PDA

View Full Version : What 2014 Draft prospects u looking forward to watching most next season?

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Obviously, were really exasberating all that is the 2013 NFL draft, and will continue to do so right through the draft, but i am intrested also in who guys are looking forward to seeing next season and heading into the 2014 NFL draft? Lets leave out Javadeon Clowney, as hes not gonna be a giant, and is clearly "THE GUY" going into next yr...

One guy i really like is Ryan Shazier OLB Ohio St... He can cover, is fast and instinctive, and plays to the whistle.... He had 115tackles 5sack 11pass defensed, and a INT last yr.. He only is listed at 226, but at 6ft 2in, u would think he could pack on a few lbs and get into that 6ft 2in 235lb range.. He'd be a great longterm replacement for Michael Boley , i believe..

Scott Chriton DE Oregon St is another guy i really like.. He makes a ton of splash plays, and isn't a slouch against the run... As a freshman he forced 6fumbles, which is ridiculous.. If we dont' go DE early this yr, watch out for this kid come 2014...

titwio
02-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Brandon Coleman, Marquis Lee, KaDeem Carey, Jake Mathews.

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Brandon Coleman, Marquis Lee, KaDeem Carey, Jake Mathews. Jake Mathews is a stud.. I would love to of gotten are hands on him this past season, and almost gurantee hes a shoe in for a top 10pick next yr, especially with the most likely continued success of A&M..

Rat_bastich
02-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Hopefully Henry Josey of Mizzou can bounce back from his knee injury. I want to see what he can pull off.

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Hopefully Henry Josey of Mizzou can bounce back from his knee injury. I want to see what he can pull off. So far we got

Scott CHriton DE Oregon St
Ryan Shazier OLB/MLB Ohio St.
Jake Mathews OT Tex AM
Marquise Lee WR USC

Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
Kadeem Carey RB Zona
Henry Josey RB Mizzo

Nice list gents...

TheEnigma
02-02-2013, 08:02 AM
CB class up top looks intriguing. Roby, Purifoy, Fuller, etc. Wonder who will establish themselves at the top for 2014.

Seferian-Jenkins is always fun to watch and it's been awhile since we've had a TE prospect like him.

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 08:18 AM
A few others that peak my intrest for one reason or another

Derek Carr QB Fresno St.
Deandre Coleman DT California
David Fluellen RB Toledo- I like this kid.. Monster 2012 season!
LaMarcus Joyner DB Florida St- Is he gonna have monster yr, and hit on that potential?
Austin Seferian Jenkins TE Washington- The best TE prospect i've seen in sometime.. Flat out Antonio Gates Twin!
Arthur Lynch TE Georgia- Look for monster yr with Aaron Murray as he comes into his own..

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 08:20 AM
CB class up top looks intriguing. Roby, Purifoy, Fuller, etc. Wonder who will establish themselves at the top for 2014.

Seferian-Jenkins is always fun to watch and it's been awhile since we've had a TE prospect like him. Its so funny u said Jenkins right before i did.. Ya, hes one of the best TE prospects i've personally ever seen.. An absoulute monster, and almost twin of Antonio Gates, as far as far as playing style..

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Gabe Jackson OG Miss St- I think he ends up as the 2nd or 3rd best Guard in the country next season...

Redeyejedi
02-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Brandon Coleman, Marquis Lee, KaDeem Carey, Jake Mathews.Coleman is 1 of the more intriguing players because physical talent wise he has enough to be the a Top 5 pick. He needs to improve a lot as a receiver especially with his body control. He needs to watch how Tyler Eifert high points a Football this offseason. I hate watching how this 6'6 guy lets 5'10 corners make plays on the football.
I like pass rushers so Clowney,Anthony Barr ,Kareem Martin,Crichton,Tuitt , Demarcus Lawerence

Imgrate
02-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Want to see if george atkinson iii can be a fulltime back

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Coleman is 1 of the more intriguing players because physical talent wise he has enough to be the a Top 5 pick. He needs to improve a lot as a receiver especially with his body control. He needs to watch how Tyler Eifert high points a Football this offseason. I hate watching how this 6'6 guy lets 5'10 corners make plays on the football.
I like pass rushers so Clowney,Anthony Barr ,Kareem Martin,Crichton,Tuitt , Demarcus Lawerence Ya, thats been one of ur pet peeves ever since i known ya on here.. I agree, that is a annoying trait.. He is intriguing though, as u said...

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Want to see if george atkinson iii can be a fulltime back That boy can fly! Say he gets into open field 10-15 times given 200carries or so(there gonna use someone else, as they always got mad good recruits at ND, so 250carris outta question but even 200 is decent amount), thats alot of scoring... Hes gotta keep improving his vision, and try getting involed in pass catch game more, whcih i think he'll do with Cierre Wood and Theo Rid**** gone...

teaneck
02-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Not for the Giants sake, but I want to see how Manziel plays this upcoming season.

Imgrate
02-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Is kadeem carey the real deal or is it gonna be another weak rb class next year?

Mlerman17
02-02-2013, 02:08 PM
aaron murray

Carter.525
02-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Van Noy from BYU.. would be a nice SLB for the G-Men..

nycsportzfan
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Is kadeem carey the real deal or is it gonna be another weak rb class next year?Watch out for this kid from Buffalo Brandon Oliver if he can stay healthy.. Kids legit! But overall, it looks like a weak class of RB.. Last yr was insane at the positon.. I love how it flips around all the time between the positons...

Oh ya, a couple other dudes who will be underclassmen, but eligible for draft i like are Bishop Sankey of Washington and Lache Seastrunk of Baylor...

G-Men Surg.
02-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Heh, at this moment I don't have any player in particular to keep an eye on but would not mind selecting the 32 nd pick next year.

juice33s
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Clowney, Manziel, Mariota. Let the race for 2013 Heisman begin

I'm going with Mariota, he's Kaepernick, but better

Redeyejedi
02-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Watch out for this kid from Buffalo Brandon Oliver if he can stay healthy.. Kids legit! But overall, it looks like a weak class of RB.. Last yr was insane at the positon.. I love how it flips around all the time between the positons...

Oh ya, a couple other dudes who will be underclassmen, but eligible for draft i like are Bishop Sankey of Washington and Lache Seastrunk of Baylor... I like the LB 2 he is a good player Khalil Mack not sure how well he translates to the NFL though

Redeyejedi
02-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Clowney, Manziel, Mariota. Let the race for 2013 Heisman begin

I'm going with Mariota, he's Kaepernick, but better I like the UCLA QB Brett Hundley 2. He is in that mold

juice33s
02-02-2013, 10:26 PM
I like the UCLA QB Brett Hundley 2. He is in that mold
Yeah he's also very solid, he might not have the highlight reel of Manziel, but in the long run he might be the better pro prospect

slipknottin
02-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Tuitt & Clowney. Still think they may both go 1 & 2.

Redeyejedi
02-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah he's also very solid, he might not have the highlight reel of Manziel, but in the long run he might be the better pro prospectI was cutting UCLA yesterday for Fauria and Franklin so he was fresh on my mind. I think he is eligible next season because he redshirted a year. I doubt he comes out though. Im not sure I remember a RS soph QB declaring.

Redeyejedi
02-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Tuitt & Clowney. Still think they may both go 1 & 2. U think Tuitt will go that high? I like him a lot but he isnt the same player Clowney is. Ive been getting tape ready for 2014 and he is just other worldly good.. Why he wasnt at the Heisman ceremony instead of T'eo is disgraceful.

TheEnigma
02-03-2013, 10:06 AM
You guys think Daniel McCullers from Tennessee can get into the 1st round?

slipknottin
02-03-2013, 10:08 AM
U think Tuitt will go that high? I like him a lot but he isnt the same player Clowney is. Ive been getting tape ready for 2014 and he is just other worldly good.. Why he wasnt at the Heisman ceremony instead of T'eo is disgraceful.

Yea. Top 5 for sure. He's 300+ pounds but had 12 sacks and can turn the corner on OTs. That's so rare.
Obviously Clowney is just a freak.

nycsportzfan
02-03-2013, 10:22 AM
I like the UCLA QB Brett Hundley 2. He is in that mold I also like Hundley.. Not sure Mariota is gonna translate to the NFL though..

juice33s
02-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I also like Hundley.. Not sure Mariota is gonna translate to the NFL though..
How does he not? He's got size, athleticism, pin point accuracy, good arm...He's tailor made for the new pistol read option offenses.

Also for anyone who wants to point to his slight frame, keep in mind Kaepernick was 170 coming out of high school

TheEnigma
02-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I also like Hundley.. Not sure Mariota is gonna translate to the NFL though..

I think the biggest concern for Mariota will be going to the right team and having an offensive mind who understands what situations to put him in. He's not a guy I'd just pull a cold turkey on and stick him in a purely pro style offense on day 1. He needs to be eased into the pro game.

juice33s
02-03-2013, 11:39 AM
I think the biggest concern for Mariota will be going to the right team and having an offensive mind who understands what situations to put him in. He's not a guy I'd just pull a cold turkey on and stick him in a purely pro style offense on day 1. He needs to be eased into the pro game.
Well give hima break, he's only going to be a redshirt sophomore. But at the same time, Any coaching staff worth its salt would design their offense around this guy, Like washington and San Fran did with their guys.

Also, Chip kelly said it himself. This isn't a running quarterback, this guy is a Quarterback who can run

TheEnigma
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Well give hima break, he's only going to be a redshirt sophomore. But at the same time, Any coaching staff worth its salt would design their offense around this guy, Like washington and San Fran did with their guys.

Also, Chip kelly said it himself. This isn't a running quarterback, this guy is a Quarterback who can run

I should elaborate: I wouldn't put him in a similar situation that Luck was thrusted into but something more akin to what RG3, Wilson, or Kaepernick did. All of these guys can be pure drop back passers if the time is invested there but Luck is the only one in that group who was ready to do that on day 1.

juice33s
02-03-2013, 12:44 PM
I should elaborate: I wouldn't put him in a similar situation that Luck was thrusted into but something more akin to what RG3, Wilson, or Kaepernick did. All of these guys can be pure drop back passers if the time is invested there but Luck is the only one in that group who was ready to do that on day 1.
What the Colts did with Luck is no different then what the other teams did with their players. They all took the offenses they ran in college hence the seemingly seamless transition. Luck has the skill set to run a read option/pistol offense and I expect the Colts to start sprinkling it in next season.

And for whatever Luck was ready to do on Day 1, he was probably the least succesful of the 4 young QB's

Redeyejedi
02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
What the Colts did with Luck is no different then what the other teams did with their players. They all took the offenses they ran in college hence the seemingly seamless transition. Luck has the skill set to run a read option/pistol offense and I expect the Colts to start sprinkling it in next season.

And for whatever Luck was ready to do on Day 1, he was probably the least succesful of the 4 young QB'sHis team was by far the worst of the 4

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-03-2013, 03:19 PM
His team was by far the worst of the 4

luck also probably had the least talent around him,,turned a 1-15 team around,,I think luck will be fine...the league will eventually catch up to the spread offense,,15 years from now luck will still be playing and the RG111 types of current will most likely be long gone.

Redeyejedi
02-03-2013, 05:48 PM
luck also probably had the least talent around him,,turned a 1-15 team around,,I think luck will be fine...the league will eventually catch up to the spread offense,,15 years from now luck will still be playing and the RG111 types of current will most likely be long gone.Thats what I was saying

Imgrate
02-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Thats what I was sayingAdditionally, those other guys had much better players on their team. And yes, I'm being an *******

Redeyejedi
02-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Daniel McCullers the Huge Tennessee NT is very underrated. The more games I watch the more I wonder why he didnt declare. Lots of talent to mold on a 6'6 375 guy

BlueSabbath
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
CJ Mosley! This is the guy I was hoping would be our MLB in this draft. Want this guy to be a Giant in a bad way.

Also on Alabama: LT Cyrus Kouandijo, RG Anthony Steen, LB Trey DePriest (when he was in high school I was hoping he'd end up a Giant), S HaHa Clinton-Dix and QB AJ McCarron

UGA: QB Arron Murray and CB Damian Swann

LSU's safety Craig Loston and RB Kenny Hilliard

Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

Tre Mason RB Auburn

A lot of these guys will be juniors and may or may not enter the draft

nycsportzfan
02-06-2013, 06:28 PM
CJ Mosley! This is the guy I was hoping would be our MLB in this draft. Want this guy to be a Giant in a bad way.

Also on Alabama: LT Cyrus Kouandijo, RG Anthony Steen, LB Trey DePriest (when he was in high school I was hoping he'd end up a Giant), S HaHa Clinton-Dix and QB AJ McCarron

UGA: QB Arron Murray and CB Damian Swann

LSU's safety Craig Loston and RB Kenny Hilliard

Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

Tre Mason RB Auburn

A lot of these guys will be juniors and may or may not enter the draft Devin Taylors in this yrs draft..

Redeyejedi
02-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Devin Taylors in this yrs draft..I think he meant Clowney

BlueSabbath
02-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Devin Taylors in this yrs draft..

Derf... meant Clowney. Had Taylor on my mind cause of a mock draft I was working on and then started answering this question.

heavyhitter
02-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Here's a couple guy that haven't been mentioned yet:

S- Bama, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
LB- FSU, Christian Jones
DT- FSU, Timmy Jernigan
WR- Clemson, Sammy Watkins
CB- UF, Jaylen Watkins

Carter.525
02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Here's a couple guy that haven't been mentioned yet:

S- Bama, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
LB- FSU, Christian Jones
DT- FSU, Timmy Jernigan
WR- Clemson, Sammy Watkins
CB- UF, Jaylen Watkins

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.. Is that for real?

BlueSabbath
02-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.. Is that for real?

Yes, I mentioned him in mine as well. His name is Hasean but he goes by Ha Ha.