PDA

View Full Version : Lets try this, top 15 players

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
What players, are the most likely to go top 15? Can do this to get a better idea of what players the giants will have to choose from at 19.

Start with the most likely.

QBs Im going to skip, but I will assume at least 2 will go, which 2 I dont really care.
3. OT Jockel
4. DE Werner
5. DE Moore
6. CB Millner
7. DT Loutelei
8. DT Richardson
9. OLB Mingo
10. OG Warmack
11. LB Ogletree
12. DE Ansah
13. OT Fisher
14. OT Johnson
15. OLB Jarvis Jones

Then there are 3 more picks before the giants pick.

This is the next group of guys
WR Patterson
WR Allen
TE Eifert/Ertz
DE Okafor/Jones
DT Hankins/Floyd

Just saying, its entirely possible that all the guys that are commonly mocked to the giants could easily be gone. Yes someone could fall, but thats not the point of this. Just trying to look at what guys are probably going to still be there. Of course a run on QBs always helps

Redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
What players, are the most likely to go top 15? Can do this to get a better idea of what players the giants will have to choose from at 19.

QBs Im going to skip, but I will assume at least 2 will go, which 2 I dont really care.
3. OT Jockel
4. DE Werner
5. DE Moore
6. CB Millner
7. DT Loutelei
8. DT Richardson
9. OLB Mingo
10. OG Warmack
11. LB Ogletree
12. DE Ansah
13. OT Fisher
14. OT Johnson
15. OLB Jarvis Jones

WR Patterson
WR Allen
TE Eifert/Ertz
DE Okafor/Jones
DT Hankins/Floyd

Just saying, its entirely possible that all the guys that are commonly mocked to the giants could easily be gone. Yes someone could fall, but thats not the point of this. Just trying to look at what guys are probably going to still be there. Of course a run on QBs always helpsSomeone might tank Banks,D Jordan , S Floyd early

Imgrate
01-30-2013, 09:58 PM
If we plan on letting nicks walk, we may very well take a wr in the first two picks

giants8493
01-30-2013, 10:02 PM
We should Take D.J Fluker.

Carter.525
01-30-2013, 10:28 PM
We should Take D.J Fluker.

sure, in the 2nd

juice33s
01-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Tough to come up with a fluid top 15 since team's value players so differently. Here's an interesting little nugget of what Jim Harbaugh told his dad during the 2011 draft:

"He said ‘are you talking to anybody?' and I said ‘I swear I'm not talking to anyone.' He said ‘we're drafting Colin Kaepernick. Do I not only think that he's the best quarterback in the draft, I think he's the best football player in the draft,'" Jack Harbaugh said.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21624638/jack-harbaugh-jim-thought-kaepernick-was-best-player-in-2011-nfl-draft

Also just because a player is widely considered a top 15 talent doesn't mean he won't drop, just look at Prince, I think Reese was stunned he was stll on the board

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Someone might tank Banks,D Jordan , S Floyd early

Yea, Im assuming there will be roughly 5 or so guys that we dont really expect. Another 5 or so might drop.

Its just interesting to me what players the giants could be looking at at 19.

Redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Tough to come up with a fluid top 15 since team's value players so differently. Here's an interesting little nugget of what Jim Harbaugh told his dad during the 2011 draft:

"He said ‘are you talking to anybody?' and I said ‘I swear I'm not talking to anyone.' He said ‘we're drafting Colin Kaepernick. Do I not only think that he's the best quarterback in the draft, I think he's the best football player in the draft,'" Jack Harbaugh said.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21624638/jack-harbaugh-jim-thought-kaepernick-was-best-player-in-2011-nfl-draft

Also just because a player is widely considered a top 15 talent doesn't mean he won't drop, just look at Prince, I think Reese was stunned he was stll on the boardif he believed that why did they wait to take him

juice33s
01-30-2013, 10:54 PM
if he believed that why did they wait to take him
San Fran did trade up 9 picks to get him. No doubt they gambled (They did get Aldon in the first), but you have to believe it was a highly educated gamble. NFL teams run their own mock drafts all the time and it is undoubtebly way more in depth, detailed and insightful then anything you casn get on the net. In the first round especially these teams have a very good grasp of how things will unfold.

G-Men Surg.
01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Other names coming in and out besides Dion Jordan and Banks are Te'o, Vaccaro. I even saw Trufant at 15 in some top 100 draft prospects, go figure.

giants8493
01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
sure, in the 2nd I think we need to take him in the first. We should target Devin Taylor in the second. He probibly won't be there in the third so we can get both of them if we do it like that.

Carter.525
01-30-2013, 11:05 PM
if Datone Jones does good at the combine, I really think he could be the pick..

nycsportzfan
01-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Someone might tank Banks,D Jordan , S Floyd early Te'o is still in play as well...

nycsportzfan
01-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Yea, Im assuming there will be roughly 5 or so guys that we dont really expect. Another 5 or so might drop.

Its just interesting to me what players the giants could be looking at at 19. Banks wouldent be a terrible pick for us if hes there anyone and would resemeble some value as well..

G-Men Surg.
01-30-2013, 11:37 PM

Obviously putting the weight that each mock has depending on the source I saw today a mock draft from NFLDRAFTSCOUTS.COM ( 1/28) from Dane Brugler in which Jarvis Jones was dropped all the way down to 17 to the Steelers. Is there something I'm missing lately about him aside of his spinal cord stenosis ? If not and if by any way he drops to us do you see Reese pulling the trigger on Jarvis ?

myles2424
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM

I haven't paid any attention to the QBs, any chance of a few in the top 20? That definetly helps

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 12:59 AM
I haven't paid any attention to the QBs, any chance of a few in the top 20? That definetly helps There saying Buffalos gonna reach for one, possibly Glennon.. I personally would take my chance on Matt Barkley after Geno Smith, if i was gonna reach for one.. At least thats a guy that less then a yr ago, people hadded pegged as top 10 all day long.. But anyhow, 1or possibly 2of Glennon , Barkley , or WIlson could somehow find there way into top 20.. If these teams are smart, they'd pass on those guys, but they probably won't..

myles2424
01-31-2013, 01:32 AM

3. OT Jockel
4. DE Werner
5. DE Moore
6. CB Millner
7. DT Loutelei
8. DT Richardson
9. OLB Mingo
10. OG Warmack
11. LB Ogletree
12. DE Ansah
13. OT Fisher
14. OT Johnson
15. OLB Jarvis Jones

WR Patterson
WR Allen
TE Eifert/Ertz
DE Okafor/Jones
DT Hankins/Floyd

Just saying, its entirely possible that all the guys that are commonly mocked to the giants could easily be gone. Yes someone could fall, but thats not the point of this. Just trying to look at what guys are probably going to still be there. Of course a run on QBs always helps

Let's hope after some good combines that 1 or multiple WR,RB or QBs go before 19.....

giantsfan420
01-31-2013, 02:57 AM
that would be so awesome if Fisher somehow fell to us...

penguinfarmer
01-31-2013, 07:58 AM
I can't see Fisher getting past Miami who's about to lose Long. if he even makes it out of the top 10.

I think you'll see Xavier Rhodes fly up late like Steph Gilmore did. I'd be more than happy to take him at 19.

TheEnigma
01-31-2013, 08:27 AM
This is my guess to who will go in the top 18 before our pick

1. Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB (McNabb 2.0)
2. Jaguars - Star Lotulelei, DT
3. Raiders - Bjoern Werner, DE
4. Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT
5. Lions - Ezekiel Ansah, DE (Remember, they love DL prospects and he's the most intriguing)
6. Browns - Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
7. Cardinals - Eric Fisher, OT
8. Bills - Mike Glennon, QB
9. Jets - Dee Milliner, CB (Might be reading too much into the Jets but if they deal one of their CBs, it's possible)
10. Titans - Chance Warmack, OG
11. Chargers - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB
12. Dolphins - Lane Johnson, OT
13. Buccaneers - Johnathan Banks, CB
14. Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT
15. Saints - Jarvis Jones LB (Saints take medical risks)
16. Rams - Keenan Allen, WR
17. Steelers - Sharrif Floyd, DT (Perfect size to be a 3-4 DE in their scheme)
18. Cowboys - Johnathan Hankins, DT (They did take a hit at the position with the loss of Josh Brent)

Of course, none of this factors in trades but I feel at least 80% of these players will go before our pick.

Carter.525
01-31-2013, 08:46 AM
teams will reach for QBs early.. I think Lane Johnson or Sheldon Richardson could be there at #19

Kruunch
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't even attempt this until after the Combine. The boards will change drastically after the Top 10 (or possibly Top 5).