PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Draft Prospect Profile: Alec Ogeltree, LB, Georgia Scouting Report

RoanokeFan
02-05-2013, 12:41 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-draft/2013/2/5/3954244/2013-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-alec-ogletree-lb-Georgia-scouting-report-new-york-giants

Excerpt: "For many New York Giants fans, many of their fondest memories revolve around watching a group of dominating linebackers run around the field making plays. For the younger fans, many Giants fan say "there are teams in the league that have good linebacker play? I don't believe it." Today we use our 2013 NFL Draft prospect profile to look at a potential a first-round linebacker prospect, one of my personal favorites in the draft, when we take a look at Alec Ogletree of Georgia.

Excuse me in advance if I drool on my keyboard.

Pros

Unique athlete at the linebacker position. He possess terrific straight line speed. Even though, Ogletree could improve his strength, he plays violently. He's a super productive player, despite missing four games he racked up 111 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and broke up five passes while intercepting one. Ogletree has nearly unparalleled range and, as a former safety prospect he is good in coverage now, but has the potential to be terrific in coverage. Does a good job of going for the strip while also tackling the ball carrier. He has terrific length with the potential to develop into a good pass rusher as long as he works on using his hands and length more effectively." Read more...

titwio
02-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I've said it before but if he blows up the combine (like I think he will) and he's available at 19, I see the Giants taking him. Reese loves those big, freakish athletes.

The only way I don't see them taking him if he's available is if one the tackles are still on the board...Fisher or Johnson.

Carter.525
02-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I just wonder if he'll wind up as a weak side LB in the NFL..

myles2424
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
I just wonder if he'll wind up as a weak side LB in the NFL..
Hes the kind of guy you want on the field regardless of where it is

Carter.525
02-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Hes the kind of guy you want on the field regardless of where it is

I agree, He's who I want most at #19.. I hope he's at MLB though

TheAnalyst
02-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Ogletree or Ansah. Those are my picks. Other then that, a stout OL.