PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Mock Draft

fanpetitions
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Mel Kiper's newest mock has us taking Stanford TE Zach Ertz in the first. I thought Martellus Bennett looked solid this season, I think we need to go in a different direction with our first round pick. Thoughts...?

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 10:48 PM
even if Bennett isnt re-signed.. this is a terrible pick, TE is not the way to go in the 1st this year.. this D needs some major upgrades

nycsportzfan
02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
I love the player, but don't love the value.. Rob Rang of CBS.COM has had Ertz going to us at 19 for awhile now as well.. I would rather alex okafor then ertz even.. There just gots to be better value then ertz at 19, in my opinion..

born blue
02-11-2013, 11:19 PM
The real question is if the NYG would draft Ertz if he was there in the second...

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 11:26 PM
The real question is if the NYG would draft Ertz if he was there in the second...

Ertz would be a good value in the 2nd.. I'd perfer Kelce in the 4th..

born blue
02-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Ertz would be a good value in the 2nd.. I'd perfer Kelce in the 4th..Maybe good value, but so many bigger needs (DT, DE, CB, OL and arguably S), I bet Ertz is way off JR's radar. You know he still believes in "the JPP of tight ends"

Carter.525
02-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Maybe good value, but so many bigger needs (DT, DE, CB, OL and arguably S), I bet Ertz is way off JR's radar. You know still believes in "the JPPof tight ends"

I really wanted Fleener last year.. TE is not a big need but Ertz might be too good to pass in the 2nd.. JR loves getting value

born blue
02-12-2013, 12:11 AM
True. But the only good thing about missing the playoffs is picking in the middle of the round...there is gonna be value, and probably at a position of need. I love BPA in theory, but if that means going into next year with Locklear starting at RT, a void behind an overpaid Webby or a weak LB core, I'd rather pick for position.You like Eiffert or Ertz more?

Carter.525
02-12-2013, 09:30 AM
True. But the only good thing about missing the playoffs is picking in the middle of the round...there is gonna be value, and probably at a position of need. I love BPA in theory, but if that means going into next year with Locklear starting at RT, a void behind an overpaid Webby or a weak LB core, I'd rather pick for position.You like Eiffert or Ertz more?

there really close.. I think Ertz has the edge as a blocker though

titwio
02-12-2013, 11:18 AM
I love the player, but don't love the value.

Yes!

penguinfarmer
02-12-2013, 01:51 PM
It's a pretty deep TE class as well.