PDA

View Full Version : Coradelle Patterson!

BlessedinBlue22
02-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Please watch his highlights first then comment..The guy is like nothing i've seen coming out of college football in the last decade. JPP wasn't a need when we drafted him but he wound up being huge. Cruz, Nicks or Hixon may be gone. Though we have bigger needs and holes to fill, Barden is FA as well i believe. This guy is a triple threat. Can even be a running back has moves like barry sanders and he's 6'3! Vid is below..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6pGFvDqt0&list=FLA4GCKOarIDhe7W42ZwsZpQ&feature=mh_lolz

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-15-2013, 08:17 PM
the only problem is we really are set at WR until something happens with cruz or nicks,,,he is a talent though,,,,what round does he go in?

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-15-2013, 08:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/cordarrelle-patterson?id=2540145

titwio
02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
He's a great talent and is tops for me as far as wide-outs go this year. He's a legit, top notch game changer. The Giants just unfortunately don't need a WR this year. They have so many other holes they need to fill.

If they didn't, I'd be singing all his praises this offseason. Team like the Patriots, Dolphins, Texans or Rams could really use a guy like him.

titwio
02-15-2013, 08:20 PM
what round does he go in?

1st round for sure.

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 08:20 PM
very impressive.. Patterson is a blur, with crazy moves

Redeyejedi
02-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Explosive player great athlete but not a very good WR. Not a good route runner, lapses of concentration,struggles against press coverage and has iffy hands. Looks great in highlight videos but down to down has holes in his game.Physical CB's shut him down all season long

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 09:12 PM
I think the Dolphins take him

Redeyejedi
02-15-2013, 09:15 PM
I think the Dolphins take him
It would be interesting, they went down that road with an athlete that wasnt a good WR with Ginn and got burned. He has better size and a higher ceiling then Ginn but the same type of thing. Tennessee had to invent the ball into his hands because he couldnt get open

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
It would be interesting, they went down that road with an athlete that wasnt a good WR with Ginn and got burned. He has better size and a higher ceiling then Ginn but the same type of thing. Tennessee had to invent the ball into his hands because he couldnt get open

dont know a lot about him but from the little I have watched he seems to haul in the difficult passes but drops the easy ones. am I correct in my general analysis?

Redeyejedi
02-15-2013, 09:25 PM
dont know a lot about him but from the little I have watched he seems to haul in the difficult passes but drops the easy ones. am I correct in my general analysis?Yep Concentration lapses Stephen Hill had the same problem . Patterson can catch with his hands though S Hill cant.Wish i could make videos showing WR's routes when they arent getting thrown 2 it looks like crap though

nycsportzfan
02-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Best u seen in last decade??lol Have u just started watching football this yr?lol j/k..lol U obviously didn't get a chance to watch Julio Jones play, thats for sure...

juice33s
02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
NFL Network's Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped" after studying Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson on tape.
"The one kid I'm really interested in seeing run (at the Combine) is the Patterson kid from Tennessee," said Mayock. "You heard me say earlier I haven't seen any really explosive difference makers (in this draft); This kid's only played one year of Division-I football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. And he's big. ... He's 6-foot-3, 200-plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. All I know is his ceiling could be really exciting because he's so darn raw. And I can't wait to see him run."
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131085/cordarrelle-patterson

juice33s
02-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Best u seen in last decade??lol Have u just started watching football this yr?lol j/k..lol U obviously didn't get a chance to watch Julio Jones play, thats for sure...
(Clears throat) Calvin Johnson

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-15-2013, 10:37 PM

larry fitzgerald, too

juice33s
02-15-2013, 10:41 PM
larry fitzgerald, too
Obviously in terms of overall play Larry Fitz is up there at a hall of fame level, but in terms of "jaw dropping" athletiscm, I'm pretty sure Calvin johnson is the only person in the history of the world to measure 6'5" 240, run a 4.35 40 and have a verticle of 42.5inches....

Speaking of jaw dropping athletiscm, I would of loved to see what Lebron Jame's combine numbers would of been at 21 years old....Kind of random, but the guy is hands down the greatest athlete of this generation

nycsportzfan
02-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Obviously in terms of overall play Larry Fitz is up there at a hall of fame level, but in terms of "jaw dropping" athletiscm, I'm pretty sure Calvin johnson is the only person in the history of the world to measure 6'5" 240, run a 4.35 40 and have a verticle of 42.5inches....

Speaking of jaw dropping athletiscm, I would of loved to see what Lebron Jame's combine numbers would of been at 21 years old....Kind of random, but the guy is hands down the greatest athlete of this generation Julio Jones is no joke either.. In terms of athletic ability, speed, and overall pass catching ability.. Shoot, Roddy White was a speed demon at his size with extreme athletic ability, hence going 1st rd from little ole UAB...

titwio
02-15-2013, 10:51 PM

If he means in terms of an elusive play making WR, I can see where the OP is coming from. Patterson in that way kinda reminds me a bit of Peter Warrick. Warrick was one of the most exciting college players I ever saw.

For those here who've never seen Warrick play....watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KfXUen5G4

juice33s
02-15-2013, 11:06 PM
If he means in terms of an elusive play making WR, I can see where the OP is coming from. Patterson in that way kinda reminds me a bit of Peter Warrick. Warrick was one of the most exciting college players I ever saw.

For those here who've never seen Warrick play....watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KfXUen5G4
Peter Warrick was one of my favorites too...Have you seen Tavon Austin? He's as elusive as pretty much anyone

titwio
02-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Peter Warrick was one of my favorites too...Have you seen Tavon Austin? He's as elusive as pretty much anyone

Oh yeah....I watched almost every WV game this year. Austin is a beast....so is Bailey. Can't wait to see these guys perform at the combine.

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 11:15 PM
If he means in terms of an elusive play making WR, I can see where the OP is coming from. Patterson in that way kinda reminds me a bit of Peter Warrick. Warrick was one of the most exciting college players I ever saw. For those here who've never seen Warrick play....watch thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KfXUen5G4Oh my was Warrick great at FSU.. Not so much on the Bengals though

titwio
02-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh my was Warrick great at FSU.. Not so much on the Bengals though

I was actually sad when he didn't make it. I used to watch him on TV as a kid thinking he was some kind of superhero or something.

BlessedinBlue22
02-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Yea, all the WR's mentioned are great Wideouts, but can Calvin Johnson return kickoffs/punts like this guy? i think not..this guy had a run like David Wilson had against clemson, where he eluded four oncoming defenders and reversed field for over a 20 yard gain. This guy is gonna be this years stephen hill at the combine and all over sports science lol

Redeyejedi
02-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Yea, all the WR's mentioned are great Wideouts, but can Calvin Johnson return kickoffs/punts like this guy? i think not..this guy had a run like David Wilson had against clemson, where he eluded four oncoming defenders and reversed field for over a 20 yard gain. This guy is gonna be this years stephen hill at the combine and all over sports science lol Yeah buyt Calvin John was light years better as a WR. Patterson struggled to get separation this season. He was shut down by good CB's

BlessedinBlue22
02-16-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah buyt Calvin John was light years better as a WR. Patterson struggled to get separation this season. He was shut down by good CB's

He looks to be a gadget player who can add some explosiveness to an offense, but yea probably not a true, reliable, number one receiver. Still, some team is going to have a lot of fun with this guy. If the Vikings are still having trouble with Harvin, Patterson could be a capable replacement.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-16-2013, 03:40 AM
He looks to be a gadget player who can add some explosiveness to an offense, but yea probably not a true, reliable, number one receiver. Still, some team is going to have a lot of fun with this guy. If the Vikings are still having trouble with Harvin, Patterson could be a capable replacement.I agree 100% about the Vikings. I have a lot of friends that are Vikes fans (moved from NY to SD haha) they are all over the place here. All of them are praying for Patterson.

He reminds me a lot of Warrick from the elusiveness standpoint. I think this kid could do some serious damage if put into the right system. If the Vikes cant hold onto Harvin I think they could do a lot of the same things they do with him but Harvin looks like the more physical runner.If we did not have Nicks and Cruz with Randle and some other talented WRs who haven't found their place yet (Jernigan and Barden) I would honestly love to see the Giants get this kid. You dont see many 6'3 WRs that quick and elusive making insane highlight plays in his 1st D1 year in the SEC very often. Kid should be exciting to watch thats for sure. I just hope whoever gets him (even the Giants but I doubt it) can figure a way to get him the ball in open space and just let him do what he does.

Captain Chaos
02-16-2013, 06:26 AM
In terms of future dollars replacing a potentially huge contract with a much cheaper Draft pick may be a very wise move. That does leave some money for other FAs that could help fill some holes.

BlessedinBlue22
02-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Keep The Coradelle Patterson "dream" alive lol I know we could go Okafor, even Warmack would be a nice fit at Guard to open some holes for Wilson and Brown. But patterson will be one of the bettter special teamers for years to come and we can't have WIlson returning kicks all the time as he is gonna be our feature back. Plus Randle lost his PR duties. Patterson would give us that really good starting field position, no he won't be able to replace a vic cruz or nicks but not so sure we can pay both. And if we can retain Cruz, Eli's go to guy, Patterson could be that dynamic wideout playmaker(he's 6'3) replacement for the oft injured nicks, plus he's not just taking up a roster spot like Barden at WR, he can play ST, even RB. saw him do an option QB play he threw for a TD.

My Loaded Mock
RD1 Coradelle Patterson WR
RD2 Tyrann Mattheiu CB/S
RD3 Shane Skov MLB
RD4 Brian Winters OT(replace Beatty)
RD5 Dion Sims MSU TE
RD6 Quanterus if he can return from ACL DE
RD7 Clint Sturgis K