PDA

View Full Version : Kiper says Warmack's stock is dipping...

BlueSabbath
02-13-2013, 06:38 PM
not because of his play/ability but because some teams aren't wanting to use high draft picks on a guard. That doesn't necessarily mean he drops to us though, or that teams are being honest... but figured I'd post it anyway since I know a lot of posters are eying him.

Also while discussing Alabama players he said he's extremely high on DJ Fluker (some teams aren't) and thinks he could be a late first round pick... and that Eddie Lacy's stock is rising quickly.

titwio
02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
If Warmack is there at 19 I'll run to Radio City myself and turn in the card.

Broadway Blue
02-13-2013, 06:47 PM
I see Warmack going to the Jets

BlueSabbath
02-13-2013, 06:49 PM

I'm with you on that. Don't see it happening though.

G-Men Surg.
02-13-2013, 06:56 PM
If he gets past by the Jets and Titans and slips even more I could see the Cowturds snatching him away.

Carter.525
02-13-2013, 06:58 PM

I'll race ya..

penguinfarmer
02-13-2013, 06:58 PM
That's not really falling. That's him landing closer to where he belongs. A guard in the top 10 is a bit extreme.

TheAnalyst
02-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Yeah, if he is there at 19, its a no brainer. Fluker I seeing is being more equated to a RT. I would rather a LT if we are going 1st with a Takckle in this draft.

Lacy will be a stud.

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 09:08 AM
I think Warmack is a can't miss prospect.. All Pro for years

slipknottin
02-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Kiper is an idiot. How is his stock falling? All of a sudden teams realized hes a guard?

Or perhaps your rankings were complete crap to begin with. And no guard is going to go top 5. Even top 10 is pushing it.

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Kiper = turd

TCHOF
02-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Kiper is an idiot. How is his stock falling? All of a sudden teams realized hes a guard?

Or perhaps your rankings were complete crap to begin with. And no guard is going to go top 5. Even top 10 is pushing it.

I agree . . . it makes no sense for a guy's stock to "drop" at this stage because of his opinion. Kiper is just finding out that his "stock" in the player is different than the NFL "stock" in the player and is adjusting his stock accordingly.

shane4177
02-15-2013, 10:42 AM
No offense to Warmack, but how does a C/G get projected for the 1st round, much less the top 15 picks? I can understand the value of an OT going 1st, even going top 5.....but a G/C? Unless he can possibly translate into an OT in the Pro's.........he is not a good selection for the 1st round IMHO.

slipknottin
02-15-2013, 10:46 AM
No offense to Warmack, but how does a C/G get projected for the 1st round, much less the top 15 picks? I can understand the value of an OT going 1st, even going top 5.....but a G/C? Unless he can possibly translate into an OT in the Pro's.........he is not a good selection for the 1st round IMHO.

Lots of teams feel that way. Which is why guards don't get drafted that high. I do think once you get past 15 then guards are considered. Far different from top 5 to 15 and later though

Toadofsteel
02-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, if he is there at 19, its a no brainer. Fluker I seeing is being more equated to a RT. I would rather a LT if we are going 1st with a Takckle in this draft.

Lacy will be a stud.

If a guy like Fluker lasted until our 2nd round pick I would LOVE that. But I doubt he will, and we NEEEEEEEEEEEED a RT...

TheEnigma
02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Lots of C/G's have been taken in the backend of the 1st the last few years and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 selected there once more.

Kruunch
02-15-2013, 01:15 PM

That's about the only way we'll draft him :D

The last time a Guard was taken before the 15th pick was 1997, Chris Naeole to the Saints.

On average for the past two decades, only one Guard has been taken in the first round at all (average position - 21).

Pure Centers (do they even exist anymore?) fair even worse. Last one picked before pick #15 was back in 1993 and almost never see a first round pick in general.

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 01:19 PM
He won't make it past the Cowboys..

Kruunch
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
I agree . . . it makes no sense for a guy's stock to "drop" at this stage because of his opinion. Kiper is just finding out that his "stock" in the player is different than the NFL "stock" in the player and is adjusting his stock accordingly.

Actually it does ... a lot of "off position" players get rated very highly up to the Draft and then teams bail on them.

A good example is the Giants and Cordy Glenn last year. He was projected as a mid-first round pick and slid to the second. AND that was with him being projected as either a Guard or Tackle.

But Kiper is still a turd.

titwio
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
That's about the only way we'll draft him :D

You don't think the Giants will take him? Warmack will go higher than most guard prospects this year because he's considered the best prospect at the position in the last decade or so. His tape is tremendous and IMO, even though he's a guard, he's one of the best and dominating players in the draft. Hands down.

Kruunch
02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
You don't think the Giants will take him? Warmack will go higher than most guard prospects this year because he's considered the best prospect at the position in the last decade or so. His tape is tremendous and IMO, even though he's a guard, he's one of the best and dominating players in the draft. Hands down.

I don't disagree and I wouldn't disagree that we not only need him, if he's available when we pick he'd be BPA.

BUT the position isn't a valued one and even less so by the Giants. The Giants letting Mike Iupati go for JPP, and Cordy Glenn go for David Wilson is a testament to where they are on the OG position.

And to be honest, I'm not sure they wouldn't be better served by grabbing the best DT or CB (or both) when we pick this year. If I was going to go FA a position, why not FA one of the cheapest ones?

Question: If Sheldon Richardson and Warmack are both available, who do you pick?

titwio
02-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Question: If Sheldon Richardson and Warmack are both available, who do you pick?

I'd easily take Warmack. The Giants invested a 1st round pick on a RB last year because not only because Wilson was a great athlete but they were last in the league in rushing. This season teams on many occasions challenged the Giants to run the ball with no extra men in the box while they geared to doubling Nicks and Cruz and shutting down the passing attack. It worked on way too many occasions. We even heard Giants wide-outs proclaiming that their scheme was figured out. The point I'm making is the Giants need to run the ball again to remain a balanced team and not only is Chance the best Guard prospect who would be an upgrade over Boothe, but his biggest area of expertise is run blocking. He's a big reason on why Eddie Lacy is even being projected where he is in the draft. They ran it to his side constantly with success.

Sheldon Richardson is impressive but he reminds me a lot of Marvin Austin coming out of the draft. He's an athletic physical specimen at the DT position but struggles against the run. I've said this before but if they do take Richardson it's likely because they don't have faith in Austin stepping up this year.

Kruunch
02-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I'd easily take Warmack. The Giants invested a 1st round pick on a RB last year because not only because Wilson was a great athlete but they were last in the league in rushing. This season teams on many occasions challenged the Giants to run the ball with no extra men in the box while they geared to doubling Nicks and Cruz and shutting down the passing attack. It worked on way too many occasions. We even heard Giants wide-outs proclaiming that their scheme was figured out. The point I'm making is the Giants need to run the ball again to remain a balanced team and not only is Chance the best Guard prospect who would be an upgrade over Boothe, but his biggest area of expertise is run blocking. He's a big reason on why Eddie Lacy is even being projected where he is in the draft. They ran it to his side constantly with success.

Sheldon Richardson is impressive but he reminds me a lot of Marvin Austin coming out of the draft. He's an athletic physical specimen at the DT position but struggles against the run. I've said this before but if they do take Richardson it's likely because they don't have faith in Austin stepping up this year.

I don't see the Giants thinking that way. I could be wrong though.

titwio
02-15-2013, 03:30 PM
I don't see the Giants thinking that way. I could be wrong though.

I'm no expert, just giving off my opinion on the situation. I could be wrong too but if he's available for the Giants at 19....I really hope I'm right.

juice33s
02-15-2013, 11:47 PM
NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.

"The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-16-2013, 02:28 AM
NFL Network's Mike Mayock stated on the Rich Eisen Podcast that Alabama OG Chance Warmack is the best 2013 draft-eligible prospect he's seen on film.

"The best player I've seen on tape is the guard from Alabama, Chance Warmack," said Mayock. "Now he's not going No. 1, but he's the best football player (in the draft)." Mayock expects the 2013 draft to be heavy on offensive and defensive linemen in the first round, because they are the strength of the draft.

the war belly. if by "chance"we could get him in the first and arthur brown in the second I would be giddy like a little school girl.

BlessedinBlue22
02-16-2013, 03:09 AM

Kinda reminds me of David De Castro who Pitt picked with the 24th pick. But best player in the draft? Jarvis Jones is a heck of a pass rusher similar to Von Milller, probably even more athletic..And Patterson from Texas is ridiculously talented. Best Football Player not even on his team, dee millner is as solid a player at CB, and will be drafted way before him.

slipknottin
02-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Kinda reminds me of David De Castro who Pitt picked with the 24th pick. But best player in the draft? Jarvis Jones is a heck of a pass rusher similar to Von Milller, probably even more athletic..And Patterson from Texas is ridiculously talented. Best Football Player not even on his team, dee millner is as solid a player at CB, and will be drafted way before him.

Jones is not even in the same ballpark as Von Miller. Miller is a once a decade type pass rush talent.

juice33s
02-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Jones is not even in the same ballpark as Von Miller. Miller is a once a century type pass rush talent.
So your saying he's the greatest pass rusher of all time?.....Lawerence Taylor (cough, cough)

And in that mold you'd also have to look at Derrick Thomas, Andre Tippet, Pat Swilling and Kevin green

slipknottin
02-16-2013, 10:08 AM
So your saying he's the greatest pass rusher of all time?.....Lawerence Taylor (cough, cough)

And in that mold you'd also have to look at Derrick Thomas, Andre Tippet, Pat Swilling and Kevin green

Once in a decade I meant. Miller, LT, and Derrick Thomas are the three who I would compare.

GOBLUE24
02-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Put me in the group of run to podium to pick Chance. I was screaming for Glenn last year. I liked Wilson a lot too just think oline run blocking is subpar. Instant starter and top 5 Og in league.

keyofgmen
02-16-2013, 11:19 AM
I would be thrilled to have Warmack but don't think he will available. Now, maybe Jonathan Cooper might be available and I would say take him.

Carter.525
02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I would be thrilled to have Warmack but don't think he will available. Now, maybe Jonathan Cooper might be available and I would say take him.

I really hope Cooper isnt the BPA at #19..