PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Ranks Arthur Brown as The Best LB

gabriel_1
02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
I was taking a look at the nfl.com draft tracker when I saw that Arthur Brown had the highest grade out of all LB.

Would you guys be happy if we got Arthur Brown in the first instead of Ogletree or Te'o

ozzie0075
02-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Yes Brown is better than both. But is rising up the boards like crazy and the Giants may not have a shot at him. I would hate if they took Te'o he looks slow on tape and struggles to get off of blocks.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
02-12-2013, 07:31 PM
At this point, I don't know. All I know is there's been plenty of draft picks that have been valued high but never pan out. I trust Reese, and that's all I gotta say about that.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Yes Brown is better than both. But is rising up the boards like crazy and the Giants may not have a shot at him. I would hate if they took Te'o he looks slow on tape and struggles to get off of blocks. And he was nowhere to be found in the Bowl game, not to mention we don't need Eagles Fans taunting him about his Catfish saga.

gabriel_1
02-12-2013, 07:43 PM
I know evveryone is just hating on Te'o right now, but sincerely I believe that everyone that whoever pass on him will be regretting the year after. Yes he is slow to get off blocks, but he has the best instincts, he's a natural ILB and has the size to play it. I think he will try hard in the Combine and by the end of this month he will be back in the top picks of the draft.

ozzie0075
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
I know evveryone is just hating on Te'o right now, but sincerely I believe that everyone that whoever pass on him will be regretting the year after. Yes he is slow to get off blocks, but he has the best instincts, he's a natural ILB and has the size to play it. I think he will try hard in the Combine and by the end of this month he will be back in the top picks of the draft.

Right now based on his film he has a 2nd round grade and I don't think his combine and pro day numbers will help him much. The combine interview process is going to be very important for him.

Redeyejedi
02-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Browns a nice player but to me a 2nd round pick. Id grade him out about the same as Lavonte David . Ogletree is the best LB in the class even though his tape frustrates me.

ozzie0075
02-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Browns a nice player but to me a 2nd round pick. Id grade him out about the same as Lavonte David . Ogletree is the best LB in the class even though his tape frustrates me.

Just out of curiosity whats your grade on Te'o?

slipknottin
02-12-2013, 08:12 PM

He doesnt really have the size. He was 255 earlier in his college career, and couldnt play in coverage or get sideline to sideline, so he dropped to 235 pounds this season, played real well in coverage, but got destroyed against the bigger OL of Bama.

Hes not any bigger than Arthur Brown. 6'1 235 vs. 6'2 235. Same thing.

Ogletree has more upside than Brown, but Brown is the best inside linebacker in this draft class.

gabriel_1
02-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Brown does has the size to play the ILB, I'm just saying that I think Te'o does too.
I like the three of them, I'd rather Ogletree in the first, but I'm sure that a lot will change after the combine, mainly because he is super athletic and a lot of teams will fall in love with him.

Carter.525
02-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I love Brown in the 2nd, if we miss out on Ogletree.. starting to think he might be gone

Redeyejedi
02-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Just out of curiosity whats your grade on Te'o? Had him in the Top 15 early in the season to a 3-4 team. The more games I went through the Alabama game especially and then the weirdness . 2nd round might get worse depends on how he tests.

PBTimmons
02-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Ogletree has more upside than Brown, but Brown is the best inside linebacker in this draft class.

Considering how many mention this on these boards I get the impression that Ogletree is boom/bust. Is he similar to a Pierre Paul prospect? When we picked Pierre Paul we knew he could develop and wouldn't be an instant starter.

I'm just not sure we have the right environment at LB for a potential project/ high round LB who might not start from day one.

Captain Chaos
02-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Still lots of time between now and the draft day, this would be a good pick up in the right area. Still think if we have a shot at a good DE we should go for that in the first. That or a CB, which they will sorely need...

slipknottin
02-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Considering how many mention this on these boards I get the impression that Ogletree is boom/bust. Is he similar to a Pierre Paul prospect? When we picked Pierre Paul we knew he could develop and wouldn't be an instant starter.

I'm just not sure we have the right environment at LB for a potential project/ high round LB who might not start from day one.

Well ogletree can run and cover. He just may need to start off on the weakside where he can be protected by the DT in front of him. He is not good with his hands and gets walled off by OL easily.

It's probably coachable, but it's something that will likely prevent him from starting off in the middle early in his career.

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Well ogletree can run and cover. He just may need to start off on the weakside where he can be protected by the DT in front of him. He is not good with his hands and gets walled off by OL easily.

It's probably coachable, but it's something that will likely prevent him from starting off in the middle early in his career. I think the worst thing that happens with him is u get an upper tier WLB. He can play man coverage against Tight Ends, Should be a very good blitzer, when he is clean he will make plays all over the field. I just dont like how he will avoid engaing with lineman. He will turn his back and chase but it gives up another 5-6 yards. Id like to see him come be able to beat blocks and make tackles. This is something thats on browns tape and not on Ogletree's.. the thing that Ogletree has on Brown is explosion. He is very quick and fast. thats something Brown wont ever be able to match but Ogletree can figure out how to beat blocks better

slipknottin
02-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Still think brown will surprise at the combine. Similar to how there were some who thought Kuechly was not that athletic.

Brown may very well run in the 4.4s.

Just looks slower, IMO, because he's smaller and doesn't take a lot of false steps. Ogletree looks like he's sprinting across the field quite a bit.

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Still think brown will surprise at the combine. Similar to how there were some who thought Kuechly was not that athletic.

Just looks slower, IMO, because he's smaller and doesn't take a lot of false steps. Ogletree looks like he's sprinting across the field quite a bit. Yeah he isnt a bad athlete will run in the 4..5's at worst.

slipknottin
02-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah he isnt a bad athlete will run in the 4..5's at worst.

Yea. I think a lot of us (I know I do) have trouble really evaluating how fast a guy is because you get distracted by size and how they look when they run.

I remember last year some thought martez Wilson was like a 4.9 type guy because he looked slow when he ran. He had a strange running motion. But he ran a 4.4 something at the combine.

Have to really just go by how much distance they cover and ignore watching the player actually run.

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Yea. I think a lot of us (I know I do) have trouble really evaluating how fast a guy is because you get distracted by size and how they look when they run.

I remember last year some thought martez Wilson was like a 4.9 type guy because he looked slow when he ran. He had a strange running motion. But he ran a 4.4 something at the combine.

Have to really just go by how much distance they cover and ignore watching the player actually run.Im not sure how realastic he is for the Giants. 19 is a little early and he gets picked before they pick in the 2nd I believe.

titwio
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM

Just looks slower, IMO, because he's smaller and doesn't take a lot of false steps. Ogletree looks like he's sprinting across the field quite a bit.

Was just about to same something like this. I was watching some footage of Brown dropping into coverage against WR's and running stride for stride with them.

Arthur Brown, at least to me, doesn't look like he lacks for explosion at all.

myles2424
02-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Seems there's a chance Ogletree is gone in hthe 1st & Brown/Greene are gone in the 2nd....one of those 3 would be nice

slipknottin
02-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Was just about to same something like this. I was watching some footage of Brown dropping into coverage against WR's and running stride for stride with them.

Arthur Brown, at least to me, doesn't look like he lacks for explosion at all.

Watch the Baylor video. Towards the end of the video he chases rg3 down like nothing.

titwio
02-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Watch the Baylor video. Towards the end of the video he chases rg3 down like nothing.

Just watched it....impressive. I just finished watching him against Oklahoma too. Can't really say who he reminds me of....he's like a hybrid of different LB's I've watched in the pro's. Anyway here's the link to the OU game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-8PakrrQok

A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-8PakrrQok)t 3:20 he murders a wide-out.

slipknottin
02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
He reminds me of bowman a lot to be honest. Similar type of range and physicality.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes Brown is better than both. But is rising up the boards like crazy and the Giants may not have a shot at him. I would hate if they took Te'o he looks slow on tape and struggles to get off of blocks.

as of now he is more polished than ogeltree,,but ogeltree has much more athleticism and upside, he could wind up as one of the best players in this draft. the questions with brown are he is undersized and will he be able to hold up in the NFL with out being pushed around? or cover bigger WR's and TE's? I would be happy with either.

slipknottin
02-13-2013, 04:13 PM
as of now he is more polished than ogeltree,,but ogeltree has much more athleticism and upside, he could wind up as one of the best players in this draft. the questions with brown are he is undersized and will he be able to hold up in the NFL with out being pushed around? or cover bigger WR's and TE's? I would be happy with either.

Brown isn't undersized. Unless Willis, ray Lewis, and Bowman are undersized too.

Ogletree doesn't have a lot more athleticism. I'd say they are about equally athletically. Ogletree just has a bigger frame and is 2" taller

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Brown isn't undersized. Unless Willis, ray Lewis, and Bowman are undersized too.

Ogletree doesn't have a lot more athleticism. I'd say they are about equally athletically. Ogletree just has a bigger frame and is 2" taller

so if you stand brown next to these guys mentioned you are saying they look the same? not even close,,,those LB's you mentioned are well put together dudes whereas brown is smallish for 230, and probably cant get much bigger, ogeltree can and will.

slipknottin
02-13-2013, 04:52 PM
so if you stand brown next to these guys mentioned you are saying they look the same? not even close,,,those LB's you mentioned are well put together dudes whereas brown is smallish for 230, and probably cant get much bigger, ogeltree can and will.

Brown is almost the exact same size as bowman, Willis, and the current ray Lewis. All of them are about 6'0-6'1 235-245 pounds. A difference of five or so pounds is nothing significant.

Now that's assuming brown measures in the size his school reports...

G-Men Surg.
02-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Brown is almost the exact same size as bowman, Willis, and the current ray Lewis. All of them are about 6'0-6'1 235-245 pounds. A difference of five or so pounds is nothing significant.

Agree. In my eyes he looks or " plays " taller than his actual size report. The combine will strip away any doubts.

juice33s
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM

His brother Bryce measured in at 5'11 3/8 at thome combine....You be the judge (Arthur's on the left)
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/08/17/NCAA-clears-Kansas-States-Brown-brothers-A3A7UB8-x-large.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=VMbiq6eSK1k7pM&tbnid=m-ATbnv4beqfnM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fsports%2Fcolle ge%2Ffootball%2Fbig12%2F2011-08-17-kansas-state-bryce-arthur-brown-ncaa-eligible_n.htm&ei=9B8cUbX1FqPm2gXO8oGIDw&bvm=bv.42261806,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNHPU2cZ_rwgxHllGvx2TBUViJ7U2A&ust=1360884079756735)

BlueSabbath
02-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Big fan of Brown, but would rather have Ogletree. His film doesn't frustrate me either. He has way more upside IMO and has has played in a much better conference.

Broadway Blue
02-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Would rather have Brown in the 2nd round then Teo in the 1st

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 08:38 PM

Now that's assuming brown measures in the size his school reports... Bowman played his senior year at 230 put on 10 pounds for the combine. That seems to be the norm for LB's

myles2424
02-13-2013, 11:46 PM

Please explain why brown "probably cant get much bigger"....