PDA

View Full Version : Combine results vs College Pro Days

shane4177
02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
How much weight does each of these have on the draft rankings? Does the combine have more of an impact?

Redeyejedi
02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
How much weight does each of these have on the draft rankings? Does the combine have more of an impact? I prefer the Combine because all the players are in the same controlled environment. Much easier to compare the numbers. Different tracks and bias recordings happen at pro days

shane4177
02-12-2013, 12:32 PM
I prefer the Combine because all the players are in the same controlled environment. Much easier to compare the numbers. Different tracks and bias recordings happen at pro days

So after the combine....is that the final deciding factor........is that result what dictates where a player will rank on the board until draft day?

PBTimmons
02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Definitely a "step up to the plate" kind of factor to the Combine. I'm sure pro days are a lot more comfortable. Combine probably tests their mettle a little more.

PBTimmons
02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
So after the combine....is that the final deciding factor........is that result what dictates where a player will rank on the board until draft day?

I would say the most important evaluation is when a team brings a guy in for a personal workout. Of course, the whole picture is what this is all about.

The way I see it:

Combine and Pro Day = Job Fair
Team Workout = Interview

shane4177
02-12-2013, 12:56 PM
I would say the most important evaluation is when a team brings a guy in for a personal workout. Of course, the whole picture is what this is all about.

The way I see it:

Combine and Pro Day = Job Fair
Team Workout = Interview

Right but the team workout is how a team will rank the player..........the other two are how the scouts/media/analysts rank them, and it also dictates where they fall on the board come the big day.