PDA

View Full Version : Will Beatty

Piddy283
02-05-2013, 10:25 PM
I've seen multiple threads regarding Cruz and his contract situation. Many folks throughout those threads express their desire to keep Will Beatty around, some even saying he's more important to the team than Cruz.

A stud LT is very valuable to a team, but I'm wondering why is there so much love for Beatty? I didn't pay much attention to him individually, but as a whole, the OL has been subpar for 2+years now. We get no push in the run game, and Eli is under consistent pressure. I'm not bashing Beatty at all. I'm just curious to why there's so much love for him. Was he really that good?

Buddy333
02-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Beatty played great this year. He graded out as the 4th best LT.

Cloud57
02-05-2013, 10:35 PM
he's not that good but where are you gonna find a good LT right now if he's not signed.

Kase-1
02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Beatty is one of our most important signings, just because its not a glamour position doesn't mean its not a necessity. LT is one of the most important positions on the field

B&RWarrior
02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Valid point, he is especially average at run blocking. He is one of the more athletic OTs. I think he is good enough to get the job done. We should look at other spots along the line to improve the run blocking like RG and RT, especially if we don't resign Boothe.

Kase-1
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
If we drafted Lane Johnson for the RT and Beatty for the LT then we have the makings of a great young OL. Id be thrilled to have 2 young, athletic, bookend Tackles for the next few years to come

Piddy283
02-05-2013, 10:46 PM
he's not that good but where are you gonna find a good LT right now if he's not signed.

This is where I'm kind of going with my thread. Is he really that good, or does he just stand out on a below average line?

Kase-1 mentioned LT is very important, and I agree. OL/DL are the most important units on a team besides QB so, again, this isn't a thread to knock Beatty. I'm just curious to know if he's as good as, what seems to be the majority of folks on this board, thinks he is.

Buddy333
02-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Lol. Can someone explain how he is not that good?

Drez
02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
This is where I'm kind of going with my thread. Is he really that good, or does he just stand out on a below average line?

Kase-1 mentioned LT is very important, and I agree. OL/DL are the most important units on a team besides QB so, again, this isn't a thread to knock Beatty. I'm just curious to know if he's as good as, what seems to be the majority of folks on this board, thinks he is.He was graded as the 4th best LT in the NFL by PFF. I'd have to say that even if their data is off a little it still means he's a top 10 LT in the NFL.

Kase-1
02-05-2013, 10:59 PM

Kase-1 mentioned LT is very important, and I agree. OL/DL are the most important units on a team besides QB so, again, this isn't a thread to knock Beatty. I'm just curious to know if he's as good as, what seems to be the majority of folks on this board, thinks he is. From profootballfocus.com

11. New York Giants (31)

PB – 20th, RB – 4th, PEN – 12th

Stud: Though he gets next to no praise, Will Beatty (+22.4) had a year that warranted Pro Bowl consideration. The penalties aren’t ideal, but there are not many left tackles who can keep their quarterback upright and generate movement in the run game. Beatty also ranked as the 11th best OT in the NFL last season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/17/snapshot-pbe-offensive-tackles/

Piddy283
02-05-2013, 11:09 PM
From profootballfocus.com

11. New York Giants (31)

PB – 20th, RB – 4th, PEN – 12th

Stud: Though he gets next to no praise, Will Beatty (+22.4) had a year that warranted Pro Bowl consideration. The penalties aren’t ideal, but there are not many left tackles who can keep their quarterback upright and generate movement in the run game. Beatty also ranked as the 11th best OT in the NFL last season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/17/snapshot-pbe-offensive-tackles/

So this actually shows he's better at run block than pass block? Interesting. What's PEN mean?

Buddy333 who said he isn't that good?

Kase-1
02-05-2013, 11:16 PM
So this actually shows he's better at run block than pass block? Interesting. What's PEN mean?

Buddy333 who said he isn't that good?Sorry I should have specified, the stats listed are for the team as a whole, not Beatty. If you click on the link that has his stats when compared to everyone else.

11th Best Overall OT William Beatty NYG 189Snaps., 8Pressures Allowed, 96.8 Pass Blocking Efficency

GiantRoc
02-06-2013, 02:47 AM
Piddy PEN means penalties. And I think he is a solid tackle. I'd definitely like him to stay.

Piddy283
02-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Piddy PEN means penalties. And I think he is a solid tackle. I'd definitely like him to stay.

I hope he stays! I definitely don't dislike the kid. Especially considering his age.

Appreciate the info.....had no clue what PEN meant, but now that I do it makes sense.

RoanokeFan
02-06-2013, 06:55 AM

Help me out, he graded out as the 4th best OT in the NFL. How bad can he be?

penguinfarmer
02-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Beatty got plenty of push in the run game from the LT position. Almost everything he needed to improve upon, he did.

My favorite part of Beatty's penalties though is that he leaves little doubt. It's either a full chokehold clothesline or bust. :cool:

Kruunch
02-06-2013, 07:52 AM
I've seen multiple threads regarding Cruz and his contract situation. Many folks throughout those threads express their desire to keep Will Beatty around, some even saying he's more important to the team than Cruz.

A stud LT is very valuable to a team, but I'm wondering why is there so much love for Beatty? I didn't pay much attention to him individually, but as a whole, the OL has been subpar for 2+years now. We get no push in the run game, and Eli is under consistent pressure. I'm not bashing Beatty at all. I'm just curious to why there's so much love for him. Was he really that good?

You're reading too much message board material.

You're talking about the same oline that produced a Super Bowl win, second least sacked QB in the league and top 10 in scoring.

Beatty has transitioned into a solid starting LT. That alone makes him gold.

Toadofsteel
02-06-2013, 08:15 AM
I think Beatty is more important to sign for the team than Cruz to be honest. If we had a power OL and Eli, he could make it work with anybody at WR, not to mention our running game would be that much better with Wilson in the backfield no longer having to pull blocking assignments all the time (because said improved OL doesn't need chips by the RB).

RoanokeFan
02-06-2013, 08:16 AM
I think Beatty is more important to sign for the team than Cruz to be honest. If we had a power OL and Eli, he could make it work with anybody at WR, not to mention our running game would be that much better with Wilson in the backfield no longer having to pull blocking assignments all the time (because said improved OL doesn't need chips by the RB).

Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden? :o

Toadofsteel
02-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden? :o

Moss might be pushing it, but we all saw in carolina what Eli could do with Barden given enough time in the pocket and another receiver to draw coverage away...

All i'm saying is if Eli gets 2-3 more seconds in the pocket, he could roll with Randle, Jernigan, and Barden as his starting WR and still kick ***...

TCHOF
02-06-2013, 08:33 AM
If we drafted Lane Johnson for the RT and Beatty for the LT then we have the makings of a great young OL. Id be thrilled to have 2 young, athletic, bookend Tackles for the next few years to come

That is my hope exactly. Beatty and Johnson.

gumby74
02-06-2013, 08:49 AM

I'm not entirely sure I agree (i'm still thinking about it), but I'd be lying if the thought didn't cross my mind.

ryan12
02-06-2013, 08:53 AM
beatty should be the teams top priorty. no need to have great wr if we dont have a good tackle protecting eli's blind side

Redeyejedi
02-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Considering other options at LT like Ryan Clady turned down 5 years 50 million it would be wise to not let Beatty slip away.

Kruunch
02-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Considering other options at LT like Ryan Clady turned down 5 years 50 million it would be wise to not let Beatty slip away.

That and we have serious issues at RT to address.

Buddy333
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
So this actually shows he's better at run block than pass block? Interesting. What's PEN mean?Buddy333 who said he isn't that good?You asked if he was really that good. I asked why he is not that good. Another posted also said he was not that good.

jomo
02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
beatty should be the teams top priorty. no need to have great wr if we dont have a good tackle protecting eli's blind sideSo long as we pay him like a good tackle not like a very good tackle. I can go either way on this one but we can't waste elite money on Beatty because he simply doesn't fit that bill. If another team chooses to overpay him we need to be prepared to walk.

simmstolt
02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I am happy with the progress Beatty has made. If he can stay healthy he may at this point be the best player on the line. There is a serious need at RT and the line needs to get younger. The Giants need to spend a high pick on the oline in the next couple years.