PDA

View Full Version : Giants a classy organization in every way but one

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 02:10 PM
I will never agree with the decision to share a stadium with the Jets. The Giants deserve there own stadium. I always resepect the Maras and Tische's but the decision to share a stadium was a horrible decision.

ShakeNBake
12-25-2011, 02:12 PM
What does sharing a stadium have to do with class? I don't mind sharing a stadium, it just sucks that it's in New Jersey.

FlyingTruck
12-25-2011, 02:13 PM
What does sharing a stadium have to do with class? I don't mind sharing a stadium, it just sucks that it's in New Jersey.
Yeah, I don't see why sharing is that big of a deal really. A few teams across different sports share stadiums. No biggie. I do wish it was actually in NY though.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I will never agree with the decision to share a stadium with the Jets. The Giants deserve there own stadium. I always resepect the Maras and Tische's but the decision to share a stadium was a horrible decision.

It was a business decision, nothing to do with class.

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I don't see why sharing is that big of a deal really. A few teams across different sports share stadiums. No biggie. I do wish it was actually in NY though.

Different sports I don't mind. It was a money grab that I disgaree with. Especially sharin with the Jets.

Die-Hard
12-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Other than having to de-louse the place after Jests games, I don't mind sharing the stadium. We're talking about $1.4 BILLION here

barran21
12-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Other than having to de-louse the place after Jests games, I don't mind sharing the stadium. We're talking about $1.4 BILLION here

Originally we were talking about $800 million...

The Stadium had a different design and different budget when the Jets were trying to get approval for the there stadium in Manhattan, when the Jets were rejected they came crawling back to the Mara's and they sat down talked and built the stadium with there own money, otherwise it would have been Giants stadium again, instead of Metlife crap...

BurnerNYG
12-25-2011, 02:50 PM
The money shouldn't be an excuse. The Giants got way too much of a rich history to be sharing a stadium... especially with a team who was about to build their own stadium in Manhattan without the Giants. That **** is wack.

stormblue
12-25-2011, 03:27 PM
this has been going on since '86, for 25 years
they have been the green-headed ugly stepbrother.
meadowlands , metlife stadium , jersey shores arena ; it doesn't matter what the talking heads call it ;
everybody still knows that its giants stadium...including the jets.
now if it were the other way around......

slipknottin
12-25-2011, 03:28 PM
You know all those threads complaining about the PSLs? Double the prices....

SweetZombieJesus
12-25-2011, 09:27 PM

They were following Wellington's lead, who let them share the old stadium.

However, former Jet owner Leon Hess was a class guy as was Wellington. Woody Johnson, in contrast, is a self-entitled trust fund brat with a huge inferiority complex.

They should have told the Jests to f**k off and move to Los Angeles.

The Maras were also looking out for the fans, cutting the costs of the stadium in half.

bleeding blue
12-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Sharing the stadium was strictly a business decision. Without the jets, wed be paying 100k psls like the cowboys.

krygny
12-25-2011, 09:41 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$