PDA

View Full Version : How many more cuts do you think?

TroyArcher
02-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Seems they are really cleaning house

joemorrisforprez
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
If he is, I wouldn't be surprised. But I doubt it.

Toadofsteel
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Nah, from what I heard in another thread, they're going in alphabetical order. Boley, Bradshaw, Canty. Diehl will be next, then Tuck, and finally Webster.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Not a chance Tuck is cut.

I don't care how poorly he's played the past 2 years... who the hell would be on our D-line if Tuck gets released? We would have JPP and Linval Joseph unless we bring Osi back which I would be all for.

Even if they moved Kiwi back to the D-line it would only be JPP and Kiwi at ends... not happening. Tucks will be hungrier than ever and will silenc his critics with a nice season.

myles2424
02-06-2013, 06:45 PM
No,DE is too shaky....Theres a few guys that are easier cuts than tuck....

Gmen2005
02-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I think they'll give him one more year. Hopefully he's totally healthy by the start of the season.

jomo
02-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Seems they are really cleaning houseRenegotiate his deal and he can stay. Afterall he is turning into the hulk at the Timex Center, isn't he? lol

nycisgreat
02-06-2013, 06:48 PM
If he is, I wouldn't be surprised. But I doubt it.

I agree. The only reason why I don't see it happening is because of the respect the FO have for Tuck.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 12:18 AM
And if so, who?

gmen0820
02-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Hopefully Diehl is let go (regardless of potential savings), and Webster is given a pay cut. If that all happens, it should be adequate to get some key players under contract, as well as be players in free agency.

I wish we'd try to get Canty back, but given that they didn't even offer a restructure, I don't see that as likely. I'm baffled by that, but maybe his health is worse than I know.

NYKiller
02-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Webster and Diehl MUST GO!!!

drewz
02-07-2013, 12:34 AM
If Diehl is gone, I'd be content.. but hopefully it doesn't with him and includes Webster and Diehl..

I'm OKAY with Webster staying, as long as his salary is cut

laylow28
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
T2 is a sure cut also

dnotch121
02-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Nah, from what I heard in another thread, they're going in alphabetical order. Boley, Bradshaw, Canty. Diehl will be next, then Tuck, and finally Webster. LMAO sure looks like it too

laylow28
02-07-2013, 02:01 AM
I think Tuck is safe

G-Men Surg.
02-07-2013, 04:06 AM
No,DE is too shaky....Theres a few guys that are easier cuts than tuck....
Well DT was shaky too and Canty got the ax.

EnragedYouth85
02-07-2013, 04:33 AM
T2 is a sure cut also

I think T2 is cut but brought back at a vet min this year to try out for a safety/ST spot.

Rat_bastich
02-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Not many cuts coming. Probably no-namers and camp fodder with a few others mixed in. Your big, next bunch will go by way of the Free Agency door.

Captain Chaos
02-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Webster and Diehl MUST GO!!!

I could get on board with that; however, we would need to sign a veteran CB....

Captain Chaos
02-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Don't think so from what I've read.

TCHOF
02-07-2013, 07:54 AM
No chance

Jahh
02-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Ralph V and Garafolo both were expecting at least one more big one (judging by their tweets). I have to imagine that it will happen today.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Beckum and Barden but that doesn't save us anything in terms of CAP as they're free agents

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Cut Diehl, T2, and Rolle, and use that cap room to get Beatty re-signed, maybe even Cruz as well. Cut Toaster and use his cap room to sign a veteran CB that can actually play the position...

JPizzack
02-07-2013, 09:31 AM
I think one more year is worth the risk. He's been playing through injury as far as I can tell, so if healthy, it's possible we could see a good season from him. As someone said earlier, to "silence the critics"

VEGAS-NYG-FAN
02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Id Like to Have Sean Smith Mia CB on our roster. We'd need to Whack CWed to do that.
JAred Cook would be a nice addition to TE as well. But then its another year learning this complex offense.... why not just give Bennett a 1 yr deal again
Id like to grab Bennetts bro from TB a DE there to replace Osi. Could we move Tuck to DT? That way our best 4 DLine would be on the field.
There are a few LB who could fill the need and come not so pricey. Raiders have 2 UFA i believe.... Some really nice #'s follow them. I dont have that info with me at this time but did yesterday....A few Nice DT as well out there would come on the mid range,,,maybe a 1 yr deal we strike... i doubt it unless they are not signed and its late on the clock....

For whats its worth... Inside INFO... My brother works at Pebble Beach and last week he ran into a few guys who were golfing there and being a diehard like myself he noticed a NYG cleaning towel or something like that..turns out 1 of the 4 guys works in Giants head office, behinds scenes... I wont mention his name or anything.. My bro asked a ? about Ogletree and Ziggy and the dude said, We have things in place and you are gonna be surprised about our Selection this year and the direction we go. So what does that mean? does it mean they are not Looking at Alec or Ziggy as there first round pick bc....1) they feel they will be gone, 2) they feel they can get comparable DE and OLB in 2nd round. This makes me look DT, OL, would be our 1st pick...

thoughts on that news....

ryan12
02-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Cut Diehl, T2, and Rolle, and use that cap room to get Beatty re-signed, maybe even Cruz as well. Cut Toaster and use his cap room to sign a veteran CB that can actually play the position...

i agree diehl t2 and webster are definite cuts and if rolle wont restructure show him the door im perfectly happy with stevie brown and will hill at saftey next year

yo-ho
02-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I think T2 is cut but brought back at a vet min this year to try out for a safety/ST spot.

Yes the hole created after they release Phillips.

VEGAS-NYG-FAN
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM

Dheil, T2 and CWed aRE GONNA COUNT 17.8 mIL AGAISNT THE CAP TY... Id say all are gone or restructured... Could T2 and Cweb restructure? Do we grab a Sean Smith out of Miami D. and then take a shot at T2 again for way Less and make him ST and Dime packages until fully recovered?

rebelfan1966
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I dont think he is cut this season, but another season like this past one.... he will be let go.

Cloud57
02-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Webster and Diehl MUST GO!!!Diehl is a warrior and a workhorse, he needs to stay because he plays with heart

yo-ho
02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Not a chance Tuck is cut.

I don't care how poorly he's played the past 2 years... who the hell would be on our D-line if Tuck gets released? We would have JPP and Linval Joseph unless we bring Osi back which I would be all for.

Even if they moved Kiwi back to the D-line it would only be JPP and Kiwi at ends... not happening. Tucks will be hungrier than ever and will silenc his critics with a nice season.

What do you mean you don't care how poorly he played the last two years? We could have kept Dave Tollifson and got the same level of play. And where does his hunger come from? He's already got two superbowl rings. He's getting hurt often and his performance is declining. it's keeping players like this with big salaries that bring the team down. Osi should be released as well or given a big pay cut to be a situational player JPP, and Kiwi would start and Ojomo would rotate in. pick up a free agent to rotate in as well.

mommy2dylan
02-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't think he gets cut ... he signed a very cap friendly salary, so his saving would not be significant

bigblue58
02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Seems they are really cleaning house
Just to name a few, I think that within the next week, Tuck, Diehl and Webster will all be former Giants...and that it's just the tip of the iceberg!
It's not hard to predict.....make a list of all the players who were injured, or underperformed last year who are due to make major money in 2013 and you will see who the bell is tolling for.

titwio
02-07-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't see them letting Osi go and then cutting Tuck. That's too much to recover from. Tuck is completely safe IMHO.

TCHOF
02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm predicting that by this time next week, Tuck, Webster and Diehl will all be ex-Giants

I will bet you my house that you are wrong.

GiantsSB23
02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
I doubt if they cut him but if they do they better re-sign Osi that is if he even wants to stay a Giant.

bigblue58
02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
I will bet you my house that you are wrong.

Are we talking furnished or unfurnished?

bebil10
02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
shadow of the player we all think he is, really that should be discussed in the past tense. I think it would be better to let him go and move Kiwi back to DE.

titwio
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Are we talking furnished or unfurnished?

I'll throw in my apartment and dog as well.

bigblue58
02-07-2013, 10:47 AM
They cut Canty who had been much more productive than Tuck.......... so I don't see how Tuck can be safe.

bigblue58
02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I'll throw in my apartment and dog as well.

Lets see...should I live in the house and rent the apartment, or live in the apartment and rent out the house?????
Does your dog shed?

titwio
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Lets see...should I live in the house and rent the apartment, or live in the apartment and rent out the house?????
Does your dog shed?

Or you could live in the house and use the apartment as a summer rental. The dog sheds mildy and we have a great view of brick walls here.

Actually I see Tuck being safe because Osi is likely gone. If they don't bring back either one that leaves them thin with JPP and Kiwi. Then who...Ojomo (highly unproven) and Tracey (a hybrid LB/DE). The Giants like to rotate a deep D-line and I just can't see them going into this season that lite on such a valued position.

G14ntzF4π
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
He can go

bigblue58
02-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Well, if nothing else, waiting to see what happens next is making the offseason a damn sight more exciting anyway!

G14ntzF4π
02-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I'd like to see A roll and C web out more than anything else

Giants5699
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
I doubt if they cut him but if they do they better re-sign Osi that is if he even wants to stay a Giant.
I would not be shocked if Tuck retires.
And Osi just doesn't have that fire anymore. He played with passion 1 game last year. Him and Tuck were no shows all year last year. The only reason people want them is for the names. They are old and have no more passion for the game.

Giants5699
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Webster, T2, Diehl.. Rolle might get to stay for another year.

bigblue58
02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
If Diehl is gone, I'd be content.. but hopefully it doesn't with him and includes Webster and Diehl..

I'm OKAY with Webster staying, as long as his salary is cut

It will make it easier to accept him getting burned for big plays if he's making less money???? I don't get the logic of that at all.
When he's losing a game for us, the first thing that comes to mind is not "oh well...at least he got a pay cut, so it's cool that he got burned for that go ahead 45 yard TD pass!"
Sometimes y'all really make me wonder.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Cut Diehl, T2, and Rolle, and use that cap room to get Beatty re-signed, maybe even Cruz as well. Cut Toaster and use his cap room to sign a veteran CB that can actually play the position... +1

G14ntzF4π
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
And Osi just doesn't have that fire anymore. He played with passion 1 game last year. Him and Tuck were no shows all year last year. The only reason people want them is for the names. They are old and have no more passion for the game.

Ya they are washed up, and resigning them would make little sense. Let the bills or some other team overpay for them

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Diehl is a warrior and a workhorse, he needs to stay because he plays with heart You speak with heart, not logic.

TroyArcher
02-07-2013, 11:21 AM

It is a shame if Tuck can not rebound. He is a class guy who has/had great skills. I believe he is 29? Man that is awfully early to be washed up without a major injury (Torn ACL...).

RagTime Blue
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Out of Webster, Diehl, Snee, Rolle, & Tuck, who is playing MOST up to their contract, and who is playing LEAST?

I think Rolle and Diehl respectively.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Out of Webster, Diehl, Snee, Rolle, & Tuck, who is playing MOST up to their contract, and who is playing LEAST?

I think Rolle and Diehl respectively.

Rolle and Webster...

Kruunch
02-07-2013, 12:36 PM
They just restructured Rolle and Snee so they won't be cut (too much dead money).

TT is gone. DD may be cut to be re-signed, or just restructured down. I'd be highly surprised if he isn't a Giant in 2013 though.

CWeb they might or might not. Cap wise it makes sense, but CWeb won't be replaced easily (despite what the pundits on this board think). If they do cut him, it will be to sign Cruz and/or Nicks (I'm already assuming they can get a deal with Beatty done as is).