PDA

View Full Version : Draft Contest

teaneck
02-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Someone was asking about an online draft tracker. I think it would be cool if we had a draft contest.

We should take some time to come up with and agree on rules.

I think it would be cool if some people submitted their NYG 7 round mock by April 24th, you can edit it as many times as youd like but by April 24 they would be locked down.

Mlerman17
02-05-2013, 05:21 PM
we should do that

titwio
02-05-2013, 05:27 PM
I did a couple last year and didn't do too well. I'm down to do it again though. One of the ones I did was in a live thread and each person got to pick who they thought would be drafted in each round. You didn't have to make your picks all in advance...you just had to get each pick in before the Giants made their selection. It was basically round by round.

I liked that style the most because it gave people a better chance to get the correct person because you still knew who was still on the board. Anyway...It's just a suggestion.

Carter.525
02-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Im down..

teaneck
02-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I did a couple last year and didn't do too well. I'm down to do it again though. One of the ones I did was in a live thread and each person got to pick who they thought would be drafted in each round. You didn't have to make your picks all in advance...you just had to get each pick in before the Giants made their selection. It was basically round by round.

I liked that style the most because it gave people a better chance to get the correct person because you still knew who was still on the board. Anyway...It's just a suggestion.

I like that system better too!

Mlerman17
02-06-2013, 02:11 AM
I like that system better too!

yo tambien

Kruunch
02-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Post Combine entry.

1) Sheldon Richardson (DT)
2) Arthur Brown (LB)
3) Justin Pugh (OG)
4) Blidi Wreh Wilson (CB)
5) Nick Kasa (TE)
6) Cornelius Washington (DE)
7) Denard Robinson (WR)

juice33s
02-09-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm in, pre-FA/combine I'll go
1st- Shariff Floyd DT
2nd- Jordan Poyer CB
3rd- Brennan Williams OT
4th- Travis Kelce TE
5th- Armonty Bryant DE
6th- Rex Burkhead RB
7th- Keith Pough LB

That's who I think the Giants will pick...Who I want though is
1st- Alec Ogletree LB
2nd- Eddie Lacey RB
3rd- Tyrann Matheiu CB

It will never happen, but I'd be freakin pumped

teaneck
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I love your first pick, I would be happy with Shariff Floyd or Sheldon Richardson in the first. I'm praying that Okafor will fall to us in the second.

I'll have my mock closer to the combine.

juice33s
02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
I love your first pick, I would be happy with Shariff Floyd or Sheldon Richardson in the first. I'm praying that Okafor will fall to us in the second.

I'll have my mock closer to the combine.
You can always edit it afterwards...Come on be a man show us what you got...I expect more from a highwayman

teaneck
02-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Alright, here's my pre-combine mock.

1. Sheldon Richardson DT
2. Arthur Brown LB
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
5. Josh Boyce WR
6. Levine Toilolo TE
7. Quant. Smith DE

UDFA

Stansley Maponga DE TCU

I obviously go to TCU.... haha

juice33s
02-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Alright, here's my pre-combine mock.

1. Sheldon Richardson DT
2. Arthur Brown LB
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
4. Marcus Lattimore RB
5. Josh Boyce WR
6. Levine Toilolo TE
7. Quant. Smith DE

UDFA

Stansley Maponga DE TCU

I obviously go to TCU.... haha
Looks good, though I've seen Wreh Wilson enter the 1st round conversation so I think its unlikely Wilson lasts till the mid 3rd. Maybe switch Brown and Wilson and it be a bit more realistic. Also Lattimore in the 4th might be a bit too high for such damaged goods:

One NFL evaluator told Pro Football Weekly that he could see South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) going undrafted in April.
PFW's quote-filled quickie column doesn't specify the NFL evaluator's title, but it's either a coach, scout, or front-office man. "Lattimore is tall and a little narrow-hipped," said the evaluator. "He is tough and the kind of kid you root for, but I thought he was a third-rounder before the injury. Now I don’t know if he gets drafted." After returning from a 2011 knee injury, Lattimore looked like a shell of his old self before going down again in 2012. No one knows if he'll ever regain pre-injury form, making Lattimore a complete tossup 2013 draft prospect
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130700/marcus-lattimore

teaneck
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I posted a thread about the Giants track record to justify taking a chance on Lattimore in the 4th! Basically I said that since our draft picks past the 4th haven't been productive under Reese. It would be worth picking Lattimore in the 4th.

I think Wreh-Wilson is a complete DB, I hope he falls to us in the 3rd. But I think that JR might make some moves to give us more picks this year to where we can take Wreh-Wilson in the second.

That will be in my complete draft in a few weeks.

Carter.525
02-09-2013, 05:04 PM
1st - Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
2nd - Khaseem Greene, LB Rutgers
3rd - Logan Ryan, CB Rutgers
4th - Akeem Spence, DT Illinois
5th - Joe Kruger, DE Utah
6th - Michael Mauti, LB Penn St
7th - Braxston Cave, C Notre Dame

gabriel_1
02-10-2013, 01:37 AM
1st - Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia
2nd - David Amerson, CB NC State
3rd - Kyle Long, OT Oregon
4th - Devin Taylor, DE South Carolina
5th - Joseph Fauria, TE UCLA
6th - Brandon Williams, DT Missouri Southern
7th - Dustin Hopkins, K Florida State

teaneck
02-19-2013, 07:08 PM
1. Arthur Brown LB
2. Wreh-Wilson CB
3. ???
4. Josh Boyce WR
5. Marcus Lattimore RB
6. Levine Toilolo TE
7. Quant. Smith DE

UDFA

Stansley Maponga DE TCU

G-Men Surg.
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
yo tambien
Yo también hermano, listo y dispuesto !

NYGfanSTRICK
02-19-2013, 11:09 PM
1st Alec Olgetree LB Georgia (huge need, solid player, no explanation needed)
2nd D.J Fluker OT Alabama (big need IMO mught go before this pick, steal if happens)
3rd Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern St. (Stock rising, athletic big man, lots of sacks, need a playmaker DT)
4th Tharold Simon CB L.S.U (Haven't seen much on him, tall CB played good competition, we need a CB w/ size IMO)
5th Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse (could go higher or lower depending on workouts, physical, strong, good athlete)
6th Stansley Maponga DE T.C.U ( DE is a need, could be a steal)
7th Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska (productive, all around back, can catch well, seen him play a lot and he is a hardworker, great teammate also)
--------------------
UDFA
Reggie Dunn KR
*First mock draft i have ever attempted* I am hoping its alright and people would be happy with the selections

teaneck
02-20-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't think FO will touch Ogletree. I think Brown is a better player anyway, he has stronger intangibles, and he isn't a punk. Fluker probably wont fall to us in the second. But we will see! afterall it is a contest.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Looks good, though I've seen Wreh Wilson enter the 1st round conversation so I think its unlikely Wilson lasts till the mid 3rd. Maybe switch Brown and Wilson and it be a bit more realistic. Also Lattimore in the 4th might be a bit too high for such damaged goods:

One NFL evaluator told Pro Football Weekly that he could see South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) going undrafted in April.
PFW's quote-filled quickie column doesn't specify the NFL evaluator's title, but it's either a coach, scout, or front-office man. "Lattimore is tall and a little narrow-hipped," said the evaluator. "He is tough and the kind of kid you root for, but I thought he was a third-rounder before the injury. Now I don’t know if he gets drafted." After returning from a 2011 knee injury, Lattimore looked like a shell of his old self before going down again in 2012. No one knows if he'll ever regain pre-injury form, making Lattimore a complete tossup 2013 draft prospect
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130700/marcus-lattimore

dont see Wreh Wilson getting taken in the 1st,,second definitely. really like the draft though. to get richardson and brown would be sick.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
I don't think FO will touch Ogletree. I think Brown is a better player anyway, he has stronger intangibles, and he isn't a punk. Fluker probably wont fall to us in the second. But we will see! afterall it is a contest.

Yeah I know what you mean. I was looking at projections and it had him going 2nd round but he will most likely be gone before our pick. Olgetree will most likely not be our pick.... I forgot about the DUI. I might have to switch up my mock haha.

G-Men Surg.
02-20-2013, 01:28 AM
I posted my mock on Jan. 21 st. Obviously its not going to be my last one ,

1st round. Ezekiel Ansah BYU. DE.

2nd round. Travis Frederick Wis. G/C.

3rd round. Tharold Simon LSU. CB.

4th round. Nico Jonhson Alabama. ILB.

5th round. Ricky Wagner Wis. OT.

6th round. Michael Williams Alabama. TE.

7th round. Jonathan Cyprien FIU. SS

gabriel_1
02-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Cyprien is a second, third round pick at the best.

Ricky Wagner sucks too.

Rest is good.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-20-2013, 01:53 AM
*fixed*
1st Desmond Trufant CB Washington (future star I think)
2nd Oday Aboushi OT Virginia (more reasonable than Fluker in 2nd round)
3rd Brandon Williams Missouri Southern St
4th Jon Bostic(solid LB could turn into a nice player)
5th Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse
6th Stansley Maponga DE TCU
7th Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska

G-Men Surg.
02-20-2013, 02:55 AM
Cyprien is a second, third round pick at the best.

Ricky Wagner sucks too.

Rest is good.
Cyprien was projected in the 7 th round previous to the Senior bowl. Heck he wasn't even in the map in many mocks bro, and I made my mock previous to the game, look it up. And Ricky Wagner had a bad senior bowl but his film is up there to watch, he doesn't suck and for sure is great value at 5th round.

shane4177
02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
1 Ezekiel Ansah DE
2 Arthur Brown ILB
3 Terron Armstead OT
4 Bennie Logan DT
5 Terry Hawthorne CB
6 Hugh Thornton OG
7 Alec Lemon WR

Sovereign
02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
1. Xavier Rhodes, CB
2. Sylvester Williams, DT
3. Devin Taylor, DE
4. Robert Lester, SS
5. Chris Faulk, OT
6. Bruce Taylor, ILB
Comp. 6: Rodney Smith, WR
7. Ty Powell, OLB

myles2424
02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
1. Xavier Rhodes, CB
3. Devin Taylor, DE
4. Robert Lester, SS
5. Chris Faulk, OT
6. Bruce Taylor, ILB
Comp. 6: Rodney Smith, WR
7. Ty Powell, OLB
Any kind of LB is way too important as of now to wait until the 6th...

teaneck
02-20-2013, 07:00 PM
This is a contest! We can critique each others mocks in other threads.

Sovereign
02-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Any kind of LB is way too important as of now to wait until the 6th...

People have said that every year since 2009 and every year Reese waits until the 4th round at the least. Why will it change this year when we have a CB like Webster who can't cover or a defensive line that's thinner than an anorexic teenage girl?

It's almost hilarious of how people think a LB will fix things. Either people overrate our defensive depth or they overrate the LB position Fewell in his Super Bowl winning defense played 2 LBs for the majority of snaps.

teaneck
02-20-2013, 10:00 PM
In our superbowl winning year we didn't have to play against RGIII twice a year. Who knows what the Cowboys will do with their draft pick in 2014 when Romo's contract expires. Each football season is mutually exclusive of one another, we can't use evidence from previous seasons to influence the draft picks we make.

Sovereign
02-22-2013, 07:06 AM
1. Sam Montgomery, DE
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB
4. Xavier Nixon, OT
5. A.J. Klein, ILB
6. Cooper Taylor, SS
comp 6: Rodney Smith, WR
7. D.J. Hayden, CB