PDA

View Full Version : Question

egyptian420
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Ok, so we know that our needs are OL, DL, LB, and CB, but which position do you guys think we address in FA and what do you think we address in the draft?

Personally, I hope we address any of them in the draft except OL. I'd rather us bring in a veteran and hope to land another Locklear.

DownWitJPP
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
If it was me I'd draft another CB in the first. We were getting torched in the secondary. If Webby doesn't restructure he is also most likely gone. I don't feel comfortable with our corners being only Prince and Hosely. We need a new MLB and SLB, DT, maybe a DE to replace Osi, and RT...comes down to who is the best player available

egyptian420
01-31-2013, 02:46 PM
If it was me I'd draft another CB in the first. We were getting torched in the secondary. If Webby doesn't restructure he is also most likely gone. I don't feel comfortable with our corners being only Prince and Hosely. We need a new MLB and SLB, DT, maybe a DE to replace Osi, and RT...comes down to who is the best player availableSo many holes on this team, surprised we were able to win 9 games

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Ok, so we know that our needs are OL, DL, LB, and CB, but which position do you guys think we address in FA and what do you think we address in the draft?

Personally, I hope we address any of them in the draft except OL. I'd rather us bring in a veteran and hope to land another Locklear.

I'm in the Oline first camp. A short term deal for an established right tackle and a mid round draft Olineman would work for me

TheEnigma
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't get the fascination with an early round RT myself considering any of them who would be good at the position are much better slated to play on the blind side. Outside of the top 3, the RTs in the 2-4 range either have questionable speed and agility for the edge or have some injury concerns. Here's hoping for some front 7 help on the D.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
I don't get the fascination with an early round RT myself considering any of them who would be good at the position are much better slated to play on the blind side. Outside of the top 3, the RTs in the 2-4 range either have questionable speed and agility for the edge or have some injury concerns. Here's hoping for some front 7 help on the D.

We need two better than average tackles and we already have one. RT/LT comes down to who's better on which side. I'm also concerned about our OLine depth in general

Carter.525
01-31-2013, 03:28 PM
I try and get a free agent RT.. and draft alot of defense

Cloud57
01-31-2013, 03:30 PM
So many holes on this team, surprised we were able to win 9 gamesI don't think all these holes can be fixed in one year.

TheEnigma
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
We need two better than average tackles and we already have one. RT/LT comes down to who's better on which side. I'm also concerned about our OLine depth in general

But do we need to invest an early round selection to get an above average OT? Lots of RTs in this league are mid to late round selections. It would be ashame if we took an OT in the 1st that isn't named Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson.

I do agree with your thought on getting more Oline depth though, especially in the interior.

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
But do we need to invest an early round selection to get an above average OT? Lots of RTs in this league are mid to late round selections. It would be ashame if we took an OT in the 1st that isn't named Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson.

I do agree with your thought on getting more Oline depth though, especially in the interior.

Not if we bring in a short term veteran. On defense, and I realize I am in the minority here, we have young players in Tracy and Ojomo that I think we can rely on especially with Tuck and Kiwanuka staying this season. Fortunately. Jerry Reese is not returning my calls :cool:

Kase-1
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
I honestly dont think we'll spend fa money outside of our fa's. Beatty and Cruz are def our top priorities, but i wouldnt mind another OT, CB, or DL, even a safety as long as it isnt in the 1st 2 rounds

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 04:27 PM
I think we should draft OL first round, MLB in 2nd or 3rd, OLB depth and a kicker in later rounds.

In FA, primary re-signings should be Beatty, Cruz, and Rivers (only if we can get him for cheaper though). Pick up a CB in free agency (DRC would be one possibility, but only if the price is right). Cut Boley, Diehl, and TT.

DE we should let Ojomo get in on the action on rotations and develop him into a starter, with Kiwi starting for the time being opposite JPP.

ibbill
01-31-2013, 04:55 PM
Not if we bring in a short term veteran. On defense, and I realize I am in the minority here, we have young players in Tracy and Ojomo that I think we can rely on especially with Tuck and Kiwanuka staying this season. Fortunately. Jerry Reese is not returning my calls :cool:

Stop calling him collect.

Toadofsteel
01-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Seriously, who even uses collect calling these days? Damn old man :P

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Stop calling him collect.

Damn

RoanokeFan
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM

I kept hearing these annoying tones which I must have mistaken for shrieking

ibbill
01-31-2013, 05:07 PM

I still have a black rotary phone.My one finger is shorter than it use to be now that all the phone numbers have so many numbers.<VBG>

JesseJames
01-31-2013, 05:49 PM
I really think the decision to not give Ojomo and or Tracy some playing time last season was a mistake. With Tuck in obvious decline and the impending loss of Osi these guys may have to be depended on next year and a little experience might have helped them along in the learning curve

egyptian420
01-31-2013, 08:04 PM
I really think the decision to not give Ojomo and or Tracy some playing time last season was a mistake. With Tuck in obvious decline and the impending loss of Osi these guys may have to be depended on next year and a little experience might have helped them along in the learning curveI agree with this 100%.... I can't remember whether or not Ojomo was injured for a while but I really wish we would've seen them get more action so we could get a good idea of what we need to address in the draft.

Right now both of these guys are question marks. Fans are divided on whether or not we should gamble and hope that at least one of them pan out next year or draft a DE.

Kruunch
02-01-2013, 08:51 AM
I would think if we go FA anywhere it would be at LB due to our cap situation and that's the cheapest position to FA (past Special Teams).

I tend to agree with RF in that we have Kiwi, Tuck, JPP, Ojomo and Tracy available as DEs in 2013 and that would suffice enough for us to address more pressing needs in this year's draft (I'd be more worried about DT for instance).

But it will also depend on where the chips fall in the first round.

Redeyejedi
02-01-2013, 09:02 AM
I would think if we go FA anywhere it would be at LB due to our cap situation and that's the cheapest position to FA (past Special Teams).

I tend to agree with RF in that we have Kiwi, Tuck, JPP, Ojomo and Tracy available as DEs in 2013 and that would suffice enough for us to address more pressing needs in this year's draft (I'd be more worried about DT for instance).

But it will also depend on where the chips fall in the first round. They need to improve the pass rush in some way I dont care where it comes from. they need to get more pressure on the QB. If they take a DT early this year we know they have absolutely no confidence in Marvin Austin