PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think of bringing in Glenn Dorsey for a fairly cheap contract???

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 08:39 AM
Dorseys basically been a big bust for KC, and is now a FA, but his skill set has always been more suited for a 4/3 and maybe changing systems would be able to get him on track.. Its a worthwile gamble, as hes still young, and we have yet to see em in a base 4/3 , and we could use a young DT with Austin looking like a bust, and bernard a FA, and Canty getting up there in age..

Also, DT would be a positon we could focus on less in draft.. I think its worth the gamble and the money lines up...

Buddy333
01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
As long as he comes really cheap. They have a problem with depth at DT.

Carter.525
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
yes.. this would be a good fit for Dorsey.. He needs a change of scenery

TheEnigma
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/02/secret-superstar-tyson-jackson-and-glenn-dorsey-des-kansas-city-chiefs/

Gives a little more perspective into how Dorsey works in KC. Since we have issues against the run, he could be an underrated FA pickup for a team needing help there.

slipknottin
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
He plays almost all 2 gap. But when they need guys to go 1 gap and get up field after the QB, he comes off the field.

Odd that that is almost the exact opposite of what he was drafted to do, but I really don't think he has any untapped upside in pass rush ability.

Giants stop the run however with penetration, not 2 gapping. So I'm not sure he is a fit at all

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
As long as he comes really cheap. They have a problem with depth at DT. I'd imagine he can't be 2 expensive, as hes been pretty much a bust so far.. The only thing saving em is that he can use he played in a scheme not suited to his strengths, but that will only garner him so much more money, i'd imagine..

A couple other guys that intrest me are Sammie Lee Hill DT Lions, Wallace Gilberry DE Bengals, Ej Biggers CB Bucs, Derek Cox CB Jags, Darius Butler CB Colts, and others as well, but these are some possibly affordable guys i think could help us focus on other positons in the draft...

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 09:13 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/02/secret-superstar-tyson-jackson-and-glenn-dorsey-des-kansas-city-chiefs/

Gives a little more perspective into how Dorsey works in KC. Since we have issues against the run, he could be an underrated FA pickup for a team needing help there. Thats what i was thinking... I'm not saying go crazy to get the guy or anything, but in a pinch, could be a jerry reese special, and be a underrated cheapish FA signing that comes in and helps Giants with there pedestrian Run defense...

GameTime
01-31-2013, 02:13 PM
He plays almost all 2 gap. But when they need guys to go 1 gap and get up field after the QB, he comes off the field.

Odd that that is almost the exact opposite of what he was drafted to do, but I really don't think he has any untapped upside in pass rush ability.

Giants stop the run however with penetration, not 2 gapping. So I'm not sure he is a fit at all
From my veiw the Giants really dont stop the run at all.....I dont care what gap they use....

shocknaweny
01-31-2013, 02:21 PM
I think he would be worth bringing in at a reasonable contract.

TCHOF
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM

The Giants stop the run?

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 02:45 PM
From my veiw the Giants really dont stop the run at all.....I dont care what gap they use....

Or what gaps the can't plug :rolleyes:

giantscolombia
01-31-2013, 04:21 PM
The Giants stop the run?

hahahah nice!

just like the two scrub running backs that mauled us for like 400 yrds a pop when we needed to win games....

smh

JesseJames
01-31-2013, 06:19 PM
does anybody know anything as to why Dorsey didn't transition from being a star in college to being a good DT in the pros, whats his problem..

Drez
01-31-2013, 06:44 PM
does anybody know anything as to why Dorsey didn't transition from being a star in college to being a good DT in the pros, whats his problem..Read the article posted above.

slipknottin
01-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Read the article posted above.

article doesnt answer that question though.

From what Ive watched, Dorsey is not very good moving laterally, and struggles to create separation between himself and the OL, and I have never seen much of a burst from him. He does have a much better ability to anchor than people think though.

To make it simple, imagine Dorsey coming out of college added another 50 pounds, and you have what he is now. I dont know if he added any weight, but thats how he plays.

giantsfan420
01-31-2013, 10:04 PM
that article enigma shared was a good read. it makes me think that having Dorsey pre-occupy the OL could free up the LB's to attack downhill the Spread Option offense. Could be a good signing. It'd be interesting if we could get him on the cheap when KC had to pay top dollar for him lol.

Morehead State
01-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Dorseys basically been a big bust for KC, and is now a FA, but his skill set has always been more suited for a 4/3 and maybe changing systems would be able to get him on track.. Its a worthwile gamble, as hes still young, and we have yet to see em in a base 4/3 , and we could use a young DT with Austin looking like a bust, and bernard a FA, and Canty getting up there in age..

Also, DT would be a positon we could focus on less in draft.. I think its worth the gamble and the money lines up...
In a heart beat.

slipknottin
01-31-2013, 10:35 PM
that article enigma shared was a good read. it makes me think that having Dorsey pre-occupy the OL could free up the LB's to attack downhill the Spread Option offense. Could be a good signing. It'd be interesting if we could get him on the cheap when KC had to pay top dollar for him lol.

Except that isnt at all what the giants ask their DL to do.

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 11:09 PM
that article enigma shared was a good read. it makes me think that having Dorsey pre-occupy the OL could free up the LB's to attack downhill the Spread Option offense. Could be a good signing. It'd be interesting if we could get him on the cheap when KC had to pay top dollar for him lol. Ya, its a really good read.. I think he'd be a fine additon to our run defense and i think he'd be extra motivated to show hes not a bust ... Add that in with price, and it seems like a Jerry Reese special..

JesseJames
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
after reading the article it seems Dorsey is more a run stopper than a pass rusher, well run stopping is exactly the kind of help our Dline needs, the Giants don't usually get much passrush from the DT anyway but what they do need is help stopping the run

river555
02-02-2013, 11:13 AM
On some websites he is considered a Top 50 free agent, so i doubt he will come cheap.