PDA

View Full Version : Who's your pick in this mock?

WiIdcat
02-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Charlie Campbells latest mock is up on Walterfootball
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013charlie.php

Who would you take at 19 in this situation. Notable available players: Sheldon Richardson, Alec Ogletree, Okafor, Datone Jones, Teo, Minter, and Montgomery.

For me it would easily come down to Richardson or Ogletree. Both are elite athletic specimens at the position and are just plain play makers. That's exactly what this defense needs. I know Richardson is probably the higher rated player, but at the end of the day I would go with Ogletree because I believe he could be the JPP of 2013. A guy who was drafted in the teens but if the draft were to happen again would go top 5.

Alright GM's you're on the clock...

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 12:40 PM
easy Richardson or Ogletree.. probally my 2 favorite prospects, both fill huge needs

I'd say Ogletree though, Its time to upgrade the LBs.. enough is enough

titwio
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd take Ogletree. Gives the Giants an instant upgrade in size, speed and coverage ability at the LB position. Of all the players you listed there I believe he also has the most upside and play making ability.

WiIdcat
02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
easy Richardson or Ogletree.. probally my 2 favorite prospects, both fill huge needs

I'd say Ogletree though, Its time to upgrade the LBs.. enough is enough

haha tell me about it!

I know he compares similarly to Daryl Washington in terms of height/weight/speed, but how would you compare the two? Washington is only 230 but still holds down the middle in a 3-4 no less. That's why I think Ogletree would flourish in a 4-3 with two mammoths (Linval and Rogers) in front of him.

Mlerman17
02-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Ogletree

GiantPride13
02-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Who would you take at 19 in this situation. Notable available players: Sheldon Richardson, Alec Ogletree, Okafor, Datone Jones, Teo, Minter, and Montgomery.

For me it would easily come down to Richardson or Ogletree. Both are elite athletic specimens at the position and are just plain play makers. That's exactly what this defense needs. I know Richardson is probably the higher rated player, but at the end of the day I would go with Ogletree because I believe he could be the JPP of 2013. A guy who was drafted in the teens but if the draft were to happen again would go top 5.

Richardson
Okafor
Montgomery
Teo
Ogletree
Minter
Jones

in that order

JSpin
02-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Richardson
Okafor
Montgomery
Teo
Ogletree
Minter
Jones

in that order

Wow you really aren't high on Ogletree. I absolutely see the case for Richardson though. He has elite interior pass rush potential. Ive seen one report compare him to JJ. I'd take that haha

For the "experts" in here, I see a huge drop off in talent outside of the top 40. Do you think so and if so would you trade our 3rd to move up and get another impact player? Some guys who might be there could be Datone Jones, DJ Fluker,Margus Hunt, Eifert, etc

Broadway Blue
02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Ogletree is a freak of nature

Would love to have this kid on our team

juice33s
02-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Ogletree

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Ogletree

huh.. wouldn't have guessed that..

juice33s
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
This guy will blow up after the combine...I'm calling 6'3 240, 4.5, 40 inch vert, 28 reps on bench

juice33s
02-11-2013, 06:45 PM
This guy will blow up after the combine...I'm calling 6'3 240, 4.5, 40 inch vert, 28 reps on bench

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 06:49 PM

yea.. and that's why he won't be there at #19..:(

juice33s
02-11-2013, 06:55 PM
yea.. and that's why he won't be there at #19..:(
He'll basically outperform what Kuechly did in every event (Teo to for that matter) and be hands down the top ILB in the draft

egyptian420
02-11-2013, 07:47 PM

I'd say Ogletree though, Its time to upgrade the LBs.. enough is enoughthis right here....I'd be happy with either of these guys, I have a feeling the Cowboys are going to snag Richardson before we get to pick

nycsportzfan
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm a Ogletree guy myself.. Like i've said for months now, adding explosiveness, speed, and playmaking ability to our LB core is a must..

born blue
02-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Richardson. Games are won in the trenches. I like OTree, but think there is decent LB depth and we can do well there in rounds 2-4.

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Richardson. Games are won in the trenches. I like OTree, but think there is decent LB depth and we can do well there in rounds 2-4.

I agree with this also.. Richardson in the 1st, Arther Brown or Greene in the 2nd is nice

WiIdcat
02-11-2013, 10:46 PM
I agree with this also.. Richardson in the 1st, Arther Brown or Greene in the 2nd is nice

I've seen mocks and big boards with Brown in the 1st. Is that really going to happen?? He seems too small to go that high.

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 10:56 PM
I've seen mocks and big boards with Brown in the 1st. Is that really going to happen?? He seems too small to go that high.

I don't think Brown goes in the 1st or last till the 3rd.. I can see him going anywhere in the 2nd..

GiantPride13
02-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Wow you really aren't high on Ogletree. I absolutely see the case for Richardson though. He has elite interior pass rush potential. Ive seen one report compare him to JJ. I'd take that haha

For the "experts" in here, I see a huge drop off in talent outside of the top 40. Do you think so and if so would you trade our 3rd to move up and get another impact player? Some guys who might be there could be Datone Jones, DJ Fluker,Margus Hunt, Eifert, etc

I like him and the way he plays. However he has some red flags. He was suspended 4 games last year for failing drug tests. Hes a convert Safety who is 230lbs, Seems like a better fit for the OLB than a ILB. I think we have way more need inside than outside. Kiwi holds down one side and i think its time for JWill to step up and be the starter. Kid looks good whenever i see him and is also an athletic freak. Id rather see a DT or DE in round one and go after Green from Rutgers or that kid from Kansas State Arthur in the second.

Morehead State
02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
No one is prediction we pick Lane Johnson?

Do we think he'll be gone at 19?

I think if he's there we def.pick him.

titwio
02-12-2013, 05:01 PM

I think so too. The OP didn't mention him but I think he'd most likely be the pick. That is unless some team offers up too good a deal for Reese to turn down if a team wants to trade down and take him.

Carter.525
02-12-2013, 05:14 PM

I got Joeckel to KC, Fisher to Arizona & Lane Johnson to San Diego

WiIdcat
02-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I think so too. The OP didn't mention him but I think he'd most likely be the pick. That is unless some team offers up too good a deal for Reese to turn down if a team wants to trade down and take him.

With the 31st ranked defense and no depth at LB, DT, DE, or CB I'm not even considering offense in round 1. I'll be pissed if we go any other position than the 4 I just listed.

titwio
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM
With the 31st ranked defense and no depth at LB, DT, DE, or CB I'm not even considering offense in round 1. I'll be pissed if we go any other position than the 4 I just listed.

This was the best RT the Giants had last year
http://cjzero.com/gifs/LocklearLeg.gif

He's coming off this injury and is 32 starting the season...their other option is Dave Diehl (I'll stop there)

O-line help is just as important as defense if not more IMO. One player drafted in the 1st round won't immediately cure a 31 ranked defense...but a 1st round stud tackle could immediately turn around an ailing offensive line.

PS: Sorry I had to show that gif.

WiIdcat
02-12-2013, 08:44 PM
This was the best RT the Giants had last year
http://cjzero.com/gifs/LocklearLeg.gif

He's coming off this injury and is 32 starting the season...their other option is Dave Diehl (I'll stop there)

O-line help is just as important as defense if not more IMO. One player drafted in the 1st round won't immediately cure a 31 ranked defense...but a 1st round stud tackle could immediately turn around an ailing offensive line.

PS: Sorry I had to show that gif.

David Diehl is the worst offensive tackle in the league. You could put anyone in there and it would be an upgrade.

Antwuan
02-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Alec Ogletree

Morehead State
02-13-2013, 11:23 AM
David Diehl is the worst offensive tackle in the league. You could put anyone in there and it would be an upgrade.
That's absolutely ridiculous.

This "DD is worse than my 6 year old" nonsense on these MB's is boring and foolish.
He would be a valuable guy to have on the team next yesar for depth. especially since he's so versatile. Is he playing at the level of a starter? Maybe not. But he'd be a valuable back up.

BlueSabbath
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM

Ogletree
Okafor
Richardson

Do not want Minter or Montgomery in the first.

G-Men Surg.
02-13-2013, 07:52 PM

I would be happy with Lane Johnson or D.J. Flucker ( if Ansah isn't available ) at OL or Short at DT but if my boy Johnathan Hankins is available at 19 I will be thrilled if Giants pulled the trigger on him. LB? Actually I'm getting more convinced of the possibility of trading down in the 1st and grab Minter or Brown if the Giants were to draft a LB in the first.

nycsportzfan
02-13-2013, 11:43 PM
That's absolutely ridiculous.

This "DD is worse than my 6 year old" nonsense on these MB's is boring and foolish.
He would be a valuable guy to have on the team next yesar for depth. especially since he's so versatile. Is he playing at the level of a starter? Maybe not. But he'd be a valuable back up. I dissagre.. I think his salary and level of talent hes at this point in his career dont match up at all, and if hes on our roster, its horrible value for what ur gonna get outta him compared to what he makes... He had one of the worst seasons i've ever seen from a Olineman personally, and i think theres alot of people who desrve to be critical as much as they want, becasue hes that bad.. He wasen't good for awhile now, and has consistently gotten worse.. What makes u think he wont' get even worse going forward?

JSpin
02-14-2013, 12:32 AM
I dissagre.. I think his salary and level of talent hes at this point in his career dont match up at all, and if hes on our roster, its horrible value for what ur gonna get outta him compared to what he makes... He had one of the worst seasons i've ever seen from a Olineman personally, and i think theres alot of people who desrve to be critical as much as they want, becasue hes that bad.. He wasen't good for awhile now, and has consistently gotten worse.. What makes u think he wont' get even worse going forward?

Seriously Diehl is the worst starting tackle in the league... there are backups that would better protect Eli than him. PFF has Diehl as the 60th rated tackle in the league last year. Please cut ASAP thanks.

nycsportzfan
02-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Seriously Diehl is the worst starting tackle in the league... there are backups that would better protect Eli than him. PFF has Diehl as the 60th rated tackle in the league last year. Please cut ASAP thanks. Sometimes on these boards people that seemingly everyone likes or dislikes finally starts getting old and some will start to retort back to sticking up for the said player, which makes no sense to me, i know, but it happens...lol I think thats the case with Morehead here, because Morehead has way to much Wisdom to not realize how bad Diehl is, and in my opinion, is just looking to be diffrent on the subject, because theres no way anyone can have anything but critisim for that Has Been... Seriously, hes abysmal!