PDA

View Full Version : 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMI Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robiskie

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 01:08 PM
I say package up a deal to trade Smith a #2 and 5 for Braylon. Thats right Steve Smith. I would rather keep Hixon who is more valuable than Steve Smith due too him being a Pro Bowl type return man. The truth is guys we are wasting him by playing WR every down. He needs to return punts and kickoffs and be on special teams as well as a third down receiver as well as coming in on 3 or 4 side packages. He is the best in the league right now on returning kicks and we are wasting him every down at WR. Besides this gives Moss some reps. I say if Cleveland wants Smith so be it as we need to trade someone good to get a #1 receiver.
After spending some time looking at all the WR in this draft and where the Giants pick at #1 and there 2 #2 picks they can end up drafting Kenny Britt at 29 and Robinskie with their other second round pick. These guys clearer are #1 and #2 type big time receivers in the making. Check out the Daily news article today on Kenny Britt. The dude can play.

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robiskie
Britt http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/04/19/2009-04-19_meet_mister_.html
Hixon- Special Teams and WR

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 01:11 PM
I say package up a deal to trade Smith a #2 and 5 for Braylon. Thats right Steve Smith. I would rather keep Hixon who is more valuable than Steve Smith due too him being a Pro Bowl type return man. The truth is guys we are wasting him by playing WR every down. He needs to return punts and kickoffs and be on special teams as well as a third down receiver as well as coming in on 3 or 4 side packages. He is the best in the league right now on returning kicks and we are wasting him every down at WR. Besides this gives Moss some reps. I say if Cleveland wants Smith so be it as we need to trade soemone good to get a #1 receiver.
After spending some time looking at all the WR in this draft and where the Giants pick at #1 and there 2 #2 picks they can end up drafting Kenny Britt at 29 and Robinskie with their other second round pick. These guys clearer are #1 and #2 type big time receivers in the making.

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robinskie
Britt

sorry couldnt get passed the trade Smith part of your post......

thats just stupid.......

and Hixon more valuable than Smith......?

with all due respect friend.........I think you have to rethink some things......

FBomb
04-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Yep, me too. Stopped reading at the words "trade Smith".

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata 100o times and maybe you will get it.

Bobby1
04-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Trade Smith are you on drugs. He's our best 3rd down guy and you want him gone? Hixon was ok at best filling in for Plax but he's not the long term answer.

Mua Dib
04-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Whos the Gmen Swamii?

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Please answer this Question ? If you had to trade Smith to get Braylon Edwards straight up would you do it knowing he is a #1 receiver and we need a true #1 receiver knowing we have a number of #2 receivers already on the team ???

I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need.

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata 100o times and maybe you will get it.

Ill say it again.....I stopped reading at trade Smith.......

why does everyone think a WR is a WR is a WR?

yes Hixon can run back kicks...so can Bradshaw...is he now more valuable than BJ?
so can Ross is he more valuable than Webster?

I dont think YOU understand football friend.....Smith will be as good a possession guy as any above average guy in the league who makes his money in the middle of the field..

Smith for Edwards makes no sense........apples and oranges........
dont get me wrong I dont want to lose Hixon either .....

I would part with Kiwi before any reciever

FBomb
04-19-2009, 01:31 PM
</P>

</P>

The old "you don't know anything about football if you don't agree with me" arguement. Brilliant!!</P>

Luckily, it would seem our GM feels the same way. Guess he doesn't know very much about football either. </P>

Moron.</P>

FBomb
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Please answer this Question ? If you had to trade Smith to get Braylon Edwards straight up would you do it knowing he is a #1 receiver and we need a true #1 receiver knowing we have a number of #2 receivers already on the team ???

I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need.
</P>

Cleveland would have to be as moronic as you to trade straight up for Smith. You're posts are getting worse.</P>

I'll say it again........moron.</P>

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 01:34 PM

yes Hixon can run back kicks...so can Bradshaw...is he now more valuable than BJ?

I dont think YOU understand football friend.....Smith will be as good a possession guy as any above average guy in the league who makes his money in the middle of the field..

Mua Dib
04-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Please answer this Question ? If you had to trade Smith to get Braylon Edwards straight up would you do it knowing he is a #1 receiver and we need a true #1 receiver knowing* we have a number of* #2 receivers already on the team ???

Straight up I'd trade Smith for Edwards anytime. I like Smith but.....

TuckYou
04-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Hixon is more valuable than Smith in the Special Teams game. But for some reason we dont use Hixon as a returner like we should. Smith is a much more polished WR than Hixon and is key on 3rd downs. Not trading Smith. Braylon could be had for 2nd and a 5th. Its just about being patient.

FBomb
04-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Hixon is more valuable than Smith in the Special Teams game. But for some reason we dont use Hixon as a returner like we should. Smith is a much more polished WR than Hixon and is key on 3rd downs. Not trading Smith. Braylon could be had for 2nd and a 5th. Its just about being patient.</P>

"For some reason"? Starting #1's (even if they are filling in for a guy who shot himself) don't return kicks. </P>

byron
04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
</P>

Of coarse its something for something common sense right. I don't want to see smith or hixon goanywhere to valuable to the team. imo I just don't see the Giants putting all their eggs in one basket BE would be nice but giving up S or H would be stupid. imho</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Your football comprehension is very limited. Do not worry I will stop trying to converse with you as I realize it is hard for you to understand logic. The last part of you reply mentioning to trade Kiwi instead of Smith says it all. Let me see a #2 receiver is more important than a pass rusher who can play the D-line and LB ? Let me see offense and a #2 possession receiver is more important than defense and is going to win you SuperBowls? I am done with you as you are lost. Sorry I really think you need to look at the history books and rethink your statements. Thanks for allowing me to understand where your head is at.

FBomb
04-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Your football comprehension is very limited. Do not worry I will stop trying to converse with you as I realize it is hard for you to understand logic. The last part of you reply mentioning to trade Kiwi instead of Smith says it all. Let me see a #2 receiver is more important than a pass rusher who can play the D-line and LB ? Let me see offense and a #2 possession receiver is more important than defense and is going to win you SuperBowls? I am done with you as you are lost. Sorry I really think you need to look at the history books and rethink your statements. Thanks for allowing me to understand where your head is at.
</P>

Another stunningly moronic post. You've outdone yourself today, my disadvantaged friend. I don't know if it's bravery or stupidity that would make someone start a battle of wits while completely unarmed.</P>

</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I was trying to make a point to another guy. you did not follow the posts. My original post stands to trade Smith a 2 and 5 for Edwards. One guy would not make that trade and that is moronic. He basically was saying that it is not worth trading Smith to get Edwards since theh #2 and #5 picks are only trading potential players who have no real value yet as they have not played a single down in teh NFL yet. That is why Cleveland wants someone of value now plus two picks who have potential. Cleveland will not make the trade unless they get someone who has NFL value. You are right Cleveland is not stupid and they want to egt something to give up something. The only way we could trade for Edwards without giving up players if we gave Cleveland a #1, #2 and #3 or #1, 2 of or #2's . you have to give up soemthing to get soemthing.

sodbuster
04-19-2009, 02:01 PM
trade a guy who catches every thing throwen to him and is a clutch reciever .for a guywho can't catch when he is open lead the league in drops. is not a clutch reciever .. just settight and draft brit or who ever falls to us. nicks or berden in the 2nd or the 3rd

riot
04-19-2009, 02:04 PM
GMEN SWAMEE should take his turbin and hang himself with it

FBomb
04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I was trying to make a point to another guy. you did not follow the posts. My original post stands to trade Smith a 2 and 5 for Edwards. One guy would not make that trade and that is moronic. He basically was saying that it is not worth trading Smith to get Edwards since theh #2 and #5 picks are only trading potential players who have no real value yet as they have not played a single down in teh NFL yet. That is why Cleveland wants someone of value now plus two picks who have potential. Cleveland will not make the trade unless they get someone who has NFL value. You are right Cleveland is not stupid and they want to egt something to give up something. The only way we could trade for Edwards without giving up players if we gave Cleveland a #1, #2 and #3 or #1, 2 of or #2's . you have to give up soemthing to get soemthing.
</P>

Why would I need to follow the posts when I'm commenting on your lack of debating skills? I don't care that you think trading Smith is a good idea. It's your opinion and your entitled to it. It's WRONG, but that's a horse of a different color.</P>

The problem I have with your opinion is how you present it and challange everyone elses opinion with moronic arguements such as "you know nothing about football". I know you don't see it, but it makes you look stupid. It's a rather sophomoric stradegy. Presenting facts to back your opinion is a better way to go.</P>

FBomb
04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
GMEN SWAMEE should take his turbin and hang himself with it</P>

</P>

LMFAO!!!! I just spit coffee all over my keyboard!!!!</P>

NY_Eli
Smith>Hixon

especially if trading for a #1 wide receiver

Robiskie is my favorite rookie

GMENAGAIN
So you want to trade our best remaining WR (who by the way is the only WR we have that has shown that he can perform in a big game), then you want to use our first 3 draft picks (including the one that you have us trading for Braylon) on WR's???? </P>

Keep your day job my friend. </P>

RoanokeFan
04-19-2009, 02:07 PM

The only valid point he makes is about Hixon returning kicks but neither of them should be traded for Edwards. But when you say Badshaw can return kicks you are saying he can catch it. He is no threat and neither is Moss. If we don't have Hixon returning kicks we really have no threat with any other player on the team.

nygiants0010
04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry oldschool,but i have to agree with everyone else.Your post just dosnt make any sence. If they traded for Edwards they wouldnt draft Britt and Robiskie after that.Besides i dont think Robiskie will be there at the Giants 2nd #2 pick.Im also not sure Britt will be there at #1 pick.

RoanokeFan
04-19-2009, 02:09 PM
trade a guy who catches every thing throwen to him and is a clutch reciever .for a guywho can't catch when he is open lead the league in drops. is not a clutch reciever .. just settight and draft brit or who ever falls to us. nicks or berden in the 2nd or the 3rd

I don't want them to get Edwards either, but don't say the guy can't catch. He did lead the league last year in drops but to say he can't catch is just wrong.

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Hixon's a good return man but the Giants have already shown you that they are not going to use him much in the return game if he is lining up regularly as a #1 or #2 WR, so what does it matter? If he's returning a lot of kicks for the Giants, it will mean that he is not seing the field much as a WR.

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Ok here are the facts. Please answer Yes or No before you call anyone stupid.

The fact is we need an experienced #1 receiver. ?
The fact is Edwards is better than Smith ?
The fact is a #2 receiver is easier to replace either on our team or in the draft ?
The fact is Hixon is more valuable to the Giants than Smith ?

If you answered Yes to all the questions then you have your facts.

FBomb
04-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Hixon's a good return man but the Giants have already shown you that they are not going to use him much in the return game if he is lining up regularly as a #1 or #2 WR, so what does it matter? If he's returning a lot of kicks for the Giants, it will mean that he is not seing the field much as a WR.</P>

</P>

Wha.........is that...........logic? Sorry, I hadn't seen that in a while. I almost didn't recognize it.</P>

NY_Eli
04-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok here are the facts. Please answer Yes or No before you call anyone stupid.*

The fact is we need an experienced #1 receiver. ?
The fact is Edwards is better than Smith ?
The fact is a #2 receiver is easier to replace either on our team or in the draft ?
The fact is Hixon is more valuable to the Giants than Smith ?*

If you answered Yes to all the questions then you have your facts.*

the answer to the last question is no

that is the problem with your post

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Exactly my point. The Giants would rather Hixon be our #3 WR and return punts and kickoffs than be our everyday # 1 and 2. He is weapon on Special teams and we need to utilize the weapon. So, that is why we need to trade for Edwards and draft Britt and Robenskie.

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2009, 02:21 PM
</P>

Why would I need to follow the posts when I'm commenting on your lack of debating skills? I don't care that you think trading Smith is a good idea. It's your opinion and your entitled to it. It's WRONG, but that's a horse of a different color.</P>

The problem I have with your opinion is how you present it and challange everyone elses opinion with <FONT size=5>moronic arguements such as "you know nothing about football".</FONT> I know you don't see it, but it makes you look stupid. It's a rather sophomoric stradegy. Presenting facts to back your opinion is a better way to go.</P>

</P>

What? I love that argument -- it's one of the most entertaining on the MB's (followed closely by the argument that Moss caught every ball thrown to him last year). I had some dummy on another thread state that Mike Fladell (a free agent OL from Rutgers) was "a top 20 OT," and when I disagreed he accused me of not watching games closely enough (Fladell hasnever been in a game nor will he) and not doing enough research. Really, you can't make up this stuff . . . .</P>

The funniest thing is that it is always the people that know the least about football that make that argument.</P>

FBomb
04-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Ok here are the facts. Please answer Yes or No before you call anyone stupid.<FONT color=#0000ff> To be fair, I was calling your method of debating stupid, not your opinion. You deserved what you got for acting like a ****</FONT><FONT color=#000080>.
</FONT>
The fact is we need an experienced #1 receiver. ? <FONT color=#0000ff>Yes, absolutely</FONT>.
The fact is Edwards is better than Smith ? <FONT color=#0000ff>Again, yes</FONT>.
The fact is a #2 receiver is easier to replace either on our team or in the draft ? <FONT color=#0000ff>No. Smith has already proven to be a VERY good clutch reciever. Clutch recievers are NOT easy to replace</FONT>.
The fact is Hixon is more valuable to the Giants than Smith ? <FONT color=#0000ff>No. Hixon is a great returner, but he is not a #1 in anyone's book.
</FONT>
If you answered Yes to all the questions then you have your facts. I<FONT color=#0000ff> answered "yes" to 2 of them.What does that make the other 2?

</FONT>

GiantFanInSJ
04-19-2009, 02:24 PM

The fact is we need an experienced #1 receiver. ?<FONT color=#0000ff> NO</FONT>
The fact is Edwards is better than Smith ? <FONT color=#0000ff>NO</FONT>
The fact is a #2 receiver is easier to replace either on our team or in the draft ? <FONT color=#0000ff>NO</FONT>
The fact is Hixon is more valuable to the Giants than Smith ? <FONT color=#0000ff>NO</FONT>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>IMO</FONT></P>

FBomb
Exactly my point. The Giants would rather Hixon be our #3 WR and return punts and kickoffs than be our everyday # 1 and 2. He is weapon on Special teams and we need to utilize the weapon. So, that is why we need to trade for Edwards and draft Britt and Robenskie.
</P>

We DO need to trade for Edwards. I've been on that train since it left the station. Just NOT Smith. </P>

lilredk
I think that people dont know that we need two recievers.....No one has at least talked about Toomers decision and who wont be back...Yes we need a #1...Thats been determined by 100's of posts...Then we need that solid #2,and right now Smith gives us that and will probably be taken out of the slot to become that...
We can always draft a return specialist and in one of the mocks has the Giants taking one in the later rounds,while surprisingly ,Ware has returned a few kicks with some success......This makes Hixon expendable.....Manningham will probably get the slot and the importance there would be his YAC......
So that why I believe Smith will not be or should be used in the trade.....Heck, with Edwards, we have an unproven commodity with good experience and bad due to his last season and I've also learned that Bolden may have a reacurring hip problem which may cut his career......Smith is an important commodity and he's proven himself.....

FBomb
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
</P>

The problem I have with your opinion is how you present it and challange everyone elses opinion with <FONT size=5>moronic arguements such as "you know nothing about football".</FONT> I know you don't see it, but it makes you look stupid. It's a rather sophomoric stradegy. Presenting facts to back your opinion is a better way to go.</P>

</P>

What? I love that argument -- it's one of the most entertaining on the MB's (followed closely by the argument that Moss caught every ball thrown to him last year). I had some dummy on another thread state that Mike Fladell (a free agent OL from Rutgers) was "a top 20 OT," and when I disagreed he accused me of not watching games closely enough (Fladell hasnever been in a game nor will he) and not doing enough research. Really, you can't make up this stuff . . . .</P>

The funniest thing is that it is always the people that know the least about football that make that argument.</P>

</P>

I didn't say it wasn't entertaining. Hell, pointing out moronic arguements is the most fun I have on this board!!!</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
<table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="thd2"><td title="Player Name">MORE FACTS for you.

</td>

<td title="Receptions">
Rec
</td>

<td title="Receiving Yards">
Yds
</td>

<td title="Yards/Reception">
Yds/Rec
</td>

<td title="Longest Reception">
Long
</td>

<td title="Receiving Touchdowns">
TD
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
<a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI725035_1";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI725035">
Steve Smith
</a>
</td>

<td>57</td>

<td>574</td>

<td>10.1</td>

<td>30</td>

<td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="tbdy1"><td><a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619_2";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619">Domenik Hixon
</a>
</td>

<td>43</td>

<td>596</td>

<td>13.9</td>

<td>41</td>

<td>2</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="thd1 NYGcolors"><td colspan="6">Punt Return Statistics
</td>
</tr>
<tr class="thd2">

<td title="Player Name">
Player
</td>

<td title="Punt Returns">
Returns
</td>

<td title="Fair Catches">
FC
</td>

<td title="Yards/Return">
Yds/Ret
</td>

<td title="Longest Punt Return">
Long
</td>

<td title="Punt Return Touchdowns">
TD
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
<a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619_3";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619">
Domenik Hixon
</a>
</td>

<td>24</td>

<td>9</td>

<td>10.1</td>

<td>50</td>

<td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="thd1 NYGcolors"><td colspan="6">Kick Return Statistics
</td>
</tr>
<tr class="thd2">

<td title="Player Name">
Player
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Returns">
Returns
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Return Yards">
Yds
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Yards/Return">
Yds/Ret
</td>

<td title="Longest Kickoff Return">
Long
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Return Touchdowns">
TD
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
<a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619_4";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619">
Domenik Hixon
</a>
</td>

<td>3</td>

<td>180</td>

<td>60.0</td>

<td>83</td>

Domenik Hixon (http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619) had kickoff returns of 83 and 68 yards and caught six passes for 57 in one game for a total of 208 total yards. Ummm is that not a weapon ? Can Smith do that ? Do not get me wrong Smith is a consistent possession receiver and I do not want to lose him but he is no way a better all around player than Smith, Every team in the NFL would love to have Hixon as he does so much. Oh by the way he is the gunner on punts and kickoffs as well . Clearly Hixon is way too much more valuable than Smith.
Hopefully you will see why question 4 is wrong and you failed the test.

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
<table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="thd2"><td title="Player Name">MORE FACTS for you.

</td>

<td title="Receptions">
Rec
</td>

<td title="Receiving Yards">
Yds
</td>

<td title="Yards/Reception">
Yds/Rec
</td>

<td title="Longest Reception">
Long
</td>

<td title="Receiving Touchdowns">
TD
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
<a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI725035_1";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI725035">
Steve Smith
</a>
</td>

<td>57</td>

<td>574</td>

<td>10.1</td>

<td>30</td>

<td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="tbdy1"><td><a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619_2";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619">Domenik Hixon
</a>
</td>

<td>43</td>

<td>596</td>

<td>13.9</td>

<td>41</td>

<td>2</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="thd1 NYGcolors"><td colspan="6">Punt Return Statistics
</td>
</tr>
<tr class="thd2">

<td title="Player Name">
Player
</td>

<td title="Punt Returns">
Returns
</td>

<td title="Fair Catches">
FC
</td>

<td title="Yards/Return">
Yds/Ret
</td>

<td title="Longest Punt Return">
Long
</td>

<td title="Punt Return Touchdowns">
TD
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
<a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619_3";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619">
Domenik Hixon
</a>
</td>

<td>24</td>

<td>9</td>

<td>10.1</td>

<td>50</td>

<table class="data-table1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="thd1 NYGcolors"><td colspan="6">Kick Return Statistics
</td>
</tr>
<tr class="thd2">

<td title="Player Name">
Player
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Returns">
Returns
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Return Yards">
Yds
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Yards/Return">
Yds/Ret
</td>

<td title="Longest Kickoff Return">
Long
</td>

<td title="Kickoff Return Touchdowns">
TD
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

<td>
</td>

</tr>

<tr class="tbdy1">

<td>
<a onclick='s_objectID="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619_4";return this.s_oc?this.s_oc(e):true' href="http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619">
Domenik Hixon
</a>
</td>

<td>3</td>

<td>180</td>

<td>60.0</td>

<td>83</td>

Domenik Hixon (http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619) had kickoff returns of 83 and 68 yards and caught six passes for 57 in one game for a total of 208 total yards. Ummm is that not a weapon ? Can Smith do that ? Do not get me wrong Smith is a consistent possession receiver and I do not want to lose him but he is no way a better all around player than Hixon. Every team in the NFL would love to have Hixon as he does so much. Oh by the way he is the gunner on punts and kickoffs as well . Clearly Hixon is way too much more valuable than Smith.

FBomb
04-19-2009, 02:42 PM
<TABLE class=data-table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR class=thd2>
<TD title="Player Name">MORE FACTS for you.

</TD>
<TD title=Receptions>Rec </TD>
<TD title="Receiving Yards">Yds </TD>
<TD title=Yards/Reception>Yds/Rec </TD>
<TD title="Longest Reception">Long </TD>
<TD title="Receiving Touchdowns">TD </TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>Steve Smith (http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI725035)</TD>
<TD>57</TD>
<TD>574</TD>
<TD>10.1</TD>
<TD>30</TD>
<TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TBODY>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>Domenik Hixon (http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619)</TD>
<TD>43</TD>
<TD>596</TD>
<TD>13.9</TD>
<TD>41</TD>
<TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR class="thd1 NYGcolors">
<TD colSpan=6>Punt Return Statistics </TD></TR>
<TR class=thd2>
<TD title="Player Name">Player </TD>
<TD title="Punt Returns">Returns </TD>
<TD title="Fair Catches">FC </TD>
<TD title=Yards/Return>Yds/Ret </TD>
<TD title="Longest Punt Return">Long </TD>
<TD title="Punt Return Touchdowns">TD </TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>Domenik Hixon (http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619)</TD>
<TD>24</TD>
<TD>9</TD>
<TD>10.1</TD>
<TD>50</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TBODY>
<TD colSpan=6>Kick Return Statistics </TD></TR>
<TR class=thd2>
<TD title="Kickoff Returns">Returns </TD>
<TD title="Kickoff Return Yards">Yds </TD>
<TD title="Kickoff Yards/Return">Yds/Ret </TD>
<TD title="Longest Kickoff Return">Long </TD>
<TD title="Kickoff Return Touchdowns">TD </TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>180</TD>
<TD>60.0</TD>
<TD>83</TD>

Domenik Hixon (http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619) had kickoff returns of 83 and 68 yards and caught six passes for 57 in one game for a total of 208 total yards. Ummm is that not a weapon ? Can Smith do that ? Do not get me wrong Smith is a consistent possession receiver and I do not want to lose him but he is no way a better all around player than Smith, Every team in the NFL would love to have Hixon as he does so much. Oh by the way he is the gunner on punts and kickoffs as well . Clearly Hixon is way too much more valuable than Smith.
</P>

</P>

Yes..........clearly. That's why Cleveland wanted Smith in the trade instead of Hixon. </P>

Return specialists and gunners are EXTREMELY easier to replace than a proven clutch reciever. </P>

The only one who has failed here is YOU and convincing others that your idea is a good one. It isn't.</P>

</P>

PS.........And you're STILL being confrontational with your OPINIONS!!! THAT is what makes your arguements dumb. You can be wrong without being stupid. You should try it.</P>

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2009, 02:43 PM
<TBODY>
<TR class=thd2>
<TD title="Player Name">MORE FACTS for you.

</TD>
<TD title=Receptions>Rec </TD>
<TD title="Receiving Yards">Yds </TD>
<TD title=Yards/Reception>Yds/Rec </TD>
<TD title="Longest Reception">Long </TD>
<TD title="Receiving Touchdowns">TD </TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>Steve Smith (http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI725035)</TD>
<TD>57</TD>
<TD>574</TD>
<TD>10.1</TD>
<TD>30</TD>
<TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TBODY>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>43</TD>
<TD>596</TD>
<TD>13.9</TD>
<TD>41</TD>
<TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TD colSpan=6>Punt Return Statistics </TD></TR>
<TR class=thd2>
<TD title="Punt Returns">Returns </TD>
<TD title="Fair Catches">FC </TD>
<TD title=Yards/Return>Yds/Ret </TD>
<TD title="Longest Punt Return">Long </TD>
<TD title="Punt Return Touchdowns">TD </TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>24</TD>
<TD>9</TD>
<TD>10.1</TD>
<TD>50</TD>

<TBODY>
<TD colSpan=6>Kick Return Statistics </TD></TR>
<TR class=thd2>
<TD title="Kickoff Returns">Returns </TD>
<TD title="Kickoff Return Yards">Yds </TD>
<TD title="Kickoff Yards/Return">Yds/Ret </TD>
<TD title="Longest Kickoff Return">Long </TD>
<TD title="Kickoff Return Touchdowns">TD </TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>180</TD>
<TD>60.0</TD>
<TD>83</TD>

Domenik Hixon (http://www.nfl.com/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619) had kickoff returns of 83 and 68 yards and caught six passes for 57 in one game for a total of 208 total yards. Ummm is that not a weapon ? Can Smith do that ? Do not get me wrong Smith is a consistent possession receiver and I do not want to lose him but he is no way a better all around player than Hixon. <FONT size=5>Every team in the NFL would love to have Hixon </FONT>as he does so much. Oh by the way he is the gunner on punts and kickoffs as well . Clearly Hixon is way too much more valuable than Smith.
</P>

Except the Broncos, right?</P>

Blue Candy O
04-19-2009, 03:11 PM
I say package up a deal to trade Smith a #2 and 5 for Braylon. Thats right Steve Smith. I would rather keep Hixon who is more valuable than Steve Smith due too him being a Pro Bowl type return man. The truth is guys we are wasting him by playing WR every down. He needs to return punts and kickoffs and be on special teams as well as a third down receiver as well as coming in on 3 or 4 side packages. He is the best in the league right now on returning kicks and we are wasting him every down at WR. Besides this gives Moss some reps. I say if Cleveland wants Smith so be it as we need to trade someone good to get a #1 receiver.
After spending some time looking at all the WR in this draft and where the Giants pick at #1 and there 2 #2 picks they can end up drafting Kenny Britt at 29 and Robinskie with their other second round pick. These guys clearer are #1 and #2 type big time receivers in the making. Check out the Daily news article today on Kenny Britt. The dude can play.

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robinskie
Britt http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/04/19/2009-04-19_meet_mister_.html
</P>

This is the second and hopefully last trade Steve Smith thread that has been trashed in the last 24 hours. Smith is becoming one of thebetter thirddown converting wideouts in the entire league. Why on earth would we trade prime draft picks along with a prime receiver to procure a player that has some baggage, and wants a huge contract that his recent performances have not justified? Don't get me wrong, Edwards could very well be a valuable pick up, but the Giant's have one of the better front offices in the NFL, andthere is no way that they will compromise the organization by overpaying for a player. </P>

ross_stephen
04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
I think that people dont know that we need two recievers.....No one has at least talked about Toomers decision and who wont be back...Yes we need a #1...Thats been determined by 100's of posts...Then we need that solid #2,and right now Smith gives us that and will probably be taken out of the slot to become that...
We can always draft a return specialist and in one of the mocks has the Giants taking one in the later rounds,while surprisingly ,Ware has returned a few kicks with some success......This makes Hixon expendable.....Manningham will probably get the slot and the importance there would be his YAC......
So that why I believe Smith will not be or should be used in the trade.....Heck, with Edwards, we have an unproven commodity with good experience and bad due to his last season and I've also learned that Bolden may have a reacurring hip problem which may cut his career......Smith is an important commodity and he's proven himself.....
</P>

I always TRY to read a full thread before I reply. The entire time in this one I was thinking "A Return guy like Willie Ponder can be found froma small school in the 6th round". Of the 10 picks we (currently) have this draft, surely the one place we can actually use a player would be a ST Deamon who can return kicks. We've shown a history of drafting ST players - David Tyree, I'm looking at you buddy. You wern't drafted for your hands, but rather your ability to catch Jeff Feagles's punts inside the 2. I bet someone could do a search in the Div 1 and Div 2 schools, find the guy with the best return average, and write him in as the Giants 6th round pick. </P>

Do it in Pen.</P>

</P>

</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 04:27 PM
How many proven return men are there in the league like Hixon ? Exceptional return men like Hixon are not easy to find. That is why they are named special teams player. If you have a good one like we do then we need to utilize it to our advantage as they are more important then having an average #2 possession receiver. They are much easier to find.

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2009, 04:36 PM
How many proven return men are there in the league like Hixon ? Exceptional return men like Hixon are not easy to find. That is why they are named special teams player. If you have a good one like we do then we need to utilize it to our advantage as they are more important then having an average #2 possession receiver. They are much easier to find.
</P>

Um . . . we found Hixon on the trash heap after he was cut by the Broncos.</P>

ross_stephen
04-19-2009, 04:38 PM
</P>

Don't put Hixon too high on your pedestal. Why was he not returning kicks even when Plax was around? Why was Ruben Droughns returning them? Because TC would rather Ruben catches it and runs to the 30 (if he was lucky), than Hixon putting it on the ground. Keep in mind TC sees practice where it is possible Hixon fumbled every day. I have no idea WHY, but for some reason the head coach thought it was better to NOT have him returning. I was very frustrated with the lack of speed in the return game, but I trusted there was a darn good reason.</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 04:44 PM
You seem like the only one who understands my point which is you have to get give up something to get something and it may require giving up someone like Smith. What no one seems to understand is that there are so many teams in the NFL who would rather have a weapon like Hixon who can not only excel on special teams but play a very good WR. Hixon is much more talented than Smith and I would trade Smith with 2 draft picks to get a #1 if that is what it is going to take to make the deal.. Smith is easier to replace than Hixon and that is my only point which no one seems to get it but you. Thanks

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh really then you are saying TC knows nothing about football since the 208 total yards in week 12 against the Cardinals was a bad move putting Hixon in to return kickoffs ? Check the stats for that game and his avg. return average. What everyone does not realize is when Hixon is not returning kickoffs or punts our field position is drastically impacted. Look from the time we picked him up in '07 he has produced better than any othe retrun man since Dave Megget in the late 80's and ealry 90's. Please think about it the guy is a weapon which we are lucky to have and teh Giants would rather prefer using him more on speciall teams along with being our 3rd receiver as that is the best way we can utilize him.

Manning2Shock803
04-19-2009, 04:55 PM

The fact is we need an experienced #1 receiver. ? No
The fact is Edwards is better than Smith ? Yes
The fact is a #2 receiver is easier to replace either on our team or in the draft ? No
The fact is Hixon is more valuable to the Giants than Smith ? No

</P>

People wouldn't bash your posts so much if you stopped trying to pass your opinion off as fact. </P>

RoanokeFan
04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
</p>

Don't put Hixon too high on your pedestal. Why was he not returning kicks even when Plax was around? Why was Ruben Droughns returning them? Because TC would rather Ruben catches it and runs to the 30 (if he was lucky), than Hixon putting it on the ground. Keep in mind TC sees practice where it is possible Hixon fumbled every day. I have no idea WHY, but for some reason the head coach thought it was better to NOT have him returning. I was very frustrated with the lack of speed in the return game, but I trusted there was a darn good reason.</p>

When did Hixon put a kick off on the ground? He's got great hands and vision.

DMighty
04-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Giving my opinion before i read others..
Everyone wants to keep Steve Smith... yes i know , he is a valuable part of the offense...
oh wait, what offense, the same one that struggled the last few games and into the playoffs...
Personally, There is NO STEVE SMITH with PLAX.....
I would do Smith/2nd/5th in a heartbeart and draft Britt/Robinski with the 1st rd or even a OL
and WR in the 2nd

I would go to battle with

Braylon, Britt/Robinski , Hixon, Manningham over Hixon, Steve Smith, Britt/Robinski and Manningham

My Opinion

RoanokeFan
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
</p>

Um . . . we found Hixon on the trash heap after he was cut by the Broncos.</p>

See, now you just lost credibility/ Hixon was impacted by the hit in Buffalo resulting in the other guy being paralyzed. Reese had a talk with him and brought him in. He wasn't on the "trash heap" then and isn't now.

Bennyblancco
04-19-2009, 05:00 PM
</P>

Don't put Hixon too high on your pedestal. Why was he not returning kicks even when Plax was around? Why was Ruben Droughns returning them? Because TC would rather Ruben catches it and runs to the 30 (if he was lucky), than Hixon putting it on the ground. Keep in mind TC sees practice where it is possible Hixon fumbled every day. I have no idea WHY, but for some reason the head coach thought it was better to NOT have him returning. I was very frustrated with the lack of speed in the return game, but I trusted there was a darn good reason.</P>

</P>

Dude, I don't agree with your analysis. It's seems apparent to me that Coughlin would rather put </P>

Droughns to return kicks because he gets paid more than Hixon, and Hixon was becomming much </P>

more valuable at the WR position to risk injury on ST (btw, Droughns severely hurt his sholder on ST </P>

and was later IR'd). With that said, you have an amazing sig.</P>

Manning2Shock803
04-19-2009, 05:01 PM
And I usually don't care about typo's but it's annoying me. His name is Robiskie.

RoanokeFan
04-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Giving my opinion before i read others..
Everyone wants to keep Steve Smith... yes i know , he is a valuable part of the offense...
oh wait, what offense, the same one that struggled the last few games and into the playoffs...
Personally, There is NO STEVE SMITH with PLAX.....
I would do Smith/2nd/5th in a heartbeart and draft Britt/Robinski with the 1st rd or even a OL
and WR in the 2nd

I would go to battle with

Braylon, Britt/Robinski , Hixon, Manningham over Hixon, Steve Smith, Britt/Robinski and Manningham

My Opinion

Manningham? We aren't even sure he can get the playbook down.

FBomb
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM
You seem like the only one who understands my point which is you have to get give up something to get something and it may require giving up someone like Smith. What no one seems to understand is that there are so many teams in the NFL who would rather have a weapon like Hixon who can not only excel on special teams but play a very good WR. Hixon is much more talented than Smith and I would trade Smith with 2 draft picks to get a #1 if that is what it is going to take to make the deal.. Smith is easier to replace than Hixon and that is my only point which no one seems to get it but you. Thanks
</P>

Listen genius, EVERYONE understood your point. It's not like your opinion was one that was over people's heads. They (we) simply do not agree, period. </P>

Also, please show us where these NFL teams have stated that they perfer Hixon over Smith. You are agin trying to pass off your opinion as a fact, and it's laughable. So far Cleveland has expressed a desire for Smith and passed on Hixon in trade rumors.</P>

</P>

DMighty
04-19-2009, 05:21 PM
I will give you that, especially after the interview ... WOW
but the same can be said for Robiskie (hope i got the spelling right... Like we all dont know who we are referring too.) or Britt... High profile players coming out in the draft who we think highly of. Manningham was that same player at some point. Have to give him an opportunity.

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Thank you for the genius comment. My job is done as you have realized who is the genius. I appreciate you finally realizing who is the genius.

YATittle1962
04-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Thank you for the genious comment. My job is done as you have realized who is the genious. I appreciate you finally realizing who is the genious.

<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading">Genius</h1>

A genius is an individual who successfully applies a
previously unknown technique in the production of a work of art,
science or calculation, or who masters and personalizes a known
technique. A genius typically possesses great intelligence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence)
or remarkable abilities in a specific subject, or shows an exceptional
natural capacity of intellect and/or ability, especially in the
production of creative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative)
and original work, something that has never been seen or evaluated
previously. Traits often associated with genius include strong individuality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individuality), imagination (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagination), uniqueness, and innovative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innovative) drive<sup class="noprint Template-Fact"><span title="This claim needs references to reliable sourcessince January 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]</span></sup>.</p>

The term may be applied to someone who is considered gifted in many subjects (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymath)<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference"><span>[</span>1<span>]</span> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius#cite_note-0)</sup> or in one subject.</p>

Although the term "genius" is sometimes used to denote the
possession of a superior talent in any field, e.g. a particular sport
or statesmanship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statesman),
it has traditionally been understood to denote an exceptional natural
capacity of intellect and creative originality in areas of art,
literature, philosophy, music, language, science and mathematics.</p>

<div id="toctitle">
<h2>Contents</h2>
<span class="toctoggle">[hide (javascript:toggleToc())]</span></div>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Dr.,

Did not know we have an English Professor on our board. Seriously, can you please proof my English paper it is due tommorrow. Thanks

FBomb
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Dr.,

Did not know we have an English Professor on our board. Seriously, can you please proof my English paper it is due tommorrow. Thanks
</P>

It's called irony, **** nut. Refering to yourself as a genius and not spelling it correctly is irony. Not spelling it right AFTER it was already spelled for you previously is SADLY ironic.</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 06:23 PM
I just continue to prove your point over and over again which is I am a genius! You do not have to show me by your actions I already know I am thanks to you. Appreciate all the wonderful thinks you have to say about me. You are really a great guy.

bandwgn86
04-19-2009, 06:25 PM
i got a 2 birds with 1 stone idea....get Mr Eight-five from CIN he wouldn't require us to trade a player...we geta #1 WR and threads like this disappear..its perfect..can't go wrong. lol

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Wow. you are smarter than me. You are the real genius.

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 06:44 PM
You and I think alike! Great reply ! Right on ! I would laugh my head off if Reese makes this trade and drafts Britt and Robiskie.

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks !

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2009, 07:07 PM
</P>

Um . . . we found Hixon on the trash heap after he was cut by the Broncos.</P>

See, now you just lost credibility/ Hixon was impacted by the hit in Buffalo resulting in the other guy being paralyzed. Reese had a talk with him and brought him in. He wasn't on the "trash heap" then and isn't now.
</P>

He was cut by the Broncos because he wasn't performing. He was signed by the Giants 1 1/2 days later. Are you suggesting that the Everett play was the sole reason for his poor play, and that Reese cured him of the effects of that in 1 1/2 days with a little talk? C'mon, now you've lost credibility.</P>

</P>

</P>

bandwgn86
04-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Dr.,

</P>

It's called irony, **** nut. Refering to yourself as a genius and not spelling it correctly is irony. Not spelling it right AFTER it was already spelled for you previously is SADLY ironic.</P>

</P>

lol..you bring out the best in these weirdo's..</P>

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2009, 07:09 PM
You and I think alike! Great reply ! Right on ! I would laugh my head off if Reese makes this trade and drafts Britt and Robiskie.
</P>

So would the entire NFL.</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Include Smith in a deal? Get the OP some oxygen!

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Right on. It is amazing to me the fly by the handle comments which are made by this board without any real thought behind them . Now you see what I have been deal in with on this post. Good reply back. Trust me these guys will stop after they realize someone has their number.

nygsb42champs
04-19-2009, 07:16 PM
<FONT face=Tahoma color=#0000ff size=4>We arenot going to include Smith in any packages, that you can be sure of.</FONT>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
That may be true which means we will not get Edwards. You see everyone on this board thinks we will get Edwards for only a 2 and 5 or a 1, 3 and 5. Well if the Cowgirls traded for Roy Williams and gave up a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '10 then we might as well give Cleveland all our 10 picks for Edwards. You see that is why we will have to trade a wideout in the package as the Browns are not that stupid.. If you are correct we will end up drafting Britt and Robiskie and possibly sign Holt. No one sees that we have no experience vet at the 1 or 2 position. The guys we have only get single coverage and depending on the team and the corners they are going up against they cannot get open.

GMENAGAIN
04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Right on. It is amazing to me the fly by the handle comments which are made by this board without any real thought behind them . Now you see what I have been deal in with on this post. Good reply back. Trust me these guys will stop after they realize someone has their number.
</P>

Funny that you don't even question your opinion when: (1) The Giants and JR obviously don't agree with you (according to reports, the deal would be done already if they offered Smith, so they are obviously not willing to do that); (2) The Browns don't agree with you (they reportedly want Smith, not Hixon) and (2) 99% of the people on this MB (100% of the sane people) disagree with you. Instead, you think that you are a genius and everyone else is stupid. I wish I had your self-confidence, bro.</P>

</P>

bandwgn86
04-19-2009, 07:31 PM
</P>

Funny that you don't even question your opinion when: (1) The Giants and JR obviously don't agree with you (according to reports, the deal would be done already if they offered Smith, so they are obviously not willing to do that); (2) The Browns don't agree with you (they reportedly want Smith, not Hixon) and (2) 99% of the people on this MB (100% of the sane people) disagree with you. Instead, you think that you are a genius and everyone else is stupid. I wish I had your self-confidence, bro.</P>

</P>

</P>

i'm trying to follow his comments..i think he was answering his own posts..and i thought bb62 was looney..lol... joking 62...</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 07:32 PM
First off I never said I was a genius but I do have self confidence. I am not a follower but a leader. And some of the people on this post do agree with me.
Bottom line is we will soon see next week or shortly after the draft the stance the Giants will take. One thing which is certain is that we will not select 10 players as there are just not enough slots on the team for all of them to make. We only have maybe 5 slots available. We will definetly trade some of those picks.

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Me too

listenup
04-19-2009, 07:51 PM

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robiskie
<FONT color=#ff0000>Bout time someone posted this.What were we thinking not sending Smith over in the deal?I hope the offer will still stand come draft day.Shame on u reese i sence ur slippin with this bone head decision.</FONT>

listenup
04-19-2009, 07:54 PM

Me too
I was tempted myself but i didjust to see how delirious it got.

napier23
04-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I know, one of our alltime greats Amani Toomer is gone, we have an almost perfect replacement to him in Smith already on our team, how bout we trade him... . thats the plan, we can hold onto our one dimensional wr cause hes good at returning punts. Eventhough nobody stays on top of the return game long, who needs a wr that can give you 10+ solid yrs. Great plan, Jerry Reese watch out.. . KILL ME NOW!

FBomb
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
First off I never said I was a genius but I do have self confidence. I am not a follower but a leader. And some of the people on this post do agree with me.
Bottom line is we will soon see next week or shortly after the draft the stance the Giants will take. One thing which is certain is that we will not select 10 players as there are just not enough slots on the team for all of them to make. We only have maybe 5 slots available. We will definetly trade some of those picks.

</P>

And Smith will STILL be a Giant.</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey Dude,

Check the stats http://www.giants.com/team/giants_stats.html and compare Smith vs. Hixon and you tell me who is more valuable. Besides would you rather have Hixon and Edwards or Smith and Edwards ?? If yo chose the later then tell me where will we find someone who will replace Hixon's production in the entire NFL for Kicks off and punt returning? We have been trying for years to find someone on kickoffs and punt returning who can make a difference and now you want to trade for him. Dude, do you know what one of the most important advantages is for a great running attack is field position and you can get that with a great kickoff and punt returner. An this thing about great special teams players losing it after a while makes no sense. Are you just looking for reasons to convince yourself because you have no facts justifying my case. Check out week 12 game stats for Hixon against the Cardinals and tell me does Smith have the same skill to amass 208 total yards and win a game single handely? Hixon is a game breaker. Smith is a good possession receiver. Both the same age one just more versitale. Please do not tell me Smith is better after seeing the stats. You have guy who can play #1 WR, Kickoff and Punt Returner and gunner and he is not more valuable than a #2 possession receiver ??? Come on.

Manamal
04-19-2009, 10:03 PM
The Browns are looking for more draft picks. Edwards is a player they can get value with, I am surprised they got a 2nd for Winslow who has bad knees and can not block, is a me me type of player who runs the routes that he decides to run and not the ones that was called. Edwards wants out of Cleveland, He is very delusional thinking the fans don't like him because he is from Michigan. We don't care. I lived in Cleveland all my life. The Browns and the Giants have been and still is my favorite teams. I know more about the Browns situation because I am a season ticket holder there. It has been very frustrating I hope Mangini can turn things around for once in for all. Last years Monday Night game against the Giants was the best I have seen the Browns play since they came back. They played well in all asppects of that game. Which they had to do to beat the defending Superbowl Champs. So I know what the Browns are capable of doing if coached right. Well anyways, We rebuilding and need of draft picks. I think the Giants are being used to get the anty up, there are other teams envolved in trying to get Edwards. Bolden looks like he is going to Baltimore. I am new to these boards. I would liike to reply in general.</P>

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"></FONT></P>

JPizzack
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
ugh, I'm so sick of people claiming Hixon is better than Smith.....I'm gonna leave it at that.

FBomb
04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey Dude,

Check the stats http://www.giants.com/team/giants_stats.html and compare Smith vs. Hixon and you tell me who is more valuable. Besides would you rather have Hixon and Edwards or Smith and Edwards ?? If yo chose the later then tell me where will we find someone who will replace Hixon's production in the entire NFL for Kicks off and punt returning? We have been trying for years to find someone on kickoffs and punt returning who can make a difference and now you want to trade for him. Dude, do you know what one of the most important advantages is for a great running attack is field position and you can get that with a great kickoff and punt returner. An this thing about great special teams players losing it after a while makes no sense. Are you just looking for reasons to convince yourself because you have no facts justifying my case. Check out week 12 game stats for Hixon against the Cardinals and tell me does Smith have the same skill to amass 208 total yards and win a game single handely? Hixon is a game breaker. Smith is a good possession receiver. Both the same age one just more versitale. Please do not tell me Smith is better after seeing the stats. You have guy who can play #1 WR, Kickoff and Punt Returner and gunner and he is not more valuable than a #2 possession receiver ??? Come on.

</P>

And Smith will still be a Giant. </P>

napier23
04-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey Dude,

Check the stats http://www.giants.com/team/giants_stats.html and compare Smith vs. Hixon and you tell me who is more valuable. Besides would you rather have Hixon and Edwards or Smith and Edwards ??<FONT color=#ff0000> If yo chose the later</FONT> then tell me where will we find someone who will replace Hixon's production in the entire NFL for Kicks off and punt returning? We have been trying for years to find someone on kickoffs and punt returning who can make a difference and now you want to trade for him. Dude, do you know what one of the most important advantages is for a great running attack is field position and you can get that with a great kickoff and punt returner. An this thing about great special teams players losing it after a while makes no sense. Are you just looking for reasons to convince yourself because you have no facts justifying my case. Check out week 12 game stats for Hixon against the Cardinals and tell me does Smith have the same skill to amass 208 total yards and win a game single handely? Hixon is a game breaker. Smith is a good possession receiver. Both the same age one just more versitale. Please do not tell me Smith is better after seeing the stats. You have guy who can play #1 WR, Kickoff and Punt Returner and gunner and he is not more valuable than a #2 possession receiver ??? Come on. </P>

I'll take the later!</P>

How many stupid, thats right stupid post's are we gonna have about the Hixon - Smith debate, I cant post in all of them so Ill say this once. With Toomer and Plax gone, Smith is untradeable! Yes I also like Hixon, but the only reason we needed him is cause plax is gone. If Braylon is here we dont need two recievers of that mold on the field. Braylon is the 1, Smith has great hands and will replace Amani as the 2 (we are lucky we have a replacement for him) as far as the slot, let Moss and Manningham fight it out. Boss at TE, and Bradshaw and Jacobs in the backfield. This gives us the most formidable offense. These working parts fit the offensive scheme best. We can find someone to return punts and kicks easier than we can find a Smith - Toomer type reciever. Nobody stays on top of the return game long, and for that reason you cant give a guy like Smith up that can be a solid reciever for 10+ yrs. Anyone know what Dante Hall is doing now, Willie Ponder, the list goes on.. .

</P>

jomo
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robiskie
My prediction is that Edwards will come here for the 2 and 5 we received for Shockey and nothing else. We'll see who is right.

Morehead State
04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Extend Hixon's #'s in his starts to 16 games and he's a 1000 yard, 80 catch reciever. Steve Smith is a nice player but he was exceeded by Hixon and Hixon was a starter for less than half the season.</P>

Hixon (right now) is the best reciever on the team. His PRODUCTION supports that. Hixon did drop a big pass in the first Philly loss, Smith dropped a key 4th down pass in the playoff game that could have changed the outcome. These are very anecdotal, but everyone refers to Hixons drop as the turning point for him. Everybody loved him before that.</P>

Hixon catches the ball in traffic better than anyone on the team as well. He may not be a "#1", whatever that really is, but he's a good player with a bright future.</P>

Don't trade Hixon. I don't want Smith traded either. If we get Braylon it better be for draft picks only. We have plenty of them.</P>

ibleedblue85
04-19-2009, 10:54 PM
trade smith?? just that idea makes my stomach hurt.

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Extend Hixon's #'s in his starts to 16 games and he's a 1000 yard, 80 catch reciever. Steve Smith is a nice player but he was exceeded by Hixon and Hixon was a starter for less than half the season.</p>

Hixon (right now) is the best reciever on the team. His PRODUCTION supports that. Hixon did drop a big pass in the first Philly loss, Smith dropped a key 4th down pass in the playoff game that could have changed the outcome. These are very anecdotal, but everyone refers to Hixons drop as the turning point for him. Everybody loved him before that.</p>

Hixon catches the ball in traffic better than anyone on the team as well. He may not be a "#1", whatever that really is, but he's a good player with a bright future.</p>

Don't trade Hixon. I don't want Smith traded either. If we get Braylon it better be for draft picks only. We have plenty of them.</p>

Exactly. Not only that, but we lost two receivers this offseason. It doesn't make sense to get rid of one while adding another one. I hate the idea of addition by subtraction.

blueomaha
04-19-2009, 11:24 PM
it doesn't matter who we get...if the wr we have don't step up their game, it's back to square one............................................sta y blue

Gigantohr
04-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Well there is no shortage of passion about this issue.

My 2 cents

Right now the Giants are a playoff team, maybe a division winner. But I don't think they have the horses at WR to win the Super Bowl. That should be the focus of this discussion. I don't think there is any rookie WR that will get us there, unless Crabtree comes to town (not happening).

I believe a #1 WR is needed, be it BE, AB, or even 85. Who they get and how, I will leave up to JR and the rest of the Giants brain trust. I believe the team has good but not great recievers, so something needs to be done. I believe this is just a waiting period and that something will get done, probably close to or on draft day.

I dont believe more than a 2 and a 3 will be offered. I think Smith is here to stay, but that any of the others are available. The Boyz paid a ridiculously high price for Williams, so there is no chance JR give up that much. JR feels like he has some leverage with both AB and BE available. He may also surprise us and go in another direction, like trading up for a study linebacker or safety.

I trust our management, and dont be surprised if nothing dramatic is done. The Giants have done very well drafting. That said if we just draft, I would love to see them get:

Nicks/Bey/Britt/Robsky
Sintim/Cushing/Mathews
Delmas

Lets have some faith and patience and let the professionals do what they do.

Manning2Shock803
04-20-2009, 12:45 AM

My 2 cents

Right now the Giants are a playoff team, maybe a division winner. But I don't think they have the horses at WR to win the Super Bowl. That should be the focus of this discussion. I don't think there is any rookie WR that will get us there, unless Crabtree comes to town (not happening).

I believe a #1 WR is needed, be it BE, AB, or even 85. Who they get and how, I will leave up to JR and the rest of the Giants brain trust. I believe the team has good but not great recievers, so something needs to be done. I believe this is just a waiting period and that something will get done, probably close to or on draft day.

I dont believe more than a 2 and a 3 will be offered. I think Smith is here to stay, but that any of the others are available. The Boyz paid a ridiculously high price for Williams, so there is no chance JR give up that much. JR feels like he has some leverage with both AB and BE available. He may also surprise us and go in another direction, like trading up for a study linebacker or safety.

I trust our management, and dont be surprised if nothing dramatic is done. The Giants have done very well drafting. That said if we just draft, I would love to see them get:

Nicks/Bey/Britt/Robsky
Sintim/Cushing/Mathews
Delmas

</P>

In my opinion, this team doesn't need anything else to win the SB this year. The Steelers won it with Holmes as their best receiver. </P>

Our run game and defense make it so that we don't need a WR that puts up eye popping stats. Just because WR is not one of our strengths, doesn't mean it's a weakness.</P>

Morehead State
04-20-2009, 09:29 AM

My 2 cents

Nicks/Bey/Britt/Robsky
Sintim/Cushing/Mathews
Delmas

</P>

Well we lost two starting WR's from last year. So yes, WR needs to be dealt with by either FA, the draft or by trade. I'm really OK with that. But this notion that "if only we had a big time WR, we area superbowl team" is silly. Please note the first shortcoming addressed by JR was defense, and rightly so. Our lack of depth on the D line wore out our pass rush until it was basically non-existent by the end of the season. He also knew that our inability to cover underneath to prevent 3rd down conversions was another huge hole. These were dealt with FIRST by JR for a reason.</P>

NYG_inul
04-20-2009, 09:32 AM

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robiskie

its somewhat tempting, but him being our leading receiver.... id be happy to get rid of manningham 2,5 for edwards

Morehead State
04-20-2009, 09:33 AM

My 2 cents

Nicks/Bey/Britt/Robsky
Sintim/Cushing/Mathews
Delmas

</P>

In my opinion, this team doesn't need anything else to win the SB this year. The Steelers won it with Holmes as their best receiver. </P>

Our run game and defense make it so that we don't need a WR that puts up eye popping stats. Just because WR is not one of our strengths, doesn't mean it's a weakness.</P>

</P>

NO NO, don't you see....<FONT color=#ff0000> If we had a #1 reciever the skies will clear, the seas will part, the very hand of God will reach down and anoint the New York Football Giants as invincible. Eli will make better decisions, the pass rush will be unstoppable, our DB's will have hands of glue, the wind will cease to blow at Giants Stadium.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>WE will be the chosen team. If only we had a big time WR.......If only.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000></FONT></P>

Gigantohr
04-20-2009, 11:49 AM

My 2 cents

Nicks/Bey/Britt/Robsky
Sintim/Cushing/Mathews
Delmas

</p>

In my opinion, this team doesn't need anything else to win the SB this year. The Steelers won it with Holmes as their best receiver. </p>

Our run game and defense make it so that we don't need a WR that puts up eye popping stats. Just because WR is not one of our strengths, doesn't mean it's a weakness.</p>

</p>

NO NO, don't you see....<font color="#ff0000"> If we had a #1 reciever the skies will clear, the seas will part, the very hand of God will reach down and anoint the New York Football Giants as invincible. Eli will make better decisions, the pass rush will be unstoppable, our DB's will have hands of glue, the wind will cease to blow at Giants Stadium.</font></p>

<font color="#ff0000">WE will be the chosen team. If only we had a big time WR.......If only.</font></p>

<font color="#ff0000"></font></p>

GMENAGAIN
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robiskie

its somewhat tempting, but him being our leading receiver.... id be happy to get rid of manningham 2,5 for edwards
</P>

I think IMHOthat if it gets done, it'll be for the Shockey picks (2 and a 5), plus some sort of conditional pick next year that will get no higher than a 3 if Braylon comes here and is lights out. I don't think players will be involved and I don't think that JR will give up a 1 and a 3 this year.</P>

ross_stephen
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
</P>

When did Hixon put a kick off on the ground? He's got great hands and vision.
</P>

I've never seen him drop one in a game situation. That is why I said "....practice, where it is possible he fumbled everyday. I don't know why, but TC must have a reason...."</P>

I doubt it was due to money either. </P>

GABMAC1
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I havent posted in a long time, but i think it is funny how it is debated on hereabout who we should give up and who we should get and this guy isnt right for our offense and this guy is better than that guy. Let me ask a question please. Would you be happy with what we have or not, and if not who would you be willing to give up to get what you want.? The fact is everyone that is a fan doesnt want to see the guys we have go, yet we always want better than what we have. Giving up Smith would suck, but is he really that good. and Hixon,( if he played for a different team). wouldnt even be an afterthought. Plus someone is going to have to go or else we wont have enough space on the team for all of them anyway.

GABMAC1
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM
And by the way, we have hixon, smith, moss, manningham, tyree, and whoever we bring in, so who exactly is going to sit out the whole time. tyree and moss right, okay so that still means that hixon, smith, manningham, and whoever else have to have the ball spread to all of them, ya okay, cause we are really a 4 wr spread offense.

Napstew
04-20-2009, 04:16 PM
smh @ the thought of anyone thinking the giants should trade steve smith.

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Right on ! The facts do not lie. I am glad someone replies back with facts to justify their case. I thought it was me and everyone ignores it. But the stats do not lie.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 08:16 PM

Stats NEVER tell the whole story. Ever.</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Hope so. Hope Reese can pull it off but you never know. If we have to get ride of one of our receivers and if it is Smith to get Edwards I would not be as upset if we gave up Hixon as he is STILL more valuable.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Hope so. Hope Reese can pull it off but you never know. If we have to get ride of one of our receivers and if it is Smith to get Edwards I would not be as upset if we gave up Hixon as he is STILL more valuable.
</P>

I don't think either one is going anywhere, and I'll just leave it at that. Your mancrush is disturbing.[;)]</P>

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
If the Giants make a trade for Braylon, JR is probably gonna make it be a picks only deal. He is very high on our WR, and Hixon and Smith did well last year. He doesn't want to see them go. I highly doubt players will be dealt in a probable trade

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I know trading a #2 possession receiver to only get a #1 stud receiver is mind boggling! Unthinkable! What on earth are we all insane ! Lost our minds ! Now if we traded one of our practice squad wideouts, bag of footballs, Gilbride, cones and the waterboy for Edwards I do not see how the Browns would not bite at that deal. Have we all lost our freakin minds ! The browns are a professional organization with skilled scouts and GM who are paid real good money to make deals to better their organization. Do you really beleive we can get Edwards for nothing ? If we had to give up Smith to get Edwards you do it in a second. Smith is replacable with Hixon who is more valuable. Just check the stats they do not lie.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I know trading a #2 possession receiver to only get a #1 stud receiver is mind boggling! Unthinkable! What on earth are we all insane ! Lost our minds ! Now if we traded one of our practice squad wideouts, bag of footballs, Gilbride, cones and the waterboy for Edwards I do not see how the Browns would not bite at that deal. Have we all lost our freakin minds ! The browns are a professional organization with skilled scouts and GM's who are paid real good money to make deals to better their organization. Do you really beleive we can get Edwards for nothing ? If we had to give up Smith to get Edwards you do it in a second. Smith is replacable with Hixon who is more valuable. Just check the stats they do not lie.
</P>

NY_Eli
I know trading a #2 possession receiver to only get a #1 stud receiver is mind boggling! Unthinkable! What on earth are we all insane !* Lost our minds ! Now if we traded one of our practice squad wideouts, bag of footballs, Gilbride, cones and the waterboy for Edwards I do not see how the Browns would not bite at that deal. Have we all lost our freakin minds ! The browns are* a professional organization with skilled scouts and GM's who are paid real good money to make deals to better their organization. Do you really beleive we can get Edwards for nothing ? If we had to give up Smith to get Edwards you do it in a second.* Smith is replacable with Hixon who is more valuable. Just check the stats they do not lie. *
</P>

por favor jerry reese

Redeyejedi
The Giants can grab a return man in the 5th round they need cornerback depth a guy like Bruce Johnson of Miamior a 4th running back/ Kick returner like Devin Moore of Wyoming

oldschoolGMEN
And you are really cute with that Santa hat! Are you one of Santa's Elves ? Hey can you tell Santa I want an early Christmas gift. His name is Braylon Edwards. If we have to give him Smith back tell him that is not a problem we will send him packin right away.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 09:01 PM
And you are really cute with that Santa hat! Are you one of Santa's Elves ? Hey can you tell Santa I want an early Christmas gift. His name is Braylon Edwards. If we have to give him Smith back tell him that is not a problem we will send him packin right away.
</P>

Not going to happen. If they don't come off wanting Smith in the deal, it will NOT happen. Care for an unfriendly wager?</P>

The kid in the picture is my 3 year old son, and he's already smarter than you.</P>

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
i don't understand did this original post say we should trade for Edwards AND draft Britt AND draft Robiskie?

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Umm lets see the Giants have tried that for years going back until the early 90's since they drafted Dave Meggett and it is not problem as they are growing on trees every draft day. Please the Giants have not drafted anyone since Dave Meggett with the ability to scare the oppenent like Hixon. Do you not see how bad we are hurtin when Hixon is not returning punts or kickoffs. You make it sound so easy. Pick a guy in the 5th round. Please you have got to be joking me.

Mua Dib
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
And you are really cute with that Santa hat! Are you one of Santa's Elves ? Hey can you tell Santa I want an early Christmas gift.* His name is Braylon Edwards. If we have to give him Smith back tell him that is not a problem we will send him packin right away.*
</P>

Not going to happen.* If they don't come off wating Smith in the deal, it NOT happen.* Care for an unfriendly wager?</P>pssst...i think oldschools hitting on you. What did I tell you about the elf outfit?

FBomb
04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Umm lets see the Giants have tried that for years going back until the early 90's since they drafted Dave Meggett and it is not problem as they are growing on trees every draft day. Please the Giants have not drafted anyone since Dave Meggett with the ability to scare the oppenent like Hixon. Do you not see how bad we are hurtin when Hixon is not returning punts or kickoffs. You make it sound so easy. Pick a guy in tyeh 5th round. Please you have got to be joking me.
</P>

Kick returners are so easy to pick up. Are you new to football? Hixon isn't going to be returning kicks anymore, anyway.</P>

NYGiantsSH
Getting rid of Smith is madness...drafting Britt AND Robiskie is madness...</P>

That's just crazy...</P>

Trade picks for Braylon, add Ramses Barden on day 2...money in the bizzank...</P>

FBomb
</P>

Not going to happen. If they don't come off wating Smith in the deal, it NOT happen. Care for an unfriendly wager?</P>

pssst...i think oldschools hitting on you. What did I tell you about the elf outfit?</P>

I use it as a distraction.</P>

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Getting rid of Smith is madness...drafting Britt AND Robiskie is madness...</P>

That's just crazy...</P>

Trade picks for Braylon, add Ramses Barden on day 2...money in the bizzank...</P>

agreed though i really think we need at most ONE receiver, certainly not THREE

how could Edwards, Hixon, Britt, Robiskie, and Manningham share playing time?

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes, thank you . This guy is off the freakin wall like Steve Smith is his girlfriend or something. I like Steve Smith but if the Browns want him and we can fulfill our #1 receiver needs then we should do it. As I have been sayin all along to get somebody we need you may have to give up someone we may not want to give up. All I am sayin is we should trade for Edwards and draft Britt and Robiskie and this thread has gotten way out of control with his love with Smith.

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes, thank you . This guy is off the freakin wall like Steve Smith is his girlfriend or something. I like Steve Smith but if the Browns want him and we can fulfill our #1 receiver needs then we should do it. As I have been sayin all along to get somebody we need you may have to give up someone we may not want to give up. All I am sayin is we should trade for Edwards and draft Britt and Robiskie and this thread has gotten way out of control with his love with Smith. *

i still seriously do not understand how and why you think we should get all three

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Too funny! name the last kickoff or punt returner who is as good a weapon as Hixon ??? Come on let me hear this one ! I am waitin ! Oh and show me the facts in stats please not your opinion.

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Come on that is really you I know it. Oh my God I am debating with a 3 year old Giant fan. I knew it. Sorry kid. I understand your favorite bobble head doll is Steve Smith. Sorry son no hard feelings. Do not worry Uncle Jerry will not trade your Steve Smith bobble head but he will trade the real Steve Smith.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Too funny! name the last kickoff or punt returner who is as good a weapon as Hixon ??? Come on let me hear this one ! I am waitin ! Oh and show me the facts in stats please not your opinion.
</P>

Josh Cribbs was an undrafted FA, for starters.</P>

The NFL has had MANY late round picks that have turned out to be "diamonds in the rough." Are you saying that kick returners are the exception to that? </P>

</P>

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Come on that is really you* I know it.* Oh my God I am debating with a 3 year old Giant fan. I knew it. Sorry kid. I understand your favorite bobble head doll is Steve Smith. Sorry son no hard feelings. Do not worry Uncle Jerry will not trade your Steve Smith* bobble head but he will trade the real Steve Smith.

even if he was three you are debating and getting pwned by him

FBomb
04-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Come on that is really you I know it. Oh my God I am debating with a 3 year old Giant fan. I knew it. Sorry kid. I understand your favorite bobble head doll is Steve Smith. Sorry son no hard feelings. Do not worry Uncle Jerry will not trade your Steve Smith bobble head but he will trade the real Steve Smith.
</P>

You argue like a ****ing idiot. </P>

There's no big love for Smith here. I have been saying since we lost Plax that what we have is not enough. I just don't agree that Smith should be traded. </P>

The love affair is between you and your ego.</P>

</P>

FBomb
04-20-2009, 09:22 PM
even if he was three you are debating and getting pwned by him</P>

It's so much more fun when idiots have no idea that they are idiots.</P>

listenup
04-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I know trading a #2 possession receiver to only get a #1 stud receiver is mind boggling! Unthinkable! What on earth are we all insane ! Lost our minds ! Now if we traded one of our practice squad wideouts, bag of footballs, Gilbride, cones and the waterboy for Edwards I do not see how the Browns would not bite at that deal. Have we all lost our freakin minds ! The browns are a professional organization with skilled scouts and GM who are paid real good money to make deals to better their organization. Do you really beleive we can get Edwards for nothing ? If we had to give up Smith to get Edwards you do it in a second. Smith is replacable with Hixon who is more valuable. Just check the stats they do not lie.
Since when has draft picks become worthless?Having lots ofdraft picks as trade bait like we do is good leverage especially when our teamneeds are slim.

Redeyejedi
04-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Isnt pretty much common knowledge that the Browns didnt want Hixon anyway and the Giants refused 2 part with Steve Smith. If this trade goes down it will be for are 1st round draft pick and a secondary selection no higher than the 3rd round.

Redeyejedi
04-20-2009, 09:35 PM
The trade will be augmented from a 2nd a 5th and smith 2 a 1st and a 3rd. This will give the Browns flexibility 2 select A.Michael Crabtree and take a 3-4 pass rusher at 29 or B. Select Aaron Curry and select the best available wideout at 29 like Kenny Britt whom they worked out last week. Or C select Brian Orakapo and select a WR 29

BeatYale
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
You're an idiot.

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
I will say this for the last time.

When was the last time the GIANTS drafted or traded for a kickoff and punt returner as good a weapon as Hixon ? Just answer the question kid ? If you cannot read or understand please ask your daddy. Oh yeah that is me and I am tired of explaining it to you. It is ok if you need to ask the peanut gallery to assist you as there should ne plenty of other fellow alumni Pre-schoolers on this thread who can help you out.

Umm I wonder. Maybe you you are not at a pre-k reading level.

Morehead State
04-20-2009, 09:44 PM

When was the last time the GIANTS drafted or traded for a kickoff and punt returner as good a weapon as Hixon ? Just answer the question kid ? If you cannot read or understand please ask your daddy. Oh yeah that is me and I am tired of explaining it to you. It is ok if you need to ask the peanut gallery to assist you as there should ne plenty of other fellow alumni Pre-schoolers on this thread who can help you out.

</P>

You are way out of your league with Fbomb, but I must say that "daddy" linewas pretty funny.</P>

The rest......Not too much.</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Prove your point then ? You see you cannot because the stats do not lie. All talk no facts . Show me why Smith is more valuable then Hixon ? You know you are the same kind of fan who will complain that we do not have a good kickoff and punt returner to give us good field position and blame Reese for not going out in the 5th round and grabbing one from the draft trees since it is so easy to get one.

I am done with this one !

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Prove your point then ? You see you cannot because the stats do not lie. All talk no facts . Show me why Smith is more valuable then Hixon ? You know you are the same kind of fan who will complain that we do not have a good kickoff and punt returner to give us good field position and blame Reese for going out* in the 5th round and grabbing one from the trees since it is so easy to get one.

I am done with this one !*

dude you said we should pick up three new WRs this offseason just admit you're wrong

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:47 PM
The vocabulary and vulgar use of the English language is darn right disturbing . Are you sure you are not a Philly fan ?

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 09:49 PM
The vocabulary and vulgar use of the English language is darn right disturbing . Are you sure you are not a Philly fan ?

i'm sorry I'm going to keep going with this from what I've seen in my short time here F-bomb is too dignified to deal with you.

Are you insulting grammar on a message board? What point are you trying to get across?

zfootball
04-20-2009, 09:52 PM
im sorry this post is so absurd. why in the world would u ever draft both britt and robiskie two horrible recievers wen u can get Delmas S and the highest rated linebacker in the draft

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I am going to tell your mommy to wash your mouth out with soap. Terrible language son. Why can't you just debate. This is why I find this site so humorous as there is no debating with facts to back up anything. It all comes down to using profanity for fans who cannot back up their statements.

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 09:55 PM
I am going to tell your mommy to wash your mouth out with soap. Terrible language son. Why can't you just debate. This is why I find this site so humorous as there is no debating with facts to back up anything. It all comes down to using profanity for fans who cannot back up their statements.* *

you should save yourself some time and get a new account like i'm sure you will do and start over

your series of posts on this thread are absolutely ridiculous

FBomb
04-20-2009, 10:07 PM

</P>

Love the irony here. You argue like a 3 year old and call me kid.</P>

That wasn't what you asked. You asked about late round kick returners and I gave you an UNDRAFTED one. I didn't realize that the Browns had a sharper eye for talent than the Giants. The point is they can be found much easier than a proven clutch reciever such as Smith, and Reese has already stated Smith isn't a part of the package. </P>

I guess he should "ask his daddy" too?</P>

</P>

</P>

BeatYale
04-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Neither guy is going to be traded. However, in a Smith vs Hixon debate...I'd rather the team keep the guy who has a knack for converting 3rd downs and has made big plays in big games, because Eli has chemistry and confidence in him. We all know who that is.

Now regarding Hixon's value to us on special teams...did he even have a return-TD last season? Sure he's been the best returner for us over the past 2 seasons, but he has a very small body of work on special teams and it's not even comparable to what Smith did for us as a WR.

Again, you're an idiot for suggesting we trade Smith.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Prove your point then ? You see you cannot because the stats do not lie. All talk no facts . Show me why Smith is more valuable then Hixon ? You know you are the same kind of fan who will complain that we do not have a good kickoff and punt returner to give us good field position and blame Reese for not going out in the 5th round and grabbing one from the draft trees since it is so easy to get one.

I am done with this one !
</P>

No you aren't. Your ego is bruised and you can't help yourself.</P>

</P>

FBomb
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I am going to tell your mommy to wash your mouth out with soap. Terrible language son. Why can't you just debate. This is why I find this site so humorous as there is no debating with facts to back up anything. It all comes down to using profanity for fans who cannot back up their statements.
</P>

All you've done is google stats. Stats don't tell the whole story. Never have. Though I do understand how your simple mind would think so.</P>

FBomb
04-20-2009, 10:13 PM
i'm sorry I'm going to keep going with this from what I've seen in my short time here F-bomb is too dignified to deal with you. Are you insulting grammar on a message board? What point are you trying to get across?</P>

That he has none.</P>

FBomb
04-20-2009, 10:17 PM
</P>

I've backed up my statements with PLENTY of facts, examples and humor, and every time have made you look stupid. </P>

You really should consider a different hobby. Debating isn't your strong suit.</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 10:38 PM
If I am an idiot then here is trivia question for you Mr. Genius. Who in week 12 this past season had 208 total yards and single handely won the game for the GMEN? This is why I find this site so humorous as if you are going to make statements then back them up with stats and facts.

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 10:42 PM
I debate but you refrain to profanities. Go back to your Winter job and start early wrapping my gifts for Christmas. Make sure you learn how to tie a knot on the bow for my gifts.
If you are shots facts then show me the stats from the Giants website comparing Smith and Hixon ? You see I did and you did not even reply with any credible argument because the numbers do not lie.

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Sad case you are. Tell me what intangible stats of Smith outweighs any stats and intangibles which Hixon brings to the table ? Just the fact that Hixon plays #1 and #2 and can return kickoffs and punts and oh yeah play gunner is not enough that he does all of that at every role very well ?
Can I ask you why you have to use profanity and call me an idiot when I could very easily say the same about you but I refrain from doing so because I feel bad for teh handicap with which you have to carry throughout your life. I am sorry you where born with this handicap and I respect you for what you have to go through and sacrifice each and every day of your life. Are you sure you are not a Jets fan ? Come on tell me Joe Willie Namath was better than Joe Montana ? Oh yeah I apologize I keep on forgetting the handicap thing again.

napier23
04-20-2009, 10:50 PM

</P>

Again this is irrelavant, Smith is untradable, you dont give up a guy that fits so well with the type of reciever you are trying to obtain (Edwards), that just leaves you missing another part. You cant give up a reciever that can give you 10+ good yrs for a one dimensional wr thats great at kick offs and returns. Nobody stays on top of the return game long, Dante Hall aint so great anymore, after 3-5 yrs most of them tear up a knee or something. You can always find young raw talent for this. A few yrs ago Willie Ponder had one of the best seasons returing for us, is he even in the leauge now? I agree we need Braylon, but their are other ways of obtaining him besides giving awayour ready made replacement to Toomer. Bottom line is you wont see Resse trade him.. .</P>

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Sad case you are. Tell me what intangible outweighs any stats and intangible which Hixon brings to the table ? Just the fact that Hixon plays #1 and #2 and can return kickoffs and punts and oh yeah play gunner is not enough that he does all of that at every role very well ?
Can I ask you why you have to use profanity and call me an idiot when I could very easily say the same about you but I refrain from doing so because I feel bad for teh handicap with which you have to carry throughout your life. I am sorry you where born with this handicap and I respect you for what you have to go through and sacrifice each and every day of your life.* Are you sure you are not a Jets fan ? Come on tell me Joe Willie Namath was better than Joe Montana ? Oh* yeah I apologize I keep on forgetting the handicap thing again.

i'm sorry just one more time

this guy wanted to

1. trade for Edwards
AND
2. Draft Robiskie
AND
3. Draft Britt

AND THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SPELL SWAMI

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks. Appreciate it coming from such an astute, intelligent, articulate and knowledgable fan as yourself.

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks. Appreciate it coming from such an astute, intelligent, articulate and knowledgable fan as yourself.

you are super welcome

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Yes sir Mr. English Professor. You see you guys are more focused on spelling then facts and justifying your point. Can you proof read my English paper I need to hand it in tomorrow for a grade ?

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 11:01 PM

honestly man keep setting me up

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Come on you guys got to admit some of you guys are way too serious about your posts and need to loosen it up a bit.We all have opinions and we are all not necessarily wrong so calling someone an idiot is way out of bounds. I do not agree with some of you but I refrain from doing so out of respect of you guys being a Giants fan. Bottom line is we all love the Giants and are fans.

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:06 PM
You see I made you laugh ! If you did then you are a Giant fan !

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Sad case you are. Tell me what intangible stats of Smith outweighs any stats and intangibles which Hixon brings to the table ? Just the fact that Hixon plays #1 and #2 and can return kickoffs and punts and oh yeah play gunner is not enough that he does all of that at every role very well ?
Can I ask you why you have to use profanity and call me an idiot when I could very easily say the same about you but I refrain from doing so because I feel bad for teh handicap with which you have to carry throughout your life. I am sorry you where born with this handicap and I respect you for what you have to go through and sacrifice each and every day of your life. Are you sure you are not a Jets fan ? Come on tell me Joe Willie Namath was better than Joe Montana ? Oh yeah I apologize I keep on forgetting the handicap thing again.
</P>

Clutch, Eli's comfort reciever, made plays to help us win a SB in his rookie season. Kick returners are easy to find. Smith is our new Toomer. Reese has already said he's not going to trade him. But of course you know better than he,. right.</P>

As far as profanity and use of the word idiot.......other than being completely accurate I also refer you the begining of this thread, and your reaction to being disagreed with. You first response was hostility. After several posts of making you look stupid for acting like an ***, you seemed to calm down............until you were disagreed with again/ </P>

THAT is why you are an idiot. (oh, and your opinion that Smith should be traded. HOLY **** that's a stupid idea!)</P>

</P>

napier23
04-20-2009, 11:08 PM
</P>

Yes and we all hate Philly!</P>

NY_Eli
04-20-2009, 11:08 PM

i'm only laughing about the idea of trading for/drafting three receivers

yes, it's very funny

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:09 PM
I guess you are sound asleep holding your Steve Smith bobble head doll and wearing your one piece Giants pj's. Good night my son sleep well daddy will see you in the morning.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Come on you guys got to admit some of you guys are way too serious about your posts and need to loosen it up a bit.We all have opinions and we are all not necessarily wrong so calling someone an idiot is way out of bounds. I do not agree with some of you but I refrain from doing so out of respect of you guys being a Giants fan. Bottom line is we all love the Giants and are fans.
</P>

Please refer to the above post about how hostile you became because someone disagrees with you. YOU are the only one getting bent out of shape. Making you look foolish is entertainment to me.</P>

napier23
04-20-2009, 11:11 PM
</P>

Please refer to the above post about how hostile you became because someone disagrees with you. YOU are the only one getting bent out of shape. Making you look foolish is entertainment to me.</P>

</P>

Im so freaking bored, new topic anyone?</P>

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I guess you are sound asleep holding your Steve Smith bobble head doll and wearing your one piece Giants pj's. Good night my son sleep well daddy will see you in the morning.
</P>

Brilliant. You're a credit to the other "special" people.</P>

Mua Dib
04-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Come on you guys got to admit some of you guys are way too serious about your posts and need to loosen it up a bit.We all have opinions and we are all not necessarily wrong so calling someone an idiot is way out of bounds. I do not agree with some of you but I refrain from doing so out of respect of you guys being a Giants fan. Bottom line is we all love the Giants and are fans.**
</P>

Please refer to the above post about how hostile you became because someone disagrees with you.* YOU are the only one getting bent out of shape.* Making you look foolish is entertainment to me.</P>it's true kid. Fbombs like Hannibal Lecter on here.

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
I guess I need to tuck you in bed my child as you obviously are crying and getting cranky. I will get you a bottle and pacifier and put you to sleep. you are grasping now my child. Daddy will tell you a bed time story. Pleasant dreams.

Mua Dib
04-20-2009, 11:15 PM
I guess I need to tuck you in bed my child as you obviously are crying and getting cranky. I will get you a bottle and pacifier and put you to sleep. you are grasping now my child. Daddy will tell you a bed time story. Pleasant dreams.

I tried to warn you. Dont blame me if they find you in your cell after swallowing your own tounge.

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:16 PM

</P>

Well, at least you're a consistant idiot.</P>

NY_Eli

Sir,

You are making a fool of yourself

MB

LT= Lawrence Taylor
Our WR position is not as bad as everyone is thinking. Hixon led the team in receiving yards last year with almost 600. He played in 15 games, but only started in 7. If you take his production and calculate it for a 16 game season starting full time, he eclipses 1000 yards and probably has 6 TD let's say. That's good enough for our offense.

Smith is a great possession receiver and is the ideal #2 to Hixon's deep threat. He is clutch on 3rd downs and knows where the markers are. He is a very valuable part of our offense and has great chemistry with Eli. A WR 3rd year is usually when he breaks out, so I expect big things from Smith in an expanded role.

Then you have Manningham, the wild card. He has a lot of potential to be an X-factor. He didn't have the best start to his career because he was injured in training camp last year and then he struggled to understand the playbook. He is a slow learner, but I think if he gets on the field and practices with Eli and the rest of the offense, he should be able to contribute.

Moss is Moss. Yes, he has caught everything that was thrown to him, but it was 12 passes. There were times where he was healthy and never dressed up. Tyree, I love him for the SB, but he is more of a special teams player more than a WR threat.

So we have 3 WR who can make an impact in our offense this season. We certainly would like to add one at the draft. My gut tells me JR doesn't want to trade players. He likes the guys we have now and would like to develop them. I know Braylon and Boldin are on our radar, but if the price is too high, we won't bite. It would be nice to add one of them, but it is not a neccessity. We could draft one of the blue chip prospects and have him have a limted role in the offense for his rookie year while he develops.

Or, we could package some picks for Braylon and have Braylon-Hixon-Smith-Manningham-Boss.

That's our WR situation

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:17 PM
In fact I checked some of his posts on other threads and he is the same way with other fans. The guy is a baby and cannot discuss without calling fellow giant fans names. He is all over the site. Like a nat who does not want to die. : )

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:17 PM

I tried to warn you. Dont blame me if they find you in your cell after swallowing your own tounge.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>I think we should trade Hixon for Ocho.</FONT></P>

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:18 PM
In fact I checked some of his posts on other threads and he is the same way with other fans. The guy is a baby and cannot discuss without calling fellow giant fans names. He is all over the site. Like a nat who does not want to die. : )
</P>

Well, there IS alot of stupidity to point and laugh at, so you got me there.[:D]</P>

napier23
04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
</P>

Well, there IS alot of stupidity to point and laugh at, so you got me there.[:D]</P>

</P>

O' no</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Come on this is all you got. That's it ? Oh you I keep on forgetting the handicap thing. Are you sure you are not maybe a Jets fan ?? Oh my God you are a Cowgirl's fan ! That explains it. Are you sure you are maybe not Romo ? Is this you Tony? Does Jessica know you are up late out of your bed ? You are whipped !

napier23
04-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Come on this is all you got. That's it ? Oh you I keep on forgetting the handicap thing. Are you sure you are not maybe a Jets fan ?? Oh my God you are a Cowgirl's fan ! That explains it. Are you sure you are maybe not Romo ? Is this you Tony? Does Jessica know you are up late out of your bed ? You are whipped !
</P>

Romo responds! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF7JA7QAuBo</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Are you drinking again my child ? Too much baby formula for you ? Or did you get a hold of Grandma's cough medicine and mix it with your baby formula ?

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:23 PM
</P>

All that I got????? Have you been reading any of your own ridiculously unfunny posts?</P>

Morehead State
04-20-2009, 11:24 PM
</P>

If this were a fight, it would have already been stopped. You've lost.It would show great character if you were to admit this now. Lets see what you're made of.</P>

No Mas! No Mas!</P>

napier23
04-20-2009, 11:24 PM
</P>

All that I got????? Have you been reading any of your own ridiculously unfunny posts?</P>

</P>

This dude has a hard on for you!</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF7JA7QAuBo</P>

JoeGiantfan69
04-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
Moss
Mannigham
Robiskie
</P>

My thoughts? Smith = PROVEN PLAYER/ASSET - Anyone from the draft = UNPROVEN. Case closed. Stop sniffing paint thinner.....</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Agreed. Listen no hard feelings man. Kiss and make up alright ? I am out of here fellow Giants fan . Lets hope Reese gets us some early Christmas gifts this weekend. Later.......

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Are you drinking again my child ? Too much baby formula for you ? Or did you get a hold of Grandma's cough medicine and mix it with your baby formula ?
</P>

yawwwwn...........It's like watching grass grow.</P>

Keep it up though. You may eventually bore everyone to death, then there willbe no one smarter than you.</P>

oldschoolGMEN
04-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Come on you know they are funny I see you chuckle ... Come on there it is . Go ahead and laugh man ! : )

Good night man ! Thanks for the entertainment. : )

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Agreed. Listen no hard feelings man. Kiss and make up alright ? I am out of here fellow Giants fan . Lets hope Reese gets us some early Christmas gifts this weekend. Later.......
</P>

Never was any hard feelings. Just ball bustin.</P>

FBomb
04-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Come on you know they are funny I see you chuckle ... Come on there it is . Go ahead and laugh man ! : )

Good night man ! Thanks for the entertainment. : )
</P>

Anytime</P>

Greatone80
04-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Many fans think britt is great,but the daily news said he had attitude problem like plaxico.Is he worth it? hes what 6ft 3 right?

Big Blue Flu
04-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't post here much but I do lurk a lot.... every now and then I'm forced to log in to reply to something like this... it happens barely never... since most posts like this laughed at and debunked rather quickly...

Facts about the OP:

a.) The OP is not funny and his attempt at joke/come backs are rather annoying.
b.) The OP is wrong, period.
c.) The OP can't spell too good... Also, I'm not an English professor.
d.) The OP's ability to read and comprehend posts made by others is a failure at best.
e.) The OP's holier-than-thou attitude towards his inane banter and opinions is an embarrassment to other Giants fans all over... In other words I hope you don't spew this BS on other message boards, because you would indeed make us all look like idiots.

And as for my 2 cents towards the actual argument...
I completely disagree with what you're saying... That Hixon is more valuable than Smith... I like both players, I believe they are staying here and want them to stay here.... but to say Hixon is more of a value than Smith is a handicap on your ability to analyze football... TRUTH!

However, when you say that the last time we drafted a return threat like Hixon it was when we got Dave Meggett... got him in round 5 btw... anyway...

if that's your question.... then here is mine....

WHEN was the last time any team Traded for a #1 wide receiver AND then with their first 2 picks drafted 2 more WR's?

I'd like some facts to back that up, because to me that's extremely logical.

sweetlou03
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
def good post blue flu.. This was a rediculous thread..trade steve smith? really our best 3rd down reciever, is less valuable than hixon who is unproven in big spots, and is a decent return guy? Eli would then have lost his 2 go to guys, and guys he trusted most, and you want to replace them with 2 rookie recievers, and moss and manningham? I would like the giants to draft LB, WR, LB with the first three picks. If they sure up that LB corps that D would be nasty.Look at the ravens, titans and pitt, all won with Defense and nobig play guys on offense.They have to somehow find a way to get a # 1 WR tho definitly, but trading Smith is ******ed.

oldschoolGMEN
04-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I am sure you also kiss yourself as well to assure you are a genius because everyone laughs at you. I am sorry you need to let it go since me and FBOMB have provided the peanut gallery with entertainment and you wish you had our humor and debating skills .

oldschoolGMEN
04-21-2009, 05:35 PM
As I have been saying over and over again prove that Smith is more valuable than Hixon. I showed everyone on this site the stats and just the fact that the guy can play 5 skilled positions very well is enough said. TO prove my point I will only take one game last season and I will allow you to look up the stats and you judge whether Hixon one that game single handley and is more of a weapon which teams are afraid to defend than Smith. 208 total yards dude ! Come on that is only one example. I will say it again prove it. Just as I thought you cannot just like everyone else on this site. NO FACTS = NO POINT TO MAKE ! All talk no action. You guys do not get it. I am not saying to trade Smith. All I am saying if we have to trade someone which a team wants to get a #1 I would rather trade Smith than Hixon. That is all I am saying. Just because you do not want to see him go you need to rethink sometimes to get the player you need. Hixon can replace Smith very easily and provide other skills at other positions as well to help the Giants win more games.
And to critisize me about anything else accept the argument shows me you are grasping to the peanut gallery for applause. Again looking to pat yourself on the back.

oldschoolGMEN
04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Plenty of errors in your reply.. Here is a list of corrections to consider the next time you write.
No dashes in between your words
.... A no no
Appreviating is not good grammar
All caps for the entire word
Starting a paragraph needs to be with an indent
Poor use of words and fragmentation all over the place
Please take a Kaplan course to get you out of 3rd grade English

Grade F .. If you are looking for extra credit to get your grade up please write the following 1000 times

Hixon is a better all around player than Steve Smith

PS if you choose to say it 1000 times that is fine as well just please tape it and mail in your extra credit to the following address:

Hixon Fan Club
PO Box 303245-12456

oldschoolGMEN
04-21-2009, 05:52 PM
You are forgetting Braylon Edwards we would get for Smith a # 2 and 5 plus draft Britt and Robiskie. Include Hixon, Moss and Mannigham and that is the core of receivers. You do not even understand the argument or know who is on the roster.

oldschoolGMEN
04-21-2009, 06:00 PM
By the way my point about when was the last time the Giants drafted a special teams player who is as versitiale and as good as Hixon ? My answer was Meggett. Who cares if he was a 5th rounder. The giants have tried for years to get a Dave Meggett type player and they are not out there. You missed the whole point. Let me ask you should I call you an idiot as well for not reading and understanding the point communicated ? Talking logical makes more sense when you can back it up with stats and prove your argument. Have you ever done research on something. Well I ask you do you go to your boss and say hey it is logical with what I am saying and I do not have to prove it with facts or hard evidence to justify my case, You would be fired ! Come on.

GiantLegend
04-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need.* You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith* for all the reasons I stated.* Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata* 100o times and maybe you will get it.

I dont think YOU understand football friend.....Smith will be* as good a possession guy as any above average guy in the league who makes his money in the middle of the field..

Are you high? Part with Kiwi before any receiver????

Hixon isn't that good! Manningham isn't that good! Smith is good, but very replaceable.

Get rid of a 2 way defensive beast instead of a mediocore WR? You are out of your mind.

oldschoolGMEN
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Hixon is not that good? So you would rather have a better punt and kickoff returner and better receiver ? You have got to be kidding me.

Big Blue Flu
04-22-2009, 12:10 AM
oldschoolGMEN,

Please refrain from emailing me any of your stupidity. I frequent this board enough where if you reply to me, using a quote (you seem to fail at pressing the quote button when you reply), I will see it.

Also, Because you chose to email me I now know your real name. Of course I googled your name and also found your facebook account, your birthday &amp; age, your height and home town and a few other random things.

Die-Hard
04-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Although I shouldn't have to do this, things have once again gone too far and people are getting a tad bit too personal

1. Take it outside, guys. If you want to have a stupid battle of wits, PM each other or email each other, but take it out of here. No one is interested

2. Do NOT threaten anyone, overtly or otherwise. Personal information is just that. If you dare to post any of it or threaten people with using it, you'll be banned and the authorities will be alerted. If you think I'm kidding, please try it.

3. Questions? See #1 and #2