PDA

View Full Version : Nicks has to get his act together

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 01:59 PM
He has been dropping too many passes lately. Can't rely on Cruz alone. If Manningham and Ballard do not return we cann not get by with just Cruz. Barden hasn't shown he is ready to step in and pick up the slack. Beckum is useless.

Joe Morrison
12-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Nicks needs to throw away those artic gloves and start playing like a man instead of a little girl.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Nicks needs to throw away those artic gloves and start playing like a man instead of a little girl.

LOL yes... stop dropping passes, easy or difficult & start FIGHTING for positioning to help Eli out... play like an elite receiver

YATittle1962
12-26-2011, 09:35 PM

artic gloves?

KidA
12-26-2011, 09:37 PM
He'll get it together. He's the 10th leading receiver in the NFL.

TheReal_LT
12-26-2011, 09:40 PM
He'll get it together.* He's the 10th leading receiver in the NFL.

I hope so....we need all hands on deck

scf424
12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
This'll be the week to do it. Nicks habitually owns Dallas' secondary, in his 4 games against Dallas, Nicks has:

8 rec. for 163 yards
5 rec. for 82 yards
9 rec. for 108 yards and 2 TDs
2 rec. for 37 yards and 1 TD

So add those up, and you get 24 rec for 390 yards and 3 TDs.

Averaging about 6 rec, 100 yards, and a TD a game.

53canton
12-26-2011, 09:52 PM
It is shocking that way he's been playing. we need him to peak now. And get Mario back!

VBGiantsFan
12-26-2011, 09:55 PM
It is shocking that way he's been playing. we need him to peak now. And get Mario back!

Well, he won't have Revis on him this week, so I expect a huge comeback.

No Revis and the fact he'll be hungry to redeem himself and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

gmen46
12-26-2011, 10:01 PM
He has been dropping too many passes lately. Can't rely on Cruz alone. If Manningham and Ballard do not return we cann not get by with just Cruz. Barden hasn't shown he is ready to step in and pick up the slack. Beckum is useless.

Simma dunna, now.

I know it's 2 consecutive games, but really the Skins game was the one he screwed the pooch (and the 2nd Eagles game, I suppose).

Saturday Revis did a good job on him, although Nicks did drop that one in the first qter(?) when he was wide open for the short curl.

Dallas has no Revis, or a Cromartie for that matter.

He has pride, confidence, unearthly talent, and a good work ethic, by all accounts, so he should have a good day Sun Night.

I think 6 receptions for 100 yards, and 1 TD should be about right for him.

Defcon4
12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Our receivers have 29 drops for the year I think. ESPN says that is the second highest total in the NFL. Nicks has 7 of those drops. Cruz has 7 of those drops. I think that's the MO on this group of receivers they tend to make the spectacular catch and drop the easy ones every now and then.

gmen46
12-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Our receivers have 29 drops for the year I think. ESPN says that is the second highest total in the NFL. Nicks has 7 of those drops. Cruz has 7 of those drops. I think that's the MO on this group of receivers they tend to make the spectacular catch and drop the easy ones every now and then.

You may be right. They aren't the first receivers to be guilty of that, and won't be the last.

And don't forget Mario who has had his share of great catches, then some terrible drops (I still can't get that beautiful TD pass that Mario dropped--vs GB? Saints?--in the right corner out of my head)

Imagine how much patience Eli must have. It's got to be stressful when they drop perfect passes, as many of the dropped ones have been, and takes a lot for him not to jump all over them--which would only make them more skittish, if he did that.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 12:14 AM
the thing thats so concerning is that the passing game runs through nicks to a large extent.

hes the first option on a lot of the plays. when eli has to start double guessing himself bc nicks cant catch a cold, it destroys the offense i.e. vs Washington.

he's got to get his act together, or maybe the G-Men need to make Cruz the first option and Nicks the 2nd...

remember when we had smith and nicks, teams would double SMITH...just throwing that out there

53canton
12-27-2011, 12:51 AM

No Revis and the fact he'll be hungry to redeem himself and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

YOu mean he wont have Revis draped all over him without a flag this week.
If the Dallas CB's handle our WR's the way Revis did there will be interference or holding calls all day! So i'll take it!

GiantWarfare
12-27-2011, 12:55 AM
The Cowboys are the perfect remedy for Nicks' funk...

I'm confident he'll snap out of it Sunday

Zaggs
12-27-2011, 12:56 AM

Well if the Dallas corners are allowed to one arm hug him like Revis could then it won't matter. I know some contact has to be allowed. But Revis had his entire arm around receivers well before the ball got there and a couple of times was holding Nick's arm down.

RagTime Blue
12-27-2011, 01:25 AM
It's pretty apparent that Nicks' hamstring(s) is acting up on him. He almost never turns on the burn anymore, and you see the trainers working on the backs of his legs when he's on the sidelines.

I don't think opposing teams realize just what a threat Hakeem ISN'T these days. So maybe he's just out there to draw a double team and free-up #80.

I guess that's cool.

buddy33
12-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Part o the success Cruz is enjoying is due to Nicks being such a threat. Not taking anything away from Cruz, but Nicks is the guys teams key on 1st. The drop in the Washington game was a it one, but he also made some nice catches after that happened. This last game he was covered by a very good CB that also could have been flagged a bunch of times. I mean they called Grant for a pass interference on a 4th down and it looked no worse than what Revis gets away with.