PDA

View Full Version : Difference between the GIANTS and the jets...

Tommy_Ribs
02-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Did you notice yesterday that Canty, Boley, and Bradshaw had nothing but nice things to say about the GIANTS after they were let go?

Meanwhile every jet that leaves, even some coaches, cannot not stop talking about how bad the locker room was or how bad Tebow was?

We have a winning environment in our organization and handle everything the right way and treat everyone with respect, and make sure everyone understands that the team is what matters.

I am so glad we have people like Coughlin and Reese running the show for the Mara's and Tisch's.

I know we came up short this year, but Canty Boley and Bradshaw enforced what we knew to be good about the GIANTS.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm glad these guys being released now are true class acts. I will really miss them and wish them well in their future endeavors, in or out of football.

But it was not always that way. Plax, Tiki, and Shockey were some of the most selfish people, but all predated TC. SS12 didn't predate TC, but he flipped straight traitor on us going to Philly even though we had given him an offer, and called Reese a liar in public. No love there. But I look at guys more recently... Manningham, Jacobs, and now the three that were released now, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the Giants. Jacobs said after his, uhh, experience at the hands of Jim Harbaugh that he would only ever play for the Giants (which means it's likely he's going to retire now). It's a far cry from the hate that other former Giants used to give...

Giants5699
02-07-2013, 01:03 PM
"Class act" is the most overused phrase on this message board.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Did you notice yesterday that Canty, Boley, and Bradshaw had nothing but nice things to say about the GIANTS after they were let go?

Meanwhile every jet that leaves, even some coaches, cannot not stop talking about how bad the locker room was or how bad Tebow was?

We have a winning environment in our organization and handle everything the right way and treat everyone with respect, and make sure everyone understands that the team is what matters.

I am so glad we have people like Coughlin and Reese running the show for the Mara's and Tisch's.

I know we came up short this year, but Canty Boley and Bradshaw enforced what we knew to be good about the GIANTS.

Class starts at the top of any organization and it's something you can't manufacture. Either you have it or you don't and the Mara's built this team showing the way.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm glad these guys being released now are true class acts. I will really miss them and wish them well in their future endeavors, in or out of football.

But it was not always that way. Plax, Tiki, and Shockey were some of the most selfish people, but all predated TC. SS12 didn't predate TC, but he flipped straight traitor on us going to Philly even though we had given him an offer, and called Reese a liar in public. No love there. But I look at guys more recently... Manningham, Jacobs, and now the three that were released now, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about the Giants. Jacobs said after his, uhh, experience at the hands of Jim Harbaugh that he would only ever play for the Giants (which means it's likely he's going to retire now). It's a far cry from the hate that other former Giants used to give...

I never saw Smith as a "traitor" but did see him as being gullible to believe he was going to get healthy sooner in Igglesland. I always saw that more as the Eagles not wanting Smith here, rather than wanting him there.

njersey
02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Class starts at the top of any organization and it's something you can't manufacture. Either you have it or you don't and the Mara's built this team showing the way.

So true. Class and attitude reflect leadership.

simmstolt
02-07-2013, 01:30 PM
That and about 3 Super Bowl wins.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Did you notice yesterday that Canty, Boley, and Bradshaw had nothing but nice things to say about the GIANTS after they were let go?Meanwhile every jet that leaves, even some coaches, cannot not stop talking about how bad the locker room was or how bad Tebow was?We have a winning environment in our organization and handle everything the right way and treat everyone with respect, and make sure everyone understands that the team is what matters.I am so glad we have people like Coughlin and Reese running the show for the Mara's and Tisch's.I know we came up short this year, but Canty Boley and Bradshaw enforced what we knew to be good about the GIANTS. +1

Roosevelt
02-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Don't worry, no one is going to use it on you. ;)

njg85m
02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I never saw Smith as a "traitor" but did see him as being gullible to believe he was going to get healthy sooner in Igglesland. I always saw that more as the Eagles not wanting Smith here, rather than wanting him there.

I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
Either way, I don't fault him.

jomo
02-07-2013, 02:06 PM
I tend to agree with you, but another train of thought that's tossed around is that Smith had a good idea of how bad his injury really was and wanted to get paid the most that he could at the time knowing that he would never see that money again in case he never really did recover.
Either way, I don't fault him.+1

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 02:08 PM

I don't fault him either, but if he had taken the offer that was made to him before he was injured.....

njg85m
02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I don't fault him either, but if he had taken the offer that was made to him before he was injured.....

Yup, pretty much.
He gambled big - and lost.

BuffyBlueII
02-07-2013, 02:30 PM

I donít fault Steve Smith. He had to take what he could get when he could get it. I wish him the best.

BuffyBlueII
02-07-2013, 02:30 PM

Yeah, he should’ve taken that offer but he gambled and he lost. However, it worked out to our benefit that he didn’t take the offer.

nhpgiantsfan
02-07-2013, 02:33 PM

It's because they are leaving here with some hardware on there finger. They are greatful that they were here to win a championship. Of coarse guys leaving the Jets are gonna have bad things to say. They are a circus and have been mostly unsuccessful.

Giants5699
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Don't worry, no one is going to use it on you. ;)

Thank God. I'll save classiness for hipsters and wannabe politicians.

PennState1
02-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Tiki might be the only exception. It was disappointing what he said about teammates and coaches.

Cloud57
02-07-2013, 02:54 PM
"Class act" is the most overused phrase on this message board.+1

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah, he should’ve taken that offer but he gambled and he lost. However, it worked out to our benefit that he didn’t take the offer.

It did indeed

GentleGiant
02-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Class act franchises - packers, steelers, giants, ravens Lousy franchises - jets, eagles,chargers,raiders( seriously Al Davis set that franchise way back).

nhpgiantsfan
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Who cares about class. Just win baby!!

JJC7301
02-07-2013, 11:36 PM
+1. And desperate to cash in ASAP incase his injury was career threatening.

To this day I still don't understand the hatred on these boards towards SS. Business is business whether it's the FO or the player making the decision.

DandyDon
02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Who cares about class. Just win baby!!

No one would call Al Davis "classy," but when was the last playoff appearance for the Raiders? He became a wacko, and his team died.

Whether you call it class, or efficiency, or drive, the players mostly reflect the organization coming down from the top. The Jets are a joke, cause their owner is a joke. His head coach is a clown, and so on down though the organization.

Nobody in the NFL, regardless of whether they like or hate the Giants, dont have respect for them. The players that leave wont talk crap because they know they played for a first class organization, and if they did talk crap, they would have a harder time getting a job elsewhere. Its pretty simple.

I hate the Patriots, but I respect them, and their organization (and owner) deserves it.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-08-2013, 12:05 AM
3 rings

NYG4lifeNYK
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM

Because it's 1000% warranted.

FBomb
02-08-2013, 05:12 PM

Simply put.........Class is the difference between Giants and Jets.

AllHailEli
02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
I wish I could say the same thing about the fans. But I think there's prob no difference. lol

IamGiantsfan
02-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I love how everyone is talking about how classy the giants are, if you asked people generally they would just rank average =P. Especially the Redskins, and cowboys who are still mad at mara for that cap reduction =P.

I do think they were more classy with Wellington Mara at the helm =P

Drez
02-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I love how everyone is talking about how classy the giants are, if you asked people generally they would just rank average =P. Especially the Redskins, and cowboys who are still mad at mara for that cap reduction =P.

I do think they were more classy with Wellington Mara at the helm =PSo, the two teams that tried cheating the no cap year and were punished rather unanimously by the rest of the owners are pissed at the head of the owner's committee that punished them? Sure, there's no bias there.

Rusty192
02-08-2013, 06:20 PM
So, the two teams that tried cheating the no cap year and were punished rather unanimously by the rest of the owners are pissed at the head of the owner's committee that punished them? Sure, there's no bias there.I believe the reason Redskin and Cowboy fans are so incensed is because Mara initially brought it up and spearheaded it. Petty of them either way.

Sean Montemayor
02-08-2013, 06:48 PM
The difference between the Giants and the Jets. Lol.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Simply put.........Class is the difference between Giants and Jets.

The jets have class, it's all third

nhpgiantsfan
02-08-2013, 06:57 PM
No one would call Al Davis "classy," but when was the last playoff appearance for the Raiders? He became a wacko, and his team died.

Whether you call it class, or efficiency, or drive, the players mostly reflect the organization coming down from the top. The Jets are a joke, cause their owner is a joke. His head coach is a clown, and so on down though the organization.

Nobody in the NFL, regardless of whether they like or hate the Giants, dont have respect for them. The players that leave wont talk crap because they know they played for a first class organization, and if they did talk crap, they would have a harder time getting a job elsewhere. Its pretty simple.

I hate the Patriots, but I respect them, and their organization (and owner) deserves it.

So I get that you think that Bob Kraft is a class act and I agree with that. But it obviously doesn't trickle down. BB while a great coach is not really regarded as a class act in the NFL. They win because they are well coached and have a superstar QB, not because they have a classy owner.

jomo
02-08-2013, 06:58 PM
The jets have class, it's all thirdI would have used the word "low" but I won't quibble.

RoanokeFan
02-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I would have used the word "low" but I won't quibble.

It was a toss up :)

Drez
02-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I believe the reason Redskin and Cowboy fans are so incensed is because Mara initially brought it up and spearheaded it. Petty of them either way.Mara just so happened to be the head of the committee that meted out the punishments. The vote on the punishment was 29-0. Mara may have been the vocal one, as he was the chair, but it by far was not solely or even primarily his doing.

DandyDon
02-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Not talking so much about class or trickle-down. The point I was trying to make is it's all about the organization, and I believe that a quality organization starts at the top. Few organizations have all great (or classy) members, but the good ones bring the best in all their members, and IMHO, that starts at the top.

I know this is a ridiculous comparison, but by my house we have 2 Wawas within a few miles of each other that are physically identical in almost every way. I love a tuna sandwich, and often go to one or the other to get one. At one store, the employees are happy and pleasant, and you get great service and they make consistantly good sandwiches. At the other, the employees all have attitudes, and on any given day you are likely to get the wrong ingredients on your sandwich, the wrong sandwitch, or when you open the wrapper, you find everything all over the wrapper, instead of inside the sandwitch.

Whats the difference between the 2 stores? Management/Organization.

Unfortunately, guess which one is much closer to my home....?

FBomb
02-10-2013, 01:26 PM
The Jets oragnization shold be named Ringling Brothers.......the place is a circus that wants to get the same media attention the Giants get........since they can't get headlines by winning, they'll take it anyway they can.