PDA

View Full Version : With Bradshaw gone, how about drafting...

Tommy_Ribs
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Eddie Lacey, RB Alabama?

It won;t happen, but how great would it be to have Eli handing off to tandem of David Wilson and Eddie Lacey for the next few years.

I think the Steelers will grab Lacey in the first round, but this guy would be a favorite if we could get him.

Oh well, it's nice to dream.

Also any thoughts on a RB in 3 or 4? Who do you guys like since that is more realistic?

BlueSabbath
02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Eddie Lacey, RB Alabama?

It won;t happen, but how great would it be to have Eli handing off to tandem of David Wilson and Eddie Lacey for the next few years.

I think the Steelers will grab Lacey in the first round, but this guy would be a favorite if we could get him.

Also any thoughts on a RB in 3 or 4? Who do you guys like since that is more realistic?

While I'm sure it's not going to happen, I'd be stoked to end up with Eddie Lacy or Giovanni Bernard.

Carter.525
02-07-2013, 10:47 AM
no.. upgrade the defense

Wilson / Brown / Scott

Imgrate
02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Id be disgusted.

WiIdcat
02-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Id be disgusted.

+1

titwio
02-07-2013, 01:05 PM
They just drafted a RB in the 1st round. Wilson is the guy they're going to look to with Brown complimenting him. I really don't see how they're that worried that they need to invest another high draft pick on a RB when the team has so many other areas of need.

It would make more sense drafting a RB in the 6th or 7th round.

Mlerman17
02-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I would throw up rb is the least of our worries. Ever heard of David Wilson? Our first round pick?

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Upgrade OL first, then defense. Our least worries are RB, QB, and WR...

thegreatone
02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
We might draft a rb but probably won't be till 7th round

myles2424
02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
We might draft a rb but probably won't be till 7th round
If there's someone special,I'm ok with in the 5th.....otherwise 6th-7th

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-07-2013, 11:18 PM
would rather have miguel maysonet in the later rounds,,,talk about value.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Beautiful! Love the idea! Just imagine how epic that could be!

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Beautiful! Love the idea! Just imagine how epic that could be!

I have seen this kid play in person and let me tell you,,don't let the fact that he played at a small school fool you,,,many scouts have been unexpectedly wowed by this kid,,,,he would look darn good in Gmen blue. nice sig.

egyptian420
02-08-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm not a huge fan of spending 2 first round picks in back to back years on the same position.

Redeyejedi
02-08-2013, 02:02 AM
would rather have miguel maysonet in the later rounds,,,talk about value.Wish I had more games of him. His change of direction skills and Burst is pretty good. Doesnt have long speed but acceleration is more important and thats there.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-08-2013, 02:19 AM
Wish I had more games of him. His change of direction skills and Burst is pretty good. Doesnt have long speed but acceleration is more important and thats there.
and he runs hard,,not afraid to go get it. I dont believe he caught many balls out of the backfield but then I also don't know if he was asked to do it or if it even was a big part of their offense. I saw him a few times, my cousin goes to stony, definitely worth a later round look. he did have some long TD runs in college,,sneaky fast but not david wilson. check him out against Syracuse last year.

G-Men Surg.
02-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Eddie Lacey, RB Alabama?

If you ask me I think we don't have the " luxury " of burning a 3 rd or 4 th pick on a RB.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-08-2013, 02:23 AM
If you ask me I think we don't have the " luxury " of burning a 3 rd or 4 th pick on a RB.

no,,but 5th on depending on who it is and what they offer.

G-Men Surg.
02-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Upgrade OL first, then defense. Our least worries are RB, QB, and WR...
Agree.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Agree.

I am more apt to say LB(depending on who is there) or DE/DT, same scenario as LB,,,OL can be addressed from with in, or with cheap, serviceable FA's, and later rounds in the draft,,now if an absolute stud falls to us,,absolutely, but I think there is OL value in the later rounds, with less money to commit.

G-Men Surg.
02-08-2013, 02:40 AM
no,,but 5th on depending on who it is and what they offer.
I think the 5 th round will have a lot of value/need for us and not on RB considering the multiple needs we have. But if the Giants don't ink Brown then the RB position turns more into a need( depth wise ) and could reconsider drafting a RB in the 5th. Still I would not mind if Reese pulls again a rabbit out ot the hat drafting a " Bradshaw " in the 7 th round.

G-Men Surg.
02-08-2013, 02:50 AM
I am more apt to say LB(depending on who is there) or DE/DT, same scenario as LB,,,OL can be addressed from with in, or with cheap, serviceable FA's, and later rounds in the draft,,now if an absolute stud falls to us,,absolutely, but I think there is OL value in the later rounds, with less money to commit.
With so many needs I think Reese will fill some of them in rounds 1 and 2 with BPA, again theres a lot of ways he can go in here depending how's available, OL ( OT, G, C ), LB ( ILB, SLB, WLB ), CB, DE, DT you name it but I respecfully disagree on value in later round in OL, if we end up drafting for " need " rather than BPA at G or OT then you have to use a 1st day pick to fill that need. It all depends if Boothe hits the road, same with Deihl. Even if you fill one of those needs with a cheap veteran FA you still end up short.

joemorrisforprez
02-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Eddie Lacey, RB Alabama?

Lacey is a nice back....but I'm more interested in the Alabama line.

I really what Reese to binge on the SEC in the draft.

juice33s
02-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Lacey is a nice back....but I'm more interested in the Alabama line.

I really what Reese to binge on the SEC in the draft.
Exactly...How great are Ingram and T-rich doing? I love Lacey, but if I could trade the Giants starting Oline for Bama's I wouldn't even think twice

Captain Chaos
02-10-2013, 08:35 AM
With the 31st ranking D in the league, I think we need to focus on our D...