PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw Undergoes Foot Surgery

GiantFanatic55
02-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday
Bradshaw had surgery to replace screw in his right foot. Said stem cell treatment he had last offseason "wore off."

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
Bradshaw said the new screw is bigger and will go through 2 bones: The original one he fractured and the one cracked in '11.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
Bradshaw had procedure 2 weeks ago. His original timetable for recovery is 10 weeks. New screw is to fix both fractures in his foot #nyg

Rudyy
02-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Hope he has a quick and speedy recovery.

Buddy333
02-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Well better now than later. Should be good to go for the start of the season.

primetime
02-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Bradshaw should be getting a discount. Get 3 foot procedures the the next one is free.

Cloud57
02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
I think he needs new feet.

Rudyy
02-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Bradshaw should be getting a discount. Get 3 foot procedures the the next one is free.I think they have a 4 foot pack at Costco for only $300.00.

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Hope he has a quick and speedy recovery.

I'm afraid it may not solve his foot problems though. Replacing an existing piece of hardware doesn't sound like a cure to me.

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 04:33 PM

+1 unfortunately. He's got to reduce the stress he puts on them.

Toadofsteel
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm hoping that TC will trust Brown and Wilson more in 2013 to give them carries and reduce Bradshaw's workload. Man can still run, but the team can't afford to run Bradshaw into the ground...

jomo
02-02-2013, 04:43 PM
This is what some call an annual ritual.

gmen46
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm afraid it may not solve his foot problems though. Replacing an existing piece of hardware doesn't sound like a cure to me.

Strictly non football related, but I feel for Bradshaw. He likely will never be able to walk normally for the rest of his life after football. He literally, possibly more than most, has given his heart and body to football and to his pro career to the Giants.

But, as Hyman Roth said, this is the business he has chosen.

May he be well and healthy enough to play out his last 2 years. :cool:

Rudyy
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm afraid it may not solve his foot problems though. Replacing an existing piece of hardware doesn't sound like a cure to me.Well I meant the healing process from the surgery itself. His feet are basically done.

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm hoping that TC will trust Brown and Wilson more in 2013 to give them carries and reduce Bradshaw's workload. Man can still run, but the team can't afford to run Bradshaw into the ground...

Let's hope Bradshaw can accept a reduced work load and maybe a pay cut.

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Well I meant the healing process from the surgery itself. His feet are basically done.

It's really a shame about his feet

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Strictly non football related, but I feel for Bradshaw. He likely will never be able to walk normally for the rest of his life after football. He literally, possibly more than most, has given his heart and body to football and to his pro career to the Giants.

May he be well and healthy enough to play out his last 2 years. :cool:

Players are driven, sometimes to their detriment

Carter.525
02-02-2013, 05:11 PM

do you mean the ever so tricky double foot replacement..?

Roosevelt
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Poor guy has sure had his share of injuries to deal with.

gmen0820
02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
\
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gPSEF5xjrMA/Scmay05z39I/AAAAAAAADJM/u2elMuN9U9Y/s400/moe_greene-1.jpg

JesseJames
02-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Bradshaw is starting to sound like an erector set...

giantsfan420
02-02-2013, 05:53 PM
if i were owner or gm, and thank god im not for all our sakes, it'd be awfully hard for me to release and or ask him to take a pay cut with all the sacrifice he's given to the team. gmen46 is right, he is gonna have issues with the simplest of functions at some point in his after football life. dude is always having screws drilled in, replaced and then goes thru the cycle again every offseason...isnt this the 3rd offseason he's undergone some type of treatment for his feet??

from the reports, it sounds like he was playing through an additional stress fracture that just was treated with this additional screw, meaning he played injured really...and the thing is, guy always went balls to the wall (except for that little spurt where it looked like he was disheartened he wasnt starting anymore and had a pourous game vs balt, then again he may well have just been too injured) and, in our 2 sb runs, he was a main component...

wish there was something that could be done that would just refresh bradshaws feet so it wasnt injured at all. i wonder how much more violent a runner he'd be if at all...

GameTime
02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
no way its a "cure". Maybe for someone who is just leading a normal life but for an NFL RB........As he has had issues he will continue to do so....IMO

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Bradshaw is starting to sound like an erector set...

Can't argue that when they replace parts lol

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 08:36 PM
no way its a "cure". Maybe for someone who is just leading a normal life but for an NFL RB........As he has had issues he will continue to do so....IMO

I think they have to give him a reduced load for less money or release him.

TCHOF
02-02-2013, 08:54 PM
He won't be able to walk when he is 50. He is one tough sob

RoanokeFan
02-02-2013, 09:10 PM
He won't be able to walk when he is 50. He is one tough sob

He is a warrior, no question

G-Men Surg.
02-02-2013, 09:21 PM
The oldest 27 year pair of feet in the league. Very tough hombre ! Hope he gets well soon, we are going to need his grit next year.

gmen46
02-02-2013, 10:41 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gPSEF5xjrMA/Scmay05z39I/AAAAAAAADJM/u2elMuN9U9Y/s400/moe_greene-1.jpg

My old avatar on here. One of my favorite images from one of my top 5 all time movies, no doubt.

gmen0820
02-02-2013, 11:02 PM
My old avatar on here. One of my favorite images from one of my top 5 all time movies, no doubt.Was it really? Great movie(s), I agree.

Redeyejedi
02-03-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm afraid it may not solve his foot problems though. Replacing an existing piece of hardware doesn't sound like a cure to me.Replacing 1 screw with a bigger screw that goes into a 2nd bone. This guy should walk away now he wont be able to walk without a cane by the time he is 50. Barber was smart to leave holding on for a year or 2 might of been the difference in living a normal life or not. Same thing with Strahan he could of still played

juice33s
02-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Replacing 1 screw with a bigger screw that goes into a 2nd bone. This guy should walk away now he wont be able to walk without a cane by the time he is 50. Barber was smart to leave holding on for a year or 2 might of been the difference in living a normal life or not. Same thing with Strahan he could of still played
And do what exactly? The guys 26 years old, if you can think of something else he can do where he makes 3-4mil a year I'm sure he'll be all ears. Like Jason Taylor said a few weeks ago, "Would I do it all again? ... "If I had to sleep on the steps standing up for 15 years, I would do it."

The fact is these are the prime earning years for these guys and this is how they provide for their families, if he has to walk a little funny to do it then so be it

brad
02-03-2013, 11:32 AM
And do what exactly? The guys 26 years old, if you can think of something else he can do where he makes 3-4mil a year I'm sure he'll be all ears. Like Jason Taylor said a few weeks ago, "Would I do it all again? ... "If I had to sleep on the steps standing up for 15 years, I would do it."

The fact is these are the prime earning years for these guys and this is how they provide for their families, if he has to walk a little funny to do it then so be it

Hopefully he has put some of that money he has been earning away in planning for his retirement, and I think he is smart enough to have planned for a career after football. I have no doubt that he would do it all over again, but that doesn't mean he should destroy his body to a point that he is unable to walk again. Money is nice, but it is of little value if your quality of life is diminished to a point where you can't enjoy it with your kids and grandkids. Not to mention, if money was the only motivating factor, he would not be the great player that he is, that comes from a love for playing the game not the almighty dollar.

juice33s
02-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Hopefully he has put some of that money he has been earning away in planning for his retirement, and I think he is smart enough to have planned for a career after football. I have no doubt that he would do it all over again, but that doesn't mean he should destroy his body to a point that he is unable to walk again. Money is nice, but it is of little value if your quality of life is diminished to a point where you can't enjoy it with your kids and grandkids. Not to mention, if money was the only motivating factor, he would not be the great player that he is, that comes from a love for playing the game not the almighty dollar.
Lol the guy just had 1,000 yard season and now he may never walk again...

TCHOF
02-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Lol the guy just had 1,000 yard season and now he may never walk again...

You don't see a possibility that these recurrent foot problems will affect him later in life? I see no chance that they don't.

juice33s
02-03-2013, 01:08 PM
You don't see a possibility that these recurrent foot problems will affect him later in life? I see no chance that they don't.
Bro, we just had a guy get a double arm implant who doesn't even make a fraction of what Bradshaw makes....I'm sure AB will find a way to survive the screw in his foot
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/soldier-lost-limbs-double-arm-transplant-18336296

nycisgreat
02-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday
Bradshaw had surgery to replace screw in his right foot. Said stem cell treatment he had last offseason "wore off."

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
Bradshaw said the new screw is bigger and will go through 2 bones: The original one he fractured and the one cracked in '11.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
Bradshaw had procedure 2 weeks ago. His original timetable for recovery is 10 weeks. New screw is to fix both fractures in his foot #nyg

I hope he has quick recovery and return the to the player he once was. I wish Tuck would do the same for his shoulder issues.

TCHOF
02-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Bro, we just had a guy get a double arm implant who doesn't even make a fraction of what Bradshaw makes....I'm sure AB will find a way to survive the screw in his foot
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/soldier-lost-limbs-double-arm-transplant-18336296

So it's not going to bother him later in life because some other guy who makes less money has worse problems?