PDA

View Full Version : Poppa and Banks were all over the Refs yesterday

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I find both of them to be pretty objective. They were really on the refs for giving every call to the Jets yesterday.

Die-Hard
12-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I was listening to them while watching the game. They were spot on. The refs were atrocious, and I'm not speaking as a fan of the Giants, but as a fan of the game. The way they were twisting and bending the rules to favor the Jets was outlandish. The NFL is so quick to fine and suspend players, but what they REALLY need to do is review these games, watch these horrendously biased calls, and fine/suspend these idiots who dare to put on the zebra stripes.

I counted 4 blatantly obvious calls that went in the Jets' favor.

2 sacks of Sanchez, in which the ball was knocked out of his hand and would have been a fumble in any other game. Santonio Holmes catching, taking 2 steps, and fumbling(incomplete?!) And the Ross TD, which was CALLED a TD on the field, was mind blowingly bad. They needed irrefutable evidence to overturn the TD, right? I saw the ball go off of Rolle's foot and Ross grabbed it. Never touched the ground, and the film didn't show anything differently. Overturned with no evidence

Worst offciated game of the season

hammer-time
12-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Not to mention that outrageously obvious holding penalty on the jets on a scoring play that <u>wasn't called.</u>

Manning2Niks
12-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Not to mention that outrageously obvious holding penalty on the jets on a scoring play that <u>wasn't called.</u>

I went nuts over that one. Couldn't believe how that was just ignored like an ugly girl at a party.

Manning2Niks
12-25-2011, 02:35 PM
*note...thats not to say the other ones didnt grind my gears either. i'm just saying that hold was absurd.

logan9839
12-25-2011, 02:40 PM
I hear you, I am not one to blame the refs, but it has seemed in the last few games the Giants are not getting any calls. I don't think there is an agenda, but clearly the refs are making huge mistakes.

M0rbid
12-25-2011, 02:55 PM
BTW I'm sick and tired of listening to Mike Pereira..... Is he a Giants hater or something?

A-unit
12-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Ditto! This guy seems really happy to side against the Giants on every questionable call! Dude p!!sses me off

blueomaha
12-25-2011, 03:16 PM
BTW I'm sick and tired of listening to Mike Pereira..... Is he a Giants hater or something?
i think so...isn't he suppose to be unbias??...what purpose does he serve if he can't see what we all see going on...maybe he's in the review booth...now that i think of it, seems he only shows up for NYG broadcast....

tikiandphil
12-25-2011, 03:20 PM
I find both of them to be pretty objective. They were really on the refs for giving every call to the Jets yesterday.

Anyone with eyes would have had the same opinion. It has been a bad year for the stripes this year however this game was really bad.

yoeddy
12-25-2011, 03:51 PM

To be fair, he did say that the fumble off of Rolle's foot should have been upheld...that there wasn't enough evidence in the replay to overturn a call on the field...

Overdrive92
12-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Screw the refs, we won.

bigblue5611
12-25-2011, 05:36 PM
saw the replay on pass interference by Plax, could've seen that goin as a non-call....

but the bigger question is why was he being covered by Amukamara?

Bluesmash
12-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Which makes it inexplicable that they called Plax on pushing off before his nullified TD.

fletch842
12-25-2011, 06:24 PM
and they missed clear PI on Revis on the pass that was intercepted off Nick's hands.

jjj45
12-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Screw the refs, we won.Yeah, too bad we couldn't say the same for the Green Bay game.

Joe Morrison
12-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Which makes it inexplicable that they called Plax on pushing off before his nullified TD.</P>

Plax has been getting called on that push off all his career, even as a Giant so that didn't surprise me at all.</P>

As far as the PI not called on Revis in the endzone, Nicks has to man up and catch that one, he has had a bad 3 weeks, needs to get back on track, he had position, size, ball hits his hands, he has to make that play period.</P>

RagTime Blue
12-25-2011, 06:45 PM
The refs gave us a huge gift by ruling that Victor Cruz "gave himself up" earlier in the season.

Even if a few bad calls went against us, we're still ahead on the season.

Spizi
12-25-2011, 07:02 PM
i think so...isn't he suppose to be unbias??...what purpose does he serve if he can't see what we all see going on...maybe he's in the review booth...now that i think of it, seems he only shows up for NYG broadcast....

he's always like "I like to stay with the call on the field yet says the fumble should be overturned" bull****

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 07:16 PM
I was listening to them while watching the game. They were spot on. The refs were atrocious, and I'm not speaking as a fan of the Giants, but as a fan of the game. The way they were twisting and bending the rules to favor the Jets was outlandish. The NFL is so quick to fine and suspend players, but what they REALLY need to do is review these games, watch these horrendously biased calls, and fine/suspend these idiots who dare to put on the zebra stripes.

2 sacks of Sanchez, in which the ball was knocked out of his hand and would have been a fumble in any other game. Santonio Holmes catching, taking 2 steps, and fumbling(incomplete?!) And the Ross TD, which was CALLED a TD on the field, was mind blowingly bad. They needed irrefutable evidence to overturn the TD, right? I saw the ball go off of Rolle's foot and Ross grabbed it. Never touched the ground, and the film didn't show anything differently. Overturned with no evidence

+1

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 07:18 PM
The refs gave us a huge gift by ruling that Victor Cruz "gave himself up" earlier in the season.

This will sound very homerish, but that was the right call. He clearly went to the ground unassisted.

KidA
12-25-2011, 07:26 PM
The fumble yesterday should not have been overturned unless the refs are looking at something that the rest of us aren't privy to. There was no irrefutable evidence and so the call on the field should have stood.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 07:27 PM
The fumble yesterday should not have been overturned unless the refs are looking at something that the rest of us aren't privy to. There was no irrefutable evidence and so the call on the field should have stood.

That was a bad call.

RagTime Blue
12-25-2011, 07:45 PM

This will sound very homerish, but that was the right call. <font size="6">He clearly went to the ground unassisted.</font>

Yes, then laid the ball on the carpet and trotted away without hearing a whistle.

It could be argued that THAT call by the officials is the only reason this Sunday's game will mean anything.

I'm just trying to point out that we got a few deposits (including that gift) that I feel MORE THAN cover for the checks we seem to be writing due to the officiating.

Oh, and Big-Time homer here since 1984. . .so no worries.

NYGFaninILL
12-25-2011, 08:00 PM

No, he's just horribly wrong, I think I've seen him rightaybr 3 times this season

plaxattack17
12-25-2011, 08:50 PM
as i mentioned in a previous thread it just shows how much we destroyed the jets in the second half that we won even with the officiating crew wearing green uniforms. Overturning the Ross touchdown was nothing short of scandelous.

Roosevelt
12-25-2011, 09:26 PM
and they missed clear PI on Revis on the pass that was intercepted off Nick's hands.

Absolutely. Why they allow Revis to grab guys with his back hand is beyond me.

jomo
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM

Absolutely. Why they allow Revis to grab guys with his back hand is beyond me.
Hero worship Rosey, plain and simple.

miked1958
12-25-2011, 09:35 PM

Absolutely.* Why they allow Revis to grab guys with his back hand is beyond me.

He was grabbing and holding guys all game. It was pathetic

miked1958
12-25-2011, 09:37 PM

The question was if the elbow hit his shoe, not the ball

Raptor22
12-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Which makes it inexplicable that they called Plax on pushing off before his nullified TD.</p>

Plax has been getting called on that push off all his career, even as a Giant so that didn't surprise me at all.</p>

As far as the PI not called on Revis in the endzone, Nicks has to man up and catch that one, he has had a bad 3 weeks, needs to get back on track, he had position, size, ball hits his hands, he has to make that play period.</p>

Make that a bad 2 weeks. Nicks was phenomenal against Dallas.