PDA

View Full Version : Giants 2013 Draft Picks Needs

Red Dog
02-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Hope this is an acceptable post for this forum
This year at first glance the draft for the 1st round top picks appear to be lineman and Lb's. Kiper's pick at 19 for the Giants being a TE aside, I believe the Giants will go at 19 for d-line help because of the fall-off on the pass-rush, Osi probably gone, Tuck unmotivated, and the division's scramblers Washington's RG3 and Vick need to be held in check, then O-Line needing backup tackles, and LB in later rounds
Past draft picks by Reese are on the bubble this camp and must produce as Jerry likes to stick with what he picked.

Any thoughts on the who for D-Line draft at 19, or position?
Any thoughts on 2nd round selection by position?

miked1958
02-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Need to find a another young diamond in the rough WR. We can bring along RR and another he finds. We are fooling ourselves if we think JR will overpay to sign both nicks and Cruz

Rawdog550
02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't think the Giants need to look for any other WR. If either Cruz or Nicks leaves the Giants have the talent behind them for someone to step up and be a player. The Giants need help on Defense. We need DL specifically DT's that can stuff the run, ILB we need an ILB that can make plays at the line of scrimage and help with stopping the run. CB we need a shut down corner and a Big hitting Saftey that can cover. The Giants needs on D are pretty extensive. Worst run Dfense in the league, Worst overall Dfense in the league!!!!! That says it all!!!!!! They need to revamp their system get players to improve our D where it needs improving and possibly a new Dfensive Coordinator.

juice33s
02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I think the pick will ultimately be either DL or OL. Its the foundation that all great teams are built on and the giants have seemingly got weaker season by season over the past 5 years or so. Its that very same philosphy which Nick Saban has used to build his dynasty at Alabama. He always looks to fortify the lines with the big uglies first and foremost

RagTime Blue
02-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I'd be surprised if we didn't grab the best DLineman available.

penguinfarmer
02-10-2013, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't overlook corner. If Webster is retained, that almost eliminates signing a viable corner long term. Given that this team has drafted ahead impending need instead of an immediate fix, this could be the opportunity to draft a replacement while creating a setting to ease into the game rather than start immediately.

If Webster is released, then that just exacerbates the need, barring a major signing in FA which I still find unlikely for the position as it can be cost prohibitive.

Redeyejedi
02-10-2013, 08:30 AM
1. 3 Tech

2. Nickel Pass Rusher

3. MLB

4. Cornerback

5. RT

PRGiant
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Well. We gotta sign/restructure pretty much the entire OL as of now so it's too early for me to see what we will be top need come draft time...

Sundown
02-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Can olgetree play MLB? I know he needs development on run support but his speed and coverage skills are legit! I wouldn't hate the pick on day one of the draft.

Carter.525
02-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Can olgetree play MLB? I know he needs development on run support but his speed and coverage skills are legit! I wouldn't hate the pick on day one of the draft.

I've read alot that Ogletree is a 3-4 ILB and a 4-3 Will.. I hope he can grow into a 4-3 Mike

Rawdog550
02-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't see how drafting another pass rusher helps the Giants Run defense.. We have the best pass rush in Football this year they were off but when they are on its undoubtly the most potent pass rush in the NFL. Giants don't have a problem rushing the passer. They have a serious problem stopping the run. Whether the Giants pick up a run stuffing DT/NT or a good ILB something has to be done to sure up the run defense.

juice33s
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't see how drafting another pass rusher helps the Giants Run defense.. We have the best pass rush in Football this year they were off but when they are on its undoubtly the most potent pass rush in the NFL. Giants don't have a problem rushing the passer. They have a serious problem stopping the run. Whether the Giants pick up a run stuffing DT/NT or a good ILB something has to be done to sure up the run defense.
Well subtract Osi and add a rapidly declining Tuck to the equation and our Pass rush is quickly becoming far les potent. But I agree the run defense sucked at as well, so basically we need all the help we can get on defense. Thats why I'm such a proponent of Alec Ogletree, he will help in all three phases (rush the passer, coverage and stopping the run).

egyptian420
02-11-2013, 02:24 AM
I don't see how drafting another pass rusher helps the Giants Run defense.. We have the best pass rush in Football this year they were off but when they are on its undoubtly the most potent pass rush in the NFL. Giants don't have a problem rushing the passer. They have a serious problem stopping the run. Whether the Giants pick up a run stuffing DT/NT or a good ILB something has to be done to sure up the run defense.Really? I thought our pass rush was terrible. Qb's were setting up hammocks and resting in the pocket it seemed.

Redeyejedi
02-11-2013, 08:20 AM

Giants pass rush was awful and its do to the physical decline of the players. Justin Tuck is no longer a pass rush threat. Giants may have to start pulling him off the field in certain situations. Osi is a FA and gone. Kiwanuka as a full time end at best would provide 8 sacks. JPP is the best pass rusher on the team and he isnt a true edge rusher. The Giants dont have 1 guy on the team that can beat an OT outside consistently not 1.
Also run defenders are much easier to get then true pass rushers. U dont need to spend early picks on run defending DT's for 4-3 defenses

Kruunch
02-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Hope this is an acceptable post for this forum
This year at first glance the draft for the 1st round top picks appear to be lineman and Lb's. Kiper's pick at 19 for the Giants being a TE aside, I believe the Giants will go at 19 for d-line help because of the fall-off on the pass-rush, Osi probably gone, Tuck unmotivated, and the division's scramblers Washington's RG3 and Vick need to be held in check, then O-Line needing backup tackles, and LB in later rounds
Past draft picks by Reese are on the bubble this camp and must produce as Jerry likes to stick with what he picked.

Any thoughts on the who for D-Line draft at 19, or position?
Any thoughts on 2nd round selection by position?

1) DT

2) CB

3) DE

4) MLB

5) OT/OG

Redeyejedi
02-11-2013, 08:37 AM
1) DT

2) CB

3) DE

4) MLB

5) OT/OG

Yeah those top 5 are definitely the needs . I think DT is for sure number 1 now. The other 4 id say are debatable after DT, Id like to see 1 of the Top 3 in the 1st round then after that any of the 5. I think we will see another DT FA brought in. I cant see the Giants going into the draft with what they have. Joseph is the only sure DT on the roster. Can we really count on anyone else Rodgers? Bernard? kuhn an ACL injury? Austin is a complete wildcard

GOBLUE24
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
1 MLB this defense needs a young leader in the middle
2 oline. Needs to get bigger and younger. Pick a spot
3 cb. Prefer a length corner ala 6 and above
4 Safety big play range safety.

egyptian420
02-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I can see us picking any position on defense, the only offensive position I see us taking is OL.

myles2424
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
DT,de,lb,cb,OT first picks.....WR,RB,interior Oline at the end