PDA

View Full Version : Sit back, strap in your seatbelt, and get ready to welcome the new hungrier talent

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Complacency will be out the door with the new blood taking the reigns.

A leader will emerge either already on the team or we will sign someone.

This is EXACTLY what this team needed. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will be on notice next season to perform at their very best or they realize they are gone. This opened up every player in that lockeroom eyes.

We have the coaching, the draft guru, the talent scouts and the prestigious organization that reads New York Giants that will willingly command every new player that walks into this locker room to play like their lives are on the line.

I for one am extremely excited and optimistic.

ibbill
02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
+1

slipknottin
02-06-2013, 06:00 PM
if you want to stamp out complacency, why release a guy like bradshaw who gave 100% every snap on broken feet and ankles?

Isnt that in fact sending the opposite message?

Or these cuts had nothing to do with complacency at all, they cut guys with big salaries who spent most of last season injured.

Drez
02-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Slip has this dead to rights. These were all business decisions and had nothing to do with any of the players' performance or heart.

jomo
02-06-2013, 06:04 PM

This is EXACTLY what this team needed. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will be on notice next season to perform at their very best or they realize they are gone. This opened up every player in that lockeroom eyes.

We have the coaching, the draft guru, the talent scouts and the prestigious organization that reads New York Giants that will willingly command every new player that walks into this locker room to play like their lives are on the line.

I for one am extremely excited and optimistic.I am so with you!

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:06 PM
if you want to stamp out complacency, why release a guy like bradshaw who gave 100% every snap on broken feet and ankles?

Or these cuts had nothing to do with complacency at all, they cut guys with big salaries who spent most of last season injured.
He was a necessary casualty. Often injured and carried a big salary.

The cuts alone will lave complacency out the door. We just cut three starters, Bradshaw who we drafted and has been with us for 6 years, Boley who was brought in through FA was with us 4 years and Chris Canty also 4 years.

No one is safe.

jomo
02-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Slip has this dead to rights. These were all business decisions and had nothing to do with any of the players' performance or heart.Mixed bag here. With Bradshaw, they simply can't spend all that money at RB. He remains a warrior. With Diehl and Canty and Boley, it is a blend of business and non performance relative to their costs.

slipknottin
02-06-2013, 06:07 PM
The cuts alone will lave complacency out the door. We just cut three starters, Bradshaw who we drafted and has been with us for 6 years, Boley who was brought in through FA was with us 4 years and Chris Canty also 4 years.

No one is safe.

I dont see how cutting guys who played harder than everyone else is showing the team that complacency wont be tolerated.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Slip has this dead to rights. These were all business decisions and had nothing to do with any of the players' performance or heart.

Sorry, my point wasn't clear.

I'm not saying we cut guys based on their performance.

I'm saying any player who even though of taking a play off will now second guess themselves. This should/will be one of the best training camps in recent years.

Drez
02-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Mixed bag here. With Bradshaw, they simply can't spend all that money at RB. He remains a warrior. With Diehl and Canty and Boley, it is a blend of business and non performance relative to their costs.Diehl hasn't been cut, and probably won't be. At least not until FA starts. We have next to no depth on the OL and our starting LT and LG are FAs themselves.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I dont see how cutting guys who played harder than everyone else is showing the team that complacency wont be tolerated.
It sends a message that anyone can and will be cut if you don't play to the level that's expected of you.

It's a business that expects results.

slipknottin
02-06-2013, 06:11 PM
It sends a message that anyone can and will be cut if you don't play to the level they expect.

It's a business that expects results.

Or you can get cut if you are making a ton of money and get injured.

Cloud57
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.moneylife.in/site/userimage/image/seats-belts.png

Drez
02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
It sends a message that anyone can and will be cut if you don't play to the level they expect.

It's a business that expects results.Considering the amount of time Bradshaw missed, he definitely sang for his supper. Boley and Canty, perhaps not as much. However, these were all business decisions and only sends the message that we're tight against the cap and have a **** load of our own guys that we need to re-sign.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Considering the amount of time Bradshaw missed, he definitely sang for his supper. Boley and Canty, perhaps not as much. However, these were all business decisions and only sends the message that we're tight against the cap and have a **** load of our own guys that we need to re-sign.
Exactly. Necessary casualties.

Although they had performed better they might of secured themselves regardless of their price tag.

No way to really avoid injury unless you maybe take care of your body better and even then.

B-Red22
02-06-2013, 06:18 PM

The OP always killed Bradshaw on here

Drez
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Exactly. Necessary casualties.

Although they had performed better they might of secured themselves regardless of their price tag.

No way to really avoid injury unless you maybe take care of your body better and even then.With as high a cap number as Canty was seeing this season, he'd need All Pro production to have justified a roster spot, and even then it may not have been secure.

I just think you're off base on thinking it has anything to do with guys being hungry or putting guys on notice. We were cap strapped and needed to make some cuts. 3 guys that have been banged up and due large salaries got cut.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
The OP always killed Bradshaw on here

No I didn't.

Bradshaw was simply better suited as a "number 2" back. I didn't agree with how we utilized him.

I LOVED Bradshaw and everything he stood for.. his passion for the game.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
With as high a cap number as Canty was seeing this season, he'd need All Pro production to have justified a roster spot, and even then it may not have been secure.

I just think you're off base on thinking it has anything to do with guys being hungry or putting guys on notice. We were cap strapped and needed to make some cuts. 3 guys that have been banged up and due large salaries got cut.
You're still not grasping my point.

I never said anything of the sort.

The moves we made will have an effect on the remaining players, how could it not?

Drez
02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
You're still not grasping my point.

I never said anything of the sort.

The moves we made will have an effect on the remaining players, how could it not?I don't think it's going to give them any extra motivation. These moves will be seen as what they were, tough business decisions.

nhpgiantsfan
02-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Sorry, my point wasn't clear.

I'm not saying we cut guys based on their performance.

I'm saying any player who even though of taking a play off will now second guess themselves. This should/will be one of the best training camps in recent years.

Nah, this stuff happens with teams every year. It won't change how certain players think. It's all about how your salary affects the cap. If the team thinks you make more than your worth and cutting you helps the cap, then you'll go. If cutting you hurts the cap then you'll stay.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't think it's going to give them any extra motivation. These moves will be seen as what they were, tough business decisions.

We just cut a 6 year veteran and two 4 year veterans, without a thought.

That wouldn't motivate you as a player to ensure your stock in their eyes? Come on bud..

flashnando
02-06-2013, 06:41 PM

I agree with both, sure these cuts were made with saving money in mind but I also agree with the original poster that the Giants show, with these cuts, that they are not afraid to cut anyone. So these cuts serve 2 purposes in my opinion, one is money and two is sending the message that no matter who you are you can be cut if you don't perform because we are not afraid of cutting big names.

Drez
02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
We just cut a 6 year veteran and two 4 year veterans, without a thought.

That wouldn't motivate you as a player to ensure your stock in their eyes? Come on bud..No. It's just the business side of it. This is a reality that they live with every day. It makes the headlines on days like today, but they all know that they can be cut at any time. Why do you think guys want so much guaranteed money?

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
02-06-2013, 06:44 PM

He may have given it his all but he's declined and injury prone. You don't think AP gave it his all? Blackburn gives it his all but he's going onto his 9th season and is always slow. Heart is good but it doesn't mean you can produce..look at LaVar Arrington, he played with a lot of heart and tried to come back from a Redskins team that dismissed him and misused him..

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:44 PM
I agree with both, sure these cuts were made with saving money in mind but I also agree with the original poster that the Giants show, with these cuts, that they are not afraid to cut anyone. So these cuts serve 2 purposes in my opinion, one is money and two is sending the message that no matter who you are you can be cut if you don't perform because we are not afraid of cutting big names.
Bingo and that was my original point, it just got blurred.

simmstolt
02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I personally love the moves regardless of the cap. As much as Bradshaw has meant his health isn't likely to improve with age. Perhaps this is Reese and co FINALLY forcing the coaches to consider younger players who are hungry and playing for a better contract someday and not solely cap related as these are cuts and not attempted restructures. This team has been carrying dead weight, especially on D, for 4 years and cuts have been long overdue. The Super Bowl was a magical mirage but the realities of the league are the smart organizations (GBay, Niners, Pats) stockpile as many young players as possible and have no problem inserting FA's into service. This coaching staff needs to get with the program. We can't rely on Eli and magical 4 game sweeps to happen to continually obfuscate all the second half collapses. We struck lightning twice, and Baltimore did as well, but I don't think it is the best organizational approach nor is it anything but a gut wrenching horror show at times for fans.

The_ One
02-06-2013, 07:58 PM

I for one am extremely excited and optimistic.You need to come to the realization that you can not win the SB every year, or a matter of fact make the playoffs, the cuts that were made were all for cap reasons, nothing more nothing less. Everyone here needs to realize at the end of the day it's a business, and the old expensive and high mileage cars needed to go.

BlueReign
02-06-2013, 08:13 PM

This. If you wanted to get rid of those who weren't hungry, Bradshaw would still be here.

egyptian420
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
It's time to get young.

All the people that love Belichick and New England's way of building through the draft and young talent.....you should be happy now.