PDA

View Full Version : CB Situation

teaneck
02-06-2013, 07:47 PM
If we cut CWebb, would we be able to just give his salary to another FA stud CB? Or would the cap situation prevent that?

myles2424
02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
if he doesnt take less $$$ he's gone....FA or not, any decent FA would be a upgrade & will make less $$ (in the firsr year of a new contract atleast)

Toadofsteel
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
if he doesnt take less $$$ he's gone....FA or not, any decent FA would be a upgrade & will make less $$ (in the firsr year of a new contract atleast)

Not just decent FA... if you follow the trends, HOSLEY would be an upgrad next season...

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Hosley would not be an upgrade next season, don't kid yourself.

So many people give up on players so quickly.... let Corey come back next season healthy and hungrier than ever.

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011.

fizzlesticks
02-06-2013, 08:08 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/redherring1up/163079104/in/pool-93073157@N00/lightbox/
would be an upgrade over Webster.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Prince will most likely be the #1 CB next season taking some pressure off Webster. Assuming we don't play sides and they roll their best receiver to Websters side.

Or Maybe he just had a down season... it happens.

I'm not ready to give up on him. Without him playing lights out we never win the Super Bowl... hell we don't win either Suer Bowl.

The_ One
02-06-2013, 09:21 PM

So many people give up on players so quickly.... let Corey come back next season healthy and hungrier than ever.

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011.C. Webb is done, he is not playing up to his salary, and he is not getting any younger, some players decline over time, and some just drop like a rock, and C. Webb has dropped like a rock. Thanks for the two SB Championships, but it's time for some youth.

Sean Montemayor
02-06-2013, 09:57 PM
C. Webb is done, he is not playing up to his salary, and he is not getting any younger, some players decline over time, and some just drop like a rock, and C. Webb has dropped like a rock. Thanks for the two SB Championships, but it's time for some youth. +1

ozzie0075
02-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Not just decent FA... if you follow the trends, HOSLEY would be an upgrad next season...

Hosley is too small to play on the outside.

drewz
02-06-2013, 10:06 PM
It's a significant chunk we can give to another #1 corner.. Get a true #1 corner, keep prince #2, and keep Hosley in the slot.

Truth is between Prince and Hosley, both of them haven't been ab;e to stay on the field.. So I think it's guaranteed we pick up another CB either in FA or draft

Sosynciere
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Three names. Webster, Prince, Hosley. CB is a MAJOR need if you ask me.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
C. Webb is done, he is not playing up to his salary, and he is not getting any younger, some players decline over time, and some just drop like a rock, and C. Webb has dropped like a rock. Thanks for the two SB Championships, but it's time for some youth.

Can you tell me the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow?

Sean Montemayor
02-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Ha, too funny. +1

DownWitJPP
02-06-2013, 10:32 PM
only corners currently on the roster are : C-Web, Prince, Hosley, Tryon and Terrence Frederick yikes...

Carter.525
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
might have to address this in the 1st round..

DownWitJPP
02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
might have to address this in the 1st round..

I doubt we go corner in the first with all our other needs, but we can never have too many good corners. they seem to drop like flies around here

laylow28
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011. So true. Also I find it funny many are so quick to want (enter player) resigned.

Redeyejedi
02-06-2013, 10:48 PM

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011.Its the money 2. They cut him they save 8 million in cap space . U sign a starter for 6 a year save 2 million and upgrade the CB spot

Sosynciere
02-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Its the money 2. They cut him they save 8 million in cap space . U sign a starter for 6 a year save 2 million and upgrade the CB spot

What corners are worth six million a year in the free agent market? Revis? Guys who get cut? I'm not sure there's a guy out there, at least not off the top of my head. And the money we save has to take into account what we eventually give Beatty, Nicks, Cruz, JPP.......

It's not like basketball where we can offer three max players at the same time and survive consistently.

drewz
02-06-2013, 11:04 PM
What corners are worth six million a year in the free agent market? Revis? Guys who get cut? I'm not sure there's a guy out there, at least not off the top of my head. And the money we save has to take into account what we eventually give Beatty, Nicks, Cruz, JPP.......

It's not like basketball where we can offer three max players at the same time and survive consistently.

Yep. Brandon car set the market last year 5yr/50 mill for a good corner

ny06
02-07-2013, 12:57 AM

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011.
You're speaking more with your heart then your head.

teaneck
02-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Hosley is a nickel DB. with the way the nfl is going we need a bigger CB on the outside, one that is fast too. Sean Smith wants a 6 yr 43 million dollar contract. that would be around 7 mil per year. If we could get our cap number low this year i would front load his contract so we could pay our guys down the road.

speed3freak
02-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Chris Gamble or Sean Smith would be good replacements for Webster.... but if we sign either KP is definitely a goner.

Imgrate
02-07-2013, 01:44 AM
I think he has to be cut. If we don't cut him this year isn't he due 10+ in 2014?

nycsportzfan
02-07-2013, 08:54 AM

You don't cut a guy like C-Web so fast. He was one of the best CB's in the league from the '07 playoff run up until 2011. What do u mean u don't cut Corey so fast? The guy didn't even start being productive till playoff run of 07, which was like 4yrs into his career.. And since then hes had like 2 down yrs mixed in with some really brilliant ones. I don't get the crazy loyalty over the aging vet who took forever to be productive and since has had a few great yrs and a couple bad ones and is now aging and makes a ton of money...

nycsportzfan
02-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Chris Gamble or Sean Smith would be good replacements for Webster.... but if we sign either KP is definitely a goner. I would love Derek Cox or EJ Biggers... Biggers is a up and coming player, and played well after Talib was traded for bucs last yr... Cox could be a steal, if he stays healthy.. I know its nerve racking adding a injury prone player, but Cox is a guy i'd take that chance with assuming its a fair deal for the giants... Very talented..

GiantsSB23
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
We need to invest in a shutdown corner something I dont think we've had EVER!! Webster needs to either take a cut and take a back up role, or we can just release him altogether...he gets burned by receivers too much and have given up big plays in crucial games so something needs to be done.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
We need to invest in a shutdown corner something I dont think we've had EVER!! Webster needs to either take a cut and take a back up role, or we can just release him altogether...he gets burned by receivers too much and have given up big plays in crucial games so something needs to be done. I completely agree. Look what happened in the game @ Baltimore this year. He got beat the entire game, giving up touchdowns. At the time they were just another ordinary team, even though they would eventually be Super Bowl champs, but it doesn't matter. He's old, experienced, yet he gets beat. Reese will most likely cut him. He remembers that game all too well. Webster gets paid big money to be a DB and he can't even do his job correctly. Time to pack Webster.

G14ntzF4π
02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
I completely agree. Look what happened in the game @ Baltimore this year. He got beat the entire game, giving up touchdowns. At the time they were just another ordinary team, even though they would eventually be Super Bowl champs, but it doesn't matter. He's old, experienced, yet he gets beat. Reese will most likely cut him. He remembers that game all too well. Webster gets paid big money to be a DB and he can't even do his job correctly. Time to pack Webster.
I will throw a party I've wanted his underachieving *** gone for years