PDA

View Full Version : "Braylon is a me-first person"

Providence
04-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.</P>

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).</P>

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?</P>

MattMeyerBud
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards.* I am curious how peolpe know this?* Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland?* That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me.* What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers?* Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded?* Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?!* That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.</P>

The point is this, just because a player at one time or another*has a*"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).</P>

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?</P>

cmon prov... there is ALOT of hypocracy coming from posters on this board, you know that.

Bleedin Blue Since '62
04-16-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.</P>

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).</P>

cmon prov... there is ALOT of<FONT size=5> hypocracy</FONT> coming from posters on this board, you know that.</P>

</P>

as well as spelling errors! Sorry Matt[:D] I couldn't resist.</P>

MattMeyerBud
04-16-2009, 11:05 AM
i am THEE worst speller ever..

plus add in my big fingers on a tiny keyboard and typing too fast... im lucky anybody can make out my posts

Providence
04-16-2009, 11:26 AM

cmon prov... there is ALOT of hypocracy coming from posters on this board, you know that.</P>

No doubt about that, I just wish people were more aware of it (who knows maybe even one day they would think twice about doing it).</P>

dlivesay
04-16-2009, 11:32 AM
attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year?

I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing.

I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.

MattMeyerBud
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year?

I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing.

I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.

those pedestrian numbers were with a sub par QB and o would of made him our #1 WR lsat year by far

bandwgn86
04-16-2009, 11:51 AM

</P>

How do you feel about Ocho?? very similar stuationthat Ocho's been in.. except forOcho'sbeen frustrated for alot longer than Edwards has.</P>

i would say yes to Edwards in a heartbeat..it would be silly notto add talent to an already talented team.</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards.* I am curious how peolpe know this?* Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland?* That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me.* What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers?* Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded?* Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?!* That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.</P>

The point is this, just because a player at one time or another*has a*"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).</P>

</P>

How do you feel about Ocho?? very similar stuation*that Ocho's been in.. except for*Ocho's*been frustrated for alot longer than Edwards has.</P>

i would say yes to Edwards in a heartbeat..it would be silly not*to add talent to an already talented team.*</P>

*</P>

im with u bw...

get me ocho, boldin, or bray bray ... we need one of em

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Bray Bray or Boldin.

I don't want Ocho

dlivesay
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM

those pedestrian numbers were with a sub par QB and o would of made him our #1 WR lsat year by far
that's not the issue IMO. for that matter desean jackson would have been the best WR on the team. would you give up a 1 and 3 for him?

the issue is: can this guy command safety help so they aren't looking at 8 in the box all the time? I think he can, but I don't think he's the sure thing you guys think he is, and there's money and picks involved to complicate things.

MattMeyerBud
04-16-2009, 12:16 PM

that's not the issue IMO. for that matter desean jackson would have been the best WR on the team. would you give up a 1 and 3 for him?

the issue is: can this guy command safety help so they aren't looking at 8 in the box all the time? I think he can, but I don't think he's the sure thing you guys think he is, and there's money and picks involved to complicate things.

I def think he demands saftey help. When he didn't, did u see what he did to us personally. Then we brought saftey help and he still raped us.

We don't need a DeSean Jackson type WR imo.

J-GuN24
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM

</P>

As long as he shows up to practice<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana>Voluntary and involuntary </FONT></FONT>, Does not go to any club with the word latin in it, Does not carry a unregistered gun, and does not shoot himself, im all right with him being selfish.! Handsdown he will make the team BETTER</P>

dlivesay
04-16-2009, 12:33 PM

I def think he demands saftey help. When he didn't, did u see what he did to us personally. Then we brought saftey help and he still raped us.

We don't need a DeSean Jackson type WR imo.
oh, he looked like a god in that game, no question. that was one of those perfect storm games where the browns HAD to win to keep their season alive. his other 15 games....not so much.

again, I personally would pull the trigger on a first and third for edwards. I'd also say that there's some risk involved. but he does have a nose for the end zone, and that's a huge plus.

Providence
04-16-2009, 12:40 PM

attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year? I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing. I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.</P>

Exactly, any reason not to bring Edwards here would be performance based (which I think are legitimate concerns). Attitude concerns are bogus at best.</P>

And to respond to the other poster, no I don't want Ocho Cinco. He's become injury prone and we don't need that. Boldin would br great, but Edwards is like 5 years younger and there is a lot to be said about that.</P>

RagTime Blue
04-16-2009, 12:40 PM
You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way.

But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.

MattMeyerBud
04-16-2009, 12:41 PM
i think its just as unfair to call Chad injury prone tho.

He missed 3 games in a season where he shouldn't of even played because of one shoulder surgery, he played all 16 games for the previous 6 years

Providence
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.</P>

Racism is quite unfortunatelyalive and well, no doubt about that. </P>

Providence
04-16-2009, 01:12 PM
i think its just as unfair to call Chad injury prone tho. He missed 3 games in a season where he shouldn't of even played because of one shoulder surgery, he played all 16 games for the previous 6 years</P>

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem. The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.</P>

bluemagic
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
How many people here are me first when it comes to their jobs?</P>

Its cutthroat these days.</P>

bandwgn86
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
i think its just as unfair to call Chad injury prone tho. He missed 3 games in a season where he shouldn't of even played because of one shoulder surgery, he played all 16 games for the previous 6 years</P>

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem. The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.</P>

</P>

the only one that really matter when age is in question is knees or ankles and as far as i know he hasn't been bothered with either....i see him like TO he'll be very productive well into his 30's </P>

dlivesay
04-16-2009, 01:43 PM

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem.* The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.</P>

</P>

the only one that really matter when age is in question is knees or ankles and as far as i know he hasn't been bothered with either....i see him like TO he'll be very productive well into his 30's </P>
I don't see him as a TO, who is a physical speciman and always keeps himself in great shape.

ocho is one of those guys like lee evans from buffalo- 75% of their stats are from 3 or 4 games. he's too streaky for my tastes. also, he always had housh on the other side that the defense had to account for.

besides, it scares me to think what he might do in a town like NYC with the spotlight on him.

bandwgn86
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM

</P>

I don't see him as a TO, who is a physical speciman and always keeps himself in great shape. ocho is one of those guys like lee evans from buffalo- 75% of their stats are from 3 or 4 games. he's too streaky for my tastes. also, he always had housh on the other side that the defense had to account for. besides, it scares me to think what he might do in a town like NYC with the spotlight on him.</P>

if that is true over his carreer hes had some real major 3 or 4 games than..</P>

not that i wanna turn this ontoa Ocho thread but i will say this..Ocho made Housh not the other way around.. </P>

dlivesay
04-16-2009, 02:07 PM

My choice of words was poor, the point I was trying to make is that Ocho Cinco is getting to an age were injuries are more of a reality and more of a problem.* The shoulder one was a big one too, might not be gone for good.</P>

</P>

I don't see him as a TO, who is a physical speciman and always keeps himself in great shape. ocho is one of those guys like lee evans from buffalo- 75% of their stats are from 3 or 4 games. he's too streaky for my tastes. also, he always had housh on the other side that the defense had to account for. besides, it scares me to think what he might do in a town like NYC with the spotlight on him.</P>

if that is true over his carreer hes had some real major 3 or 4 games than..</P>

not that i wanna turn this onto*a Ocho thread but i will say this..Ocho made Housh not the other way around.. </P>
moot point. with housh gone, I doubt he's going anywhere.

SehornIsGod
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM

</P>

Ugh.... I can't stand the race card, I really can't. </P>

Has absolutely NOTHING to do with being black. It has everythingto do with being a WR - the most selfish players on the field. I don't know one selfish RB, and 99.9% of them are black in the NFL. It's not a black-white thing, it's a confidence thing - and many WR's go out thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread. Hey, whatever works for you... Terrell Owens may be a bit "crazy", but he's a Hall of Fame WR. I'd name a selfish white NFL WR, but I honestly can't name one.</P>

Eli was BASHED and BASHED for what he did the day of the Draft. Brett Favre was criticized IMMENSELY for the BS he pulled this past season.... he pretty much tarnished his career by his actions. Guy was a god, now no one will ever look at him the same. Eli's Draft day demands will haunt him his entire career. If he hadn't been part of a Super Bowl team, he'd probably be a free agent in 2010. Or we may have traded him for Cutler - who knows...</P>

Braylon Edwards has said he thinks the fans in Cleveland hate him because he's from Michigan - THAT'S IT. Mangini wants to clean house, and since Edwards IS still a bit of a mystery (great in 2007, awful in 2008), he figures he might as well bring in his own guys sooner rather than later. Edwards will likely be gone in 2010 since his rookie contract expires - might as well get some draft picks in arguably the best WR-laden draft of all time.</P>

Roosevelt
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.</p>

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).</p>

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?</p>

After what we've gone through the last two years with Shockey and Burress I think it's perfectly fine to be a leery of any player.

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.

SehornIsGod
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.</P>

</P>

If we're going to play this game, anyone know of any white NFL players who have been arrested in the past year not named Matt Jones....? We could have a whole list. Hey,maybe THAT'S why people bring up the black athlete thing....? </P>

I'm not disputing people aren't racist - many most certainly are. But some of us aren't. I've never rooted against a player because he's black. Obama is President of the United States... I think the American people have never been more sincerely open-minded in terms of race than we are right now.</P>

I'm typing this as I'm on my lunch break with my black friend, coincidentally... and he agrees 100%.</P>

JerseyGiant21
I don't know how many times I have seen this written in posts on these boards. I am curious how peolpe know this? Is it because he has been vocal about his lack of satisfaction with Cleveland? That's a pretty weak reason if you ask me. What about when Eli flat out refused to be drafted by the Chargers? Isn't that more selfish than expressing interest in being traded? Seriously, an unproven, unsigend, rookie QB was telling the team drafting him he didn't want to play for them?! That is beyond selfish and dwarfs anything Edwards has done.</p>

The point is this, just because a player at one time or anotherhas a"me-first" attitude it doesn't mean we can't win a superbowl with him (like we did with Eli).</p>

Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?</p>

Maybe I'm just not here all that often anymore...but I haven't even really seen that said about Braylon around here...the he is a "me first person"....

Oh well...don't really think he is "me-first" btw...

Morehead State
I'm pretty much a "me first" poster.</P>

We need love too.</P>

JerseyGiant21
04-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty much a "me first" poster.</p>

We need love too.</p>

I wuv you

Roosevelt
04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.</p>

Racism is quite unfortunatelyalive and well, no doubt about that. </p>

Exactly. Giant fans surely were thinking about Phil Simms' blond hair and blue eyes when they were booing him every Sunday. And Chad Pennington must have felt extremely lucky to be white when his fans were cheering his injury.

It's 2009. Time to move forward and quit crying.

Providence
04-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Exactly. Giant fans surely were thinking about Phil Simms' blond hair and blue eyes when they were booing him every Sunday. And Chad Pennington must have felt extremely lucky to be white white when his fans were cheering his injury.

</P>

Oh gimme a break Roosie, that is a much different situation. We are going to get on any player that wears blue no matter what their skin color (and rightfully so). I am not saying Giant fans are racist and thatthey only cheer for white players and never give them any grief. My point is that calling Braylon "me-first" is a stereotypical comment that, in my opinion, is based on the fact that he is a young, black WR.</P>

You and Sehorn is God have taken my comment and applied it in a much broader way (i.e. that the same people who call Braylon "me-first" wouldn't hate on Eli because he is white). That is a huge generalization! My point is much more simple and direct: Calling Braylon a selfish guy has more to do with the color of his skin than his actual behavior.</P>

Also, for the record just because Obama is president doesn't mean racism is gone. And you're right, it is 2009, one would think these issues are behind us, but one would be wrong, very wrong. Additionally, Sehorn is God, just because you have a black friend that agrees with you does that make you right? I have several black friends who would disagree with you, so what does that mean?</P>

bandwgn86
04-16-2009, 04:27 PM
i'm guessin this thread will be deleted soon.. </P>

</P>

JesseJames
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM

its starting to look like half the players in the NFL have me-first attitudes or should I say money-first attitudes...

MattMeyerBud
04-16-2009, 04:32 PM

*</P>

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/meyerbud/mmb.gif

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
i'm guessin this thread will be deleted soon.. </p>

</p>

:shakes head in disappointment:

bandwgn86
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM

</P>

:shakes head in disappointment:
</P>

atleast this much we can agree about....lol</P>

Cuban Pete
04-16-2009, 04:38 PM
how does being a me first player have anything to do with racism? Lets all be adults now people...

daynemustgo
04-16-2009, 04:43 PM

</P>

Color is moot. Whether or not true, he's perceived as young and selfish. He could bekelly greenor magenta for all I care.</P>

Roosevelt
04-16-2009, 05:59 PM
You make a VERY good point. . .I never really thought about it that way. But you have to admit, how often have you heard a white Major League Baseball player booed by his own fans? If you don't think racism is real, you're just not paying attention.</p>

Exactly. Giant fans surely were thinking about Phil Simms' blond hair and blue eyes when they were booing him every Sunday. And Chad Pennington must have felt extremely lucky to be white white when his fans were cheering his injury.

</p>

Oh gimme a break Roosie, that is a much different situation. We are going to get on any player that wears blue no matter what their skin color (and rightfully so). I am not saying Giant fans are racist and thatthey only cheer for white players and never give them any grief. My point is that calling Braylon "me-first" is a stereotypical comment that, in my opinion, is based on the fact that he is a young, black WR.</p>

You and Sehorn is God have taken my comment and applied it in a much broader way (i.e. that the same people who call Braylon "me-first" wouldn't hate on Eli because he is white). That is a huge generalization! My point is much more simple and direct: Calling Braylon a selfish guy has more to do with the color of his skin than his actual behavior.</p>

Also, for the record just because Obama is president doesn't mean racism is gone. And you're right, it is 2009, one would think these issues are behind us, but one would be wrong, very wrong. Additionally, Sehorn is God, just because you have a black friend that agrees with you does that make you right? I have several black friends who would disagree with you, so what does that mean?</p>

The one thing I've always been proud about with sports is it's color-blindnesses. The only color that matters is the uniform color.

I don't know anything about Edwards so I can't comment on him. But other than the obvious slime who pop up once in a while, I haven't witnessed any unfair bias based on race.

Look at Shockey as another example. Did we beat on any Giant more than that guy?

Obama as president only speaks volumes how far we've come as a country. Yes we're still divided, but that's only natural given our relatively young age as a nation.

BTW, how do you think everyone would have reacted had Bush given the order to kill those 3 African teenagers holding that Captain hostage? ;)

loaded30
04-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Are there real reasons that Edwards' attitude will stop us from being successful or are people just type-casting him because he is a young, black WR?</P> attitude? I don't think so. didn't he pledge something like a million dollars for college scholarships for cleveland kids last year? I think the issue is that he's really only had one good year. his rookie year was cut short because of a knee injury. 61-884-6 his second year, pretty pedestrian. he had a great 3rd year and last year was disappointing. I'm not sure you're getting the 1,000 yard 10 TD guarantee you got when you had plax. would I still give up a 1 and 3 for him? well...yes i would. but theres risk involved, don't kid yourself.I 2nd matt, look at david carr he did well when he came in to play. why u say, we got a good overall team. not like the texans or the browns.

SehornIsGod
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM

</P>

Oh gimme a break Roosie, that is a much different situation. We are going to get on any player that wears blue no matter what their skin color (and rightfully so). I am not saying Giant fans are racist and thatthey only cheer for white players and never give them any grief. My point is that calling Braylon "me-first" is a stereotypical comment that, in my opinion, is based on the fact that he is a young, black WR.</P>

You and Sehorn is God have taken my comment and applied it in a much broader way (i.e. that the same people who call Braylon "me-first" wouldn't hate on Eli because he is white). That is a huge generalization! My point is much more simple and direct: Calling Braylon a selfish guy has more to do with the color of his skin than his actual behavior.</P>

Also, for the record just because Obama is president doesn't mean racism is gone. And you're right, it is 2009, one would think these issues are behind us, but one would be wrong, very wrong. Additionally, Sehorn is God, just because you have a black friend that agrees with you does that make you right? I have several black friends who would disagree with you, so what does that mean?</P>

</P>

It meansI can actually see thingsnot asan idealist, but as a realist.I could care less if someone you know agrees or disagrees, to be honest. It'slegitimate context to my argument and I live my life as a well-informed, educated person who has real-life experience... not implying at all that YOU don't, but now you can't infer that I'm an ignorant idealist. I'm not implying that I'm "right" - it's an opinion.</P>

Your comment was completely out of line, for the record. You're implying that people are making comments about Braylon because of his skin color - that's the furthest thing from the truth. It has literaly NOTHING to do with the issue... I don't even know how anyone could even think that's remotely related to Braylon Edwards' supposed label of being a me-first player. </P>

A-Rod's a me-first player. Terrell Owens is a me-first player. Even Favre is a me-first player. Braylon Edwards has always appeared to be a total team player in my eyes - the only issue has been Ohio fans who resent his Michigan rival roots.... that's literally it. This kind of thinking of race being an issue is what holds our country back, I swear. Less people feel this way than the media has made you believe. I get along with anyone/everyone on an individual basis - it's rare that I meet someone on this planet who's simply THAT unlikeable/unsociable. </P>

Shockey = the ULTIMATE me-first player!!! My God, how many of us were glad to DUMP him last summer!!! =) The absolute perfect example... </P>

SehornIsGod
04-16-2009, 06:46 PM

</P>

The one thing I've always been proud about with sports is it's color-blindnesses. The only color that matters is the uniform color.

I don't know anything about Edwards so I can't comment on him. But other than the obvious slime who pop up once in a while, I haven't witnessed any unfair bias based on race.

Look at Shockey as another example. Did we beat on any Giant more than that guy?

Obama as president only speaks volumes how far we've come as a country. Yes we're still divided, but that's only natural given our relatively young age as a nation.

BTW, how do you think everyone would have reacted had Bush given the order to kill those 3 African teenagers holding that Captain hostage? ;)

</P>

Flawless post. Seriously.</P>

Btw, anyone hear anything bad about the War in Iraq lately...? I haven't! Hmmm...</P>

Morehead State
04-16-2009, 07:05 PM

</P>

</P>

I see your point. We can elect a President who will spend us into oblivion no matter what the color of his skin is.</P>

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM

</p>

Oh gimme a break Roosie, that is a much different situation. We are going to get on any player that wears blue no matter what their skin color (and rightfully so). I am not saying Giant fans are racist and thatthey only cheer for white players and never give them any grief. My point is that calling Braylon "me-first" is a stereotypical comment that, in my opinion, is based on the fact that he is a young, black WR.</p>

You and Sehorn is God have taken my comment and applied it in a much broader way (i.e. that the same people who call Braylon "me-first" wouldn't hate on Eli because he is white). That is a huge generalization! My point is much more simple and direct: Calling Braylon a selfish guy has more to do with the color of his skin than his actual behavior.</p>

Also, for the record just because Obama is president doesn't mean racism is gone. And you're right, it is 2009, one would think these issues are behind us, but one would be wrong, very wrong. Additionally, Sehorn is God, just because you have a black friend that agrees with you does that make you right? I have several black friends who would disagree with you, so what does that mean?</p>

</p>

I see your point. We can elect a President who will spend us into oblivion no matter what the color of his skin is.</p>

Sorry Morehead [:)]

NYGRealityCheck
04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I have another view of the me-first attitude.</P>

Edwards, Ocho Cinco and T.O were on teams that didn't make the playoffs.</P>

I'm pretty sure these guys would be fine with 0-1 catch in a game if their teams won the game.</P>

It's when they have 0-2 catches in a game and the team loses. That's what is setting these guys off.</P>

It all boils down to winning and losing.</P>

Morehead State
04-16-2009, 07:25 PM

</P>

</P>

I see your point. We can elect a President who will spend us into oblivion no matter what the color of his skin is.</P>

Sorry Morehead [:)]
</P>

I'm a frustrated supply sider.</P>

bandwgn86
04-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I have another view of the me-first attitude.</P>

Edwards, Ocho Cinco and T.O were on teams that didn't make the playoffs.</P>

I'm pretty sure these guys would be fine with 0-1 catch in a game if their teams won the game.</P>

It's when they have 0-2 catches in a game and the team loses. That's what is setting these guys off.</P>

It all boils down to winning and losing.</P>

</P>

yes that could be true...winning does solve alot of issues</P>

Roosevelt
04-16-2009, 08:14 PM

</p>

</p>

Flawless post. Seriously.</p>

Btw, anyone hear anything bad about the War in Iraq lately...? I haven't! Hmmm...</p>

Thanks.

As for Iraq, everything's great now. And sending more troops over to Afghanistan is of course totally justified.

Roosevelt
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM

</p>

</p>

I see your point. We can elect a President who will spend us into oblivion no matter what the color of his skin is.</p>

Exactly! But Bush and Obama are indeed more similar than we thought. They just spend our money in different places.

Morehead State
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM

</P>

</P>

Exactly! But Bush and Obama are indeed more similar than we thought. They just spend our money in different places.
</P>

yes they are. Obama is essentially Bush on steroids.</P>

Actually, they have spent our money on many of the same things. We all need to pull the reigns in on our runaway government. Both parties are guilty.</P>

Cags
04-16-2009, 09:07 PM

After what we've gone through the last two years with Shockey and Burress I think it's perfectly fine to be a leery of any player.

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.</P>

Very well said Roosevelt. Anytime you read Providence's posts you can expect him to play the race card thats what he does. Yawn</P>

Roosevelt
04-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.</p>

Very well said Roosevelt. Anytime you read Providence's posts you can expect him to play the race card thats what he does. Yawn</p>

Thanks.

He is predictable, I'll give you that.

NYGiantsSH
04-16-2009, 10:14 PM

</P>

go to www.braylonedwards.com (http://www.braylonedwards.com). The whole modeling thing strikes me as a bit out there...</P>

Providence
04-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.</P>

Very well said Roosevelt. Anytime you read Providence's posts you can expect him to play the race card thats what he does. Yawn</P>

Thanks.

</P>

Well you taught me something by saying that Roosie, I thought that even though we disagreed you could still see where I was coming from. Oh well, that's false hope for you. My point that you and Sehorn is God and all the other bar-room sociologists can't seem to pick up on was that just because someone is a me-first guy it doesn't mean we can't win with him. My claim was that Giants fans especially know this giving what happened with Eli. Yet, it seems like many on this board overlook that fact with Edwards, and I am curious if that is for any other reasons besides the fact that he is a young, black WR that has been typecasted. That was my post. Instead of hearing an intelligentresponse I got people trying to write me off saying that I was "playing the race card." We should call Braylon "me-first" just like we should call T.O me-first, Eli me-first, and Shockey me-first. But why is it that we seeminglycan'tsee that having a me first guy isn't necessarily bad with the situation with Braylon. I tend to think, based on my experiences with the subtle racism that persists on these boards that it may be due to his skin color.</P>

Whoever said Obama and Bush are the same needs to have their head examined. </P>

Roosevelt
04-17-2009, 03:05 PM

Eli got bashed pretty good - both here and in San Diego for that move. I don't see the need to play the race card.</p>

Very well said Roosevelt. Anytime you read Providence's posts you can expect him to play the race card thats what he does. Yawn</p>

Thanks.

</p>

Well you taught me something by saying that Roosie, I thought that even though we disagreed you could still see where I was coming from. Oh well, that's false hope for you. My point that you and Sehorn is God and all the other bar-room sociologists can't seem to pick up on was that just because someone is a me-first guy it doesn't mean we can't win with him. My claim was that Giants fans especially know this giving what happened with Eli. Yet, it seems like many on this board overlook that fact with Edwards, and I am curious if that is for any other reasons besides the fact that he is a young, black WR that has been typecasted. That was my post. Instead of hearing an intelligentresponse I got people trying to write me off saying that I was "playing the race card." We should call Braylon "me-first" just like we should call T.O me-first, Eli me-first, and Shockey me-first. But why is it that we seeminglycan'tsee that having a me first guy isn't necessarily bad with the situation with Braylon. I tend to think, based on my experiences with the subtle racism that persists on these boards that it may be due to his skin color.</p>

Whoever said Obama and Bush are the same needs to have their head examined. </p>

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I do not understand your point of view. But let me ask you, did you do any research on Braylon, or was this purely conjecture on your part? It seems to me you tried to latch on to something that simply wasn't there.

I refuted your "young black WR" point, by reminding you that it would be only natural for Giant fans to have grown tired of this me-first type attitude since the likes of Shockey and Burress. And I further proved you wrong by pointing out that Giant fans in no way limit their bashing to black players, as we saw with Eli and Shockey - and in the past with our SB MVP Phil Simms as well. The truth is performance and attitude are what matters most. Of course you can fixate on skin color if you want. But please don't cry when you're called out on it.

As for the me-first type player - I guess it works as long as they perform at a very high level. Once their performance drops, they're not worth the trouble any longer.

I coach 3 different youth sports. It's amazing (even at this level) how personalties (and parents) can affect your team. As an example, here I have this kid with the size and talent to dominate at center, but I can't get the kid to show up for practice. Or I have a talented kid who shows up but just doesn't take it that seriously. Bottom line is I can't even imagine what it must be like dealing with 53 personalities on a roster.

And lastly, I'll let you in on a little secret about George Bush - he was certainly no conservative. [;)]

Providence
04-21-2009, 04:02 PM

Thanks.

</P>

Well you taught me something by saying that Roosie, I thought that even though we disagreed you could still see where I was coming from. Oh well, that's false hope for you. My point that you and Sehorn is God and all the other bar-room sociologists can't seem to pick up on was that just because someone is a me-first guy it doesn't mean we can't win with him. My claim was that Giants fans especially know this giving what happened with Eli. Yet, it seems like many on this board overlook that fact with Edwards, and I am curious if that is for any other reasons besides the fact that he is a young, black WR that has been typecasted. That was my post. Instead of hearing an intelligentresponse I got people trying to write me off saying that I was "playing the race card." We should call Braylon "me-first" just like we should call T.O me-first, Eli me-first, and Shockey me-first. But why is it that we seeminglycan'tsee that having a me first guy isn't necessarily bad with the situation with Braylon. I tend to think, based on my experiences with the subtle racism that persists on these boards that it may be due to his skin color.</P>

Whoever said Obama and Bush are the same needs to have their head examined. </P>

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I do not understand your point of view. But let me ask you, did you do any research on Braylon, or was this purely conjecture on your part? It seems to me you tried to latch on to something that simply wasn't there.

I refuted your "young black WR" point, by reminding you that it would be only natural for Giant fans to have grown tired of this me-first type attitude since the likes of Shockey and Burress. And I further proved you wrong by pointing out that Giant fans in no way limit their bashing to black players, as we saw with Eli and Shockey - and in the past with our SB MVP Phil Simms as well. The truth is performance and attitude are what matters most. Of course you can fixate on skin color if you want. But please don't cry when you're called out on it.

As for the me-first type player - I guess it works as long as they perform at a very high level. Once their performance drops, they're not worth the trouble any longer.

I coach 3 different youth sports. It's amazing (even at this level) how personalties (and parents) can affect your team. As an example, here I have this kid with the size and talent to dominate at center, but I can't get the kid to show up for practice. Or I have a talented kid who shows up but just doesn't take it that seriously. Bottom line is I can't even imagine what it must be like dealing with 53 personalities on a roster.

And lastly, I'll let you in on a little secret about George Bush - he was certainly no conservative. [;)]
</P>

I don't see how you can prove me wrong when all I did was express an opinion, which was, once again, that I don't understand why people are calling Braylon a "me-first guy." Perhaps I jumped to the conclusion that people are calling him that because he is young and black. Nevertheless, is that not a definite possibility, especially considering a lot of the underlying racism that exists on these boards?</P>

I agree that we, as Giants fan, will give heat to everyone not matter their skin color or if they even play for us (ie. the anti-Shockey threads you still seeand the ongoing Braylon threads). Nevertheless, it seems like people were a little quick to call Braylon "me-first." </P>

I didn't call you a racist by the way, or Sehorn is God a racist, I am just making a broader statement about the tone I see on this board all too frequently.</P>

And I will let you in on a secret too, Obama ain't that liberal.</P>

Morehead State
04-21-2009, 04:22 PM

Thanks.

</P>

</P>

I don't see how you can prove me wrong when all I did was express an opinion, which was, once again, that I don't understand why people are calling Braylon a "me-first guy." Perhaps I jumped to the conclusion that people are calling him that because he is young and black. Nevertheless, is that not a definite possibility, especially considering a lot of the underlying racism that exists on these boards?</P>

I agree that we, as Giants fan, will give heat to everyone not matter their skin color or if they even play for us (ie. the anti-Shockey threads you still seeand the ongoing Braylon threads). Nevertheless, it seems like people were a little quick to call Braylon "me-first." </P>

I didn't call you a racist by the way, or Sehorn is God a racist, I am just making a broader statement about the tone I see on this board all too frequently.</P>

</P>

You are officially a jaggoff with this racist nonsense.</P>

As a matter of fact if you are going to call someone a racist because they think Braylon is a selfish player, you should get the hell off these boards. No place for this.</P>

EVER!!</P>

</P>

Providence
04-21-2009, 04:27 PM

</P>

Thanks.

</P>

</P>

</P>

As a matter of fact if you are going to call someone a racist because they think Braylon is a selfish player, you should get the hell off these boards. No place for this.</P>

EVER!!</P>

</P>

</P>

Dude use your head, I am not calling any one person a racist, I am just saying that there are racist undertones that are on this board.</P>

Die-Hard
04-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Racism and politics?

Get back on topic or all of you are going away, along with the thread. You guys have been here long enough to know better

Morehead State
04-21-2009, 04:38 PM

</P>

Thanks.

</P>

</P>

</P>

EVER!!</P>

</P>

</P>

Dude use your head, I am not calling any one person a racist, I am just saying that there are racist undertones that are on this board.</P>

</P>

Go Away!</P>

Roosevelt
04-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Thanks.

</p>

Well you taught me something by saying that Roosie, I thought that even though we disagreed you could still see where I was coming from. Oh well, that's false hope for you. My point that you and Sehorn is God and all the other bar-room sociologists can't seem to pick up on was that just because someone is a me-first guy it doesn't mean we can't win with him. My claim was that Giants fans especially know this giving what happened with Eli. Yet, it seems like many on this board overlook that fact with Edwards, and I am curious if that is for any other reasons besides the fact that he is a young, black WR that has been typecasted. That was my post. Instead of hearing an intelligentresponse I got people trying to write me off saying that I was "playing the race card." We should call Braylon "me-first" just like we should call T.O me-first, Eli me-first, and Shockey me-first. But why is it that we seeminglycan'tsee that having a me first guy isn't necessarily bad with the situation with Braylon. I tend to think, based on my experiences with the subtle racism that persists on these boards that it may be due to his skin color.</p>

Whoever said Obama and Bush are the same needs to have their head examined. </p>

</p>

I don't see how you can prove me wrong when all I did was express an opinion, which was, once again, that I don't understand why people are calling Braylon a "me-first guy." Perhaps I jumped to the conclusion that people are calling him that because he is young and black. Nevertheless, is that not a definite possibility, especially considering a lot of the underlying racism that exists on these boards?</p>

I agree that we, as Giants fan, will give heat to everyone not matter their skin color or if they even play for us (ie. the anti-Shockey threads you still seeand the ongoing Braylon threads). Nevertheless, it seems like people were a little quick to call Braylon "me-first." </p>

I didn't call you a racist by the way, or Sehorn is God a racist, I am just making a broader statement about the tone I see on this board all too frequently.</p>

And I will let you in on a secret too, Obama ain't that liberal.</p>

Presidents have this tendency to sway towards the center after winning elections.

I have to admit that I haven't followed the Braylon Edwards talk. I did peak in on his website however, and you have to admit that he's just a little bit full of himself.

BTW, I didn't take your comments to mean I or SIG was a racist.

Morehead State
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Rosie,</P>

I'm just trying to figure out why he thinks his race has anything to do with his selfishness(or lack of). Or why anyone else would.</P>

</P>

P.S. This President has done the opposite.</P>

Mod_N
04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Too political.