PDA

View Full Version : Question for some of you about keeping Corey Webster

BigJ
02-07-2013, 08:37 PM
why would any of you want to keep Corey Webster with how bad he played last year. he was seriously terrible. by the end of the season he look like he was just giving up on plays. wouldn't you want to cut him and pay money to a free agent corner that is actually good. he's really not that big of a loss if we cut him.... not a standout corner in the NFL, not even a standout player on the Giants who don't even have Good cornerbacks. why would you want him to stay?

slipknottin
02-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I dont want to put big money into the position yet. Rather keep webster and find another CB in the draft this or next year.

Toadofsteel
02-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Corey Toaster...

G-Men Surg.
02-07-2013, 08:54 PM
The FA market for CB year in and year out is always overblown . I prefer to eat away the cap hit on Webster's contract at least for one more year and have a well known veteran presence on the team. For what its worth I cut Corey some slack this past year playing with a broken hand practically half a season. Like Slip mention we can look for his replacement via draft this year, the's good material available.

Gmensince61
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
While his stay as a Giant has to be in question,it is still up to the folks in high places to decide.It was e vident in many games that the opposing team went after Corey early in the game.Sometimes he withstood the th barrage of passes his way and settled into having a pretty good game while other times he was singled out and played poorly.I am sure he is being highly scrutinized and having released two defensive veterans already,it would not shock me to see him join them.One thing to note in his defense is his superlative hands which have lead to many interceptions.Many backs are good in coverage but miss opportunities for int.'s because they just don't have good hands and never will.

BigJ
02-07-2013, 09:03 PM
I dont want to put big money into the position yet. Rather keep webster and find another CB in the draft this or next year.
You wanna draft corner high?? We did draft prince in the first and Hosely in the 3rd? We still have needs at lb and o line also.... I wouldn't mind getting a corner in the draft but they never adress the oline LB positions though I feel like gotta make a move this year. I feel like we have a lot to do after seeing these cuts haha

bearbryant
02-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Toast... sometimes light, sometimes dark but the numbers aren't good. Even when he played and put it out there he got rocked. And don't talk about Holsey being the answer. Is Sam Madison still playin? Go Giants!

JJC7301
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
+1. I'm willing to bet that it was an off year for Webster due to injuries and whatever else. $7M is not bad for a very good CB, which is what Web was before last year. There's not enough proven depth at the position to get rid of him yet.

slipknottin
02-07-2013, 09:27 PM
You wanna draft corner high?? We did draft prince in the first and Hosely in the 3rd? We still have needs at lb and o line also.... I wouldn't mind getting a corner in the draft but they never adress the oline LB positions though I feel like gotta make a move this year. I feel like we have a lot to do after seeing these cuts haha

I think they try to address OT (especially if they lose Beatty) and DT in FA. CB they take one probably 2-4th round, there is some good quality there this year.

Drez
02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
There is also the fact that is was just one poor year.

BigJ
02-07-2013, 10:52 PM
+1. I'm willing to bet that it was an off year for Webster due to injuries and whatever else. $7M is not bad for a very good CB, which is what Web was before last year. There's not enough proven depth at the position to get rid of him yet.
He is in no way worth 7 mill this year.... Your telling me we can't get a better corner back in free agency this year and pay him around 7 mill???

Buddy333
02-07-2013, 11:01 PM
He much would they save if they cut him?

bigbluetribe
02-07-2013, 11:21 PM
it has nothing to even do with just one year but also that he is due a lot of money. He is not worth 7 mil, we could get same production for like 2-3 mil easily.

Drez
02-07-2013, 11:24 PM
it has nothing to even do with just one year but also that he is due a lot of money. He is not worth 7 mil, we could get same production for like 2-3 mil easily.The same production as this past year? Yes. The same production as '10 or '11, probably not. That would be more in the $5m-$8m range.

JJC7301
02-07-2013, 11:26 PM
He is in no way worth 7 mill this year.... Your telling me we can't get a better corner back in free agency this year and pay him around 7 mill???
I'd try to get him to take a cut, but would keep him at 7M if necessary for one 1-YR. I'm paying him for 1 more year based on what he's proven in his career. He's not old.

How do we know that we can get a better corner in the draft? Someone who's ready to start from day 1 opposite Prince?

Web had 4 or 5 excellent years in a row. I'm not going to destroy what's left of any depth that we have in the secondary.

Sosynciere
02-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Webster hasn't been perenially bad. This year was his first year since his early years of really being BAD. There are some on the board who believe that for every dollar we cut, we'll have an equal amount to spend in free agency, which is just not the case. We just cut Bradshaw, Canty, and Boley to get under the cap by all of what, 3 million? Cut Webster and we assume another five or so comes off. We have to sign our LT, top two WRs to extensions, and at least one offensive lineman. Corners are a premiere position, so another good corner will NOT be cheap.

Simply put:

1. The options for replacing Webster without spending more than what he's costing us cap wise are not plentiful. There is no Brandon Carr on the market this year.

2. Webster is only one year removed from a pretty friggin good season. A season where he covered some of the league's best and more than held his own. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he can return to form in a contract year.

3. Shortcomings in the secondary can be symptomatic of other issues, such as lack of a pass rush. I think there were times this year where this was clearly the case on our team. Bolstering the pass rush, which is something Reese is clearly going to look to do regardless could become a natural cure all.

4. Even if you believe there are free agents better than Webster, they could decide to sign elsewhere, forcing us to overpay. At the end of the day, a seven million dollar cap hit for a CB that has been a #1 and could get back there is not that bad at all.

5. There are two CBs that rate out to be first rounders this year in the draft. I'm a big fan of Xavier Rhodes, and wouldn't be upset if he is our pick at all, but this isn't a particularly deep class of CBs. You can always find some in later rounds, but usually with size or technique issues that make them vulnerable in their early years. See: Jayron Hosley.

6. You don't get rid of corners, ends, offensive tackles, or wide receivers. Some on this board have pointed to Chris Gamble, who has a cap number of what, 9 million, is coming off of a knee injury, and Carolina is STILL trying to keep him. Premium position. You can't have enough good corners.

Why are we in such a rush to get rid of Webster. I understand he was very bad this year, but he could rebound. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all.

Drez
02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Webster hasn't been perenially bad. This year was his first year since his early years of really being BAD. There are some on the board who believe that for every dollar we cut, we'll have an equal amount to spend in free agency, which is just not the case. We just cut Bradshaw, Canty, and Boley to get under the cap by all of what, 3 million? Cut Webster and we assume another five or so comes off. We have to sign our LT, top two WRs to extensions, and at least one offensive lineman. Corners are a premiere position, so another good corner will NOT be cheap.

Simply put:

1. The options for replacing Webster without spending more than what he's costing us cap wise are not plentiful. There is no Brandon Carr on the market this year.

2. Webster is only one year removed from a pretty friggin good season. A season where he covered some of the league's best and more than held his own. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he can return to form in a contract year.

3. Shortcomings in the secondary can be symptomatic of other issues, such as lack of a pass rush. I think there were times this year where this was clearly the case on our team. Bolstering the pass rush, which is something Reese is clearly going to look to do regardless could become a natural cure all.

4. Even if you believe there are free agents better than Webster, they could decide to sign elsewhere, forcing us to overpay. At the end of the day, a seven million dollar cap hit for a CB that has been a #1 and could get back there is not that bad at all.

5. There are two CBs that rate out to be first rounders this year in the draft. I'm a big fan of Xavier Rhodes, and wouldn't be upset if he is our pick at all, but this isn't a particularly deep class of CBs. You can always find some in later rounds, but usually with size or technique issues that make them vulnerable in their early years. See: Jayron Hosley.

Why are we in such a rush to get rid of Webster. I understand he was very bad this year, but he could rebound. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all.Well said.

BigJ
02-07-2013, 11:36 PM
I'd try to get him to take a cut, but would keep him at 7M if necessary for one 1-YR. I'm paying him for 1 more year based on what he's proven in his career. He's not old.

How do we know that we can get a better corner in the draft? Someone who's ready to start from day 1 opposite Prince?

Web had 4 or 5 excellent years in a row. I'm not going to destroy what's left of any depth that we have in the secondary. i do see what your saying about drafting a corner we don't know what were going to get, not only that we don't even play our rookies..... but we could get a better cornerback for that much money for 1 or most likely even less then that for one year in free agency easily. He really isnt worth that much money and he was never really amazing I would never consider him top 10 corner in the league, not only that he had to be considered 1 of the worse last year, and yes I know he was injured

BigJ
02-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Yes you guys are right in saying last year was his first real bad year

DandyDon
02-08-2013, 12:17 AM

Simply put:

6. You don't get rid of corners, ends, offensive tackles, or wide receivers. Some on this board have pointed to Chris Gamble, who has a cap number of what, 9 million, is coming off of a knee injury, and Carolina is STILL trying to keep him. Premium position. You can't have enough good corners.

Why are we in such a rush to get rid of Webster. I understand he was very bad this year, but he could rebound. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all.

+2

Buddy333
02-08-2013, 12:22 AM
The thing that makes his bad year even worse is that he is getting older. If he has a bad year after having a good three years and was only 27 you would say he has a good chance of bouncing back. Maybe he will. Some games he was bad and others where he gave up plays where simply perfect throws and catches by the opponent while he had good position.

B&RWarrior
02-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Webby will come to camp refocused, healthy and ready to play, making this discussion a moot point.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Webby will come to camp refocused, healthy and ready to play, making this discussion a moot point.

a man can dream I guess.

Diamondring
02-08-2013, 02:40 AM
The scheme he is in does not suit him or the rest of our dbs.

Captain Chaos
02-08-2013, 04:44 AM
Lack of production on the line might have had something to do with this. Think that the Draft is a good way to go in this case...

Redeyejedi
02-08-2013, 07:18 AM
The scheme he is in does not suit him or the rest of our dbs. Can u expand on that?

Redeyejedi
02-08-2013, 07:19 AM
The scheme he is in does not suit him or the rest of our dbs. Can u expand on that? I mean its the same defense from 2011 and he played really well

penguinfarmer
02-08-2013, 07:47 AM
My ideal situation would have been to let Webster play out his final year, while simultaneously drafting his replacement.

First off, people like to throw out his cap number. The enlarged cap hit of 9+ mil is a byproduct of Reese restructuring on a backloaded contract. A contract of 7mil per year is a great contract given that the corner market today is yielding contracts of 10+mil per year for #1 starters. Corners are expensive. Even a middle tier corner in FA will be a significant purchase with no certainty that the position will be upgraded much as they acclimate to a new system.

Secondly, I'd love to draft his replacement, but I certainly do not want that to be the immediate fix. Regardless of the prospect, cornerback is perhaps the hardest defensive position to transition to from the collegiate level. Just looking at Giants previous history of drafting, selecting a natural talent while still having the luxury of easing them in is a blessing. Even just one year of Webster can be an invaluable asset that most don't have the foresight to appreciate. I was amazed [well not really in this board] at how many people wanted to see Hosley, despite him having a statistically worse season than Webster. He played in off zone almost exclusively at Virginia Tech. He still has a long transition ahead of him.

Lastly, it all comes down to Webster the player. I am in no way sympathizing for him. However, his game was never predicated on strength or speed so it's not as if his tools have diminished. Rather, his play as a corner was always predicated on how well he was mirroring his receiver, which he was more than proficient in the past. For whatever reason, he was having some mental lapses in coverage that veteran corners just don't don't have. I believe these can be amended. Whether Webster does or not is on him and Giunta.

BigJ
02-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Lack of production on the line might have had something to do with this. Think that the Draft is a good way to go in this case... we have what is considered one of the best lines in the league for years now, don't blame it on the line when there are other teams in this league that don't have a pass rush even close to ours and their coners cover just fine. obviously Revis is way better but the Jets have no pass rush. QBs picked on CWebb all year he was terrible. Don't blame it on the line

BigJ
02-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Also those of you who want to blame his bad play on the line then Y don't you think that his good play was because our line was so great the years before???. I think he was exposed and because our pass rush wasn't what it was the year before he showed how average he is

gumby74
02-08-2013, 10:18 AM
webster is a FA next year anyway. even if he's there for depth, we won't really need to spend the big bucks until next year I think.

Diamondring
02-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Can u expand on that? I mean its the same defense from 2011 and he played really wellIf he played very well in 011, then why are these posts talk about getting rid of him? All players are going to have a down year. Yet a defenisiveline that does not give pressure to the O-line is not the right scheme don't you think? If Webster was bad, then there has to be problems with the rest of them cause they gave up a lot of yards. I know Webster did not give all those yards the Giants gave up by himself.

RagTime Blue
02-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I honestly think having Prince opposite him didn't make him look good. Ross took a lot of targets away.

But you have to wonder if some of our backups can play better than Corey. If so, that's a lot of cap space cleared. If not, then we need him.

penguinfarmer
02-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Using the "exposed" reasoning is also a flawed argument as if these were his issues all along. He was among the most targeted CBs in 2011, and still managed to hold his own.

Drez
02-08-2013, 01:09 PM
we have what is considered one of the best lines in the league for years now, don't blame it on the line when there are other teams in this league that don't have a pass rush even close to ours and their coners cover just fine. obviously Revis is way better but the Jets have no pass rush. QBs picked on CWebb all year he was terrible. Don't blame it on the lineOur defensive line sucked last year in the pass rush. I don't give a crap what they've done in the past. Last year they underperformed. End of story.

Drez
02-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I honestly think having Prince opposite him didn't make him look good. Ross took a lot of targets away.

But you have to wonder if some of our backups can play better than Corey. If so, that's a lot of cap space cleared. If not, then we need him.Yeah, because Hosley and Tryon looked so brilliant when they were on the field? I also don't get the feeling that Hosley will be well suited to playing outside. I can't give you any technical reasons, just a feeling I get when I saw him play.

BigJ
02-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Our defensive line sucked last year in the pass rush. I don't give a crap what they've done in the past. Last year they underperformed. End of story. yes they were terrible last year, but so was Cory Webster. So if people are goin to say that he played bad because our d-line sucked. then he must have only played good because our d lined was a force....

Drez
02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
yes they were terrible last year, but so was Cory Webster. So if people are goin to say that he played bad because our d-line sucked. then he must have only played good because our d lined was a force....No one is saying that Webster played well last year. However, saying that better production from the DL won't help the secondary any is a ridiculous statement, especially if the defense of the DL is that they played well in the past. If that's the case, we can make the same argument for Webster.

VBGiantsFan
02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Replace him in the second round with the Honeybadger!

NYGabriel
02-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Corey Toaster made Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana in the game @Ravens. One of the most embarrassing performances i've witnessed.

penguinfarmer
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Replace him in the second round with the Honeybadger!

Not sure whether this is serious or not.

Diamondring
02-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Look, forget about the excuse thing cause there are things that can cause problems. Webster had a lot of assignments and we have to look at Fewell's playbook and scheme cause it tells the whole story of why Webster had some problems more than he did in the past.

Diamondring
02-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Corey Toaster made Joe Flacco look like Joe Montana in the game @Ravens. One of the most embarrassing performances i've witnessed.Joe got the best of the 49ers and was Superbowl MVP and the 49ers suppose to have a good defense. Some qbs are too good and Joe may be improving.

simmstolt
02-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Yes you guys are right in saying last year was his first real bad year

I seem to recall him nearly getting run out of town from the get go right up until about week 16 in 2007 (see : Vikings game).

BigJ
02-08-2013, 06:13 PM
No one is saying that Webster played well last year. However, saying that better production from the DL won't help the secondary any is a ridiculous statement, especially if the defense of the DL is that they played well in the past. If that's the case, we can make the same argument for Webster. ok so can we say that the years before he was good because our dline was so good???

BigJ
02-08-2013, 06:16 PM
And he was never really great, even at his best he want atop 10 corner..... It really would not be that difficult to replace

penguinfarmer
02-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Top 10 corners don't grow on trees.

Drez
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
ok so can we say that the years before he was good because our dline was so good???In part, yes. Good DL play helps the entire secondary. Webster had a bad year. So, did the DL. If the DL gets a pass, so should Webster.

Sean Montemayor
02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Corey Toaster... +1. Now if only we had somebody like gee, I don't know... Richard Sherman. Would be epic. Hopefully a good draft helps. Toaster was horrible in game against Baltimore.

Sosynciere
02-08-2013, 07:12 PM
We can't just cut him without having a plan on how to get better. We cut Ahmad because we have TWO good, young backs to replace him. We cut Canty because we have Linval who played very well, and another young DT in Austin. We cut Boley knowing we have Jacquain coming back. All of those positions are on the field one at a time.

In a pass-heavy league, we need THREE good corners available as many as HALF of our defensive snaps. At least when people talk about running backs, they have viable options that can be pointed to: Jacobs, Bush, Greene, etc...

Where are the viable options for corners on this year's market? I can see Brent Grimes, who was very good in 2011, but barely played because of injury this year, just like Gamble, and Talib, who has so many off the field issues I'm not sure anyone is going to pony up for him. Add to that he's already in the Patriots system and has indicated he would like to stay....... Where are the options?

Good, not great cornerbacks get 6-7 million. That's what Sean Smith in Miami is asking for. Exactly, who?!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/db.html

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/

I like nfltraderumors.co but if you look at the list for cornerbacks, I don't see any slam dunk guys who will CLEARLY be better than Webster next year. Anyone who would, is going to cost at least 5 million. How do you replace him?

Rudyy
02-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I can play corner...

all I need is a mustache and i'm good to go.

Drez
02-08-2013, 08:15 PM
I can play corner...

all I need is a mustache and i'm good to go.
Are you German? lol

Drez
02-08-2013, 08:19 PM
We can't just cut him without having a plan on how to get better. We cut Ahmad because we have TWO good, young backs to replace him. We cut Canty because we have Linval who played very well, and another young DT in Austin. We cut Boley knowing we have Jacquain coming back. All of those positions are on the field one at a time.

In a pass-heavy league, we need THREE good corners available as many as HALF of our defensive snaps. At least when people talk about running backs, they have viable options that can be pointed to: Jacobs, Bush, Greene, etc...

Where are the viable options for corners on this year's market? I can see Brent Grimes, who was very good in 2011, but barely played because of injury this year, just like Gamble, and Talib, who has so many off the field issues I'm not sure anyone is going to pony up for him. Add to that he's already in the Patriots system and has indicated he would like to stay....... Where are the options?

Good, not great cornerbacks get 6-7 million. That's what Sean Smith in Miami is asking for. Exactly, who?!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2013/fa/db.html

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/

I like nfltraderumors.co but if you look at the list for cornerbacks, I don't see any slam dunk guys who will CLEARLY be better than Webster next year. Anyone who would, is going to cost at least 5 million. How do you replace him?
If we got a guy that would give us the level of production we normally see from Webster, then we'd save $2m by cutting Webster and signing that guy.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2013, 09:01 AM

Web had 4 or 5 excellent years in a row. I'm not going to destroy what's left of any depth that we have in the secondary.

great post.

this could be slump and he could play better.

i'd rather see one more year with webby than go out in the market and overpay (because you overpay for everything in the NFL unless its a 1 yr deal) for some guy that another team doesn't want.

yatitle
02-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Webster's situation is similar to Osi's last year. You get 1 final year out of him and then you know he's gone. Didn't work out so well with Osi last year. Web is one of my favorite Giants but he was terrible last year. I believe in the adage to get rid of him a year too early rather than a year too late. Only problem is no replacement is on the horizon. I think he stays.

bklyn1028
02-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I was never a Webster fan.........HOWEVER.......this was the first year he did not play up to his potential. He isn't a shut-down corner...but Webster has proven time and time again that he can hold his own with top receivers. He's had great games, (albeit he does get burned), but to cut him, I think with his veteran status would be foolish. With Prince coming to his own, and Web on the other side, Hosley in waiting, I think '13 will be a great secondary year for the jints.

And Sam Madison was a safety.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I was never a Webster fan.........HOWEVER.......this was the first year he did not play up to his potential. He isn't a shut-down corner...but Webster has proven time and time again that he can hold his own with top receivers. He's had great games, (albeit he does get burned), but to cut him, I think with his veteran status would be foolish. With Prince coming to his own, and Web on the other side, Hosley in waiting, I think '13 will be a great secondary year for the jints.

And Sam Madison was a safety.
+1

what year haven't we had at least 2 corners go down at the same time with injuries?

without webby we've got prince and hosely (i'm not holding my breath on TT at all).

after that, we'll have corners that only we rabid fans will know the names of.

we can't play in our division with a potential no name starting at corner.

Drez
02-09-2013, 06:59 PM
+1

what year haven't we had at least 2 corners go down at the same time with injuries?

without webby we've got prince and hosely (i'm not holding my breath on TT at all).

after that, we'll have corners that only we rabid fans will know the names of.

we can't play in our division with a potential no name starting at corner.
Also, something that may help out... I think if we match CB on receivers (instead of going L/R), Prince very well see more time matching up against the other team's number 1.

AntB
02-10-2013, 12:21 AM
If we get tough agian up front everything else will work itself out. We need to get big and strong at defensive talke and make sure our offensive line can hold it's own against anybody.

Sean Montemayor
02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
Toaster.

BigJ
02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
let me ask you guys this though..... how much you think we could pick up Sean Smith from the Dolphins for 1 or 2 years?? I'm guessing the same or less I could be wrong though what are your guys thoughts?

Sosynciere
02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
let me ask you guys this though..... how much you think we could pick up Sean Smith from the Dolphins for 1 or 2 years?? I'm guessing the same or less I could be wrong though what are your guys thoughts?

There are reports that Smith wants the same deal McCourtey got from the Titans: 5 years, 43 million.

That's an average of 8 million a year, there'll be a signing bonus that would most likely be prorated across the life of the contract, and possibly a low cap number this year, but heavier on the latter years. Using the typical formula, Smith could get a deal with a cap number as low as 3 million. I get that number assuming a big bonus of ten million at the outset, which would be prorated over five years for two million a year including the first year, plus a modest base salary of say 900,000. I'm not a capologist, and maybe someone can correct any false pretenses I've made, but the Giants would definitely have to see Smith as a long term fit to offer something like this.

Answering the question posed, if he's asking for five years, is young and good, what possible reason would he have for accepting a deal for 1 or 2 years? Some of Webster's money would be dead money, but if you're sure your getting the better player, in the above scenario, he may cost the same amount for NEXT year, but would be signed long term, with the organization having to pay out a significant amount up front. This is why the Giants don't give out big free agent deals, and are less likely to give out as big a bonus as the ten million I've used here.

BigJ
02-10-2013, 01:39 PM
There are reports that Smith wants the same deal McCourtey got from the Titans: 5 years, 43 million.

That's an average of 8 million a year, there'll be a signing bonus that would most likely be prorated across the life of the contract, and possibly a low cap number this year, but heavier on the latter years. Using the typical formula, Smith could get a deal with a cap number as low as 3 million. I get that number assuming a big bonus of ten million at the outset, which would be prorated over five years for two million a year including the first year, plus a modest base salary of say 900,000. I'm not a capologist, and maybe someone can correct any false pretenses I've made, but the Giants would definitely have to see Smith as a long term fit to offer something like this.

Answering the question posed, if he's asking for five years, is young and good, what possible reason would he have for accepting a deal for 1 or 2 years? Some of Webster's money would be dead money, but if you're sure your getting the better player, in the above scenario, he may cost the same amount for NEXT year, but would be signed long term, with the organization having to pay out a significant amount up front. This is why the Giants don't give out big free agent deals, and are less likely to give out as big a bonus as the ten million I've used here. well there's my answer haha... Yea i didn't have any idea what he was asking but Yea the signing bonus would kill us, and like you said he's looking for a long term deal