PDA

View Full Version : Revis Island fictional like Gilligan's island.

appodictic
12-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I am not trying to say Revis is not a great player. But I will say there is so much inequity when people develop a "reputation" as being good.

If people say your a good cornerback you are allowed to blatantly hold nicks arm back while making a catch, or as the case in the green bay game literally wrap up and tackle a giants WR.

Revis is in good position often so in those cases I think he deserves the right to go after the ball, but if he is one step or a half step behind and he cant touch receivers.

This reminds me of Michael Jordan, great player, for sure but would trip over his own feet and get calls. The guy was good enought and could dunk on 7' centers, but would get chippy calls because someone touched his arm on a post up.

I wish we could get a celebrity call every now and again. All of our reviews take 40 minutes. We had a ware catch a TD pass. They took it away and placed the ball on the 2. The fricken 2 get real. How do you go from a TD to the two?

stormblue
12-25-2011, 01:21 PM
getting a celebrity call requires having a celebrity

appodictic
12-25-2011, 01:25 PM
getting a celebrity call requires having a celebrity We should make someone a celebrity by talking them up. Il l start now. Victor Cruz is a god. Nicks is the best receiver ever to play the game if he drops something it MUST be a PI. our o-line is incredible. There is no way a holding call can ever go against them.

gradstang
12-25-2011, 01:25 PM
that whole revis thing was hyped up by that fat loud mouth who doesnt win anything coach of theirs. revis is good but that dude holds!

JPP
12-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Yea and it looked like numerous times he started tackling Nicks to early and greabbing him by the arms and trying to pull him backwards just as the ball gets their which should be PI but I guess it is a thin line right refs.

appodictic
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM
But refs in baseball seem to make an out at first base call. They get it right most to the time. Players foot on the bag vs the catch of the ball. How come our zebra's cant judge a person hitting another before the ball gets to them.

nycisgreat
12-25-2011, 11:29 PM
that whole revis thing was hyped up by that fat loud mouth who doesnt win anything coach of theirs. revis is good but that dude holds!

I know there were at least two play, which Revis held Nicks. But other then those plays I thought he played him straight up.

Really, I thought Revis shut Nicks completely down. Eli target Revis several times yesterday, and I was surprised that Revis was able to do so. This guy has excellent timing hitting receivers, so they aren't be able to make a clean catch. I haven't seen any corner shut Nicks down the way Revis did yesterday. Also, I think Revis is the main reason why Eli was 9/25 yesterday. You have to give credit where it is due.

Defcon4
12-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I don't know what game anybody else was looking at but the game I watched saw Revis deliver as advertised. I hate this guy and I get so sick of hearing about Revis Island, but I would be lying if I said his play on Saturday was anything less than impressive.

On a separate note it's the second game in a row where Nicks has struggled catching the ball on easy catches. When facing good corners you have to make the easy catches.

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Revis gets away with it because he plays the ball so well, almost always gets a hand on it. A good reputation certainly helps too, but he didn't get the reputation by people on a message board touting him up. League took notice.

swordfish
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Realy, on the Eli interception to Nicks on our twenty yard line, it looked to me like Revis was hanging on Nicks like a cape before the ball got there, if that was Webster or Ross that would have been a penalty, even Eli mentined that in his press conference, anyways, the ball should have been cought by Nicks regradless, the kid needs to change those ridiculous looking gloves he is wearing this year, go back to the mits of last year, just to many drops from Nicks this year, he seems to want to run before he has the ball for some reason.

nycisgreat
12-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Realy, on the Eli interception to Nicks on our twenty yard line, it looked to me like Revis was hanging on Nicks like a cape before the ball got there, if that was Webster or Ross that would have been a penalty, even Eli mentined that in his press conference, anyways, the ball should have been cought by Nicks regradless, the kid needs to change those ridiculous looking gloves he is wearing this year, go back to the mits of last year, just to many drops from Nicks this year, he seems to want to run before he has the ball for some reason.

Lol, The Giants receiving corp could be the best in the league, but the problems with them dropping balls in the thing that is holding them back. I hope they can work on their catching the mini camps this off season.

G4L
12-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Realy, on the Eli interception to Nicks on our twenty yard line, it looked to me like Revis was hanging on Nicks like a cape before the ball got there, if that was Webster or Ross that would have been a penalty, even Eli mentined that in his press conference, anyways, the ball should have been cought by Nicks regradless, the kid needs to change those ridiculous looking gloves he is wearing this year, go back to the mits of last year, just to many drops from Nicks this year, <FONT size=4>he seems to want to run before he has the ball for some reason</FONT>.</P>

I think you may be onto something there. Maybe Nicks is seeing all the YAC Cruz is racking up and is trying to make more happen. He's being upstaged by a second year undrafted kid out of UMass who missed his entire rookie year.</P>

gmen0820
12-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Realy, on the Eli interception to Nicks on our twenty yard line, it looked to me like Revis was hanging on Nicks like a cape before the ball got there, if that was Webster or Ross that would have been a penalty, even Eli mentined that in his press conference, anyways, the ball should have been cought by Nicks regradless, the kid needs to change those ridiculous looking gloves he is wearing this year, go back to the mits of last year, just to many drops from Nicks this year, <FONT size=4>he seems to want to run before he has the ball for some reason</FONT>.</P>

I think you may be onto something there.* Maybe Nicks is seeing all the YAC Cruz is racking up and is trying to make more happen.* He's being upstaged by a second year undrafted kid out of UMass who missed his entire rookie year.</P>I hope we win and Nicks has another awful game so he stops having coverage rolled his way and explodes in the WC round.

Defcon4
12-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't think Cruz is upstaging Nicks. Cruz's success is due to the fact that most teams roll coverage towards Nicks on most downs. Nicks is the reason for Cruz's success.