PDA

View Full Version : Giants resign Shaun Rogers

dayeh33
02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
All of a sudden were not too short handed at DT. Joseph Austin Rogers and Kuhn is solid.

EDIT:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/07/new-york-giants-re-sign-defensive-tackle-shaun-rogers/ - RF

EDIT2:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/02/giants_re-sign_defensive_tackl_1.html - RF

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Nice. He looked promising before that blood clot. Question is, is that kind of problem something that can recur?

Shimmy
Giants now have Rogers, Marvin Austin, Linval Joseph and Markus Kuhn at DT.

Now let's look at getting that OL revamped.

primetime
Interesting. He's getting up in age but if he can stay healthy he can be good depth at the defensive tackle position.

Kase-1
02-07-2013, 05:10 PM
All of a sudden were not too short handed at DT. Joseph Austin Rogers and Kuhn is solid.Youre kidding right??

Linval is the only real proven talent that we have at DT. Rodgers was a good DT 3-4 years ago, Kuhn hasn't played nearly enough and Austin is constantly injured.

We need another DT

titwio
02-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Any details on the signing?

Shimmy
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
I believe Marvin Austin was just having lingering back problems from the beds at UAlbany campus. He should have no excuses staying at his own place near the luxurious Timex Center.

But seriously, he needs to produce this year.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
All of a sudden were not too short handed at DT. Joseph Austin Rogers and Kuhn is solid.

You MUST provide a link

dayeh33
02-07-2013, 05:13 PM
If we get another DT in the 3rd or 4th round we'll be fine. What I'm trying to say is it's not as big of a need as everyone is making it out to be. OL should be priority.

Carter.525
I'll take it.. how much $$..?

RoanokeFan
Nice. He looked promising before that blood clot. Question is, is that kind of problem something that can recur?

Let's hope

TheAnalyst
02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I like Geathers from Georgia late. Big boy who can collapse the pocket from the middle. Lets our DEs get to the QB.

dayeh33
02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
You MUST provide a link

All over twitter.. Who would lie about Shaun Rogers? It's not like I said "Eli Manning just got traded!!"

DownWitJPP
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm happy for him...yes he's getting up there in age but BIG BABY is a force he commands double teams on every play. This should help our run D

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 05:18 PM
These are the inner workings we don'[t know about until they release the information. Clearly, Reese & Co. have their fingers on the pulse.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 05:19 PM
All over twitter.. Who would lie about Shaun Rogers? It's not like I said "Eli Manning just got traded!!"

That's not the point

Flip Empty
02-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Re-sign.

GameTime
02-07-2013, 05:28 PM

EDIT:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/07/new-york-giants-re-sign-defensive-tackle-shaun-rogers/ - RF

how is Austin, Kuhn, and Rodgers solid???
Austin has done 0 and while l like Kuhn he is raw and coming off injury.
Rodgers is older and coming off injury..

not solid at all....IMO

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 05:29 PM

not solid at all....IMO

Hey Bunky

titwio
02-07-2013, 05:32 PM

not solid at all....IMO

I guess I'm one of the few Giants fans that wasn't too impressed with Kuhn. He made plays here and there but for the most part I saw a guy that got pushed around pretty good.

giantyankee1976
02-07-2013, 05:34 PM
I hope he still has a little "beast" left in his tank...

(I also hope Marvelous Marvin Austin avoids bust-status)

RoanokeFan

I can't imagine them re-singing him if there was a serious medical issue pending.

GameTime
Hey Bunky
Hey Ro.......
some moves going on. Hopefully for the best.....

Drez
02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Nice. He looked promising before that blood clot. Question is, is that kind of problem something that can recur?Depends on the reason. If he has Factor V Leiden or another clotting disorder, there's a chance it could occur again. However, if he does have a clotting disorder he'd be on an anti-coagulant regimen (warfarin, lovenox, or another blood thinner) and he'd be getting his PT and INR checked on a regular basis. If he is on an AC regimen, depending on where the doctors want his clotting factor at he wouldn't get medical clearance to play (if the doctors wanted to keep his PT/INR north of 3, there'd be an increased chance of internal bleeding, especially bleeding in the brain).

Chances are better than not, he doesn't have any clotting disorder (assuming this is his first issue with clots), as he would have had to pass a physical to sign back. He was probably on a AC regimen for 6 months and the doctors will probably take weekly/biweekly blood tests to make sure his clotting factor stays within the norm.

egyptian420
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I guess I'm one of the few Giants fans that wasn't too impressed with Kuhn. He made plays here and there but for the most part I saw a guy that got pushed around pretty good.I'm right there with you, I know it was his first year and he was a late draft pick, but I'm not sure why people are acting like he's guaranteed that starting position next to Linval.

And I also don't think we're "solid" with Joseph, Kuhn, Rogers, and Austin....Linval is the only one proven to be a full time starter out of that group.

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Why the link? Wasn't this just an opinion? In any case, I'd say the jury is still out on Austin for sure. I'd like to see more from Kuhn as well. Rogers is a proven vet, but with mileage. Let's hope he has fully recovered and has more to give. All-in-all, I'd still say we are in a wait and see situation with the DT position. A good draft pick would still be nice.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Hey Ro.......
some moves going on. Hopefully for the best.....

We'll know for sure when we see the final 53

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Why the link? Wasn't this just an opinion? In any case, I'd say the jury is still out on Austin for sure. I'd like to see more from Kuhn as well. Rogers is a proven vet, but with mileage. Let's hope he has fully recovered and has more to give. All-in-all, I'd still say we are in a wait and see situation with the DT position. A good draft pick would still be nice.

The headline reads "Giants resign Shaun Rogers." That's a factual statement, not an opinion.

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Depends on the reason. If he has Factor V Leiden or another clotting disorder, there's a chance it could occur again. However, if he does have a clotting disorder he'd be on an anti-coagulant regimen (warfarin, lovenox, or another blood thinner) and he'd be getting his PT and INR checked on a regular basis. If he is on an AC regimen, depending on where the doctors want his clotting factor at he wouldn't get medical clearance to play (if the doctors wanted to keep his PT/INR north of 3, there'd be an increased chance of internal bleeding, especially bleeding in the brain).

Chances are better than not, he doesn't have any clotting disorder (assuming this is his first issue with clots), as he would have had to pass a physical to sign back. He was probably on a AC regimen for 6 months and the doctors will probably take weekly/biweekly blood tests to make sure his clotting factor stays within the norm.

DAMN. Was I just reading one of my wife's medical journals? Nice info. Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express??? lol

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 05:43 PM
The headline reads "Giants resign Shaun Rogers." That's a factual statement, not an opinion.

Ah. Must have been the timing when I saw it. I had seen the news on the home page before I came in here.

Drez
02-07-2013, 05:44 PM
DAMN. Was I just reading one of my wife's medical journals? Nice info. Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express??? lolNo. My wife has clotting issues, so I'm relatively well versed in this particular area of medicine, lol.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
No. My wife has clotting issues, so I'm relatively well versed in this particular area of medicine, lol.

DAMN, I was just going to ask for a free exam :)

Sundown
02-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Rogers & Linval, sounds like a law firm; love the signing

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 05:53 PM
No. My wife has clotting issues, so I'm relatively well versed in this particular area of medicine, lol.

Hate to hear that. Hope its well managed. I'm impressed either way.

G-Men Surg.
02-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Youre kidding right??

Linval is the only real proven talent that we have at DT. Rodgers was a good DT 3-4 years ago, Kuhn hasn't played nearly enough and Austin is constantly injured.

We need another DT
Could be right but Linval and Shaun will babysit Austin . That been said it appears the FO is giving Austin his shot. Better take this opportuniry and run with it or else.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Could be right but Linval and Shaun will babysit Austin . That been said it appears the FO is giving Austin his shot. Better take this opportuniry and run with it or else.

Austin is basically getting the Barden treatment: Now's your time to break out, or you're gone the following year.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-07-2013, 06:22 PM
LOVE IT... cheap and he's a mammoth of a man if he can stay healthy. Beast against the run. Guy takes up 3 blockers, not 2 :D

Drez
02-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Hate to hear that. Hope its well managed. I'm impressed either way.It currently is. Unfortunately, last year she got bi-lateral pulmonary emboli after being non-symptomatic (and not on an AC regimen) for over 8 years. Definitely a scary situation. Messed up thing is her leg was bothering her for a bit, so the doctor sent her for an ultrasound. It came back negative. 5 days later her lungs were full of clots that broke off her DVT. Luckily, she's doing well now and on a course of treatment.

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Youre kidding right??

We need another DT

I agree. Right now, I have Marvin Austin pencilled in as a bust, and Kuhn hasn't proven anything either. And like you said, it's been a while since Rodgers scared anyone.

But still, at least this gives a little depth. I do think Rodgers can improve the unit.

Drez
02-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Youre kidding right??

We need another DTGranted we didn't get a full time starter in Rogers, but we did get a solid rotational piece to add to the mix. It may not be the​ answer, but it certainly is part of it.

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
It currently is. Unfortunately, last year she got bi-lateral pulmonary emboli after being non-symptomatic (and not on an AC regimen) for over 8 years. Definitely a scary situation. Messed up thing is her leg was bothering her for a bit, so the doctor sent her for an ultrasound. It came back negative. 5 days later her lungs were full of clots that broke off her DVT. Luckily, she's doing well now and on a course of treatment.

Best wishes. Gees its scary, but with so many of my family in medicine, I understood all that. Yikes.

uther99
02-07-2013, 07:41 PM
I guess I'm one of the few Giants fans that wasn't too impressed with Kuhn. He made plays here and there but for the most part I saw a guy that got pushed around pretty good. I saw same thing

JJC7301
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Giants now have Rogers, Marvin Austin, Linval Joseph and Markus Kuhn at DT.

Now let's look at getting that OL revamped.

I think that DT still needs some attention. I'm not crazy about the talent at the position, aside from Joseph.

Those are just names filling out roster spots, not exactly great talent. But Rogers is better than nothing, which is basically what Austin and Kuhn are until they prove otherwise.

Austin hasn't done anything, and Kuhn has done next to nothing. Don't even think that Kuhn will make it out of training camp this year, and Austin may not either.

miked1958
02-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Interesting. He's getting up in age but if he can stay healthy he can be good depth at the defensive tackle position.im sure he would be making 5 times less then Canty would of made and if he can stay healthy it will be a win win

Giantslb66
02-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I guess I'm one of the few Giants fans that wasn't too impressed with Kuhn. He made plays here and there but for the most part I saw a guy that got pushed around pretty good. You are not alone. I didn't see much while he was out on the field from him. Pushed around most of the time.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Hell yeah! Pardon my language but this guy deserves an applause. He is a giant. Literally. 6'4" 350lbs!!! He demands a double coverage, which would allow somebody by the name of Jason Pierre-Paul to slip on the outside and get a major sack on a quarterback!!!Epic! Here's to hoping he stays healthy all season. Cheers.

Buddy333
02-08-2013, 12:10 AM
They need to sign a FA and draft one that ca play right away. They are far from solid at DT.

Tommy_Ribs
02-08-2013, 12:26 AM
When Shaun Rogers was young the guy was a real, real good DT, and a great Run Stopper.

If we can get some High Level production from him it will be a huge boost.

Drez
02-08-2013, 12:27 AM
When Shaun Rogers was young the guy was a real, real good DT, and a great Run Stopper.

If we can get some High Level production from him it will be a huge boost.I'd be happy with 20-30 solid snaps a game (or roughly between 33%-50% of the snaps).

Rat_bastich
02-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Everything is going to be all right. Marvin Austin was just biding time waiting for Canty to leave. He can't possibly fail now.

Redeyejedi
02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Nice. He looked promising before that blood clot. Question is, is that kind of problem something that can recur?I dont think u can count on Bernard or Rodgers to make the team if 1 makes it your ahead of the game

nycsportzfan
02-08-2013, 08:28 AM
I dont think u can count on Bernard or Rodgers to make the team if 1 makes it your ahead of the game I agree.. Don't we also have to worry about Shaun Rodgers being motivated? Weren't we all kinda hereing rumblings of him being a dink last yr before his injury? I could be wrong though.. Either way, hes well past his prime and coming off a lost season.. I think were just so thin at DT, reese is trying to bring in a old vet that has had a good career, trying to get one more solid season outta him, while not expecting much... Kinda like a New York Yankee scrap heap signing if u will.. Hope for the best, while trying not 2 get ur hopes up to much...