PDA

View Full Version : well we beat the Jets, are the coaches all safe now?

JesseJames
12-25-2011, 10:34 AM
just wondering, will the owners look at the big picture of this whole season and make their decision on that or just on yesterdays win over the Jets?

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 10:50 AM
What do you think?

TheReal_LT
12-25-2011, 12:31 PM
What do you think?

I think that they will all be back if we beat Dallas next week...If we lose maybe Fewell will be a casulty....or maybe Fewell stays because of the injuries...

Drez
12-25-2011, 12:52 PM
What do you think? I think that they will all be back if we beat Dallas next week...If we lose maybe Fewell will be a casulty....or maybe Fewell stays because of the injuries...</P>

Fewell isn't under contract for next season, so he might be gone unless the defense plays like it did yesterday next week and throughout a playoff run. Injuries certainlylimited what he could do, but there's issues schematically that go beyond that, imo.</P>

Coughlin probably bought himself a reprieve, so long as we actually show up for the Dallas game. So long as TC is here, KG is here, too. Honestly, even if TC gets fired, KG might even get brought on by the new HC, depending on who it is.</P>

FBomb
12-25-2011, 01:55 PM
No. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game this season TC and his staff will be gone.</P>

Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB is nothing. This team is consistantly inconsistant.....and it's getting old.</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 02:44 PM
No.* If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game this season TC and his staff will be gone.</P>

Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB is nothing.* This team is consistantly inconsistant.....and it's getting old.</P>

So if we destroy the Cowboys, win the NFC East and lose a close playoff game by one point, the coaching staff "will be gone"???

Your absolute, know-it-all statements just get dumber and dumber . . . . . .

barran21
12-25-2011, 02:47 PM
They need to win next week and that's not to say they can't get fired, I would love to dump Fewell if we can land Spags...

gumby742
12-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Short of the championship game they all need to go. Assuming that if they get that far it means that our team actually plays with some heart.

NYfanatic
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM
No, lose next week no doubt we need to fire the 3 goons.
We win and get blown out in the playoffs I could see 2/3 or 3/3 get fired.
We win a playoff game then 1/3 might be let lose.
Win 2 or the entire thing (Yea right) we keep all of them unless Coughlin (Hopefully) retires.
Which he might do no matter what.

TuckYou
12-25-2011, 04:31 PM
No. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game this season TC and his staff will be gone.</P>

Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB is nothing. This team is consistantly inconsistant.....and it's getting old.</P>

So if we destroy the Cowboys, win the NFC East and lose a close playoff game by one point, the coaching staff "will be gone"??? Your absolute, know-it-all statements just get dumber and dumber . . . . . .</P>

I agree with FBomb. They need to win one game in the playoffs. Other wise we arent improving or doing anything special. Our defense is one of the worst in the league, our offense is very inconsistant, we would be 3-5 in the second half, another collapse...</P>

There needs to be change or the same thing will happen over and over again until we do. </P>

Ive been saying I like Coughlin, especially since we have not had a losing season since 2004, but his time is getting short if we dont make a deep run soon. Players dont seem to respect him at times. </P>

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 06:50 PM

So if we destroy the Cowboys, win the NFC East and lose a close playoff game by one point, the coaching staff "will be gone"??? Your absolute, know-it-all statements just get dumber and dumber . . . . . .</P>

I agree with FBomb. They need to win one game in the playoffs. Other wise we arent improving or doing anything special. Our defense is one of the worst in the league, our offense is very inconsistant, we would be 3-5 in the second half, another collapse...</P>

There needs to be change or the same thing will happen over and over again until we do. </P>

Ive been saying I like Coughlin, especially since we have not had a losing season since 2004, but his time is getting short if we dont make a deep run soon. Players dont seem to respect him at times. </P>

</P>

I guess we'll see, huh?</P>

</P>

ELI_Iz_God
12-25-2011, 07:17 PM
No.* If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game this season TC and his staff will be gone.</P>

Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB is nothing.* This team is consistantly inconsistant.....and it's getting old.</P>

So if we destroy the Cowboys, win the NFC East and lose a close playoff game by one point, the coaching staff "will be gone"???

you make it sound like the coaching staff being gone to be a bad thing...The healthy future of this team depends on Tc and company getting canned. Think otherwise? ..then you have no vision

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I think Fewell needs to go regardless. Even though the defense played much better, his decision to wait until week 16 to simplify this defense is mind boggling at best and really makes me have to question if he has any common sense.

jhamburg
12-25-2011, 07:25 PM

I think you guys are confusing what you want to happen with what will happen.

Firenugget
12-25-2011, 07:45 PM
No. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game this season TC and his staff will be gone.</p>

Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB is nothing. This team is consistantly inconsistant.....and it's getting old.</p>

you make it sound like the coaching staff being gone to be a bad thing...The healthy future of this team depends on Tc and company getting canned. Think otherwise? ..then you have no vision

You think the players having to learn a completely new system is a good thing? With a QB in his prime and WR's producing? I'd agree that it would probably help our def and maybe ST's...But our offense would take a good 2 year step back into crapville.

Gianthunter
12-25-2011, 07:48 PM
It's going to look like Jonestown in here when nothing happens with Coughlin.

FBomb
12-25-2011, 07:55 PM

That is EXACTLY what I'm stating. And why is it only MY opinion that makes me a "know it all"? Everyone else can state what they believe yet somehow MY opinion makes me a know it all? Seems to me like you have a personal problem with me....that's fine. I don't really care...it's just something I'll keep in mind the next time and not bother trying to have any "real" conversations with you.</P>

</P>

FBomb
12-25-2011, 08:11 PM
It's going to look like Jonestown in here when nothing happens with Coughlin.</P>

Now have you ever known me to run away if I'm wrong?Granted, it's not very oftenthatit happens, but c'mon? I will be here *****ing about it to the heavens!!![:)]</P>

fletch842
12-25-2011, 08:19 PM
personally, I'm thinking that as long as we make a strong showing against the Cowboys,win or lose, the staff stays. Another no show will doom this regime.

Gianthunter
12-25-2011, 08:21 PM
It's going to look like Jonestown in here when nothing happens with Coughlin.</P>

Now have you ever known me to run away if I'm wrong?Granted, it's not very oftenthatit happens, but c'mon? I will be here *****ing about it to the heavens!!![:)]</P>Naaa it's all good. That was more a general statement on the "it's all coaching"lemmings.

SweetZombieJesus
12-25-2011, 08:40 PM
No. If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game this season TC and his staff will be gone.</p>

Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB is nothing. This team is consistantly inconsistant.....and it's getting old.</p>

So if we destroy the Cowboys, win the NFC East and lose a close playoff game by one point, the coaching staff "will be gone"??? Your absolute, know-it-all statements just get dumber and dumber . . . . . .</p>

I agree with FBomb. They need to win one game in the playoffs. Other wise we arent improving or doing anything special. Our defense is one of the worst in the league, our offense is very inconsistant, we would be 3-5 in the second half, another collapse...</p>

There needs to be change or the same thing will happen over and over again until we do. </p>

Ive been saying I like Coughlin, especially since we have not had a losing season since 2004, but his time is getting short if we dont make a deep run soon. Players dont seem to respect him at times. </p>

Exactly.

People need to stop being myopic and only looking at this year. We've got a coach in the 8th year of his tenure and a clear track record.

30-42 in Nov/Dec
3 first round playoff exits
no home playoff wins
no playoff wins outside of 2007

If those last two points don't get updated, auf wiedersehen.

FBomb
12-25-2011, 08:44 PM

Now have you ever known me to run away if I'm wrong?Granted, it's not very oftenthatit happens, but c'mon? I will be here *****ing about it to the heavens!!![:)]</P>

Naaa it's all good. That was more a general statement on the "it's all coaching"lemmings.</P>

This year, no it isn't all on the coaches. Injuries and execution play a big role in our record this year....but year after year we are falling short and it's because we consistantly lose games EVERY year that we have no business losing and Coughlin has no idea why it happens. </P>

FBomb
12-25-2011, 08:45 PM

Naaa it's all good. That was more a general statement on the "it's all coaching"lemmings.</P>

double post</P>

</P>

Gianthunter
12-25-2011, 09:00 PM

This year, no it isn't all on the coaches. Injuries and execution play a big role in our record this year....but year after year we are falling short and it's because we consistantly lose games EVERY year that we have no business losing and Coughlin has no idea why it happens. </P>And TC needs to be accountable for those games. And that IMO needs to beextended to players as well. Sometimes I believe this loyalty leads up to complacement in some players as well.

miked1958
12-25-2011, 09:28 PM
just wondering, will the owners look at the big picture of this whole season and make their decision on that or just on yesterdays win over the Jets?
Well the way our owner was smiling you would of thought that we won our 4th Super Bowl Title

bearbryant
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM
If you take the time to watch the jet game a second time, you'll find out that nothing changed to make you think that a change of coaching, philosophy and some talent isn't still needed. </P>

</P>

I can't stand watching anymore middle of the road football from the Giants.Did we finally play with a little more passion? Yes, thats whats supposed to be going on. every week.I still watched all the same type of vanilla coaching and coordinating ( cept the last half of the 4th quarter). With the way the refs called that game, we/re fotunate to have come away with a W. No bang on those who put there heart into the game, just more of the same. I'm sick of it</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2011, 09:38 PM

That is EXACTLY what I'm stating.* And why is it only MY opinion that makes me a "know it all"?* Everyone else can state what they believe yet somehow MY opinion makes me a know it all?* Seems to me like you have a personal problem with me....that's fine.* I don't really care...it's just something I'll keep in mind the next time and not bother trying to have any "real" conversations with you.</P>

*</P>

Ha ha . . . . . you'll keep it in in mind"??? hahahahaha . . . . I'm shaking in my boots . . . .

thegreatone
12-25-2011, 09:40 PM

You think the players having to learn a completely new system is a good thing? With a QB in his prime and WR's producing? I'd agree that it would probably help our def and maybe ST's...But our offense would take a good 2 year step back into crapville.
who says it will be a completely different system? sometimes only terminology changes. With KGs complex system i would think it would be a pretty big change though....for the better. EA had a saying "dont be too smart" its football. just go and play and stop trying to be a genious.

FBomb
12-25-2011, 11:35 PM

That is EXACTLY what I'm stating. And why is it only MY opinion that makes me a "know it all"? Everyone else can state what they believe yet somehow MY opinion makes me a know it all? Seems to me like you have a personal problem with me....that's fine. I don't really care...it's just something I'll keep in mind the next time and not bother trying to have any "real" conversations with you.</P>

</P>

Ha ha . . . . . you'll keep it in in mind"??? hahahahaha . . . . I'm shaking in my boots . . . .</P>

Why? I wasn't threatening you. Keeping it in mind as in understandingyou're nothing more than a poster with limted intellect and an agenda to try and be annoying. A good laugh, but nothing really of substance.</P>

</P>

Tenspro2002
12-26-2011, 12:09 AM
No.* If we don't win AT LEAST one playoff game this season TC and his staff will be gone.</p>

Beating a mediocre team with a less than mediocre QB is nothing.* This team is consistantly inconsistant.....and it's getting old.</p>

who says it will be a completely different system? sometimes only terminology changes. With KGs complex system i would think it would be a pretty big change though....for the better. EA had a saying "dont be too smart" its football. just go and play and stop trying to be a genious.

It's complicated for KG.

On the plus side:
- Our offense has been generally good, and Eli looks really comfortable with his schemes

On the minus side:
- It's obvious that there are a lot of "option" routes that unnecessarily confuse our receivers

- Our red zone offense is downright terrible. Watch the ease with which other teams can score from 5-10 yards out. Some teams have no trouble getting a guy wide open in the end zone. We never do that.

- Playcalls on 3rd and short are mystifying. Instead of a short play to sustain the drive, we try for the long pass.

In short, our offense is overall fairly successful, but bad in a few key situations, and ones which suggest a low football IQ on the part of Gilbride.

A new, younger coordinator would probably do better in those situations, but might set Eli and the receivers back to square 1 if his "between the 20's" offense is too radically different.

Hooligans
12-26-2011, 06:39 AM

If the Giants lose to the Cowboys - Coughliin and the whole Coaching staff will be fired....mayber Reese too. If the Giants beat Dallas, but get slaughtered in the first week of playoffs,, they will all be fired, including Reese.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 07:10 AM

That is EXACTLY what I'm stating.* And why is it only MY opinion that makes me a "know it all"?* Everyone else can state what they believe yet somehow MY opinion makes me a know it all?* Seems to me like you have a personal problem with me....that's fine.* I don't really care...it's just something I'll keep in mind the next time and not bother trying to have any "real" conversations with you.</P>

*</P>

Ha ha . . . . . you'll keep it in in mind"??? hahahahaha . . . . I'm shaking in my boots . . . .</P>

Why?* I wasn't threatening you.* Keeping it in mind as in understanding*you're nothing more than a poster with limted intellect and an agenda to try and be annoying.* A good laugh, but nothing really of substance.</P>

*</P>

. . . . comimg from a poster with the screen name "FBomb" who regularly engaged in prolonged aarguments with GWAT.

You're boring me dude. Beat it.

FBomb
12-26-2011, 09:46 AM

</P>

Why? I wasn't threatening you. Keeping it in mind as in understandingyou're nothing more than a poster with limted intellect and an agenda to try and be annoying. A good laugh, but nothing really of substance.</P>

</P>

. . . . comimg from a poster with the screen name "FBomb" who regularly engaged in prolonged aarguments with GWAT. You're boring me dude. Beat it.</P>

correction........FUNNY prolonged arguements with GWAT. I only WISH you were half as entertaining as he was. </P>

The "screen name" arguement is about as valid as the "post count" arguement. </P>

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2011, 12:06 PM

</P>

</P>

. . . . comimg from a poster with the screen name "FBomb" who regularly engaged in prolonged aarguments with GWAT. You're boring me dude. Beat it.</P>

correction........FUNNY prolonged arguements with GWAT. I only WISH you were half as entertaining as he was. </P>

The "screen name" arguement is about as valid as the "post count" arguement. </P>

</P>

. . . . or as valid as a claim of superior intellect coming from someone who can't spell. . . . </P>

FBomb
12-26-2011, 12:27 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

. . . . or as valid as a claim of superior intellect coming from someone who can't spell. . . . </P>

</P>

ah....you mean like the word "aarguments"? </P>

Screen names, grammar and spelling......the last arguements of the antagonist with no real point.</P>

</P>