PDA

View Full Version : ny cheerleaders

blueribbon
02-03-2013, 02:15 PM
How about we budget for a cheerleader squad for this up comming year. Here's the uniform i like them to wear.

what would we call them?

RoanokeFan
02-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Oy

Cloud57
02-03-2013, 02:21 PM
I think cheerleaders would be a good thing.

Mr. G-Man
02-03-2013, 02:27 PM
we're about football here... shut up and play the game. if i want to see naked chicks, ill go to the strip club. when i go to metlife stadium i want to see championship style football. lets focus on winning another ring, not what outfits the cheerleaders should wear.

Mod_C
02-03-2013, 02:30 PM
If we are going to get in the gutter, this thread will have a very short shelf life

SweetZombieJesus
02-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Is the football not exciting enough? Perhaps we should install a pirate ship and a roller coaster while we're at it.

mercurio
02-03-2013, 02:35 PM
How about we budget for a cheerleader squad for this up comming year. Here's the uniform i like them to wear.450what would we call them?With no roof on our stadium and those outfits you could call them the Ice Queens.

blueribbon
02-03-2013, 02:37 PM
mmm..... a pirate ship..................no how about a giant beanstalk tree?

blueribbon
02-03-2013, 02:41 PM
they would be cold wouldn't they. ah i know we'll give them a scarf and some vitamine c tablets.

Cloud57
02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
mmm..... a pirate ship..................no how about a giant beanstalk tree?The Green Giant could be our mascot

Cloud57
02-03-2013, 02:53 PM
we're about football here... shut up and play the game. if i want to see naked chicks, ill go to the strip club. when i go to metlife stadium i want to see championship style football. lets focus on winning another ring, not what outfits the cheerleaders should wear.cheerleaders aren't naked.

Rusty192
02-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Is the football not exciting enough? Perhaps we should install a pirate ship and a roller coaster while we're at it.I don't know, the Bucs pirate ship is pretty badass ;)

gmen0820
02-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Can we get rid of the red jerseys? I know we have, but I want to talk about it.

bansaw
02-03-2013, 03:28 PM
annual cheerleader thread

several hours early but offseason has definitely started

FBomb
02-03-2013, 03:40 PM
It's been awhile since we had one of these!!! Nice to see some things never change.

It's about the game.....I really wouldn't even notice them unless they were on camera. Unnecessary.

blueribbon
02-03-2013, 03:42 PM
We could have a giant beanstalk tree and the cheerleaders could be called the "Jackettes". Maybe even a blue goose that lays a golden football?

FBomb
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
We could have a giant beanstalk tree and the cheerleaders could be called the "Jackettes". Maybe even a blue goose that lays a golden football?

:D

FBomb
02-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Can we get rid of the red jerseys? I know we have, but I want to talk about it.

I have a Red Jacobs one.....bought it at Giants Stadium before they tore it down. As much as I hate them....I can't get rid of it.

FBomb
02-03-2013, 03:46 PM
The Green Giant could be our mascot

lol.....and the cheerleaders will be the "Ho Ho Ho's"

blueribbon
02-03-2013, 03:53 PM
:p
lol.....and the cheerleaders will be the "Ho Ho Ho's"

P_Simms_#11
02-03-2013, 03:58 PM
The real question is whether Eli is Elite or not.

Mr. G-Man
02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
oh snap! we just won next years super bowl by u asking that question!

YATittle1962
02-03-2013, 05:30 PM
football doesn't have dancers

keep the pom pom shakers out of my stadium

Toadofsteel
02-03-2013, 06:14 PM
If only Andre the Giant was still around... he could have been our mascot, and could have easily done the STOMP YOU OUT motion...

Drez
02-03-2013, 06:20 PM
We can call them the Kekua's. They only exist in your imagination.

RoanokeFan
02-03-2013, 06:26 PM
football doesn't have dancers

keep the pom pom shakers out of my stadium

+1

SweetZombieJesus
02-03-2013, 06:28 PM
annual cheerleader thread

several hours early but offseason has definitely started

Today's the day we can bury our disappointment in the 2012 season

gmen46
02-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Aren't cheerleaders in the NFL actually a bit passe by now? I mean, the concept of cheerleaders in the pros was introduced by a young team, in the early-mid 70s, when Dallas specifically--but the NFL more generally--was on a long term campaign to radically broaden the fans base. Just as the creators of Monday Night Football in 1970 (1971?) believed their unprecedented Prime Time coverage of an NFL game would expand interest in the game to those not normally watching Sunday afternoon games (ie, women especially), adding extra visuals that could be uniquely highlighted by TV cameras--like cheerleaders, for some bizarre reason--would "j*** up" the game for casual viewers.

It worked for several years, to a large extent, but now it's 40 years later, the game is solidly "America's Game", and it hardly requires non-football distractions to attract casual viewers--well, except for the Super Bowl, maybe.

Not only does the Giants organization --thank god--refute the notion of Giants cheerleaders as even a concept, but who the hell (besides those few on this board who raise the issue annually) would even notice them if they were added to the team? :rolleyes:

(EDIT--Seriously? The word j-a-z-z is filtered??)

SweetZombieJesus
02-03-2013, 06:30 PM
How could I forget, we need a fight song too

Drez
02-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Aren't cheerleaders in the NFL actually a bit passe by now? I mean, the concept of cheerleaders in the pros was introduced by a young team, in the early-mid 70s, when Dallas specifically--but the NFL more generally--was on a long term campaign to radically broaden the fans base. Just as the creators of Monday Night Football in 1970 (1971?) believed their unprecedented Prime Time coverage of an NFL game would expand interest in the game to those not normally watching Sunday afternoon games (ie, women especially), adding extra visuals that could be uniquely highlighted by TV cameras--like cheerleaders, for some bizarre reason--would "j*** up" the game for casual viewers.

It worked for several years, to a large extent, but now it's 40 years later, the game is solidly "America's Game", and it hardly requires non-football distractions to attract casual viewers--well, except for the Super Bowl, maybe.

Not only does the Giants organization --thank god--refute the notion of Giants cheerleaders as even a concept, but who the hell (besides those few on this board who raise the issue annually) would even notice them if they were added to the team? :rolleyes:

(EDIT--Seriously? The word j-a-z-z is filtered??)
Yeah, I would guess too many people were skirting the filter by writing a-z-z, so they must have added it, too.

jints10
02-03-2013, 07:31 PM
No

GMEN86900711
02-03-2013, 09:20 PM
I like the Giants as a non-flashy, hard nosed football team without gimmicks (fire works, cheerleaders, mascots etc....)

Diamondring
02-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Do Giants have a half time show?

krankeybluechick
02-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Here we go the cheerleader thread that always appears at the end of the season. God help us all!!!

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-04-2013, 12:59 AM
we're about football here... shut up and play the game. if i want to see naked chicks, ill go to the strip club. when i go to metlife stadium i want to see championship style football. lets focus on winning another ring, not what outfits the cheerleaders should wear.
lighten up francis.

NYGiantsFan56
02-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Every year someone post this idiotic post and here is the same response I have been putting up. The Giants cannot have Cheerleaders. Wellington Mara put it into the Giants Corporate Paperwork that Cheerleaders are not allowed. So even if Mara and Tisch want to, which they never said they would, they are prohibited from doing so. Furthermore, Wellington Mara when asked at a press conference in 1994 why he would not allow Cheerleader stated with a smile as follows: "IF YOU WANT TO SEE PRETTY GIRLS IN SHORT SKIRTS JUMP AND DANCE GO TO A BAR OR DANCE HALL. FOOTBALL GAMES ARE FOOTBALL ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE." That pretty much sums it up.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Every year someone post this idiotic post and here is the same response I have been putting up. The Giants cannot have Cheerleaders. Wellington Mara put it into the Giants Corporate Paperwork that Cheerleaders are not allowed. So even if Mara and Tisch want to, which they never said they would, they are prohibited from doing so. Furthermore, Wellington Mara when asked at a press conference in 1994 why he would not allow Cheerleader stated with a smile as follows: "IF YOU WANT TO SEE PRETTY GIRLS IN SHORT SKIRTS JUMP AND DANCE GO TO A BAR OR DANCE HALL. FOOTBALL GAMES ARE FOOTBALL ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE." That pretty much sums it up.

if it bothers you so much dont comment, he can post what ever he wants,,fan forum,,,remember? CHILL OUT.

Drez
02-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Every year someone post this idiotic post and here is the same response I have been putting up. The Giants cannot have Cheerleaders. Wellington Mara put it into the Giants Corporate Paperwork that Cheerleaders are not allowed. So even if Mara and Tisch want to, which they never said they would, they are prohibited from doing so. Furthermore, Wellington Mara when asked at a press conference in 1994 why he would not allow Cheerleader stated with a smile as follows: "IF YOU WANT TO SEE PRETTY GIRLS IN SHORT SKIRTS JUMP AND DANCE GO TO A BAR OR DANCE HALL. FOOTBALL GAMES ARE FOOTBALL ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE." That pretty much sums it up.I'm sure the paper work could be amended. But, I agree with the anti-cheerleader sentiment.

Drez
02-04-2013, 01:50 AM
if it bothers you so much dont comment, he can post what ever he wants,,fan forum,,,remember? CHILL OUT.And as such, so can he.

Just because the OP can post what he wants, it doesn't mean that another poster cannot say that he thinks it stupid.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-04-2013, 01:52 AM
And as such, so can he.

Just because the OP can post what he wants, it doesn't mean that another poster cannot say that he thinks it stupid.

some things are just better left unsaid. we have enough people in here who have nothing better to do but be a downer.

Drez
02-04-2013, 01:56 AM
some things are just better left unsaid. we have enough people in here who have nothing better to do but be a downer.The idea of cheerleaders is stupid. And so are the threads that get posted ad nauseum in the offseason.

Cloud57
02-04-2013, 02:05 AM
type in "Giants cheerleaders" in google and click on images :D

although I think it would be nice to have cheerleaders, it's not a big deal. I'm more interested in winning games/championships.

G-Men Surg.
02-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Oy
LOL !

G-Men Surg.
02-04-2013, 03:33 AM
How about we budget for a cheerleader squad for this up comming year. Here's the uniform i like them to wear.

what would we call them?

Cheerleaders count against the cap ? If they do for sure we can't afford them. Ha !

BlueSanta
02-04-2013, 06:59 AM
If I made 1 thread asking for us to switch back to a 3-4, get cheerleaders, and fire Gilbride, the offseason would be complete.

jimsgints
02-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I second this.

Drez
02-04-2013, 12:37 PM
If I made 1 thread asking for us to switch back to a 3-4, get cheerleaders, and fire Gilbride, the offseason would be complete.2 out of three have already been accomplished, lol.

Moke
02-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I feel like Giant fans are all old farts and stuff. A lot of them care too much about how people want cheerleaders. Who cares if we have them or not? Stop preaching the "JUST PLAY FOOTBALL, WHO CARES ABOUT CHEERLEADERS?".

Well this is Amerikuh, and men love beer, food, and women.

BlueJayC
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
There are "unofficial" scantily clad ones in blue and red at every home game near in Lot G near Lot L.......that's where they belong.....outside the stadium. There's also an unofficial Giants marching band again outside the stadium.

I'm 100% against Giants cheerleaders but unless you're a switch hitter it'd be tough not to notice them.....me and a buddy had 5th row seats in Cincy for that debacle and by the mid-3rd quarter all we were watching were the Cheerleaders directly in front of us.

Harooni
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
please and also male ones.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/13242/2010/07/340x_picture_10.jpg

SweetZombieJesus
02-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I feel like Giant fans are all old farts and stuff. A lot of them care too much about how people want cheerleaders. Who cares if we have them or not? Stop preaching the "JUST PLAY FOOTBALL, WHO CARES ABOUT CHEERLEADERS?".

Well this is Amerikuh, and men love beer, food, and women.

Does the name "Wellington Mara" mean anything to you?

Moke
02-04-2013, 03:08 PM

Listen, I'm not that old so let's understand that I really don't have the same mindset. Sure, it means stuff to me, but it's really not a sin to have cheerleaders and if people want them, let's not bash them for wanting them.

Sooner or later, we'll have them, eventually. Maybe all the old-timers will die by then too.

BlueBlooded1979
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM

When it means something to his own children it will mean something to everyone else. He was firm on No PSLs, no owner pressers (post 09 rant), and no talking about player contracts with the press (Cruz contract). The current dip****s are obviously nothing like him.

SweetZombieJesus
02-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Listen, I'm not that old so let's understand that I really don't have the same mindset. Sure, it means stuff to me, but it's really not a sin to have cheerleaders and if people want them, let's not bash them for wanting them.

Sooner or later, we'll have them, eventually. Maybe all the old-timers will die by then too.

Look up the meaning of the word "TRADITION".

Maybe the Yankees should ditch the pinstripes too,huh?

There are certain things that define the New York Giants. No-nonsense no-frills football is one of them. If you want a sideshow, find another team to root for because it isn't THIS team.

M00KIE
02-05-2013, 09:30 AM
cheerleaders aren't naked.

Which is why they are pointless.

gmen46
02-05-2013, 04:13 PM

Thanks for your best wishes for "all the old timers". Maybe you'll get Lou Gehrig's disease, too.

Listen, the Eagles will win a Super Bowl, the NFL will evolve into another Arena Football league, and Woody Johnson will be elected as President of the US before the Giants will add cheerleaders.

How's that for "eventually"?

bandwgn86
02-05-2013, 06:50 PM

what would we call them? like!

maybe we can share the Jets girls

blueribbon
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/24/meet-the-gotham-city-cheerleaders-unofficial-dancers-for-all-new-york-sports/

The Giants have an unoffical squad called "The Gotham City Cheerleaders"

bandwgn86
02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Look up the meaning of the word "TRADITION".

Maybe the Yankees should ditch the pinstripes too,huh?

There are certain things that define the New York Giants. No-nonsense no-frills football is one of them. If you want a sideshow, find another team to root for because it isn't THIS team.if the New York Rangers can get stripers er cheerleaders than its definitely okay for the Giants IMO.

GiantRoc
02-05-2013, 11:50 PM
The Giants have cheerleaders. They wear jerseys and face paint. Tens of thousands of them sit in the stands every home game. And hundreds of thousands sit in front of the TV whenever they are on. Women in skimpy outfits are there to draw attention to a team with not enough talent to fill the stands. Not a problem for the giants I'd say.