PDA

View Full Version : Canty to meet with Chiefs and Titans

DownWitJPP
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/11/chris-canty-chiefs-titans/1910061/

looks like Andy is interested in him. Good for him, Canty was a good player for us, he was just way overpaid

Toadofsteel
02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
I wish him well wherever he ends up... except against us of course.

PBTimmons
02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
I suppose it is worth noting that we play the Chiefs this year.

gmen0820
02-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Good for him, Canty was a good player for us, he was just way overpaidYet he wasn't even offered a restructured deal.

Ntegrase96
02-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Always thought it was unusual how Reese treated the Canty situation. I've always felt Canty demanded far more money than he was worth. Not a bad player, but certainly not worth his contract. Coming out of Dallas he was a 4th round pick that hadn't done much.

He and his agent set the market price for himself at 8-9 million a year when he left Dallas and pretty much nobody bit. He initially garnered a lot of interest, but that interest fell through quite quickly. But for some reason, Reese decided to throw him a life jacket for and gave him 7 a year. Not what he was wanting, but still certainly more than he warranted.

gmen0820
02-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Always thought it was unusual how Reese treated the Canty situation. I've always felt Canty demanded far more money than he was worth. Not a bad player, but certainly not worth his contract. Coming out of Dallas he was a 4th round pick that hadn't done much.He and his agent set the market price for himself at 8-9 million a year when he left Dallas and pretty much nobody bit. He initially garnered a lot of interest, but that interest fell through quite quickly. But for some reason, Reese decided to throw him a life jacket for and gave him 7 a year. Not what he was wanting, but still certainly more than he warranted.Canty was a very solid 5T for the Cowboys. His production, like most 5Ts, isn't accurately portrayed by a stat sheet. Further, people did bite on Canty. He was a hot commodity with teams switching to a 34 defense, namely Green Bay. Reese didn't want to let Canty get offers from Green Bay, whom he was scheduled to visit right after the Giants, so Reese made him a solid offer. Canty repaid us with excellent 2010-2012 campaigns, but also with two bookend injury-plagued seasons.