PDA

View Full Version : Tuck, Osi, Chase, Webster, Snee, Diehl. Who should go?

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
Chase Blackburn
Corey Webster
Chris Snee
David Diehl

Who needs to go, and who should stay?

I say keep Tuck for 1 more year and let him ride out his contract, hopefully giving all his effort. The rest I say replace.

bbdynasty
02-07-2013, 06:03 PM
osi is gone already

Flip Empty
02-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Osi and Blackburn are already free agents

Drez
02-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
Chase Blackburn
Corey Webster
Chris Snee
David Diehl

I say keep Tuck for 1 more year and let him ride out his contract, hopefully giving all his effort. The rest I say replace.I am so grateful that you have no say in our personnel decisions, lol.

Giants5699
02-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Everyone but Snee on that list

slipknottin
02-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Webster, Tuck, and Snee will stay.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Blackburn unfortunately won't fit in with the "speed" requirement we seem to be aiming for.

Carter.525
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Diehl & Webster.. maybe bring them back for cheap

bigbluetribe
02-07-2013, 07:41 PM
I dont get how people here are ok with webster at his cap hit. Its not like he was any better than anyone else we had last year and for all that money im moving on.

slipknottin
02-07-2013, 07:42 PM
I dont get how people here are ok with webster at his cap hit. Its not like he was any better than anyone else we had last year and for all that money im moving on.

And who will replace him? Have to spend whatever you save on cutting him on another CB, who will likely need a longer term deal.

Webster is on a one year deal. And lets not forget how well he plays in contract years.

Dabluguy
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I say give Tuck another year. If he is lousy then buh bye.

Mlerman17
02-07-2013, 07:54 PM
def not webster, snee, or tuck..osi is already gone...chase/diehl should go imo

Cloud57
02-07-2013, 07:55 PM
in 2014 none of those guys will be here, that's for sure!

Drez
02-07-2013, 08:28 PM
I dont get how people here are ok with webster at his cap hit. Its not like he was any better than anyone else we had last year and for all that money im moving on.It was also only one bad year. I don't think we cut him unless it's part of a move to sign another CB. I don't think we do it before we have a replacement for him.

Harooni
02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
everyone on the list shouldnt be safe. but even if all were cut i still dont think we would be rebuilding. most of them under performed anyway. and are near or over 30

hungrrrry
02-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
Chase Blackburn
Corey Webster
Chris Snee
David Diehl

I say keep Tuck for 1 more year and let him ride out his contract, hopefully giving all his effort. The rest I say replace.I would rather keep Osi over Tuck honestly but Osi is a FA so he is going anyway...Snee is really the only one of this list that I would keep

JJC7301
02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd keep Chase as a backup because he's not expensive and he does bring some value and ALOT of heart.

I keep Web and Tuck one more year to see how they do.

I'd cut ties with the others.

miked1958
02-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Diehl & Webster.. maybe bring them back for cheapdiehl for sure needs to go earning 7 Million a yr this season

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 10:07 PM
diehl for sure needs to go earning 7 Million a yr this season +1

bigblue58
02-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyiora
Chase Blackburn
Corey Webster
Chris Snee
David Diehl

I say keep Tuck for 1 more year and let him ride out his contract, hopefully giving all his effort. The rest I say replace.

You would think that the Giants would have learned their lesson with Blackburn. Give me a name of any other Giants LBer who came close to making as many plays consistently as Blackburn.

Giantslb66
02-08-2013, 08:08 AM
You would think that the Giants would have learned their lesson with Blackburn. Give me a name of any other Giants LBer who came close to making as many plays consistently as Blackburn. That kind of sums up the sad state of affairs with the Giants LB corps! Time to get some real LBs with talent.

miked1958
02-09-2013, 09:48 AM
On second thought they all should go

bklyn1028
02-09-2013, 10:20 AM
You would think that the Giants would have learned their lesson with Blackburn. Give me a name of any other Giants LBer who came close to making as many plays consistently as Blackburn.

I completely agree with you. Would be a mistake cutting him. The only person on the list I don't think we should keep is Osi....he played terribly last year. My God, If he is part of the Nascar package, black smoke is coming out of his @ss.

Captain Chaos
02-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Webster will stay because we are short on CB experience and there are no real options out there, Draft could work but... Tuck and Snee will also stay; though I do see us drafting a DE (Ansah in the first is my pick)...

RoanokeFan
02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Webster will stay because we are short on CB experience and there are no real options out there, Draft could work but... Tuck and Snee will also stay; though I do see us drafting a DE (Ansah in the first is my pick)...

I hope you're wrong about the first pick. We have Tracy and Ojomo in the wings behind JPP, Tuck, and Kiwanuka. We need to address right tackle first, IMO

BlueMonstaahhs
02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Definitely agree with you on that. I know JR loves his D-ends but its time they grabbed a solid RT in the first round in the draft. Thats really the only option to get a good quality RT for cheap. Can't keep relying on these 4-6th round o-line picks who sit on the practice squad for 5 years because they "aren't ready". Thats just another way to say "unless this guy improves drastically he is not going to be an nfl starter". How long has Brewer been getting "developed" again?

GiantRoc
02-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I hope you're wrong about the first pick. We have Tracy and Ojomo in the wings behind JPP, Tuck, and Kiwanuka. We need to address right tackle first, IMO

Agreed. A monster LB a close second. I'd even swap the 2 If there was OT talent available in the second round. I don't think we can afford Diehl, unless he renegotiates (not restructure). A quick, you're fired and you're hired at a VERY low back up price. Osi is probably a out the door. Webster is so expensive and was horrid this past year. Why does everyone think he will be good this coming season. Snee will be back barring surgical failure. (he is the coach's S-I-L after all :D). Tuck will be back. Chase only as a ST and Backup, (Pleeeease) All opinions mind you.

juice33s
02-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Diehl, Webster and Osi need to go...Blackburn and Tuck need to stay as mentors, but their playing time needs to be reduced

Sean Montemayor
02-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Definitely agree with you on that. I know JR loves his D-ends but its time they grabbed a solid RT in the first round in the draft. Thats really the only option to get a good quality RT for cheap. Can't keep relying on these 4-6th round o-line picks who sit on the practice squad for 5 years because they "aren't ready". Thats just another way to say "unless this guy improves drastically he is not going to be an nfl starter". How long has Brewer been getting "developed" again? +1

Sean Montemayor
02-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Diehl, Webster and Osi need to go...Blackburn and Tuck need to stay as mentors, but their playing time needs to be reduced When you put it that way, it sounds not that bad of an idea.

Sosynciere
02-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Webster, Tuck, and Diehl all stay. If Locklear hadn't had his injury, I'd say Diehl could go, but based on how important those positions are, these guys stay.

Blackburn and Osi are gone already right?

Snee should have a chance to prove he's healthy, but he's signed and was our best OL, not sure how we could justify gettng rid of him.

blueomaha
02-09-2013, 06:19 PM
IDK...but with all the FA and cuts, Reese has a lot of convincing to do to prove we will compete for a world title....

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-09-2013, 06:26 PM

I think if Alec Ogeltree is there at 19 he is the pick,,we are desperate for LB's and he fits the giants defensive scheme perfectly. he is also the kinda guy Reese likes to draft,,,extremely athletic but a tad raw, but with huge upside. He could very well turn out to be one of the best players taken in this draft a few years from now. now if a stud OL falls to us then maybe so,,if not,,we can find somebody from the second round on,,historically the giants do not go OL in the first,,,it will most likely be defense,,DE/DT/LB/CB. just my opinion.

laylow28
02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Diehl and T2 will get the ax.

huckleberryeli
02-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey just joined the board, and a bit off topic but why dont teams with cap room pay out the bonuses that they have now to free up cap space later in the event they have to cut people later. For example the browns have something like 50 MM of cap space. Why not pay out more of their bonuses and even salary now so they free up room later. Am I wrong in thinking that no team should have a season under the cap because they should front load the contracts they have if they have excess cap room

Sean Montemayor
02-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Wow. This thread is still goin' strong. I just started it to get a quick feedback, but dang! This is awesome. That's why I love this message board.

AntB
02-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Too soon to say about all except OSI. Osi, he will probably get an offer. If Kiwi returns to the line he's a force against the run. DT has to be the priority. If we get dominant there again the DE's willl do fine. They probably won't sign Chase until they see what they can get in free agency. I'd like to see Chase return as MLB, he wasn't the problem at all.

miked1958
02-10-2013, 09:15 AM
IDK...but with all the FA and cuts, Reese has a lot of convincing to do to prove we will compete for a world title....at least if this was all happening at the end of the 2013 season we'd at least be able to think in terms of them rebuilding and setting up to go and get Eli's replacement in the draft. Manziel comes out in two years

jomo
02-10-2013, 09:20 AM
IDK...but with all the FA and cuts, Reese has a lot of convincing to do to prove we will compete for a world title....I don't know about that. Our performance last year was not at a Championship level. The biggest part of that had to do with the talent level and that related to salary cap restrictions...............we can't sign better players if there isn't enough dough to go around. So, for me, the first part of improving is purging the players and/or contracts that are standing in the way of significant upgrades on talent. I am excited by the decisiveness of it and can't wait to see what come of this financial maneuvering.

hugehomer
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Snee was our best lineman? Why cause some idiots gave him Pro Bowl votes. He hasnt been worth his lofty salary for three years now.

RoanokeFan
02-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Snee was our best lineman? Why cause some idiots gave him Pro Bowl votes. He hasnt been worth his lofty salary for three years now.

Beatty was our best lineman followed by Boothe