PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling the Giants wont cut as many as we think this year.

ElIteManning10
02-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Superbowl 47 is in Metlife Stadium. You gotta believe they will attempt to put a Super Bowl caliber team on the field. I do believe guys like Webster, Diehl and Boley could be and should be cap casualties, but not guys like Bradshaw or Canty.

nhpgiantsfan
02-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Pretty sure they attempt to put a SB caliber team on the field every year.

ElIteManning10
02-03-2013, 09:33 PM
obviously lol, but they will go all out this year I believe.

Harooni
02-04-2013, 12:30 AM
correct the giants will restructure keep fimilar faces and keep us in cap hell for a few years more, rather than parting ways with aging half time players and a bunch of arod / bays.

Cloud57
02-04-2013, 12:36 AM
That's because these losers still have contracts

CDN_G-FAN
02-04-2013, 08:08 AM
they won't cut as many as fans think they will because fans think "couldn't get any worse than letting 'x' start again" and coaches and FOs know it can always get worse.

if they don't have a replacement or a plan for a replacement that works, then guys like Diehl and Baas aren't going anywhere.

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Well they where just 7 points from being a 12-4 team this year. No, they didn't look like one, but they where close. If the current roster just plays better and they draft well they could be a contender.

Morehead State
02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Well they where just 7 points from being a 12-4 team this year. No, they didn't look like one, but they where close. If the current roster just plays better and they draft well they could be a contender.
They were a fingernail and one blown coverage by Deangelo Hall from being 7-9.

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 09:39 AM
They were a fingernail and one blown coverage by Deangelo Hall from being 7-9.So clean house? Every team can say they could have won a game or lost a game by a fingernail but that doesn't mean they need to clean house. Oh, you forgot the Dallas game.

Morehead State
02-04-2013, 09:43 AM
So clean house? Every team can say they could have won a game or lost a game by a fingernail but that doesn't mean they need to clean house. Oh, you forgot the Dallas game.
Trying to see where I said that.
No, I just get peeved when someone says that we were this play or that play, or this amount of points from having a much better record. It always works both ways.
9-7 was pretty much about right for the quality of our football team. We had a couple of unlucky losses and a couple fortunate wins.
And it would be insane to suggest that we should clean house. We have a lot of good parts to our team but we also have some aging, less effective parts as well. Changes are in our near future. And dealing with the cap is a major consideration for some of these highly paid vets with diminishing ability.

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 09:45 AM
It's about getting better. Can the guys they have get just a little better so that they win those games lost by 7 and don't have such a close call in a couple of games? Eli can. He has shown he can be great and then get cold. Maybe this year he will get back on track. Same goes for some other guys. Some guys may try all they want and will never get it back. Those they have to deal with and draft well.

Morehead State
02-04-2013, 09:49 AM
It's about getting better. Can the guys they have get just a little better so that they win those games lost by 7 and don't have such a close call in a couple of games? Eli can. He has shown he can be great and then get cold. Maybe this year he will get back on track. Same goes for some other guys. Some guys may try all they want and will never get it back. Those they have to deal with and draft well.
Tuck, Webby, Canty, Boley etc.... play physical positions where there physicality seems to be diminishing. That doesn't come back as you get older.
The FO will have to take a long look at some of these guys and there cap consequences for this coming season.
Eli is all about confidence and better play around him enhances that. That can come back, but only if we make some improvements.

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Don't think Canty was that bad this year and he may never have been 100%. Tuck did play the run well and he is trying to get back. He is not that old also maybe he just needs hit the training hard and stay healthy. Webster and Boley are an issue although there where games that Webster played well and just got beat by some great throws and catches. Think Rolle is a bigger issue. They should part ways with him and lock up Hill and Brown. Don't know what to do with KP.

Morehead State
02-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Don't think Canty was that bad this year and he may never have been 100%. Tuck did play the run well and he is trying to get back. He is not that old also maybe he just needs hit the training hard and stay healthy. Webster and Boley are an issue although there where games that Webster played well and just got beat by some great throws and catches. Think Rolle is a bigger issue. They should part ways with him and lock up Hill and Brown. Don't know what to do with KP.
Its the old "frog in the water" syndrome.
When we say that a very high paid player "wasn't that bad", that's a major red flag.
The combination of the marginal performances by high paid players, AND our cap issues, should give pause.

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Its the old "frog in the water" syndrome.When we say that a very high paid player "wasn't that bad", that's a major red flag.The combination of the marginal performances by high paid players, AND our cap issues, should give pause.When saying Canty was not that bad just remember he was coming off a knee surgery and came back in the middle of the season. Just saying he may not have been at 100%.

Morehead State
02-04-2013, 10:06 AM
When saying Canty was not that bad just remember he was coming off a knee surgery and came back in the middle of the season. Just saying he may not have been at 100%.
I'm not singling out Canty or any one player. You are completely missing my point. Many of our vets have diminishing ability. Its not their fault. they aren't bums because of it. But it happens due to their ages and the rigors of the NFL.
Being able to see it and being willing to deal with it at the appropriate time is important. Failing to do so can cause us to truly have to rebuild from scratch down the road.

And we can't let comments from players like Tuck deter the FO from making solid decisions.
No player ever thinks they are done.

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm not singling out Canty or any one player. You are completely missing my point. Many of our vets have diminishing ability. Its not their fault. they aren't bums because of it. But it happens due to their ages and the rigors of the NFL. Being able to see it and being willing to deal with it at the appropriate time is important. Failing to do so can cause us to truly have to rebuild from scratch down the road.And we can't let comments from players like Tuck deter the FO from making solid decisions.No player ever thinks they are done.Not missing your point at all. I said that Canty was not that bad considering he was injured and you responded to that post.

Morehead State
02-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Not missing your point at all. I said that Canty was not that bad considering he was injured and you responded to that post.
Again....not the point!

ryan12
02-04-2013, 10:16 AM
bottom line cutting diehl c web tuck boley and canty wont make the team worse then this year all 5 of them played like **** and all 5 of them are making way to much money to not cut them

Buddy333
02-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Again....not the point!No, I mentioned one player when saying he didn't play that bad and he was injured. Didn't defend any of the other guys. Just said that they could play better. Tuck is not that old that he can't get better unless something physically won't let him which may be the case. Webster is getting older and is making a lot of money.

ryan12
02-04-2013, 10:19 AM

i would be perfectly happy with brown and hill as our starting saftey's next year. we wont resign phillips and if rolle wont retructure cut his *** also

Morehead State
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
No, I mentioned one player when saying he didn't play that bad and he was injured. Didn't defend any of the other guys. Just said that they could play better. Tuck is not that old that he can't get better unless something physically won't let him which may be the case. Webster is getting older and is making a lot of money.
My general point is that many of our core players (Not Canty because he's obviously playing lights out) are getting older and playing more poorly. To ride these guys next season with the attitude that they will "turn it around" may be a recipe for disaster.
I think lots of pay cuts or just player cuts need to be in the offing.