PDA

View Full Version : Ellerbe and Kruger

RichGiants81
02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Looks like the ravens will lose one of these guys. It would be sweet if we end up having the cap room to pick one of them up if the situation is feasible

primetime
02-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Ellerbe would be a great fit for us but I think the Ravens will make it a priority to resign him with Ray Lewis retiring. As for Kruger he's a solid player who thrives in a 3-4 defense, I think he will go to the highest bidder.

Kruunch
02-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Ravens will keep Ellerbe and we couldn't afford Kruger.

Carter.525
02-08-2013, 07:53 AM
is Ellerbe a weak side LB..??

Kruunch
02-08-2013, 08:23 AM
is Ellerbe a weak side LB..??

Plays both inside and out although I'd say he's better as an ILB.

Carter.525
02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
J Will - Ellerbe - Ogletree

TroyArcher
02-08-2013, 11:52 AM
People always overestimae players from SB winning teams. Ask some of the teams who have picked up ex-Giants the past few years.

ImElectric2
02-08-2013, 12:05 PM
J Will - Ellerbe - OgletreeI just messed my shorts.

Carter.525
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I just messed my shorts.

gross..:cool:

I Bleed Blue 56
02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Ellerbe is so underrated hes not going to leave Baltimore at all. Hes worth the contract he gets. He can shut down TE can stop the run. Just re watch the superbowl Gore got stopped inthe back a few times by him. We cant afford him but that would be amazing if we got him.

gmen0820
02-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Ellerbe's a thumper, not so sure he'd fit in our Tampa-2 scheme.

gmen0820
02-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Why is this board so obsessed with a unit that we've recently demonstrated TWICE that we do.not.need?

TheEnigma
02-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Why is this board so obsessed with a unit that we've recently demonstrated TWICE that we do.not.need?

80s Giants LB unit. People want that again. I'm sure that there are Lions fans out there screaming for the next Barry Sanders too.

egyptian420
02-08-2013, 01:27 PM
People always overestimae players from SB winning teams. Ask some of the teams who have picked up ex-Giants the past few years.Those guys (especially Kruger) have been having a tremendous season way before they went to the SB.

egyptian420
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Why is this board so obsessed with a unit that we've recently demonstrated TWICE that we do.not.need?In all actuality, we won those superbowls IN SPITE of having terrible linebackers, not because of them. Just like we won both superbowls in spite of having Ross as a CB....doesn't mean it's a good idea to have corners like him forever.

And in 07, Pierce and Kawika Mitchell were actually decent.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-08-2013, 06:20 PM
80s Giants LB unit. People want that again. I'm sure that there are Lions fans out there screaming for the next Barry Sanders too.

how about just one really good Lb instead of the table scraps they keep trotting out there.

gmen0820
02-08-2013, 07:03 PM
In all actuality, we won those superbowls IN SPITE of having terrible linebackers, not because of them.I agree, that's what I'm saying. Not that I'm not about improving the LBers, but we've demonstrated ways to be successful, and that's with a dominant DL. With the DL in crisis, it's a no-brainer that needs to be taken care of before anything is even considered defensively.

On this board, however, it's all about LBers, LBers, LBers, LT, Banks, LBers, LBers, thumpers, weakside, strongside, LBERS!!!!!!!

jomo
02-08-2013, 07:11 PM
People always overestimae players from SB winning teams. Ask some of the teams who have picked up ex-Giants the past few years.This is the period where agents make fortunes and teams get screwed.

egyptian420
02-08-2013, 07:35 PM
I agree, that's what I'm saying. Not that I'm not about improving the LBers, but we've demonstrated ways to be successful, and that's with a dominant DL. With the DL in crisis, it's a no-brainer that needs to be taken care of before anything is even considered defensively.

On this board, however, it's all about LBers, LBers, LBers, LT, Banks, LBers, LBers, thumpers, weakside, strongside, LBERS!!!!!!!Ah I see....well it doesn't hurt to have good LB's of course, but when you put it that way (D-line vs LB's) it is a no brainer that the D-line is the heart and soul of our team and has been for a long time now.

gmen0820
02-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Ah I see....well it doesn't hurt to have good LB's of course, but when you put it that way (D-line vs LB's) it is a no brainer that the D-line is the heart and soul of our team and has been for a long time now.The prevailing thought, at least this is how I see it on this board, is that "what's stopped us from success" (preposterous considering we'd won two Super Bowls in 4 years) was our LBers. I don't understand that line of thinking lol

jomo
02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
The prevailing thought, at least this is how I see it on this board, is that "what's stopped us from success" (preposterous considering we'd won two Super Bowls in 4 years) was our LBers. I don't understand that line of thinking lolSpeaking for myself, I never went there. What hurt us most on D was the underperfomance of just about everyone on our DL. That said, our LBs are embarrasing, especially given our tradition.

gmen0820
02-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Speaking for myself, I never went there. What hurt us most on D was the underperfomance of just about everyone on our DL. That said, our LBs are embarrasing, especially given our tradition.Actually, I might have worded that a little wrong. I don't think everyone shares that P.O.V.

(....atta boy gmen, keep your posts nice and ambiguous so you can backpedal your way out! mwahahaha)

RichGiants81
02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
I'd love to have one of these guys on our team, we need a legit thumper LB. I'm tired of the Brian kehl/Clint sintim/Phil Dillard scrubs being in there

nycisgreat
02-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Looks like the ravens will lose one of these guys. It would be sweet if we end up having the cap room to pick one of them up if the situation is feasible

I don't see it happen. The asking price for these will be high.

nycsportzfan
02-08-2013, 10:57 PM
I personally would rather sign EJ Biggers and Glenn Dorsey and Draft Alec Ogletree and one of Tank Carradine, Datone JOnes, Mallichaih Goodman, or Brandon Jenkins, or something like that..

ozzie0075
02-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Ellerbe is going to get a lot of money. There is no way the Giants are even in the ballpark.

Carter.525
02-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Ellerbe is going to get a lot of money. There is no way the Giants are even in the ballpark.

true