PDA

View Full Version : A.B. was a great Giant.

gfanblue
02-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm sure he will never see this, but just in case. Mr Bradshaw, I thank you for a great career with the NYG. Not the fastest guy (except the 88yd run in Buffalo) not the biggest. But without a doubt a team player and a heck of a Giant. You are always going to be one of the most fun guys to watch carrying the rock. Hope you land with a good second team.

Carter.525
02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
AB was one tough dude for the G-Men..

ashleymarie
02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks AB. I will always remember you with gratitude.

jgiantfan
02-06-2013, 11:15 PM
True warrior. Tough as nails and one of the most passionate players in recent memory. The one thing I really appreciated about AB was his vocal , outspoken personality. The home game vs the Redskins comes to mind. He got into Cruz's grill because of a poor block and the shouting match with Coughlin was epic. Why? AB sensed players and coaches needed a wake up call. How could you not respect a guy that played with one foot - the kind of injury that would land most players on IR. Thanks for the memories and the blood and sweat you sacrificed on the field . I didn't mention tears because that is not you Champ. Thanks for the memories. You helped bring this team to the promise land twice.

Carter.525
02-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Brashaw was a mudder

jgiantfan
02-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Brashaw was a mudder Mudder?

joemorrisforprez
02-06-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure what it was about "unable to practice" that Gilbride couldn't figure out, but Bradshaw should have been relegated to a 3rd down back a couple years ago.

I hope that Bradshaw can now heal up, and sign with a team that understands the concept of a situational player, and make a nice contribution somewhere else.

In terms of career longevity, it's probably for the best that Bradshaw was released......one more season as Gilbride's featured back, and Ahmad would have needed a freaking Rascal to get into the end zone.

Reese did everyone a favor with this move.

ozzie0075
02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Always tough to see guys leave especially when they bring you 2 titles. I will root for the guy where ever he ends up.

gmen0820
02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Lol let's ask Bradshaw how upset he was that Gilbride let him start and see how that goes.

JJC7301
02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
This is one cut that the Giants are going to seriously regret. Guarantee it.

joemorrisforprez
02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Lol let's ask Bradshaw how upset he was that Gilbride let him start and see how that goes.

That shouldn't be the player's call....that's why coaches coach.

Cloud57
02-06-2013, 11:23 PM
yeah..it's all Gilbride's fault

joemorrisforprez
02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
yeah..it's all Gilbride's fault

Note the Thread Title: "....in part...."

KidA
02-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Bradshaw has more heart than a lot of guys twice his size.

I understand the decision to part ways but I'm still sad to see him go.

ozzie0075
02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Gilbride and TC played Bradshaw because they thought he gave them the best chance to win. Simple as that.

gmen0820
That shouldn't be the player's call....that's why coaches coach.Coaches coach to put the best players on the field. Bradshaw still had success last year.

Granted, I'm not pleased with how we utilized Wilson, but I understand (somewhat) why we moved him along slowly.

FBomb
Bradshaw was #1 because he deserved to be the #1. Simple as that. You put the player on the field that will best help you win.

joemorrisforprez
02-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Bradshaw was #1 because he deserved to be the #1. Simple as that. You put the player on the field that will best help you win.

For a time, that was true. When he was splitting 60/40 with Jacobs, I believed that.

FloydEddings2
02-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks AB.

FBomb
02-06-2013, 11:30 PM
For a time, that was true. When he was splitting 60/40 with Jacobs, I believed that.

Again.....Wilson had issues with protection and Brown was out. AB was our best option.

gmen0820
02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Again.....Wilson had issues with protection and Brown was out. AB was our best option.Would you say blocking was the only thing that Bradshaw beat Wilson at?

Rusty192
02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the great memories #44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU4W-1X7lU

joemorrisforprez
02-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Coaches coach to put the best players on the field. Bradshaw still had success last year.

Granted, I'm not pleased with how we utilized Wilson, but I understand (somewhat) why we moved him along slowly.

When he was healthy, he was still successful.

I honestly thought he was shot early in the season, but he proved me wrong when he blew doors in that Cleveland game. That convinced me that the key was to lay off the workload.

I know alot of this move was about cap math.....but it wouldn't suprise me if Reese privately felt that Gilbride overused Bradshaw last year at the expense of Bradshaw's body and Wilson's development, and was expecting more of the same unless a move was made.

FBomb
02-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Would you say blocking was the only thing that Bradshaw beat Wilson at?

It's hard to say.......Wilson didn't get the reps to really show off his skills. AB played with tons of heart and fight. I can't wait to see what Wilson can really do.

ozzie0075
02-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Again.....Wilson had issues with protection and Brown was out. AB was our best option.

Exactly the Giants went into the season with 3 guys behind AB that had combined for 7 NFL carries in thier careers.

joemorrisforprez
02-06-2013, 11:39 PM

Would you say blocking was the only thing that Bradshaw beat Wilson at?

I think that was more true early in the season than late.

But watching him out there in that Ravens game was painful. I'm sure Reese was wondering the same thing I was.

FBomb
02-06-2013, 11:40 PM
I think that was more true early in the season than late.

But watching him out there in that Ravens game was painful. I'm sure Reese was wondering the same thing I was.

The entire team was painful to watch in that game.

gmen0820
02-06-2013, 11:44 PM
The entire team was painful to watch in that game.Wilson looked pretty good.. taking his first of three carries to the house.

Imgrate
02-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Ab was cut because you don't pay a guy 5mill when you drafted a first round back.

FBomb
02-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Wilson looked pretty good.. taking his first of three carries to the house.

I thought we were talking about blocking. The kid is something special as a runner.....I can't wait to see him really come into his own,

gmen0820
02-06-2013, 11:54 PM
I thought we were talking about blocking. I responded to this post:

I don't see any mention of blocking there. I'm pointing out Wilson as a bright spot, would you disagree with that?

FBomb
02-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I responded to this post:

I don't see any mention of blocking there. I'm pointing out Wilson as a bright spot, would you disagree with that?

No....I think the kid is amazing. Our line got abused and no way was ANY back going to be able to protect that onslaught.

gmen0820
02-07-2013, 12:10 AM
No....I think the kid is amazing. Our line got abused and no way was ANY back going to be able to protect that onslaught.Except Bradshaw struggled equally against free-rushers that aren't accounted for by the OL (as opposed to the free-rushers that the OL frequently allows lol).

FBomb
02-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Except Bradshaw struggled equally against free-rushers that aren't accounted for by the OL (as opposed to the free-rushers that the OL frequently allows lol).

It looked as though the entire Ravens line and lb's were free-rushers in that game!!:D

jgiantfan
02-07-2013, 12:27 AM
1. 88 yard touchdown run vs the Bills. The coming out party for the rookie.

2. Tough run in SB 42 when AB refused to go down and carried DT Ty Warren of the NEP for an addional 5 yards.

3. Another Superbowl 42 moment when Eli Manning and Bradshaw couldn’t connect on a handoff with 9:22 left in the second quarter, and the Patriots seemed to have fallen on the ball. But Bradshaw, under the pile, fought to gain possession and kept New England from being in prime position to add to its 7-3 lead. Very underated play that one could say made the difference in the game.

4. 14 yard TD run vs the Jets. AB completely laid out S Brodney Pool of the Jets. I remember saying JACKED UP...ESPN style

5. The excuse me TD run vs the Patriots in SB 46 when AB tried to stop 1 yard short of the Goal Line and fell backward in End Zone-epic

KidA
02-07-2013, 12:32 AM
2. Tough run in SB 42 when AB refused to go down and carried DT Ty Warren of the NEP for an addional 5 yards.

^That's my favorite right there. He really set the tone for that whole game in a single play.

drewz
02-07-2013, 12:33 AM
One thing that'll always stand out for me was when he didn't pick up a blitz and Eli got crushed, Eli got up grabbed AB's facemask and blew up at him .. never seen Eli that way

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 12:56 AM

Wilson looked pretty good.. taking his first of three carries to the house.

Wilson was the lone bright spot in that game.

IIRC, Wilson's nifty run made that a 14-7 game. And then, for reasons that utterly escape me, he once again was treated as an afterthought, and the rout was on.

I'm not going to blame Gilbride for the defense ****ting the bed.... but after he scored that TD, the game was 14-7......and he touched the ball only one more time.

I understand the need to start passing when you fall behind. But when you've got a guy that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field, that's absurd....and that's on Gilbride.

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 01:01 AM

3. Another Superbowl 42 moment when Eli Manning and Bradshaw couldn’t connect on a handoff with 9:22 left in the second quarter, and the Patriots seemed to have fallen on the ball. But Bradshaw, under the pile, fought to gain possession and kept New England from being in prime position to add to its 7-3 lead. Very underated play that one could say made the difference in the game.

4. 14 yard TD run vs the Jets. AB completely laid out S Brodney Pool of the Jets. I remember saying JACKED UP...ESPN style

5. The excuse me TD run vs the Patriots in SB 46 when AB tried to stop 1 yard short of the Goal Line and fell backward in End Zone-epic

When I think of that 2007 championship, I don't think it could have happened without Bradshaw's run in Buffalo.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Wilson was the lone bright spot in that game.

IIRC, Wilson's nifty run made that a 14-7 game. And then, for reasons that utterly escape me, he once again was treated as an afterthought, and the rout was on.

I'm not going to blame Gilbride for the defense ****ting the bed.... but after he scored that TD, the game was 14-7......and he touched the ball only one more time.

I understand the need to start passing when you fall behind. But when you've got a guy that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field, that's absurd....and that's on Gilbride.

a-****ing-men... although Wilson needs to get better at the screen game. That's honestly the best way for him to contribute on passing downs, more than blocking, is to provide a checkdown. But there was only one attempt, where the throw was released before Wilson even came out of the route, mostly because Diehl gave up an essentially free rusher...

Rudyy
02-07-2013, 01:06 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4p3j9e6OD1rx1kh3o1_500.gif BOOM.

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 01:07 AM
a-****ing-men... although Wilson needs to get better at the screen game. That's honestly the best way for him to contribute on passing downs, more than blocking, is to provide a checkdown. But there was only one attempt, where the throw was released before Wilson even came out of the route, mostly because Diehl gave up an essentially free rusher...

Wilson is definitely a raw talent, but damn, if 2012 was any indication, the Giants are going to be lethal on offense next season.

I think it impacts an offensive line if they realize the guy running the ball is capable of a huge play on any given down.....maybe it pushes them to stick with their blocks just a little longer, knowing a fraction of a second could be a game-changer. I'm sure the guys on the Vikings are thinking that with Peterson.

Giants5699
02-07-2013, 01:08 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4p3j9e6OD1rx1kh3o1_500.gif BOOM.

I remember how he was the king at busting a 40-60 yard run and then fumbling when he got caught from behind.

jgiantfan
02-07-2013, 01:10 AM
When I think of that 2007 championship, I don't think it could have happened without Bradshaw's run in Buffalo. Great point. The Giants were actually down 14-0 to the Bills. Bradshaw predicted that he was going to take it to the house in the huddle and his prediction was later confirmed by either O Hara or Suebert in an interview. This comeback victory definately helped build momentum for the SB run.

jgiantfan
02-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Nice.. All we need now is Snappinnecks to post all the other great moments from AB.

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 01:20 AM
I sure agree with you both. But TC deserves as much heat as Gibride. TC had as much to do with player use as Gibride did. A sad reason why youthful enthusiasm was not part of the Giants energy this season. We only get to see rookies and young guys when everyone else is in a cast.

gmen0820
02-07-2013, 01:33 AM
Never was a fan of how TC and Gilbride managed the personnel, but I've never really had much problem with the play-calling. Superficial judgement either way though.

Redeyejedi
02-07-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm not sure what it was about "unable to practice" that Gilbride couldn't figure out, but Bradshaw should have been relegated to a 3rd down back a couple years ago.

I hope that Bradshaw can now heal up, and sign with a team that understands the concept of a situational player, and make a nice contribution somewhere else.

In terms of career longevity, it's probably for the best that Bradshaw was released......one more season as Gilbride's featured back, and Ahmad would have needed a freaking Rascal to get into the end zone.

Reese did everyone a favor with this move.What are u talking about U act like Bradshaw was a bell cow back the guy had 2 200 carry seasons in his career.He was always a part time back

Giants5699
02-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Bradshaw got cut because he is 26 year old running back with a 90 year old's feet.

Harooni
02-07-2013, 02:15 AM
bradshaw is gone because of injuries , salary cap and his attitude, him and coughlin got into it a few times.

arrjay
02-07-2013, 02:45 AM
True warrior. Tough as nails and one of the most passionate players in recent memory. The one thing I really appreciated about AB was his vocal , outspoken personality. The home game vs the Redskins comes to mind. He got into Cruz's grill because of a poor block and the shouting match with Coughlin was epic. Why? AB sensed players and coaches needed a wake up call. How could you not respect a guy that played with one foot - the kind of injury that would land most players on IR. Thanks for the memories and the blood and sweat you sacrificed on the field . I didn't mention tears because that is not you Champ. Thanks for the memories. You helped bring this team to the promise land twice.

Couldn't be said any better.

mike kennedy
02-07-2013, 02:45 AM
Bradshaw was a good runningback but he absolutely drove me bonkers, every game when he chose to switch his direction and not run behind his blockers. that's when he got 1 and 2 yard runs.

G-Men Surg.
02-07-2013, 02:50 AM
He is old school tough, one of the main reasons I love that kid.

Harooni
02-07-2013, 02:56 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/935822/brad2_medium.gif

zimonami
02-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Well, I'm sure he will never see this, but just in case. Mr Bradshaw, I thank you for a great career with the NYG. Not the fastest guy (except the 88yd run in Buffalo) not the biggest. But without a doubt a team player and a heck of a Giant. You are always going to be one of the most fun guys to watch carrying the rock. Hope you land with a good second team.
Thank you, AB.
Been watching the Gmen since '58 and I think AB was one of our Top 10 all-time in the "Gives 110%+ on every play". He gave his top effort on every play.... along with people like John Mendenhall, Troy Archer, Harry Carson, LT, and less talented players who made it in the Pros because of effort, like Doug Kotar and Dan Lloyd, and there are several others who gave their best effort on every snap... AB is another, and I appreciated his effort for us.

bill2000
02-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Add a tip of my cap to a genuine baller. Good luck AB...we'll miss your fire.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM

Reese did everyone a favor with this move.

You forgot to blame Gilbride for Webster's performance in 2012

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 07:48 AM
bradshaw is gone because of injuries , salary cap and his attitude, him and coughlin got into it a few times.

You know better than to suggest Bradshaw's demise had anything to do with TC. If TC could put up with Plaxico, he could even put up with you. :p

SweetZombieJesus
02-07-2013, 07:55 AM
I will always remember the hard hits he took in Green Bay in the 2007 NFC Championship Game. The paint was flaking off his helmet in scabs from the hits, how often do you see that?

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Ahmad+Bradshaw+Tramon+Williams+NFC+Championship+fD W6GiReLacl.jpg

TCHOF
02-07-2013, 07:55 AM

+1

TCHOF
02-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Is this a serious thread?

brad
02-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Is this a serious thread?

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing!

I am not exactly a fan of KG, but to blame him for Bradshaw having injuries? That is just ridiculous.

Redeyejedi
02-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Is this a serious thread?The guy averaged under 15 carries a game for every season except 1 and most of the time it was under 10. The most he had in a season was 276 only 1 other season over 200. During Tiki's reign 276 would of been the low number

blueomaha
02-07-2013, 08:44 AM
AB was always one of my favs...too bad he had to be the sacrificial lamb for Cruz...just my opinion....

nycsportzfan
02-07-2013, 08:48 AM
When remembering Ahmad, i'll always remember his tough runs, and kinda thinking a run was over, and all of a sudden Bradshaw is carrying the defender with that high powerful leg churn of his... He was a 2time Champion with us as a 7th rder outta Marshall for cripes sake! Dude is the epitomy of production value!

Flip Empty
02-07-2013, 08:57 AM
One thing that'll always stand out for me was when he didn't pick up a blitz and Eli got crushed, Eli got up grabbed AB's facemask and blew up at him .. never seen Eli that way

Yeah I've been trying to find a clip of that. It was vs the Saints in the 08 season, I believe. NFL's Game Pass archive only goes to 09.

The only time Eli flat-out lost it. He's since mastered the art of hiding his true emotions.

rebelfan1966
02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I will miss Bradshaw more so than any other player cut. The guy had an engine and sacrificed his body for the team. I said this is another thread, I think he had the biggest heart on the team.

titwio
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I will always remember the hard hits he took in Green Bay in the 2007 NFC Championship Game. The paint was flaking off his helmet in scabs from the hits, how often do you see that?

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Ahmad+Bradshaw+Tramon+Williams+NFC+Championship+fD W6GiReLacl.jpg

It was a shame they called back his TD in that game too (think it was holding).

It's funny how people say the only reason the Giants won that game was because of the Brett INT in overtime. The Giants dominated the Packers that game and it should have never even gotten to that point.

nhpgiantsfan
02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Exactly the Giants went into the season with 3 guys behind AB that had combined for 7 NFL carries in thier careers.

Which is exactly why I think they still need to bring an inexpensive vet in for the 3rd string spot. Even at this point, what do Wilson/Brown/Scott? A total of maybe 200 NFL carries combined. There is not a back on this roster that has yet showed a full season of NFL success. Obviously, Wilson & Brown should be the top two back.

But man would I love for Stevie Brown to have to give up his jersey number next year. Have BJ, if he is willing, to come in and be the 3rd string back, to mentor these guys, and be available as an insurance policy should someone get hurt. ONLY IF HE IS WILLING TO BE THAT GUY... It may be his only way to get a job this year.

Buddy333
02-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Already miss him not being on the team. How much interest will be get coming off another surgery? Maybe he comes back cheap?

FBomb
02-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Anything is possible.....but I doubt it. He'll get a bigger pay day somewhere else.

TheAnalyst
02-07-2013, 10:20 AM
#44 = Heart of a Champion

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZqoKgXSeWtFrD_qxyMmqN5ACFjOmvD fP6UKU6eCwsqS2L0ta8

titwio
02-07-2013, 10:22 AM
No one better touch that #44 jersey next season or I'm going to be pissed.

Rudyy
02-07-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't think he's coming back here.

bebil10
02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
The man could not remain healthy, His foot and leg issues caused him to loose his cutting ability, so half the time he ran the ball he was running right into an olinemen's backside. He was the main back for 2 years in one of the leagues poorest running games. It was time to move on last year, we are a year late with this. Its obvious when guys like brown come in and it immediately improves. When the best thing you can say about your back anymore is he is good in pass protection its time to move on.

GiantsSB23
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm not surprised. I honestly wanted it to happen, once Wilson works on his fumbles he can be the number 1 back and lets not forget Andre Brown who stepped in for Bradshaw when he got hurt. That Panthers game showed what he can do so good riddance Ahmad!

Jahh
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Anything is possible.....but I doubt it. He'll get a bigger pay day somewhere else.

He didn't have a ton of interest before we re-signed him I didn't think. Either way, I think the Giants have two good options for much cheaper.

A lot of fans always want to bring back veteran players and have them play back up roles but those backup roles are for developing players.

ImElectric2
02-07-2013, 10:55 AM
1. 88 yard touchdown run vs the Bills. The coming out party for the rookie. 2. Tough run in SB 42 when AB refused to go down and carried DT Ty Warren of the NEP for an addional 5 yards. 3. Another Superbowl 42 moment when Eli Manning and Bradshaw couldn’t connect on a handoff with 9:22 left in the second quarter, and the Patriots seemed to have fallen on the ball. But Bradshaw, under the pile, fought to gain possession and kept New England from being in prime position to add to its 7-3 lead. Very underated play that one could say made the difference in the game. 4. 14 yard TD run vs the Jets. AB completely laid out S Brodney Pool of the Jets. I remember saying JACKED UP...ESPN style 5. The excuse me TD run vs the Patriots in SB 46 when AB tried to stop 1 yard short of the Goal Line and fell backward in End Zone-epicPretty much sums up how I remember him too. Hope for the best for him, but wish he coulda stayed a healthy Giant for his whole career.

Sosynciere
02-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Did you read that press release? It sounded like an obituary. Doesn't seem like the Giants have Bradshaw in their plans at all.

nhpgiantsfan
02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I can't post the link because you have to subscribe to the site. But today's newsday has AB saying that they kept the door open if he can't find anything else. And it also talked about how there wasn't much interest for Bradshaw two years ago and there may be even less now. It's not impossible but pretty unlikely.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Already miss him not being on the team. How much interest will be get coming off another surgery? Maybe he comes back cheap? He could if another team doesn't make him an offer

G14ntzF4π
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I hope not, he was never good

Kruunch
02-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Already miss him not being on the team. How much interest will be get coming off another surgery? Maybe he comes back cheap?

Re-signing him is a distinct possibility.

G14ntzF4π
02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I never liked him he was always a sub par rb

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I honestly think it's in Bradshaw's best interest if he is separated from Kevin Gilbride.

I really don't want to watch another game like last year's Giants/Ravens contest.

Because of his nagging injuries, which are compounded by his punishing running style, Bradshaw is a situational (3rd down) running back.

He needs a coordinator that can grasp that reality. Gilbride is not that person.

TCHOF
02-07-2013, 11:18 AM
For the same reason there was surprise (and outrage) when Sean O'Hara, Rich Seubert, Steve Smith and Kevin Boss were gone.

The FO was right on every one of those moves and they are right on this move as well.

TroyArcher
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I can't post the link because you have to subscribe to the site. But today's newsday has AB saying that they kept the door open if he can't find anything else. And it also talked about how there wasn't much interest for Bradshaw two years ago and there may be even less now. It's not impossible but pretty unlikely.

I'd be shocked if some other team didn't give AB a shot including the Jets.

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 11:25 AM
I sure agree with you both. But TC deserves as much heat as Gibride. TC had as much to do with player use as Gibride did. A sad reason why youthful enthusiasm was not part of the Giants energy this season. We only get to see rookies and young guys when everyone else is in a cast.

When you look at how the veterans performed down the stretch, I have to wonder if Reese wasn't thinking the same thing.

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 11:29 AM
LOL, I was just thinking the same thing!

I am not exactly a fan of KG, but to blame him for Bradshaw having injuries? That is just ridiculous.

I'm saying that Bradshaw should have been shut down for his own benefit. Just a few days ago, Bradshaw said halfway through the season that the stem cell benefits had worn off. And now he needs surgery again.

My point is that he's no longer a featured back, and hasn't been for a while. It's a coaches job to recognize that.

titwio
02-07-2013, 11:33 AM
There's an article on this I just read and has a live audio with Bradshaw on Mike Francesa.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136849/article/ahmad-bradshaw-open-to-return-to-new-york-giants

D (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136849/article/ahmad-bradshaw-open-to-return-to-new-york-giants)oesn't really say much but says it was brought up and is still a possibility.

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Bradshaw has more heart than a lot of guys twice his size.

I understand the decision to part ways but I'm still sad to see him go.

Agreed 100%

I'll always remember that run against Buffalo....he saved what became a miracle season.

ryan12
02-07-2013, 11:43 AM
i heard him on the fan last night driving home he sounded like he was holding back tears. the toughest rb in the nfl hands down i will miss him but it hink it was time to move on

Buddy333
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Understand the move because of their cap situation, but if he comes back at a lower price they should bring him back. He can still play and with not being the #1 guy he can stay healthier. He to be one of the toughest guys in the NFL. The entire team should play with his intensity.

joemorrisforprez
02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Understand the move because of their cap situation, but if he comes back at a lower price they should bring him back. He can still play and with not being the #1 guy he can stay healthier. He to be one of the toughest guys in the NFL. The entire team should play with his intensity.

A change in scenario is the best option for Bradshaw. I think he would adjust to limited role better if he were with a new team.

I could see him going to a team like the Packers.....if he's healed up, he could jump off the bench, and spark the team with a nice play.

Rodgers would kill for a guy like Bradshaw to bail him out. The key is to keep him rested. I don't see that happening with the Giants.

jomo
02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Thank you, AB.
Been watching the Gmen since '58 and I think AB was one of our Top 10 all-time in the "Gives 110%+ on every play". He gave his top effort on every play.... along with people like John Mendenhall, Troy Archer, Harry Carson, LT, and less talented players who made it in the Pros because of effort, like Doug Kotar and Dan Lloyd, and there are several others who gave their best effort on every snap... AB is another, and I appreciated his effort for us.His legend is safe with me!

Buddy333
02-07-2013, 11:52 AM
They didn't draft Wilson in the first round with the expectations of him being the #2 RB.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on another team. That said, if nobody picks him up, and we get beset by injury in that position, we all know that JR isn't afraid to call old Giants off the couch midseason if need be...

Point is, if I were Bradshaw, I'd do everything I could to stay in shape, since you never know if that call could come.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 12:03 PM
But man would I love for Stevie Brown to have to give up his jersey number next year. Have BJ, if he is willing, to come in and be the 3rd string back, to mentor these guys, and be available as an insurance policy should someone get hurt. ONLY IF HE IS WILLING TO BE THAT GUY... It may be his only way to get a job this year.

Yes, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Jacobs back, but only with that stipulation. I'm sure if we got to the playoffs he'd be more pumped to stick it to Jim Harbaugh too...

KATKAVAGE75
02-07-2013, 12:10 PM

#3. Is the reason that he will always be a Giant. You can't teach that kind of tenacity. He earned my respect that day. Thanks for your efforts while a NY Giant. Hope he can find a career that will save his feet.

Sean Montemayor
02-07-2013, 12:36 PM
One of the best damn backs we've had in years. Here's to you 44. Cheers.

BigBlue1971
02-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Bradshaw was a hellva back for us!

like many others my 1st real memory of him was the 88 yarder against the Bills!

good luck AB and may you have much success against everyone.....but the G-Men!

YATittle1962
02-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I never liked him he was always a sub par rb

this is pure comedy right here

Henny Youngman at his best

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 01:18 PM
The only thing im surprised by is that Diehl and Toaster are still on the roster...

GameTime
02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Wish him only the best and will remember him as a tough back who gave his all.
Thanks AB......

EliDaMANning
02-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I never liked him he was always a sub par rb+1. But I appreciate the fact that he ran hard on every play. Even if he never used his blocks.

SuperNYGiants
02-07-2013, 02:09 PM
AB played with heart and 100% effort all the time, the guy is a beast of a running back and it goes without saying that I'll miss seeing him in Giants uniform for sure. I definitely don't think he's done at all, when he's healed up, he can be a very good producer for any team that needs a quality back. The FO had to make a business decision and I'm fine with it, it's a pity that FO didn't even make a low-ball offer to keep Ahmad since I know he loves being a Giant.

I will never forget the play where he punched the ball forward on Eli's fumble to save the game in 2007 Super Bowl, the Giants wouldn't have won the game without that crucial play by Ahmad.

Oh, and all the Eli homers shall thank him for pass-blocking Eli all these years too.

For the last time, thanks for all the good times AB, you are a true Giant.

Buddy333
02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Don't care all that much but why do threads get combined? One is about him being cut and the other is about him coming back.

NYG4lifeNYK
02-07-2013, 06:34 PM
How GREAT would that be...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/07/ahmad-bradshaw-considers-door-open-for-return/

Not completely sure what "future opportunities means"

Love Bradshaw to death... loved being a Giant.

Flip Empty
02-07-2013, 06:38 PM
He's gone.

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 07:08 PM
He would have to take a HUGE pay cut. What can he give us in his condition? He needs a year off to heal at least. I love his toughness, I don't want to see him end up crippled though.

blueribbon
02-07-2013, 07:11 PM
I think the Giants are looking to go with younger backs.

Flip Empty
02-07-2013, 07:18 PM
He would have to take a HUGE pay cut. What can he give us in his condition? He needs a year off to heal at least. I love his toughness, I don't want to see him end up crippled though.
His "condition" brought 1000 yards.

Cloud57
02-07-2013, 07:20 PM
We need to move on. Fans need to let go of Bradshaw and Jacobs already.

Rudyy
02-07-2013, 07:30 PM
We need to move on. Fans need to let go of Bradshaw and Jacobs already.Especially Jacobs. Good heavens.

TheEnigma
02-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Bradshaw was a great Giant but it's time we look elsewhere for the 3rd option. Da'rel Scott, Joe Martinek, or a late selection/UDFA RB is the most likely bet.

Mr. G-Man
02-07-2013, 07:41 PM
if AB did return... who would be the starter?

my guess is wilson.

Flip Empty
02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
We need to move on. Fans need to let go of Bradshaw and Jacobs already.
Indeed. Wilson is the guy now (presumably).

GiantRoc
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
His "condition" brought 1000 yards.

+ another surgery :( They can't afford the time he needs to heal. I wish he could stay. It's just not possible. He was a good solid RB who is really beat up. There is a possible superstar waiting in the wings. Maybe Reese knows that, and knows TC will go AB as long as he is around.

NYGabriel
02-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Love Bradshaw but someone needs to close it.

Gmensince61
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
As I played close attention to the 2006 draft I was so excited to see that Jerry Reece had his eye on Ahmad Bradshaw out of Marshall Univ. just down the road from where I live.I had seen enough of him through local highlights and live games to see that he had that extra talent needed to exceed in the NFL.I was so happy when the Giants drafted him and felt so confident that his talent and low draft status(low pay)would help our team.Sure enough it did and being from Bluefield,Va. made him almost a home boy seeing how across the state border is Bluefield,WV.Bet you didn't know that tidbit.I loved A.B. for all his hard work,fierceness,and giving himself at all cost attitude for his time with the Giants.I knew the injuries and surgeries were taking career years from the shake and bake with break away speed(Buffalo) back that knew he could be better served than sharing duties at Marshall Univ.Thanks Ahmad for the memories and being a little closer to my heart than some other great G-Men.Good luck in the future to all our S.B. contributors recently let go.

TheAnalyst
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3NDZ15llnHYOIT7_eCGev9vcox-i6Rfn4owddeNsT1yBMXbzQ
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5jCnPwxE87WdWRywRfL_LH6H6alPMw HqvfXW4t31iDohYw3Cl
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpqI9Aqr582_f5XT6Qh60P0caM6fwFb TFx_WAyN9c3j9vajm6bAg

JJC7301
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
How GREAT would that be...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/07/ahmad-bradshaw-considers-door-open-for-return/

Not completely sure what "future opportunities means"

Love Bradshaw to death... loved being a Giant.
I sincerely hope so because otherwise where are the Giants going to get their heart from?

JJC7301
02-07-2013, 10:30 PM
AB was my favorite Giant since '07 and one of my favorites of all time. Hope they can bring him back at a reduced price. DAMN!!

This team is REALLY going to miss his toughness and mentality. The guy IS a leader. This cut really hurts.

slipknottin
02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Such a shame his legs fell off.

ShakeandBake
02-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Yes we will definitely miss Bradshaw, one of my favorite Giants as well. We could use more guys like him on the team who let their play do the talking, not their mouths.

Harooni
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
i wouldnt say great but he was good a tough little runner great pick late in the draft.

miked1958
02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Such a shame his legs fell off.yes. His fire will be missed

PennState1
02-08-2013, 01:58 AM
As I played close attention to the 2006 draft I was so excited to see that Jerry Reece had his eye on Ahmad Bradshaw out of Marshall Univ. just down the road from where I live.I had seen enough of him through local highlights and live games to see that he had that extra talent needed to exceed in the NFL.I was so happy when the Giants drafted him and felt so confident that his talent and low draft status(low pay)would help our team.Sure enough it did and being from Bluefield,Va. made him almost a home boy seeing how across the state border is Bluefield,WV.Bet you didn't know that tidbit.I loved A.B. for all his hard work,fierceness,and giving himself at all cost attitude for his time with the Giants.I knew the injuries and surgeries were taking career years from the shake and bake with break away speed(Buffalo) back that knew he could be better served than sharing duties at Marshall Univ.Thanks Ahmad for the memories and being a little closer to my heart than some other great G-Men.Good luck in the future to all our S.B. contributors recently let go.+1

Rat_bastich
02-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Such a shame his legs fell off.

I think his legs were fine...it was the feet that fell off. He had to keep getting them replaced. The man was a walking Lego set.

SweetZombieJesus
02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
i wouldnt say great but he was good a tough little runner great pick late in the draft.

lol whut?

As for AB, heart of a lion.

bigblue58
02-08-2013, 09:06 AM

I feel the same way about AB leaving as I did when I heard that Mark Bavaro was no longer a Giant!
This is the part of sports that truly sucks.
Oh how I long for the days before free agency and salary caps when your favorite players stayed with the team their entire career,

M00KIE
02-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I really liked AB and appreciate everything he's done here, but agree it's just better to part ways.

Diamondring
02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Bradshaw was a 7th round pick but was a 3rd down prospect. If his feet was not like paper plastic, he could have had a lot more production.