PDA

View Full Version : It would be a HUGE mistake to not resign Bennett, Francessa says Snee might retire?

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Francessa apparently says Bennett won't return and says Snee could possibly retire. Would be such a HUGE mistake to not resign Bennett. Hes just scratched the surface here.

I know Francessa isn't a very credible source when it comes to Big Blue as he doesn't have the pulse of the team as much as he believes.

Said he was hearing "rumblings" that Snee was considering retirement.

Rudyy
02-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I hope we resign Bennett.

BlueReign
02-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Makes you wonder how bad his hip is.

Jahh
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I think Snee acknowledge this. Basically saying he considered retirement but hes definitely coming back this year.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Makes you wonder how bad his hip is.

Would explain his "down season" last year.

If we lost Snee all hope would be lost... we would be in such bad shape.

Drez
02-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Francessa apparently says Bennett won't return and says Snee could possibly retire. Would be such a HUGE mistake to not resign Bennett. Hes just scratched the surface here.

I know Francessa isn't a very credible source when it comes to Big Blue as he doesn't have the pulse of the team as much as he believes.

Said he was hearing "rumblings" that Snee was considering retirement.
Snee has mentioned in passing that when players get to be his age the begin to think about when they should retire, or something to that effect.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Snee has mentioned in passing that when players get to be his age the begin to think about when they should retire, or something to that effect.
It's also got to be hard for Snee to see all of his buddies he spent his entire career with all depart within a couple of years.

O'Hara, Seubert, K-mack, and now maybe Diehl are all gone.

Also Coughlin is his father-in-law he might not want to be here longer than Coughlin. Could play into his thinking even though TC essentially has an open ended contract.

Flip Empty
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I just don't know if they can afford Bennett.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 08:35 PM
I just don't know if they can afford Bennett.

We HAVE to find a way... the guy even said he would take a home town discount to stay with us. He LOVES being a Giant.

I've LOVED this guy ever since we signed him. Been a pleasure and I knew once Mike Pope got his hands on him he would be special. Just barely scratched the surface.

bigal1giant
02-06-2013, 08:51 PM
To lose Snee the way the team is set up right now would be, IMHO, huge! I'm no GM but IMHO I've always wondered why we got rid of Mitch Petrus? Great collegian, mean as hell, and was a powerful, road-grader type, who should have fit the G-Men's profile of an OG!!! Oh well, as far as I know, he's still available!

ozzie0075
02-06-2013, 08:54 PM
To lose Snee the way the team is set up right now would be, IMHO, huge! I'm no GM but IMHO I've always wondered why we got rid of Mitch Petrus? Great collegian, mean as hell, and was a powerful, road-grader type, who should have fit the G-Men's profile of an OG!!! Oh well, as far as I know, he's still available!

Petrus was absolutely awful in preseason.

Sean Montemayor
02-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Bennett gone?'NO!

RagTime Blue
02-06-2013, 09:05 PM
as far as I know, he's still available!

Nobody else picked him up? How good could he possibly be?

And as far as Snee goes, I'm sorry, but if you're talking about retiring, you're halfway there.

Cool Papa B.
02-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Snee is due to make about $6,700,000 in 2013 and $6,900,000 in 2014. It's hard for me to believe he would leave all that money on the table.

RagTime Blue
02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Snee is due to make about $6,700,000 in 2013 and $6,900,000 in 2014. It's hard for me to believe he would leave all that money on the table.

Good point. Makes me wonder if they'd possibly ever cut him, given his relationship with TC. He's been a solid player, and has earned everything he's got so far. But I couldn't see TC taking that kind of money away from his own daughter, or JR doing that to his beloved and trusted HC.

Martyr
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Im sure Reese will make the right choice

GiantRoc
02-06-2013, 10:33 PM
I honestly can't see Bennett going anywhere. Who knows with Snee. I think that rests with the surgical outcome.

Toadofsteel
02-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Good point. Makes me wonder if they'd possibly ever cut him, given his relationship with TC. He's been a solid player, and has earned everything he's got so far. But I couldn't see TC taking that kind of money away from his own daughter, or JR doing that to his beloved and trusted HC.

If TC had to make the cut, i'm sure he'd give some of his own money in compensation under the table.

ImElectric2
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Franscesca's clown shoes. I feel he's the type to make statements like that "from the gut". The same gut that persuads him order 2 entrees when he dines out every night.

gmen0820
02-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah I definitely want Bennett back. He's an asset in the redzone and as a blocker.

I doubt he demands too much $$ either.

drewz
02-06-2013, 11:13 PM
So does this mean we re-sign Bennett and Snee plays this season?

gmen0820
02-06-2013, 11:17 PM
If Snee retired though, we'd be in very good shape cap-wise. Our line will lack a lot of cohesion though which is the only thing they have going for them now. But I'm not necessarily over-concerned about the OL, our skill position players -- provided, healthy -- will pick up the slack in that department if needed.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 12:05 AM
If Snee retired though, we'd be in very good shape cap-wise. Our line will lack a lot of cohesion though which is the only thing they have going for them now. But I'm not necessarily over-concerned about the OL, our skill position players -- provided, healthy -- will pick up the slack in that department if needed.

I'm personally very worried about the state of our OL and have been for many years. Their numbers in protection this year were largely inflated due to Eli having Jedi Master levels of pocket presence. Run blocking improved, can't blame them for that, but in the passing game I give 95% of the credit on improvement to Eli.

Now if Eli had all day to throw instead of worrying about the rush, he could make magic happen with Jernigan and Barden...

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Yeah I definitely want Bennett back. He's an asset in the redzone and as a blocker. I doubt he demands too much $$ either. +1