PDA

View Full Version : g-men news per kffl.com

ryan12
01-31-2013, 08:56 AM
Giants | OT could be first-round option
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:54:44 -0800

The New York Giants could consider taking an offensive tackle in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, but general manager Jerry Reese usually takes the best player available which may be a defensive player.

Share: | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Ohm Youngmisuk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giants | Expected to try to bring back two linemen
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:53:46 -0800

The New York Giants are expected to try to re-sign impending free-agent OT William Beatty and OG Kevin Boothe this offseason to maintain stability on the offensive line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl/new-york-giants#ixzz2JYrFlGbm

im happy to hear that they are going after boothe and beatty the 2 best olinemen last year. beatty wont be cheap

Kruunch
01-31-2013, 08:59 AM
Giants | OT could be first-round option
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:54:44 -0800

The New York Giants could consider taking an offensive tackle in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, but general manager Jerry Reese usually takes the best player available which may be a defensive player.

Translation: The Giants might do this if they don't do that but they usually don't do this so they'll probably do that.

God I hate the offseason.

Captain Chaos
01-31-2013, 08:59 AM
I would like them to sign Beatty and get either a DE or CB in the first round.

ryan12
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
i think de and cb should be 1st two picks. we can get lineman in free agency or give james brewer a shot. a line that looks like

beatty boothe baas snee brewer/free agent. would be a decent to good line... JUST CUT DIEHL

Flip Empty
01-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Translation: The Giants might do this if they don't do that but they usually don't do this so they'll probably do that.

Indeed. These articles are about nothing.

PBTimmons
01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm not in favor of re-signing Boothe. Just doesn't play at a top level consistently. Plus he will be 30.

Jahh
01-31-2013, 09:53 AM
bpa + need. bpa alone is a myth.

TheEnigma
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fz-IBqEPUjA/SawhY1u-97I/AAAAAAAAAAU/dGz-aMhFaY0/s400/smoke+screen.jpg

TCHOF
01-31-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm not in favor of re-signing Boothe. Just doesn't play at a top level consistently. Plus he will be 30.

Who do you want to replace him?

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Who do you want to replace him? Sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do in order to save money and hope ur right about him being 30 and not playing hard every play(just using timmons opinion)... U can't always just say "this guy did decent for us last yr, were resigning him adn taking nothing else into consideration".. Sometimes u gotta letta guy go and find a cheaper alternative and hope he plays as well or better or draft a guy and start em..etc It all depends on what your priorities are..

TheEnigma
01-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Who do you want to replace him?

It's really less of a who will replace him and more of how much he's going to ask for to come back. We don't need to tie up too much money into the Guard position.

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
I think the giants might legitally have hopes in getting Lane Johnson at pick 19...

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
It's really less of a who will replace him and more of how much he's going to ask for to come back. We don't need to tie up too much money into the Guard position. Not with the money we got tied up in Baas at Center...

ryan12
01-31-2013, 10:22 AM
i dont think boothe will demand a big contract. and he is a solid player not great but solid. beatty played his *** off this year and is a lt which will demand a big contract

JesseJames
01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
the Giants always seem to draft someone none of us expect them to draft

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
i think de and cb should be 1st two picks. we can get lineman in free agency or give james brewer a shot. a line that looks like

beatty boothe baas snee brewer/free agent. would be a decent to good line... JUST CUT DIEHL

Brewer? The guy that couldn't beat out a guy as terrible as Diehl?

Beatty is definitely a must re-sign. Franchise tag if no deal is reached.
Boothe I am in favor of offering a short 2-3 year deal despite his age. Just don't offer too much.
I don't like Baas at all, but his cap situation is such that we're stuck with him for the duration of his contract.

RT is the big position we can improve upon. If Lane Johnson is available we better freaking take him. Even if Johnson, Ansah, and Ogletree are available, we better freaking take Johnson.

DE I just don't see as that important to spend a 1st on. If we get rid of Osi and maybe force Tuck to give up his captain status, Ojomo will get some playing time finally...

G-Men Surg.
01-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Not with the money we got tied up in Baas at Center...

And Snee's contract and with Deihl in his final year of his contract.

Carter.525
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
I think the giants might legitally have hopes in getting Lane Johnson at pick 19...

I'm down..

DownWitJPP
01-31-2013, 10:52 AM

God I hate the offseason. LOL...was thinking the same thing, these so called "news" articles are terrible in the off-season

ibbill
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM

Perfect analysis to funny.

drewz
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Tackle? No

Guard? Yes please..

gmen0820
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
My sources are telling me that we plan on re-signing and drafting players this year. They're pretty credible, but take it with a grain of salt.

ibbill
01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
My sources are telling me that we plan on re-signing and drafting players this year. They're pretty credible, but take it with a grain of salt.

Sir you have now finished any more talk about who or what. Your insight and source have now been credited with PROBLEM SOLVED well done. <G>

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
I would like them to sign Beatty and get either a DE or CB in the first round.

a real MLB would be great, too.