... a complainer but a great Giant nontheless. Geez!

Cloud57
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Osi helped us win 2 SBs and Giant fans are grateful , but he's useless now.

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
I think it's a stretch to call him a complainer. He had one public contract dispute that occured in the off season. He never was an issue with the TC or the players. Never heard about any problems with Osi during the season, aside from an issue with Bill Sheridan. But I tend to side with Osi on that one.

ny06
01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
I think it's a stretch to call him a complainer. He had one public contract dispute that occured in the off season. He never was an issue with the TC or the players. Never heard about any problems with Osi during the season, aside from an issue with Bill Sheridan. But I tend to side with Osi on that one.
He's had two, but who's counting...

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
He's had two, but who's counting...

Ehh, it's part of the business. Doesn't make him a real problem child.

sharick88
01-30-2013, 04:38 PM
never said he had a good year last year....but you guys are treating him like he was some sort of Bum or bust. he has 76 sacks for this organization. He was a good player here.

Emphasis on was. Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate his past services and he was once an elite pass rusher in this league. I just don't think that he is currently elite and I feel like he is expendable. This team is not going to miss him badly. He is a replaceable player

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 04:42 PM

He was a major complainer, but that's his right. He did help us early in his career, that spigot seems to have been reduced to a slow trickle now.

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 05:02 PM
He was a major complainer, but that's his right. He did help us early in his career, that spigot seems to have been reduced to a slow trickle now.

We've had drug addicts, gun toaters, friends of gun toaters that have tried to hide the gun, drunk drivers, etc. Osi was a pretty good citizen who never got in trouble. TC never once had a problem with him and still wants him back. The coach's opinion is what matters most to me. Him and JR going at it over a contract is part of the business and not really an issue as far as I'm concerned.

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
We've had drug addicts, gun toaters, friends of gun toaters that have tried to hide the gun, drunk drivers, etc. Osi was a pretty good citizen who never got in trouble. TC never once had a problem with him and still wants him back. The coach's opinion is what matters most to me. Him and JR going at it over a contract is part of the business and not really an issue as far as I'm concerned.

And you are entitled to your opinion

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
I'll never understand why people take it so personally when a guy is trying to get more salary out of his employer because he thinks he is worth more than he is being paid. It pretty much is a way of life that happens in every career path in the world. The only difference is that our jobs aren't followed by the media.

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
I'll never understand why people take it so personally when a guy is trying to get more salary out of his employer because he thinks he is worth more than he is being paid. It pretty much is a way of life that happens in every career path in the world. The only difference is that our jobs aren't followed by the media.

It wasn't his wanting more money, it was the way he went about it, publicly, sending emails to media heads whining about his lot in life as he was spending the $41M he made in his previous contract.

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
It wasn't his wanting more money, it was the way he went about it, publicly, sending emails to media heads whining about his lot in life as he was spending the $41M he made in his previous contract.

Yeah, but who cares, as long as when he snapped the chin strap on, he was giving it his all.

JesseJames
01-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Osi's best days are behind him but I think if it weren't for the cap situation we're in the team would bring him back as a situational pass rusher

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Emphasis on was. Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate his past services and he was once an elite pass rusher in this league. I just don't think that he is currently elite and I feel like he is expendable. This team is not going to miss him badly. He is a replaceable player I get what your saying and I agree that he isn't elite anymore, but the guy is still a good situational pass rusher. I would love to see him retire a Giant just like Strahan...if he comes back at the right price.

and yes he is replaceable...just like everyone else on the team besides for Eli

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM
I get what your saying and I agree that he isn't elite anymore, but the guy is still a good situational pass rusher. I would love to see him retire a Giant just like Strahan...if he comes back at the right price.

The problem is Osi believes he's a starter and not one dimensional. Given our total lack of a run defense, situational pass rushers aren't our best bang for the buck

JesseJames
01-30-2013, 06:08 PM
with teams in our division and around the league going to spread offenses with the new hybrid type of QBs it looks to me that DEs like Osi who are weak against the run and can be trapped inside have become a liability ...

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, but who cares, as long as when he snapped the chin strap on, he was giving it his all.

I think he was giving us his all in 2012.

Piddy283
01-30-2013, 06:39 PM
The fact that so many of you are glad Osi is more than likely leaving is absolutely ridiculous. One of the best DE's in Giants history, has been one of the top 5-7 DE's his entire career and was an instrumental part in us beating the Patriots in 2 Super Bowls.

He's not the DE he once was, so I understand why it'll be tough to bring him back from a financial standpoint. If money wasn't a question, however, I'd want him to retire a Giant.

This MB has become a joke. Where's the loyalty?

sharick88
01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
I get what your saying and I agree that he isn't elite anymore, but the guy is still a good situational pass rusher. I would love to see him retire a Giant just like Strahan...if he comes back at the right price.

I wouldn't mind having him back at the right price either. He would be great on passing downs. The main problem is that Osi believes he is a starting DE and a 4 down player right now that believes he should get elite player money. I don't see it happening here at all.

sharick88
01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
The fact that so many of you are glad Osi is more than likely leaving is absolutely ridiculous. One of the best DE's in Giants history, has been one of the top 5-7 DE's his entire career and was an instrumental part in us beating the Patriots in 2 Super Bowls.

He's not the DE he once was, so I understand why it'll be tough to bring him back from a financial standpoint. If money wasn't a question, however, I'd want him to retire a Giant.

This MB has become a joke. Where's the loyalty?

Speaking for myself, my loyalty is with the New York Giants. Players come and go. Yes it would make sense to bring Osi back for the right price. Osi's price is reportedly on an elite de's level. We don't have time or money for that.

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
The problem is Osi believes he's a starter and not one dimensional. Given our total lack of a run defense, situational pass rushers aren't our best bang for the buck

I usually read all of the articles that you post, but I must have missed the one where Osi said what he is looking for this offseason, and that he wants to go to a team that will make him a starter and full time player. I actually don't recall him complaining once about the amount of snaps he got the past two years.

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I usually read all of the articles that you post, but I must have missed the one where Osi said what he is looking for this offseason, and that he wants to go to a team that will make him a starter and full time player. I actually don't recall him complaining once about the amount of snaps he got the past two years.

You can't catch them all:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/22/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-regrets-griping-about-his-contract-q-and-a/1785709/

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-25/osi-umenyiora-new-york-giants-contract-free-agent-high-probability-of-not-return

(http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-25/osi-umenyiora-new-york-giants-contract-free-agent-high-probability-of-not-return)

nhpgiantsfan
01-30-2013, 07:51 PM
You can't catch them all:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/22/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-regrets-griping-about-his-contract-q-and-a/1785709/

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-25/osi-umenyiora-new-york-giants-contract-free-agent-high-probability-of-not-return

(http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-25/osi-umenyiora-new-york-giants-contract-free-agent-high-probability-of-not-return)

Ok so he says he believes he can be a complete DE. It doesn't say that he doesn't like how the Giants used him, or what he thinks he deserves to be paid. I notices that in the Victor Cruz threads you are very quick to say that nobody knows what he is looking to get paid. Well, same goes here.. I understand, he is probably gone, but he doesn't deserve the thrashing he takes on these boards.

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Ok so he says he believes he can be a complete DE. It doesn't say that he doesn't like how the Giants used him, or what he thinks he deserves to be paid. I notices that in the Victor Cruz threads you are very quick to say that nobody knows what he is looking to get paid. Well, same goes here.. I understand, he is probably gone, but he doesn't deserve the thrashing he takes on these boards.

I've never said what Osi is demanding either other than he wants to start and thinks he's a complete package DE which is what the link confirms. So if he believes he's an effective all around DE he is going to want to be paid like one. He's not an effective all around DE.

embeshAtYa
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
they make a commercial about him and his 40 speed. yeah he shows it off every play. right passed the play. That is if he isnt totally faked by almost every single play option or action play. then he shows no pursuit whatsoever while he jogs behind the play. See ya bum.

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Osi is not the player he once was...we all agree on that, but stop disrespecting the guy calling him a bum. That's a 2 time superbowl champion your talking about. I didn't see anyone complaining when he was getting sacks / forced fumbles for all those years. Strahan also had a very public contract dispute / holdout...no one calls him a bum?

RoanokeFan
01-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Osi is not the player he once was...we all agree on that, but stop disrespecting the guy calling him a bum. That's a 2 time superbowl champion your talking about. I didn't see anyone complaining when he was getting sacks / forced fumbles for all those years. Strahan also had a very public contract dispute / holdout...no one calls him a bum?

Who called him a bum?

embeshAtYa
01-30-2013, 09:58 PM
I did. thats my view of him. what hav you done for me lately. Mike Strahan never sucked. Osi sucks. Hey not to offend anyone. Thats just how I feel.

jomo
01-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Whatever, ....................his diminished production and dancing bear technique do not help this team. He had a great run with us but if it is time to move on, then it is time to move on. Go Blue!!

ShakeandBake
01-30-2013, 10:02 PM

Did Strahan ever get optional surgery right before the season started out of spite? Didn't think so.

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Did Strahan ever get optional surgery right before the season started out of spite? Didn't think so.

i don't think it was out of spite..but ur in title to ur own opinion. we came out of it with a lombardi trophy so who cares. I'm not knocking Stray...he is and always will be my Fav Giant ever. I am just using him as a comparison

ShakeandBake
01-30-2013, 10:09 PM
i don't think it was out of spite..but ur in title to ur own opinion. we came out of it with a lombardi trophy so who cares. Any im not knocking Stray...he is and always will be my Fav Giant ever. I just using him as a comparison

He was cleared to play before the season started by the Giants' medical staff yet opted to get the surgery anyway as his way of holding out. I highly doubt we would have seen much from Osi last season without the emergence of JPP, which was when Osi lost all of his leverage.

embeshAtYa
01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
We would have won both superbowls without Osi

DownWitJPP
01-30-2013, 10:22 PM
heres an interesting stat that i bet most people on here don't even realize...New York Giants all time sack leaders

1. Michael Strahan 138
2. Lawrence Taylor 130
3. Leonard Marshall 77

4 Osi Umenyiora 73.5

5. Keith Hamilton 61
6. Justin Tuck 49.5
7. Geroge Martin 45
8. Carl Banks 35
9. Jesse Armsted 29

Look's like he's in some pretty good company if u ask me

embeshAtYa
01-30-2013, 10:52 PM
I was lookin up that stuff other day. pretty cool was just looking at DE's though. Yea the guy for sure has had his sacks. I don know man. Whatever his problem is. No heart. No Fire. Lazy. Not sure. because he is still very fast. Its not a lost step. His play sucks. My view. Ive yelled more at my tv at him more than anything else for quite some time now. I will not miss him. There was a time I stuck up for him. Then he stuck out like a sore thumb and it was a joke

myles2424
01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Idk about anyone else, but if we don't take a DE in the 1st, then I don't want one.....after the top few, the all start looking very average....think we have too many needs for some confusing 2nd,3rd,4th round pick

TomCat_FIN
01-31-2013, 02:31 AM
We all know Osi could rush the QB and strip sack him off the ball, but eventually an end must also be able to play against the run and that's why Osi became a 2nd string player in his last couple of years with us.

Piddy283
01-31-2013, 04:57 AM
We would have won both superbowls without Osi

Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, this is one of the dumbest posts I've read on these boards.

Captain Chaos
01-31-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm Shocked!!!

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 09:21 AM
We all know Osi could rush the QB and strip sack him off the ball, but eventually an end must also be able to play against the run and that's why Osi became a 2nd string player in his last couple of years with us.

This.

Personally, I want to see what Ojomo has to bring against 1st stringers...

FBomb
01-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Bye Osi. Thanks for contributing to our 2 SB wins.

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Yes Osi, we all know, ur still good, blah blah blah!!! Should of traded em when we had the chance..

wuzpapn
01-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Used to be my favorite Giants. Sad to see him go, but I also think we got his best years out of him.

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 11:05 AM
heres an interesting stat that i bet most people on here don't even realize...New York Giants all time sack leaders

1. Michael Strahan 138
2. Lawrence Taylor 130
3. Leonard Marshall 77

4 Osi Umenyiora 73.5

5. Keith Hamilton 61
6. Justin Tuck 49.5
7. Geroge Martin 45
8. Carl Banks 35
9. Jesse Armsted 29

Look's like he's in some pretty good company if u ask me Ya, hes had some decent moments and a few solid seasons, but the past few yrs, hes been a whiney girl who hasen't produced.. Leaving a sour taste in peoples mouth on his way out..

DownWitJPP
01-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, this is one of the dumbest posts I've read on these boards.

was waiting for someone else to say it besides me

lamas
01-31-2013, 11:33 AM
The article claims he was "forced to restructure his contract". Can someone please tell me what this is referring to?

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
This.

Personally, I want to see what Ojomo has to bring against 1st stringers...

+1

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
There is still hope!

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/31/osi-umenyiora-says-theres-still-definitely-a-chance-he-re-signs-with-new-york-giants/

Excerpt: "For many, it seems like a foregone conclusion that Osi Umenyiora (http://www.giants101.com/tag/osi-umenyiora/) will not return to the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants in 2013. Even the defensive end has previously stated "now is probably time to move on (http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/01/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-now-is-probably-time-to-move-on/)." But while appearing at an event in New Orleans to promote Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium, the impending unrestricted free agent wouldn't rule out a return to Big Blue, saying there's definitely a chance he could be re-signed.

"There's a chance, absolutely," Umenyiora said. "Hopefully, that will happen." Read more...

DownWitJPP
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
our owner seems to like him, so who knows. It all comes down to how much $$ hes asking for.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
our owner seems to like him, so who knows. It all comes down to how much $$ hes asking for.

That is true but it also has to do with the role they might want Osi to play which is not going to be a starter.

DownWitJPP
01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
That is true but it also has to do with the role they might want Osi to play which is not going to be a starter.

agreed.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
agreed.

If Osi truly believes hes a starter, he, like Mario Manningham, will have to find another team.

DownWitJPP
01-31-2013, 01:26 PM
If Osi truly believes hes a starter, he, like Mario Manningham, will have to find another team.

Also agree, I know he's not the starter and that JPP is the better player. If he's willing to be a backup (situational pass rusher) for the right amount of money I wouldn't mind him staying an retiring a Giant

nhpgiantsfan
01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
If Osi truly had to be a starter, I don't think he would make the comments he made. He obviously knows that if he stays here he isn't starting over JPP. Yet he still says if they can work out a deal he would love to stay. He was on the field a lot last year in his role, and I don't really think he was upset with the amount of snaps he got. He knows he's not a kid anymore. If he is the complainer that everyone here loves to call him, then surely we would have heard from him if he wasn't happy with his playing time.

And before anyone jumps on me, saying that he believes he is capable of being and every down DE, and demanding that whoever signs him must make him a starter are two very different things.

Still,I'd be shocked if they agree on a deal.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Also agree, I know he's not the starter and that JPP is the better player. If he's willing to be a backup (situational pass rusher) for the right amount of money I wouldn't mind him staying an retiring a Giant

Maybe he'll test the FA waters and see it's not greener anywhere else.

DownWitJPP
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM
there's a good possibility...I don't really see a team throwing a ton of money at a 31 yr old DE on the downside of his career.

jomo
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Maybe he'll test the FA waters and see it's not greener anywhere else.At the right price, happy to have him as a relief rusher.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 02:50 PM
At the right price, happy to have him as a relief rusher.

+1 Osi seems to be all over the place in terms of his self evaluation and desires regarding a contract/role

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8901521/osi-umenyiora-hopes-new-york-giants-return-open-new-york-jets

Excerpt: "Umenyiora did not rule out the New York Jets (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets) as one of those teams.

"Rex Ryan, when I was coming out of college he was with Baltimore at the time and he came down to work me out at Troy, he came to Atlanta, just me and him," Umenyiora said when asked about the Jets by the Post. "We had a pretty good time out there so I've always enjoyed him as a coach and as a person. That might be a good fit. Hopefully it will be with the Giants.''Umenyiora told reporters that his decision on where he will play next season will not be "solely based on money." Read more...

Cloud57
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
lol I predicted this may happen, will he actually sign with the Jets? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora, making the media rounds Thursday at Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, said he'd be interested in the Jets if he doesn't re-sign with the Giants. He will be an unrestricted free agent and, unless he's willing to accept a cut-rate deal, the chances of re-upping with the Giants appear slim."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/20507/how-would-osi-look-in-green

ny06
01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8901521/osi-umenyiora-hopes-new-york-giants-return-open-new-york-jets

Excerpt: "Umenyiora did not rule out the New York Jets (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets) as one of those teams.

"Rex Ryan, when I was coming out of college he was with Baltimore at the time and he came down to work me out at Troy, he came to Atlanta, just me and him," Umenyiora said when asked about the Jets by the Post. "We had a pretty good time out there so I've always enjoyed him as a coach and as a person. That might be a good fit. Hopefully it will be with the Giants.''Umenyiora told reporters that his decision on where he will play next season will not be "solely based on money." Read more...

"Solely based on money" at least he's honest. He will get a real reality check once free agency begins, when few and far between teams are interested in his services.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 03:54 PM
"Solely based on money" at least he's honest. He will get a real reality check once free agency begins, when few and far between teams are interested in his services.

Probably true. You have to think part of Reese's thought process is going to be what does he really have in Tracy and Ojomo.

nhpgiantsfan
01-31-2013, 04:03 PM

Umm, you do realize that it says "his decision will NOT be soley based on money.

ny06
01-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Umm, you do realize that it says "his decision will NOT be soley based on money.
Read it wrong. But like any athlete money is a top priority and moving their family. So I'm not that far off.

tcseacliff
01-31-2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/975/osi-umenyiora

Excerpt: "ESPN's Dan Graziano says Giants impending free agent DE Osi Umenyiora is "almost certain" to be gone.

After being forced to restructure his contract and then playing behind Jason Pierre-Paul/Justin Tuck in 2012, Umenyiora sees the writing on the wall." Read more...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/22345/os

then says inb this clip , wants to stay a Giant! too much drama here!

then he say's here wants to stay in ny, too much drama here!

nhpgiantsfan
01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/22345/os

then says inb this clip , wants to stay a Giant! too much drama here!

then he say's here wants to stay in ny, too much drama here!

There is no drama. He is stating that he doesn't think the Giants are going to resign him. However, he would love to stay.

radar-ray
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
There is no drama. He is stating that he doesn't think the Giants are going to resign him. However, he would love to stay. That's exactly what he's saying. Pretty realistic view by Osi.

Diamondring
02-01-2013, 03:37 AM
There is no drama. He is stating that he doesn't think the Giants are going to resign him. However, he would love to stay.I bet there is more to it than what you are saying.

giantsfan420
02-01-2013, 04:03 AM
slip made a post explaining the cap savings we'd make by cutting some of our pricier players. Tuck was one of them, we save like 5 mil to the cap by releasing him and then are off the books completely for his last year iirc slips thread...anyways, my point being, if we're going to keep just 1 between tuck n osi to be a situational player (imo Tuck cannot hold up physically as an everydown type guy), my choice would actually be Osi. He's more dangerous as a pass rusher than Tuck is aat this point imo...

ShakeandBake
02-01-2013, 04:39 AM
Hasn't Osi publicly said that he rushes the way he does(primarily going for the strip sack) because he is concerned about his health down the line? It's evident that the guy shys away from contact, I understand he doesn't want to be another statistic down the line, however you can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. If he keeps playing the way he does then there really has no place on this team.

nhpgiantsfan
02-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Hasn't Osi publicly said that he rushes the way he does(primarily going for the strip sack) because he is concerned about his health down the line? It's evident that the guy shys away from contact, I understand he doesn't want to be another statistic down the line, however you can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. If he keeps playing the way he does then there really has no place on this team.

When did Osi say that?? Link? More unproven speculation.

Kruunch
02-01-2013, 11:43 AM
I'll give this to Osi ... he sure knows how to rile folks up.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/01/osi-umenyiora-jets-giants-free-agent-contract/?sct=uk_t2_a8

I think it would be hysterical to watch him on the Jets (I wouldn't mind the move at all).

Forgetting the fact that he isn't a 3-4 guy in the least.

BigBlue1971
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Osi had a great career with us winning 2 superbowls and countless awards; but its time for him to move on!

for a lot of us his antics during contract negotiations and comments he made overshadow his on the field performance!

good luck to Osi wherever he goes!

ShakeandBake
02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
When did Osi say that?? Link? More unproven speculation.

Do you know what a question mark at the end of a sentence signifies?

nhpgiantsfan
02-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Do you know what a question mark at the end of a sentence signifies?

Ok, so if it's a question, I will answer it for you. No, he never said that.

ShakeandBake
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Ok, so if it's a question, I will answer it for you. No, he never said that.

Yes, if a sentence has a question mark at the end, it signifies a question. Anyway, whether he said it or not, its clear that he over runs plays way too often and is a liability in run defense. Thanks for the memories Osi, but its time to go.

joemorrisforprez
02-01-2013, 09:14 PM
If Osi leaves, best wishes and absolutely no hard feelings.......the guy helped the Giants win 2 Super Bowls.

Toadofsteel
02-01-2013, 09:42 PM
If Osi leaves, best wishes and absolutely no hard feelings.......the guy helped the Giants win 2 Super Bowls.

This. Only hard feelings I will have is if he signs with the eagles, and even then if JR doesn't offer him a contract at all then I wouldn't have too much beef with that.

Diamondring
02-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Inorder for Osi to get a lot of money, he has to change his ways. He has to get stronger and improve his technique at getting to the qb on the pass and the ball carrier on the run plays.