PDA

View Full Version : the right hand of romo

DEgiants89
12-25-2011, 04:15 PM
so it is said he had a bruise hand? But the last time I checked, your whole hand doesn't swell up to the size of an ogre's foot where you can't hold or throw football. I assume they are hiding the true nature of the injury? I am sure it will be cold in NY and anyone knows that injuries in the cold become worse (esp if they have swelling).

otherwise great win by the GMEN and the KNICKS!! Happy holidays and merry christmas to all

TroyArcher
12-25-2011, 04:16 PM
If he does play just the more reason to get a lot of hits on him.

bigblue4417
12-25-2011, 04:24 PM
http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1015500/1015746_0b59_625x1000.jpg

TuckYou
12-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't won't to play vs McGee. He will light the D up. Perry will not blitz him at all.

SanAntonioGiant
12-25-2011, 04:50 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/836084/romohhand_1_medium.jpg

RobCarpenter
12-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Nothing a little Naproxen or ibuprofen won't fix.</P>

Romo will be ready, our D needs to be ready!</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
12-25-2011, 05:00 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/836084/romohhand_1_medium.jpg

i've had some pretty nasty injuries to my ankle and hand and it swelled up like that, and in my case, the swelling didnt subside for over a week and i couldnt do anything but elevate the affected area.

then when the swelling did go down it was all black and blue and it didnt feel right for some time.

this hand issue is going to be a factor come sunday, wish they didnt push the game back its another 5 hours that will help romos hand, kinda lame about that...

but still he aint practicing this week, and when he plays i expect rust. romo is not good in pressure games and u add that his throwing hand in particular the part that controls touch and accuracy is all funked up, it should be a factor in our favor

RobCarpenter
12-25-2011, 05:15 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/836084/romohhand_1_medium.jpg i've had some pretty nasty injuries to my ankle and hand and it swelled up like that, and in my case, the swelling didnt subside for over a week and i couldnt do anything but elevate the affected area. then when the swelling did go down it was all black and blue and it didnt feel right for some time. this hand issue is going to be a factor come sunday, wish they didnt push the game back its another 5 hours that will help romos hand, kinda lame about that... but still he aint practicing this week, and when he plays i expect rust. romo is not good in pressure games and u add that his throwing hand in particular the part that controls touch and accuracy is all funked up, it should be a factor in our favor</P>

Swelling can be a funny thing. Dpends on the root cause.</P>

That said, I've had swelling much worse than than Romo's photo and been fine in a few days with some strong anti-inflammatories. Only time will tell, but my gut feeling is that Romo will be more than ready to tumble.</P>

Overdrive92
12-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Romo will play. He played with cracked ribs. A boo-boo on his hand won't hold him back.

u2good
12-25-2011, 05:25 PM
...or maybe they'll bring in Jon Kitna for a week.

Denaliman316
12-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I think Kitna is on IR.

Just watched on NFL.com "Who will win the NFC East" well it wasn't a prediction instead it turned into will Romo play.

While no one said no he won't ,they also said the cold weather in NJ probably will affect it. In terms of sensitivity, pain, etc. I know when it's cold and windy my left knee which I have injured a bunch skiing years ago swells up and gets sore and stiff.

I do think he will play though. I mean their season is on the line. Hopefully he won't be a hundred percent because of it though.

AllTuckedUp
12-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Hope he plays and the injury isn't a factor. I want nothing less than their best. No excuses.

gmen0820
12-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Hope he plays and the injury isn't a factor. I want nothing less than their best. No excuses.Really? I honestly just don't want to face a backup, again.

gradstang
12-25-2011, 05:47 PM
he will play. their season is on the line. he has the whole off sesaon to heal.

ashleymarie
12-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Romo can still beat us, sore hand and all. Remember Eli does not play too well in Metlife, nor in the cold. Our receivers have the droppseys at times. I want all the advantages we can get and if that means "no Romo", so be it. Merry Christmas all.

tittletoshofner
12-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Updated injury report here: http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/tony-womo-out-three-to-four-weeks-with-bwoken-widd,2581/

Rudyy
12-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Updated injury report here: http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/tony-womo-out-three-to-four-weeks-with-bwoken-widd,2581/
Hahahaha.

Sarcasman
12-25-2011, 06:14 PM

Crap.

DEgiants89
12-26-2011, 02:53 AM

hahaha epic

pezman1963
12-26-2011, 03:50 AM
I hope plays and floats passes loses snaps and fumbles when hit..... the hands going to to be a factor.

BlueSanta
12-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Its very possible to get a contusion on your hand that would cause it to swell even more than his did.

But I want him to play. Its not like Romo has a track history of performing well late in the season with a lot at stake.

ashleymarie
12-26-2011, 04:52 AM
I hope plays and floats passes loses snaps and fumbles when hit..... the hands going to to be a factor.

I'm with you.

DJloves
12-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I want to beat them at their best, so I hope he heals. But Fewell better blitz the heck out of our D.

Redeyejedi
12-26-2011, 12:38 PM
I think Kitna is on IR.

Just watched on NFL.com "Who will win the NFC East" well it wasn't a prediction instead it turned into will Romo play.

While no one said no he won't ,they also said the cold weather in NJ probably will affect it. In terms of sensitivity, pain, etc. I know when it's cold and windy my left knee which I have injured a bunch skiing years ago swells up and gets sore and stiff.

I do think he will play though. I mean their season is on the line. Hopefully he won't be a hundred percent because of it though. Giants have to knock him down have him fall on that hand hard to brace himself .They should be able to knock him out the game.Its worth giving up a play to smash him into that cold ground

Ntegrase96
12-26-2011, 12:49 PM
I think I read somewhere it's a broken blood vessel on the back of his hand.

He was throwing on the sideline and would have come back in the Eagles game, but the coaches had him sit since the game was meaningless.

I'd imagine with the training staff on top of things it shouldn't stop him from playing or be a huge factor.

jakegibbs
12-26-2011, 12:54 PM
so it is said he had a bruise hand? But the last time I checked, your whole hand doesn't swell up to the size of an ogre's foot where you can't hold or throw football. I assume they are hiding the true nature of the injury? I am sure it will be cold in NY and anyone knows that injuries in the cold become worse (esp if they have swelling).

otherwise great win by the GMEN and the KNICKS!! Happy holidays and merry christmas to all

It all depends on strength of gripping the football. If his grip is weak expect some ducks if not it will hardly be noticed.

They'll shoot that hand up where he won't know it's injured. I expect him to be @ 100%. There season on the line same as Giants.

fourth&forever
12-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I think I read somewhere it's a broken blood vessel on the back of his hand.

He was throwing on the sideline and would have come back in the Eagles game, but the coaches had him sit since the game was meaningless.

I'd imagine with the training staff on top of things it shouldn't stop him from playing or be a huge factor.
Thanks for the info NT.
I expect another rousing game sunday night. Hope all is decided on the field and not in the review booth.
May the better team win.

G4L
12-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Which hand typically goes on top and receives hit of the ball as the center snaps - throwing or non-throwing? QB - Center exchange could turn into an issue for Romo in NY weather this time of year.

Denaliman316
12-26-2011, 05:21 PM
I think Kitna is on IR.

I do think he will play though. I mean their season is on the line. Hopefully he won't be a hundred percent because of it though. Giants have to knock him down have him fall on that hand hard to brace himself .They should be able to knock him out the game.Its worth giving up a play to smash him into that cold ground

Looks like Montrae Holland their OG is going to be out with a partially torn bicep. Isn't he the guy who was blocking JPP? Not to mention from what I have read the run game really got going when he came in for Nagy.

NY_Eli
12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
I'd prefer a known choker with a busted hand to a healthy qb with something to prove....

SiCk_DiAbLo
12-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Tony will play, come on now if it was Osi, then that's a different story..

Joe Morrison
12-26-2011, 08:05 PM
There is a rumor, and I repeat a Rumor that Jerry Jones has reached out to Giant Killer Donavan McNabb for $100,000.00 for coming in and beating the Giants, and match that for each game he wins in the playoffs!</P>

meanygiantschick
12-26-2011, 08:08 PM
+3 LMAO

giantsfan420
12-26-2011, 08:09 PM
There is a rumor, and I repeat a Rumor that Jerry Jones has reached out to Giant Killer Donavan McNabb for $100,000.00 for coming in and beating the Giants, and match that for each game he wins in the playoffs!</P>

where on earth did u hear that one?lol

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-26-2011, 08:10 PM
the swelling has gone down and the Cowboys aren't looking for a QB, so safe bet that he'll play.

Joe Morrison
12-26-2011, 08:13 PM

where on earth did u hear that one?lol</P>

Friend of mine who is a huge Dallas Fan for years, wouldn't give me any more than that, hope he's just yanking my chain.</P>

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Tony will play, come on now if it was Osi, then that's a different story..

LOL! That's true

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 01:06 AM

I'd match that and triple it.

NYfanatic
12-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Well I will take a beaten up Romo over a healthy Stephen McGee.
Hopefully that injury shows up a bit in the game and just a few bad throws due to it causes the gmen to win.

gmen0820
12-27-2011, 01:31 AM

Friend of mine who is a huge Dallas Fan for years, wouldn't give me any more than that, hope he's just yanking my chain.</P>This is not only bull****, but I beg to differ that he is a Giant killer. Reid is a Giant killer. We destroyed McNabb on the Redskins.

McNabb is done.

BurnerNYG
12-27-2011, 01:37 AM

Friend of mine who is a huge Dallas Fan for years, wouldn't give me any more than that, hope he's just yanking my chain.</P>This is not only bull****, but I beg to differ that he is a Giant killer. Reid is a Giant killer. We destroyed McNabb on the Redskins.

McNabb is done.I agree, McNugget is done!

Denaliman316
12-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Out of ESPN Dallas
[quote]IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo practiced Wednesday despite a bruised right hand, further signaling that the Dallas Cowboys quarterback will be ready to play in Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

Romo did not wear a brace or wrap on his hand. He threw several passes during the portion of practice that was open to the media without any trouble, although they did not have much zip on them.[\quote]

Razur
12-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Romo needs to be more concerened about the right hand of JPP !!!!!

Denaliman316
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Romo was wearing a glove on his hand today and "Throwing soft passes".

Possible regression or just mind games?

:-X

Sarcasman
12-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Romo was wearing a glove on his hand today and "Throwing soft passes".

Possible regression or just mind games?

:-X

Gamesmanship.

HIs hand is fine.

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 10:15 PM

he must have to use his left hand on Witten now.

allentown PA
12-29-2011, 10:16 PM
he must have to use his left hand on witten now.