OL: Baas, Snee, Diehl*, Brewer, Mosley, McCants
DE: JPP, Tuck*, Ojomo
DT: Joseph, Kuhn, Austin
OLB: Kiwi (still listed as OLB from what I can tell), Williams, Paysinger
MLB: Herzlich
CB: Webster, Prince, Hosley, T2*, Frederick
S: Rolle*, Sash, Hill
ST: DeOssie, Weatherford

(names with an asterisk are possible cuts)

Obviously there's needs all over the place, but what would you say is our greatest area of need? Personally I'm on the fence between OL (even if Beatty is re-signed) and DL...

BeatYale
02-07-2013, 01:17 PM
I heard there's a lot of Offensive Tackle talent in this years draft.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Cruz is probably the biggest priority right now, between the O-Line and D-Line. He has been a great receiver this year with 86 recs, 1,092 yards, and 10 TDs. Better yet, he is still improving and needs to be signed for big bucks, just at a fair price. I would say 2.4 mil for 5 years each plus a 2 mil signing bonus. Sure beats his 490,000 salary, wouldn't you agree? That's certainly affordable now without Ahmad Bradshaw and Chris Canty eating away the salary. He would get 14 mil total for 5 years. It would just be spread out. And then Hakeem deserves a similar contract, if not better, should we make more room in the cap. I'm sure this is similar as to what the front office will do. It may be a slow process, but they honestly do not want to lose Cruz. They just have many more priorities than one.

ryan12
02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
we have alot of work to do and i think there will be more cuts

simmstolt
02-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Cruz is probably the biggest priority right now, between the O-Line and D-Line. He has been a great receiver this year with 86 recs, 1,092 yards, and 10 TDs. Better yet, he is still improving and needs to be signed for big bucks, just at a fair price. I would say 2.4 mil for 5 years each plus a 2 mil signing bonus. Sure beats his 490,000 salary, wouldn't you agree? That's certainly affordable now without Ahmad Bradshaw and Chris Canty eating away the salary. He would get 14 mil total for 5 years. It would just be spread out. And then Hakeem deserves a similar contract, if not better, should we make more room in the cap. I'm sure this is similar as to what the front office will do. It may be a slow process, but they honestly do not want to lose Cruz. They just have many more priorities than one.

I think Cruz is going to want more than that.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
I think Cruz is going to want more than that. How much then? Hopefully not too much.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Realistically, a 6-8 mil/year contract is what he's worth... though his agent is asking for more.